Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow, that is so crazy! What are the chances of someone else w/ the same name AND the same parents names? Is there any chance that his parents filed for a visa for him when he was really young? Try to be patient and hang in there. Like someone else mentioned, at least he's here with you now so you can wait together instead of being 2000 miles away :yes:

Five years before birth :no: besides...He said "Granny", who rasied him, not his parents. was too busing looking bout food :D

What are the odds of another mother, father and child names being exact as your husband and his parents, but visa applied for five years previously? I can't see how Kingston would make such a mistake (:lol: at the irony of that comment) but you never know.

When I returned from JA a few years ago and went thru immigration, the officer had the nerve to hold be back and tell me that I wasn't who I said I was (I was using birth certificate and ID as identification)...turns out he typed in all the wrong information in the computer :wacko: he tried to tell me that the age I gave him was wrong (he was questioning me and checking answers against computer info), and that I was born in a different state. I corrected him, and this went on for a while. FINALLY the idiot admitted his mistake :bonk:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Try to be patient and hang in there. Like someone else mentioned, at least he's here with you now so you can wait together instead of being 2000 miles away :yes:

True, but alls I can think about is them sending him back :crying::blush:

GOOD night all (F)

What are the odds of another mother, father and child names being exact as your husband and his parents, but visa applied for five years previously? I can't see how Kingston would make such a mistake (:lol: at the irony of that comment) but you never know.

Part of the reason I'm thinking that maybe the excuse he game me is bogus. Maybe it's something else, That he did not want to disclose at the time. I thought that was one of the first things they check for. I'm sure they would have caught it at the Embassy :( .

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Part of the reason I'm thinking that maybe the excuse he game me is bogus. Maybe it's something else, That he did not want to disclose at the time. I thought that was one of the first things they check for. I'm sure they would have caught it at the Embassy :( .

If the other visa was indeed issued BEFORE he was even born, I don't see why it would even be an issue at all? :wacko: And if that is the case, that's why the Embassy didn't make a big issue of it.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mango Mindy...what 3 letters does your reciept number start with? That will determine what service center it is at. Also what is the JA scene like around Portland? Anything exciting? And not to be nosey or anything but what is your connection to JA? How did you meet your fiance?

Thanks to everyone for a warm welcome! :star:

Jamie

Nice to see a fellow Pacific Northwester ... HELLO... To answer your quesitons

1. Receipt starts with WAC Where is that??

2. Not sure how much or how little info you guys like on "how we met" stories??

I was staying at the Gloustershire hotel in Mobay with my best friend, she was out on the balcony making conversation with passerbys while I was in the room taking a nap. Along walked Gregory and started chatting with my friend, they made plans to meet later in the hotel lobby with the understanding that her "friend that was sleeping" would be joining them. When I woke up from my nap, less than 2 hrs, my friend had somehow manged to make friends with several people while standing out on the balcony.. LOL

I was like.. uh.... what?? we're meeting WHO, WHERE, WHY ?!?!?! I wasn't all that thrilled but agreed to go along so we went down to the lobby at the appointed time and there he was... Gregory. We walked to The Brewery to get a bite to eat and a drink. By the time we had finished eating, drinking we were together.

soooo... that's the basic "how we met" story... so here we are almost 1.5 years later ... and of course many ups and downs during that time.

Since I am new to the board and at the risk of making everyone repeat themselves I would LOVE to hear how everyone met their SO... please share with me. I need some good reading, it's to hot to sleep!!

Also.. here's a question...... I'm guessing some of these matches are interracial, as mine is, so I would love to hear how your family reacted.. if they reacted and if so how. .... good / bad / indifferent.. etc.... anyone still dealing with the repurcussions of your choice?

Mango (Mindy II )

3/30/05 Met in Montego Bay

10/23/05 Returned to Jamaica for 8 days

5/06 - 6/06 1 month in Jamaica

7/5/06 Priority Mailed I-129F to NSC

7/7/06 e/mail confirmation from usps packet delivered

7/14/06 Check Cashed

7/17/06 Rec NOA 1

7/25/06 Touched

Jamaica got into my heart,it whispered to my mind,my mind told mi body, and we all said ahhhhh.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mango Mindy...what 3 letters does your reciept number start with? That will determine what service center it is at. Also what is the JA scene like around Portland? Anything exciting? And not to be nosey or anything but what is your connection to JA? How did you meet your fiance?

Thanks to everyone for a warm welcome! :star:

Jamie

Nice to see a fellow Pacific Northwester ... HELLO... To answer your quesitons

1. Receipt starts with WAC Where is that??

2. Not sure how much or how little info you guys like on "how we met" stories??

I was staying at the Gloustershire hotel in Mobay with my best friend, she was out on the balcony making conversation with passerbys while I was in the room taking a nap. Along walked Gregory and started chatting with my friend, they made plans to meet later in the hotel lobby with the understanding that her "friend that was sleeping" would be joining them. When I woke up from my nap, less than 2 hrs, my friend had somehow manged to make friends with several people while standing out on the balcony.. LOL

I was like.. uh.... what?? we're meeting WHO, WHERE, WHY ?!?!?! I wasn't all that thrilled but agreed to go along so we went down to the lobby at the appointed time and there he was... Gregory. We walked to The Brewery to get a bite to eat and a drink. By the time we had finished eating, drinking we were together.

soooo... that's the basic "how we met" story... so here we are almost 1.5 years later ... and of course many ups and downs during that time.

Since I am new to the board and at the risk of making everyone repeat themselves I would LOVE to hear how everyone met their SO... please share with me. I need some good reading, it's to hot to sleep!!

Also.. here's a question...... I'm guessing some of these matches are interracial, as mine is, so I would love to hear how your family reacted.. if they reacted and if so how. .... good / bad / indifferent.. etc.... anyone still dealing with the repurcussions of your choice?

Mango (Mindy II )

my family is "dealing" with it...my sister is actaully the best out of my whole family...my parents really don't want me to do this...they feel i am making a HUGE mistake ect....it has taken my mom a little over 2 years to aknowledge that i am in a relationship...as far as ever meeting mike she says she is not sure when she will ever be able to meet him...which makes me very sad and is hard for me to understand...but for whatever reason it is hard for her...as for my dad he just wants the best for me and doesn't want to see me get hurt...how about your family???

Timeline

Mango (Mindy II )

my family is "dealing" with it...my sister is actaully the best out of my whole family...my parents really don't want me to do this...they feel i am making a HUGE mistake ect....it has taken my mom a little over 2 years to aknowledge that i am in a relationship...as far as ever meeting mike she says she is not sure when she will ever be able to meet him...which makes me very sad and is hard for me to understand...but for whatever reason it is hard for her...as for my dad he just wants the best for me and doesn't want to see me get hurt...how about your family???

Well my family isn't dealing with it because they don't know.. :whistle: While I was in JA for a month I invited my mom to visit and she came for 12 days... On the way to JA I told her "you know I met someone right" she replied... "OH"... Gregory picked us up at the airport and stayed at the house with us in the same bedroom as me so I'm sure she got the picture. I know that challenging does not begin to describe what it will be like when we marry. The think is I'm a grown woman, 37 almost 38, and I shouldn't care what my family thinks .. to a certain degree I don't.. BUT they are my family and Ihave respect for my parents, grandparents etc... that I do care what they think... sooo......

I am very sad for your mom that after 2 years she still doesn't even want to mee the man you are going to share your life with. Difficult. ARe you originally from Philly? I use to Nanny in Boston, MA & Ohio many many moons ago... LOL

3/30/05 Met in Montego Bay

10/23/05 Returned to Jamaica for 8 days

5/06 - 6/06 1 month in Jamaica

7/5/06 Priority Mailed I-129F to NSC

7/7/06 e/mail confirmation from usps packet delivered

7/14/06 Check Cashed

7/17/06 Rec NOA 1

7/25/06 Touched

Jamaica got into my heart,it whispered to my mind,my mind told mi body, and we all said ahhhhh.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mango (Mindy II )

Well my family isn't dealing with it because they don't know.. :whistle: While I was in JA for a month I invited my mom to visit and she came for 12 days... On the way to JA I told her "you know I met someone right" she replied... "OH"... Gregory picked us up at the airport and stayed at the house with us in the same bedroom as me so I'm sure she got the picture. I know that challenging does not begin to describe what it will be like when we marry. The think is I'm a grown woman, 37 almost 38, and I shouldn't care what my family thinks .. to a certain degree I don't.. BUT they are my family and Ihave respect for my parents, grandparents etc... that I do care what they think... sooo......

I am very sad for your mom that after 2 years she still doesn't even want to mee the man you are going to share your life with. Difficult. ARe you originally from Philly? I use to Nanny in Boston, MA & Ohio many many moons ago... LOL

yup it is hard...but i guess we will cross that bridge when mike gets here....

well actually i grew up in a little town in PA...Lebanon...no not the country...i get that a lot :lol: but it like 15 mins outside of Hershey, Pa...but i moved to the Philly area about 6 years ago for a nanny job and for some reason just fell in love with the area....with my new nanny job i live closer to Wilmington Deleware....but it is about 40 mins outside philly limits.. :lol::lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mango (Mindy II )

My family is fine with it. I have been in many interacial relationships. I have known my honey for 8 years and 8 months when we get married so it has a been long courted relationship. They aren't excited to go to Jamaica for the wedding because it is hot :lol: . But they are all supporting my mom and dad, brothers, aunt and uncles and many friends. Did I have all this support in the first years heck no. They thought Dwain may be using me to get to the USA. But we know this is not true since it took him years to get his a## is gear. My professor was worried and my parents cause she has seen many JA men use USA women to get here. She has seen many unfaithful ones since teaching there since 1977. She know gives us her blessing since we are older. We have a writen agrement about fiances when he gets here just if anything happens. I have all my ends cover. I have never had interacial expercine always have dated many different people of different races.

Mindy 2 if you want to see who people are and how we meet if u have time read the old Yardie 2 it is at the start of that one. If you want some good reading. :D

Hey Everyone Thanks for all the well wishes (F)

Here's how it went: We got there at around 9am our appointment wasn't unitl 1pm so we sat, and we sat and at 1pm they called aur name :hehe: It was pretty srtaight foward. They asked us all the question on the application, only under oath. It lasted all of 15-20 min or so. He asked if we were ready to be married for the rest of our life, If I was sure of what I was doing, reminding me that I am responsible for him for ten years, even if we divorce, He can come back and sew me for support. Why he felt compelled do so I don't know. He aksed D if he worked, had ever been to the US twice. When did we meet and where. I thought to my self damn didn't you hear him the first time :blink: Followed by a are you sure you have never filed a petition to come to the US before.(Heres where I start to worry) He asked for proof of relationship and I gave him what I had. He said that what I submitted should be plenty then the big BUT!!!!He goes on to say that there is an A-number in D's name from way back in the 1970's. :o:crying: We were like he wasn't born until 1975 :blink: Then he says well, Who ever filed this petition. Filed it for a person with his same name, same mother and fathers name ect. :o D swears that the only petetion he's ever filed was for a vistors visa 10 years ago. He was Denied, cause he did not have strong enough ties to the counry. Then he ask if he has any brothers or sisters over here and he replied no. My big question is why has this just come up now. Kingston dosen't just let stuff like that fly by :blink: Anys ways He said that our approval is pending the reviewing of the file...they were expecting to have it before our interview but it had not arrived as of yet, he expects it in two weeks, but we may not hear anything for ninety days. This makes no sense at all!!! I must say I was not expecting this. I don't believe it either, I feel like something else is up. For now we have more waiting :crying:

Wow that is amazing best wishes do not stress out.

Also aksed D what he did in his spare time all day????

Wow that is amazing best wishes do not stress out. all will be fine.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

a little less than 2 days before I leave for my trip. I am just hoping all my family and guest get a long for a week. 3 more days of work and no more work until the end of August :dance::dance::dance: Take care all!!

13 days to go until I see Dwain again :P

Wow your time is coming up fast!! Are you going to JA in 2 days?

Edited to say I think you meant 2 weeks but I don't blame you for being so excited!! :D . Is everything all set Jax?

Try not to worry about your family and guests getting along. It's Jamaica mon; no problem B)

Whoops I meet 13 days!! not 2 days that would be nice lol!! Typo.. :lol: My bridesmaids aren't getting along playing phone tag and they can't even plan my own bacholrette party this Sunday. They are making me host it. We are getting our nails done, eatting some JA food and playing minutre golf. I would love to party it up but I have a 20 year old and a pregant lady coming. One Bridesmaid might yell at the other one Sunday for not returning her messages. I don't wan't a fight I told the girls. :devil: So a week with these ladies maybe drama. Woman ugh...Can't we all get along. Why can't they get along better like our men going!!! I think I am going to hang with the guys :lol::lol:

Michele how is your new place coming along and how is Tristians recovery going?

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Well......we are back!!! Duane and I arrived late last night. We have been out all day visiting family and showing him around.

The interview went EXTREMELY smooth....we were called to Window 11 and a really sweet young girl interviewed us. She asked a few questions and then told us that everything looked great so we were approved.......YEAH!!!!

We got the Visa from Airpak 3 days later. Our POE was Miami.....things went really smooth in Miami. We only stayed in the immigration office about 10 minutes.

Duane keeps saying how different things are...........overall......things are just GREAT!!!!! Thanks to all of you for your support.......

We will be getting married August 17th!!! I will write more in a little bit........Duane and I are off to the movies..

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Timeline

Good morning.

I am so glad it's Friday.

Shauna and Jax- I am still in the process of moving; I have too much STUFF!!! :blush: The large items are in the new place but I still have to empty out 2 rooms. I'm hoping to have it done by this weekend so I can have it cleaned and the keys turned in the by end of the month. After that I have to unpack all those boxes. I don't know where all the stuff is going, as my garage; which should be 'housing' my car is holding all this stuff. :hehe:

Tristan is doing ok; most of the pain has subsided and he seems to like the new area he's staying in. He's just hoping he can find a job soon :yes: .

Kim-glad to hear that everything is going well.

Have a great day.

Michele

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Filed: Timeline
Hey guys,

Well I am really stressing right now...Adrian is giving me a hard time and I wanted you guys prospective on the whole thing....1st I really do feel bad for everything I have done to him and he thinks that I did it on purpose...but he has been talking to a lawyer at a church that he has been going to and the lawyer was telling him he would handle his case for free if he wanted to take me to court...the lawyer said he heard of a case where the woman was arrested because she brought the man to the US and then didnt marry him??? then another case he told me that a woman was issued by the court to pay the male immigrant $50,000??? have any of you heard anything like that???

I called the USCIS yesterday and they said that as far as they are concerned that if he stays here after the 90 days then I am not responsible for him and he becomes illegal, they also told me to write to the Jamaica embassy and tell them the situation....I sent them and e-mail last night and wrote a letter that I will fedex to the embassy tomorrow......I am really stressing...I know what I did to him was very wrong being that he quit his job to come and be here with me, but as I see it we all take chances in life....he is also asking me to just go ahead and marry him so he can stay here and wont have to go back to JA and that we wont have to live together....I told him absolutly not that that would be fruad and he comes back with how does he know that this whole thing was not a fraud...I cannot believe that he could even prove that it was fraud...I had the wedding all planned, dress bought, rings I bought, invitations sent out and lost $3,000 on the ceremony and reception site.....

Sorry I am just venting here and would like to hear all options good or bad.

Thank you gals are a great bunch and I miss you.

Joanna

Joanna,

My ex-husband works for a Lawyer as an intern at his college. I will ask him to ask today about this situation. While I do not believe he can prove fraud, he may be able to prove hardship, going back to Jamiaca with no job, and may be able to sue for monies to support himself until he finds a job or is hired back by the cruise line. If he is indeed telling the truth, the lawyer MUST think it is worth his time to represent him for free or he wouldn't have offered. Apparenthy, the lawyer thinks there's some money for him to gain here. I will definitely check and get back later....

Married on B2 Visa Nov. 25, 2005

AOS Mailed 5-16-2006

I-485

I-130

I-765

5-17-2006 Received at Chicago Lockbox and signed for

by S. Sandoval

6-1-2006 all cases "touched"

6-5-2006 Received Biometrics appt. for June 14, 2006 2:00 pm Charlotte NC

6-9-06 I-130 and I-765 "touched"

6-17-06 I-485 and I-765 "touched"

7-13-06 Received Interview letter for August 23 in Charlotte.

7-26-2006 Employment authorization "touched"

8-3-2006 Received EAD

Aug. 24 Interviewer gave RFE for brith certificates and criminal record check, Gwinnett Cty. GA

Oct. 24 Sent in all info for RFE

Nov. 9 Welcome letter notice received via email

Nov. 18 greencard received

Timeline
Well......we are back!!! Duane and I arrived late last night. We have been out all day visiting family and showing him around.

The interview went EXTREMELY smooth....we were called to Window 11 and a really sweet young girl interviewed us. She asked a few questions and then told us that everything looked great so we were approved.......YEAH!!!!

We got the Visa from Airpak 3 days later. Our POE was Miami.....things went really smooth in Miami. We only stayed in the immigration office about 10 minutes.

Duane keeps saying how different things are...........overall......things are just GREAT!!!!! Thanks to all of you for your support.......

We will be getting married August 17th!!! I will write more in a little bit........Duane and I are off to the movies..

Congrats. Wellcome back, so happy that things went smoothly f or the interview. Hope you enjoyed Jamaica,sorry you had the Power outage last Saturday. I have a few quetions which I will ask later. Congrats on your wedding date.

Sharon

Happy Friday!! :dance: :dance:

He goes on to say that there is an A-number in D's name from way back in the 1970's. :o:crying: We were like he wasn't born until 1975 :blink: Then he says well, Who ever filed this petition. Filed it for a person with his same name, same mother and fathers name ect. :o D swears that the only petetion he's ever filed was for a vistors visa 10 years ago.

HUH???? Okay, just a bump in the road. Keep your spirits up!! I can't imagine it would get this far in the process before someone found this out.....

Well......we are back!!! Duane and I arrived late last night.

Welcome Duane!! :energetic:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

Welcome back Kim and Duane!! Sounds like you had a smooth interview. Question do they interview you both or only Duane. Did they take Duane to a room alone? Or you could interview both togther? How was the movie what did u see? Best wishes on your wedding on August 17th!!!

Good morning.

I am so glad it's Friday.

Shauna and Jax- I am still in the process of moving; I have too much STUFF!!! :blush: The large items are in the new place but I still have to empty out 2 rooms. I'm hoping to have it done by this weekend so I can have it cleaned and the keys turned in the by end of the month. After that I have to unpack all those boxes. I don't know where all the stuff is going, as my garage; which should be 'housing' my car is holding all this stuff. :hehe:

Tristan is doing ok; most of the pain has subsided and he seems to like the new area he's staying in. He's just hoping he can find a job soon :yes: .

Kim-glad to hear that everything is going well.

Have a great day.

Michele

That is great the Tristian is doing better and found a better place to live. I will pray that he finds a job soon.

Michele sounds like your moving along with the unpacking. I have to laugh :lol: because my garage also has been holding my over flow of stuff since I moved here last June. I down sized and have way to many things but I need them for teaching and celebrating the seasons. I think Dwain once he will get here say I have a lot of stuff. So I know what your going through and half of my stuff is stored in my grannies basement. Best wishes finishing this weekend.

Everyone enjoy their Friday!! TGIF :dance::P:dance:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.