Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome back Jill!!!! Glad to hear you had a good trip and you guys are feeling better. Wow civilization and work from the country there is a long whiles away. Compared to here oh my.

Yes I hate it when people take credit for my work. That happened to me at my first teaching job. I wrote a speech for our fine arts program. The PE teacher who had been there forever took my paper and read the opening speech. My mentor teacher couldn't believe it. So I totally understand. Time to get back to work.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

HI EVERYONE I JUS RECIEVED MY VISA TODAY :dance::dance::dance: . CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS "UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR" ANY HELP APPRECIATED. THAT IS WHAT IT SAYS IN MY PASSPORT.

Edited by lovelyjodie

Met at a wedding Jan 22 2000

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

interview march 6 2007 approved

waiting for airpack to deliver my visa

MARCH 9 RECEIVE VISA IN HAND

US entry March 17 2007

received ssn card on March 24

Remove conditions Mar 16 2009

received email stating i was approved July13 2009

recieved notice in mail and 10 year green card July20 2009

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

Timeline
HI EVERYONE I JUS RECIEVED MY VISA TODAY :dance::dance::dance: . CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS "UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR" ANY HELP APPRECIATED. THAT IS WHAT IT SAYS IN MY PASSPORT.

Congrats :dance::dance:

WELCOME TO THE US :thumbs::thumbs:

I don't know what that means.... But I'm sure someone here will let you know :yes:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Congrats :dance::dance:

WELCOME TO THE US :thumbs::thumbs:

I don't know what that means.... But I'm sure someone here will let you know :yes:

THANK U SONSHYNE

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

US entry March 17 2007

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

That was a quick turnaround in getting your visa! Did you go pick it up?

Not sure what that means in your passport... one of the veterans may know.

I know your are so excited!!! I am happy for you!

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Timeline

KEISHINO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DISAPPOINTMENT.WISHING ALL THE BEST FOR NEXT TIME

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

US entry March 17 2007

Timeline

NO I DIDN'T PICK IT UP IT WAS DELIVERED. U R NOT ALLOWED TO PICK IT UP,WHEN U R APPROVED U GO ACROSS FROM THE EMBASSY TO PAY TO HAVE IT DELIVERED.THE COST WAS $525 JAMAICAN DOLLARS.

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

US entry March 17 2007

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
also, we took a bus from ochi to kingston...kind of a long journey and SERIOUSLY packed like sardines inside the bus, but the $500 jamaican it cost us to get there was awesome... :) i personally don't mind the bus, but its definitely not for some people... :)

will write more soon...again, thanks for all the prayers and vibes, and if anyone with upcoming interviews has any questions, i'll totally try to help answer them...

Just a little set back. You'll be approved in no time.

My best memories of JA is when we rode the bus from Mo Bay to Kingston....it was a culture shock for me. I agree, not for everyone.

Rhonda- Glad to hear Tony wasn't hurt.

Lovelyjodie - Congrats on your visa. I think the message means the visa is good for one year until you fill for the adjustment of status. Anna probably knows the answer...I'm just guessing.

Timeline

NO I DIDN'T PICK IT UP IT WAS DELIVERED. U R NOT ALLOWED TO PICK IT UP,WHEN U R APPROVED U GO ACROSS FROM THE EMBASSY TO PAY TO HAVE IT DELIVERED.THE COST WAS $525 JAMAICAN DOLLARS.

Wow, I am just shocked that you got it so quickly :thumbs: Do you live near Kingston? I am asking because my fiance lives in Hanover, which is quite a ways from Kingston.... It would be great if we get the visa delivered so quickly!!

Congrats again!!! When will you arrive in the states?

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Timeline

Wow, I am just shocked that you got it so quickly :thumbs: Do you live near Kingston? I am asking because my fiance lives in Hanover, which is quite a ways from Kingston.... It would be great if we get the visa delivered so quickly!!

I LIVE IN HARBOUR VIEW NEAR THE AIPORT IN KINGSTON.I ARRIVE ON FRIDAY. THANK U

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

US entry March 17 2007

Timeline

You can also have them deliver it to another airpak location in the island. They will call u to pick it up. This works best for individuals who live in the rual areas, where some addresses are difficult to locate :)

Timeline

My Fiancee lives in Hanover too!!

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

My Fiancee lives in Hanover too!!

Small world!! Will you be driving into Kingston the morning of the interview, or will you be staying in a hotel overnight in Kingston?

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Timeline
hello everyone,

sorry it took so long to get on here, just got back last night...congratulations jodie! so happy for you guys...

we didn't get through so smoothly...there are some changes in the affidavit of support stuff if you have a co-sponsor, and as soon as i can wrap my brain around the disappointment and details of how things went down, i'll write it all out...for now, we got a blue paper saying that we have to bring in a different form...otherwise i think everything is okay...right now i'm just sad and unfocused... :) thanks so much for all the prayers and vibes from everyone...

while i'm thinking about it, wanted to just say that we went to kingston on monday before the interview and stayed at a great place called christar villas just down the road from the embassy...we paid $6950 jamaican for the night and absolutely LOVED the place and the people there...the room was simple but very nice, there is a restaurant and a pool and the vibes are just REALLY nice...the phone number for them is 978-8066/71 or 978-3933...email address:donnastennett@christarvillashotel.com or info@christarvillashotel.com...highly recommend the place...from there we walked about 10 minutes up to the embassy...

also, we took a bus from ochi to kingston...kind of a long journey and SERIOUSLY packed like sardines inside the bus, but the $500 jamaican it cost us to get there was awesome... :) i personally don't mind the bus, but its definitely not for some people... :)

will write more soon...again, thanks for all the prayers and vibes, and if anyone with upcoming interviews has any questions, i'll totally try to help answer them...

Sorry to hear about the set back. Hang in there!!

Congrats :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Have a nice weekend everyone!!! :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.