Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Medical question. Husband just received his appointment letter. Does he need to go to a local doctor to get blood work done and other various shots? Or do they do everything at the Hospital? He will be going to the MoBay Hospital. Should he show up early when he gets his day? And how early should he show up? :help:

Thank you :)

BEST WISHES AND SAFE TRAVELS TO RICARDO, EBONY SEAN, AND LOVINJA :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Ditto :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Joneise,

Where is your land in JA? That is awesome that you guys want to move there someday. We were talking about it the other night on saving up to buy a house or town home there with in the next 10 years. Does anyone else want to move to JA in the future. Dwain got so mad at the appointment letter he said if he has to do anything else I am moving down there. Il have done most of the work so I told him to do his share. We would love to have a house to

live in for the summer months down there. Wish it could be winter but being a teacher that won't work. I would like to retire early and move. My past professor said I could be the Head Music teacher at Sam Sharpe teachers college when my friends Sharon retires in the next 15 years. A lot can change in that amount of time. To day dream and wonder.

Just got a call from my fiance. The embassy called him with an appointment to bring in the DS230. :dance:

Congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Good morning ladies. I'm at work again as usual :ranting: I've been looking and looking for a new job, but the Michigan economy sucks right now. This job - working nights & weekends - is really putting a strain on my marriage :(

Good luck with the upcoming interviews! Keep up the good news :thumbs:

Rhonda would you ever consider relocating for a better job? Check out this book from your public library Forty Days to the Work You Love by Dave Miller. This book is great for people who feel trapped by a job they don't want to be working for the rest of their lives. Anyone who wants a good read check it out.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Medical question. Husband just received his appointment letter. Does he need to go to a local doctor to get blood work done and other various shots? Or do they do everything at the Hospital? He will be going to the MoBay Hospital. Should he show up early when he gets his day? And how early should he show up? :help:

BEST WISHES AND SAFE TRAVELS TO RICARDO, EBONY SEAN, AND LOVINJA :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

They do everything at the hospital. My honey had his medical done at Mo Bay, his appt. was for 8:15, he got there at about 7:00. He was the first one there and the whole process took all day.... He didn't leave there until 5:00

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
I am so HYPE right now! I just booked my flight to Jamaica to see my baby...April 22!! This will be my son's first time going and we will be there to celebrate his 10th birthday. My fiance is already busy planning the bashment. The best birthday a kid could ask for. Just wanted to share my good vibes with you all!

Congrats :thumbs: It sounds like fun. Don't forget the Jamaican tradition of Flouring your love one on his birthday. It's the funniest thing I have seen. We did it to my husband last year :lol: . I don't know if a ten year old would enjoy that but how exciting for him he must be telling all his friends of his upcoming trip. :luv: You two have fun!

They do everything at the hospital. My honey had his medical done at Mo Bay, his appt. was for 8:15, he got there at about 7:00. He was the first one there and the whole process took all day.... He didn't leave there until 5:00

Oh no I am worried about that Dwain said he isn't staying the whole day and he will give them a piece of his mind. UGH thanks for the warning sonshyne I am not telling him that because he won't listen to me and then he will argue over nuttin.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
I have my trip all planed out. Now its the count down. Wish I could go this week for spring break. Its suppose to rain the whole week here :angry:

What are you plans? When do you leave?

Mindy I am leaving May 2nd in the morning we will go to Dwain's house after I arrive and go through the check list of what we need then we will board Air JA in the evening for Kingston we will stay at christar villas hotel. Then we will get ready for our interview at noon sounds like we don't have to get there real early. Hopefully we will celebrate and fly back to MoBay on the 4th in the afternoon. Giving me 2 days to get some of his belongs packed and home. He really wants to ATV riding before he leaves in OCHO but I don't think that is going to happen. Another time when we come back to visit.

Mindy how was your weekend?

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
I am so HYPE right now! I just booked my flight to Jamaica to see my baby...April 22!! This will be my son's first time going and we will be there to celebrate his 10th birthday. My fiance is already busy planning the bashment. The best birthday a kid could ask for. Just wanted to share my good vibes with you all!

Congrats :thumbs: It sounds like fun. Don't forget the Jamaican tradition of Flouring your love one on his birthday. It's the funniest thing I have seen. We did it to my husband last year :lol: . I don't know if a ten year old would enjoy that but how exciting for him he must be telling all his friends of his upcoming trip. :luv: You two have fun!

Oh no I am worried about that Dwain said he isn't staying the whole day and he will give them a piece of his mind. UGH thanks for the warning sonshyne I am not telling him that because he won't listen to me and then he will argue over nuttin.

When I called to make the appt. the lady said to be prepared to stay for several hours... But 9 hrs??? :o That's a work shift not a medical appt :blink::wacko:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Ricardo I see your reading... Are you all packed and ready to go??

((((((HUGS)))))) and prayers are traveling with you :thumbs:

Safe travels to all the Yardies heading out for their interviews :dance:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Ricardo I see your reading... Are you all packed and ready to go??

((((((HUGS)))))) and prayers are traveling with you :thumbs:

Safe travels to all the Yardies heading out for their interviews :dance:

Ricardo the third time is the charm :)! Are u heading down there again. All the best my prayers go out to you guys.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

When I called to make the appt. the lady said to be prepared to stay for several hours... But 9 hrs??? :o That's a work shift not a medical appt :blink::wacko:

You made the apportionment for him? My hubby is calling Monday to make the apportionment. Hopefully he will get a real early time and be lucky his temper could get ugly.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I wasn't going to mess around with the, " I'll do it lata, Nuh worries everyting will be cris" :no::no: I just did it myself so I would know for sure that everyting WAS CRIS :yes::lol:;)

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

I am home all week so I am preparing my binder for the CR1 interview. For the few CR1 people out there could you please look at my list I think I got it down. I just don't understand the 335 dollars and how that is done. :help: Thanks JAX

1. Passport for spouse

2. Original Birth Certificate long form Spouse

3. Original Birth Certificate petitioner

4. Original certified copy of marriage certificate

5. Police certificate

6. I-864 Affidavit of Support Form

7. Past 3 years of taxes with W2's (I don't have my 2006 returns yet)

8. Medical examination form

9. 4 passport photos of Spouse

10. 2 passport photos of me????

11. Phone Bills

12. Holiday Cards

13. Wedding Photos (should I bring all 300 photos ???)

14. Past relationship photos (hoe many I have 100's is 15 ok?)

15. letter from employer

16. 3 past bank statements

17. 3 pay stubs

18. Copy the pages of my passport

19. College transcript with the class I took Teaching Experiences in Jamaica

20. 100 pay to pay master for the visa

21. $335 to pay it has to be exact. Do we need to go to paymaster for this.

22. DS230 Part 1 and 2

23. Copy of I-130

24. Copy of the I-129

25. Copy of all receipt letters from NVC

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

OUR CHECKS WERE CASHED YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

Did you ever think you would be this happy to know a check was cashed? Congrats!!!

I have my trip all planed out. Now its the count down. Wish I could go this week for spring break. Its suppose to rain the whole week here :angry:

What are you plans? When do you leave?

Mindy how was your weekend?

Nice and quite -- I do miss him but I am actually enjoying my time alone.....

<<I believe>> the problem with the medical taking so long is that they do a bunch of people together.....first you all get your eyes checked, then you all get your blood work done....etc. They don't treat it like a "one on one" appointment. At least, that's how I understood it from what Roy told me. He went to MoBay also.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
I wasn't going to mess around with the, " I'll do it lata, Nuh worries everything will be cris" :no::no: I just did it myself so I would know for sure that everything WAS CRIS :yes::lol:;)

:lol: Your a smart lady :lol:

The police record was killing me he got it done though.

I will trust him on this one. Crossing my fingers hoping not to die ahaha

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

What are you plans? When do you leave?[Mindy how was your weekend?

Nice and quite -- I do miss him but I am actually enjoying my time alone.....

<<I believe>> the problem with the medical taking so long is that they do a bunch of people together.....first you all get your eyes checked, then you all get your blood work done....etc. They don't treat it like a "one on one" appointment. At least, that's how I understood it from what Roy told me. He went to MoBay also.

Nice and quiet is good. Right now I want Dwain here but the time he gets here I know sometime I will want some quiet time. Enjoy your peaceful weekend. Thanks for the help about the medical he should be okay then. At least he doesn't have to go to Kingston for this. He threatened me if he had to go to Kingston for the medical I was moving to MoBay. I said yeah right over my dead body are you going to support both of us :lol: a musician doing that it was the end of the conversation.

I wish the weather was better around the Chicago land area. Its nice and warm but been raining on and off all day and the fog.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.