Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

good news today was mike's first day of work....so yippe....keep him out of trouble... :lol::lol:
Hope Mike has a great first day!!! And you missy -- don't worry -- NVC will get your stuff in no time!!! For me, this was the waiting that seemed to drag on the longest.....you are so close -- yet....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good afternoon family.

Michele - congrats on your doctor's report. I have to go next week. Wish me luck.

Nannygirl - congrats on Mike's new job.

Julie - how are feeling today?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning,

Kim congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

Topic for today:

Now that you're living together what is the one quality that stands out that your spouse/fiance has that makes you say 'I am the most fortunate/lucky/blessed woman/man in the world'?

Thanks for all the wishes...

The several things that stands out to me start with how deep he loves and respects me......he hurts when I am sad and smiles when I am happy...he also cooks, cleans, makes my bed, does laundry and rubs my back everynight!! :whistle:;):blush: Nobody has ever held me with so much love before....not even my parents......... :wub::wub:

Have a beautiful wedding tomorrow. Take pictures for us. (F)

Timeline

HAVE A GREAT WEDDING KIM !! :dance: Tommorow is your bigg day!! :thumbs:

Nanny Girl- Congrats on Mike's Job

Jonesie: I dont think u saw me post last week... You had mentioned you filed AOS late and said when u come back from the interview you would tell me if they brought it up. Can u remind me how late you filed, and if they did in fact bring it up, even once?? :help:

2/1/2010- AOS , EAD. AP Mailed via USPS priority mail

2/3/2010- Received - via USPS delivery tracking

2/9/2010- Check Cashed

2/9/2010- NOA 1 Received for 131, 765, 485

2/17/2010- Received letter for biometrics

2/19/2010- Completed biometrics via early "walk in'

2/22/2010- Touched on I-765, 48

2/24/2010- Case transferred to CSC

4/2/2010 Card Production Ordered for I-765, AP touched (Yea!!)

4/8/10- Approval notice for I-765 sent via email/ AP touched

4/10/2010 Received AP.

4/12/10 Received EAD-

7/6/10 Contacted USCIS because now Outside normal processing time

7/23/10 Got RFE asking for proof of legitimate marriage- 1page and 1/4 of proofs

8/23/10 sent off RFE response via Expressmail

8/24/10 Received by CSC

9/2/10 Email from USCIS- Card Production Ordered

Timeline

Tenika - I know two people who waited almost 90 days AFTER the K-1 expired before they filed for the AOS. I personally would never wait that long but it worked for them. One got their AOS interview in four months...approved with green card and the other one was transferred to California...they will probably get a green card without an interview.

I hope this helps. Just my 2 cents

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jonesie: I dont think u saw me post last week... You had mentioned you filed AOS late and said when u come back from the interview you would tell me if they brought it up. Can u remind me how late you filed, and if they did in fact bring it up, even once?? :help:

Tenika - it was not mentioned by interviewer at all...so I don't think you have too much to worry about, but try to get that paperwork off as soon as you can (F)

Nanny - tell Mike congrats :bigup:

Julie - start charging Elias some rent for his "overstay" LOL LOL

Kim - ALL THE BEST TOMORROW (L)

Hey everyone :)

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline
Hi ladies,

I just wanted to stop by and say I got the I129F approval.

Congrats!!

Hey remember me :P hello ladies its been awhile.Good to see good tings gwaan.For the not so good keep GOD..IT WILL GET BETTER.Leo bought a new car today..96 civic honda.Hes very proud.We're doing the damn thing..when its good its so good and when it gets dark& cloudy I just pray for stronger light than I have.Its good to see this family gettin biggah...keep it up.

Hey Ten...welcome back!! Glad to see things are going well for you guys. Please send Leo my congrats on the new car! :thumbs:

Hi Ladies-

Just checking in for the day.......been busy all day...we picked up our marriage license today...the official day is coming close......we are going to the courthouse Thursday...then having dinner with close friends and family at a nice restraurant. We will stay two days at a hotel in San Francisco....then we are having a big BBQ on Sunday with lots of friends and family. It should be nice...but we are still having the BIG wedding next August!!

So....

Marsha-congrats on the approval!! :dance::dance::dance:

Rhonda-Have a great trip!!! :thumbs:

Jill-Hope Lake's first day was great! (L)

Leo-That is great about the new car...how exciting!!!! :dance:

Tawana-Hope you are having better days! (F)(L)

Julie- Enough already.......hey "likkle" Elias.......soon come mi yute......soon come mi yute!!!!

Have a happy Tuesday all!!

Kim

tomorrow's the big day!!! Early congrats to you both :luv:

Good morning,

Kim congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

Topic for today:

Now that you're living together what is the one quality that stands out that your spouse/fiance has that makes you say 'I am the most fortunate/lucky/blessed woman/man in the world'?

He makes my lunch in the morning :luv: He does so many great things, but that I love (L)(L)(L)

Thanks for all your well wishes, I will pass them on to him. He is working second shift, so hopefully he can still go to his GED classes in the morning. Hours are 3 to 11:30 so I have to pick him up in a few hours. Cant wait to hear how it went! :lol:

Henry has that same shift. He goes to GED class in the morning, then comes home takes 1 hour power nap, eats lunch, packs a dinner and runs off to work. Now that we bought the pathfinder, he can nap a bit a longer or do some chores around the house, then drive to work. It's a B**ch on the (L) life, but you just have to remind yourself it won't be that way forever and try to stay awake once he gets home after midnight. :lol::lol:

Squito's working some crazy hours. Most nights he doesn't get home until around 10. I try not to complain as he'd been so bored for the last 8 months. I try to focus on my photography and working out in my alone time so the loneliness isn't too bad. But you're right, it is a killer on the (L) life.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Woogie and Darlene- when you guys got the approval did you notice that the VALID FROM DATE began before the APPROVAL date?

My approval date was 8/1/06 and so was my approval notice valid from 8/1/06. What was your dates?

HI Guys :help:

I have been living in hell. I made the biggest mistake of my life, i have created my own hell. For those who remember me, I need your help, please. I'm so stressed out and don't know what else to do. Craig's been here for 8months now and i have tried to make it work, he has changed too much, this is not the man I married. I asked him to do one thing (ask for a temp work stamp) he came here telling me he forgot. I stopped going to school to support him. He is lazy and the most important think to him is music video. :crying: If I past out in the room he wouldn't even notice. I don't want to be mean and send him back but I'm very sick and I cant do this any more. I'm very unhappy and I suffer from Bi-polar dissorder that makes me upset all the time. What can I do. I need some input. Thanks

P.S. Tell me if this is a man that cares: He came in one day crying on the floor walk over me pick his clothes up and left with his friends for the park. He never even called to see if I was ok. I know Jamaican men are laid back but please be honest.

Tawana,

I hope that you can get some counseling to help make the decisions you need to make. Pray about and ask God to help you through this. I feel for you and wish you the best. You are not alone and not the only one to go through this. We are all here to support you regardless.

(L)(L)(L)

Hi everyone

Hey Anna,

How are you? I am just starting my day. I will start job hunting on the computer in a few. Hope you have a lovely day.

Happy Monday Everyone :thumbs:

Is the baby waiting for Labor Day?

You are so funny :lol::lol:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Julie - how are feeling today?

I'm feeling OK, we went swimming today and I ate my curry - I hope it starts something :lol:

Julie - start charging Elias some rent for his "overstay" LOL LOL

:lol: I need to. He's being evicted on Monday :dance:

KIM - Have a wonderful day tomorrow (F)(L)

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dear Sir or Madam,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC has completed its processing of the visa petition you mentioned in your letter and has forwarded the petition to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General for further processing on August 14, 2006. Please allow 10-15 business days for the Embassy/Consulate General to receive the petition.

THEY SENT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

kim have a great day tomorow!!!! :luv:

just checked dhl sorry i am just a likkle exctied but KINGSTON HAS IT :dance::dance: at least i think it is mine..it was the only one sent to Jamaica on the 14th which is what nvc said...sooo YIPPIE!!!!

michelle GREAT NEWS about you dr. appointment!!!!!

Edited by nannygirl82

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone. I hope you are all doing well I just got back. I will catch up tomorrow on all the post. No more red stripe for me that is until Dec 21st :D:angry::D . I need to file the 130 form tomorrow and start my visa journey finally. I will put a yahoo page of all my photos up later. Take care and all the best. Goodnight....

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Thanks for all your well wishes, I will pass them on to him. He is working second shift, so hopefully he can still go to his GED classes in the morning. Hours are 3 to 11:30 so I have to pick him up in a few hours. Cant wait to hear how it went! :lol:

Henry has that same shift. He goes to GED class in the morning, then comes home takes 1 hour power nap, eats lunch, packs a dinner and runs off to work. Now that we bought the pathfinder, he can nap a bit a longer or do some chores around the house, then drive to work. It's a B**ch on the (L) life, but you just have to remind yourself it won't be that way forever and try to stay awake once he gets home after midnight. :lol::lol:

Squito's working some crazy hours. Most nights he doesn't get home until around 10. I try not to complain as he'd been so bored for the last 8 months. I try to focus on my photography and working out in my alone time so the loneliness isn't too bad. But you're right, it is a killer on the (L) life.

Well, I dont know how hard it is on our love life really, as I am such a night owl, I am usually up til about 2 am anyhow. Anyhow, I am still picking him up and taking him places, since all we have is the one car (Mom's) and she is being funky about him driving by himself. Sigh...

I dont mind so much, as I really hate to be without a vehicle while he is at work, in case of an emergency, but sometimes its just such a pain, and he isnt getting the practice in he needs to drive in the city. I cant wait til we have some $ to buy another vehicle so he can use one.

Okay all, I need your advice. Lake and I have been talking, he is planning on going home to Guyana for Christmas for a least a month. Would you tell your employer right away and say you already had this planned before they hired you (which he did)....OR...would you prove your a good worker first and then say something? OR...just tell them in December an emergency came up...or something like that? I am afraid they will tell him hit the road, but both our inclination is still to mention it right up front. He plans to tell his boss on Monday, since the guy is on vacation this week. What do you all think?

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.