Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We should make tons of pages for Rhonda to read tonight. Hmm what else. How are you Rhonda anything new??? Alright I need to get off VJ I am becoming addicted not good. :hehe:

You guys are so funny! I'm sitting here at work at 4am being entertained by all your posts/messages :dancing: Yes, there is something new on my end. Tony had a near-death experience today :o As he was exiting the freeway, he was driving down the off ramp toward a traffic light. He had his foot on the brake when all of a sudden the brake pedal went all the way to the floor and the car was no longer stopping! He flew out into the intersection and almost got plowed into by a semi :o:crying: He turned really sharp and luckily the road inclines a bit there so he eventually rolled to a stop. Thank God he didn't hit anyone or anything. He was so shook up though. He realized that his brake line had broken/rusted out/came apart - there was brake fluid leaking out everywhere. He drove home (about 3 miles from there) very, very slowly. I was so freaked out when he told me about. I couldn't stop hugging him and kissing him :crying:

WOW.....that is really scary....i am glad he is ok!!!!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back Jill -- we've missed you!!

That the company failed to inform consumers sufficently about the rates and charges for its prepaid and recharable calling cards, and thearby violated various state consumer protection acts and other laws

I didn't get anything.....but now I don't feel so bad for REAMING the guy on the phone 'cause nobody told us the rate went up....It won't make us rich --- but it will make a bunch of lawyers some good money

I finally got all my paperwork completed :dance: What a relief now I can relax a little.

Congratulations!!!! :jest:

I'm bored.......Did you guys realize that there are 205 members on VJ who have "ties" to Jamaica? Some of them are pre-me (March, 2005) but A LOT are much more recent. I have never seen them.

Go up to "Embassy Info" -- click on "J" and click the link to "Other members" But ONLY if you are as bored as me today.......where's Rhonda -- oh yeah, sleeping..... :whistle:

Ok, I'm bored too :P There are a LOT of people on there!!! I remember a lot of them, but the last 3 pages or so I've never heard of. Speaking of which, many of the old Yardies have been MIA for some time now: Popcorn, Squitto, Ricardoswife, Mrs. Parker - just to name a few. Where are you ladies????

Oh...okay -- but WHO went right there and checked?????? :wacko: My partner in crime!!!

Mindy where are you know??? Where is Rhonda??? You two chat a lot. :yes: Good company.
:lol: Hey, I only have ONE heart by my name - Mindy has TWO! You do the math! :whistle: I sleep from about 9:30am - 5:00pm since I'm on midnight shift at work. It sucks :bonk:

:whistle: La, La, La :whistle: La, La :whistle:

He had his foot on the brake when all of a sudden the brake pedal went all the way to the floor and the car was no longer stopping! He flew out into the intersection and almost got plowed into by a semi :o:crying: He turned really sharp and luckily the road inclines a bit there so he eventually rolled to a stop

That happened to me once -- not a fun experience. Thank God he is okay!! He told you he should have gotten a better car :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
I will be flying into MoBay and renting a car near the airport. I've rented before from UCAL's Car Rentals & Tours - 876-952-3836. I was very please with the experience. Ask for "Flattop". It is right across the street from the Airport - They will have a car pick you up. The address is 32 Queen's Drive.

Are their prices pretty good? I've rented from Hertz and Thrifty in Montego Bay and paid WAY too much money <_< I'm looking for a cheaper alternative next time.

I would say they are slightly cheaper than Enterprise. The thing I like about them though is that they work with you. When I went to JA in July, Mastercard covered insurance on rentals. When I went back in Sept., they changed their policy and no longer covered insurance. The major rental companies required you reserve $1,200 on your credit card for the insurance. I didn't have that much as an available balance, and thought I was screwed. My fiance met "Flattop" and he took us over to UCAL's, and they allowed me to rent the car without a reserve for insurance. If I got in an accident, I would have been in deep $&!*, but luckily, everyting was irie :thumbs: Because they were so accomodating, I committed to always give them my business and refer people. Nothing like good customer service! :D

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Timeline
We still have one more Yardie who interviewed on Tuesday...... Anyone heard from Keishino?? I hope all went well for her.

TexasBound 3/13/07

Cambutler 3/13/07

Best wishes to you both on Tuesday :thumbs:

TexasBound and Cambutler...... Positive vibes.... Everyting gon be alright. We will be waiting here to celebrate your approvals with you! :dance::dance::dance:

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Timeline
We should make tons of pages for Rhonda to read tonight. Hmm what else. How are you Rhonda anything new??? Alright I need to get off VJ I am becoming addicted not good. :hehe:

You guys are so funny! I'm sitting here at work at 4am being entertained by all your posts/messages :dancing: Yes, there is something new on my end. Tony had a near-death experience today :o As he was exiting the freeway, he was driving down the off ramp toward a traffic light. He had his foot on the brake when all of a sudden the brake pedal went all the way to the floor and the car was no longer stopping! He flew out into the intersection and almost got plowed into by a semi :o:crying: He turned really sharp and luckily the road inclines a bit there so he eventually rolled to a stop. Thank God he didn't hit anyone or anything. He was so shook up though. He realized that his brake line had broken/rusted out/came apart - there was brake fluid leaking out everywhere. He drove home (about 3 miles from there) very, very slowly. I was so freaked out when he told me about. I couldn't stop hugging him and kissing him :crying:

I am glad to hear that everything turned out ok. :o That had to be scary!

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow.. Thank goodness he wasn't hurt that is very scary. :innocent:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Well Dwain made it today 20 minutes out side of Kingston when he noticed he forgot his passport and receipt. He is so frustrated and mad at himself. It is about the money and time part so I am letting him cool off. He is calling me by my first name not my nickname my real name so I know he is so upset. :angry:

When I get another break I will read more and catch up.

Everyone have a good morning :)!

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

It's so hard being here and not being able to "take control" of all those situations. I remember almost losing my mind when Roy was trying to pick up Packet #3 and drop off the DS-230 at the same time......and then "them" messing up his Birth Papers -- Oh my God...I was almost on a plane down there to try to get it all straightened out......

Sorry Jax -- let him cool off and he can try again..... :blush:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello everyone,

sorry it took so long to get on here, just got back last night...congratulations jodie! so happy for you guys...

we didn't get through so smoothly...there are some changes in the affidavit of support stuff if you have a co-sponsor, and as soon as i can wrap my brain around the disappointment and details of how things went down, i'll write it all out...for now, we got a blue paper saying that we have to bring in a different form...otherwise i think everything is okay...right now i'm just sad and unfocused... :) thanks so much for all the prayers and vibes from everyone...

while i'm thinking about it, wanted to just say that we went to kingston on monday before the interview and stayed at a great place called christar villas just down the road from the embassy...we paid $6950 jamaican for the night and absolutely LOVED the place and the people there...the room was simple but very nice, there is a restaurant and a pool and the vibes are just REALLY nice...the phone number for them is 978-8066/71 or 978-3933...email address:donnastennett@christarvillashotel.com or info@christarvillashotel.com...highly recommend the place...from there we walked about 10 minutes up to the embassy...

also, we took a bus from ochi to kingston...kind of a long journey and SERIOUSLY packed like sardines inside the bus, but the $500 jamaican it cost us to get there was awesome... :) i personally don't mind the bus, but its definitely not for some people... :)

will write more soon...again, thanks for all the prayers and vibes, and if anyone with upcoming interviews has any questions, i'll totally try to help answer them...

we got a blue paper saying that we have to bring in a different form...otherwise i think everything is okay...right now i'm just sad and unfocused... :) thanks so much for all the prayers and vibes from everyone...

Well you didn't get rejected -- that is good. Anything we can help with.....just let us know. This will soon pass and you will be together.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline
hello everyone,

sorry it took so long to get on here, just got back last night...congratulations jodie! so happy for you guys...

we didn't get through so smoothly...there are some changes in the affidavit of support stuff if you have a co-sponsor, and as soon as i can wrap my brain around the disappointment and details of how things went down, i'll write it all out...for now, we got a blue paper saying that we have to bring in a different form...otherwise i think everything is okay...right now i'm just sad and unfocused... :) thanks so much for all the prayers and vibes from everyone...

while i'm thinking about it, wanted to just say that we went to kingston on monday before the interview and stayed at a great place called christar villas just down the road from the embassy...we paid $6950 jamaican for the night and absolutely LOVED the place and the people there...the room was simple but very nice, there is a restaurant and a pool and the vibes are just REALLY nice...the phone number for them is 978-8066/71 or 978-3933...email address:donnastennett@christarvillashotel.com or info@christarvillashotel.com...highly recommend the place...from there we walked about 10 minutes up to the embassy...

also, we took a bus from ochi to kingston...kind of a long journey and SERIOUSLY packed like sardines inside the bus, but the $500 jamaican it cost us to get there was awesome... :) i personally don't mind the bus, but its definitely not for some people... :)

will write more soon...again, thanks for all the prayers and vibes, and if anyone with upcoming interviews has any questions, i'll totally try to help answer them...

I am sure that was a dissapointment, but.... it ain't over! Just make the adjustment. It will all work out soon and you will look back on this and laugh. :thumbs:

Please do share the details when you feel up to it. We have folks interviewing on Tues. and the 20th and 27th.... any insight is appreciated :help:

I am certain you and you SO will be together soon! :yes:

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Timeline
Well Dwain made it today 20 minutes out side of Kingston when he noticed he forgot his passport and receipt. He is so frustrated and mad at himself. It is about the money and time part so I am letting him cool off. He is calling me by my first name not my nickname my real name so I know he is so upset. :angry:

Ouch!! That had to piss him off.... Well, the good thing is that he has time and is not under the pressure of a deadline. It's good that you are getting this done early.

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Timeline
we got a blue paper saying that we have to bring in a different form...otherwise i think everything is okay...right now i'm just sad and unfocused... :) thanks so much for all the prayers and vibes from everyone...

Well you didn't get rejected -- that is good. Anything we can help with.....just let us know. This will soon pass and you will be together.

Sorry to hear this.... But glad to know you weren't denied :thumbs: Hang in there.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Ouch!! That had to piss him off.... Well, the good thing is that he has time and is not under the pressure of a deadline. It's good that you are getting this done early.

OMG :o I know he was mad.

Wow.. Thank goodness he wasn't hurt that is very scary. :innocent:

Glad he wasn't hurt.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Michele I would love to teach you the African Drums. Maybe someday we will met. Right now I am crossing my fingers that my 5th grade guitar grant gets approved. Then we will be singing and playing. :whistle:

Take lots of photos, you can host them in Photobucket and avoid paying for extra pictures.

How does that work? I only posted one pic because I didn't want to pay more $$$

You need to sign up for a Photobucket account, then when you go to sell your item it has an option for hosted photos, just click that and enter the URLs for the photos in your Photobucket account.

Belwin, regarding the postage question, if you have kitchen scales, you can weigh the items on there and then check the cost on the USPS website. Otherwise, weigh yourself on your bathroom scales, then weigh yourself holding the item and calculate how much it weighs :):yes:

I will look into Ebay a little more closer. Thanks for the help

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.