6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Upcoming Interviews

Lovelyjodie 3/6/07 CR-1

Keishino 3/6/07 K1

Susan 3/6/07 ? (Darlene's friend)

Best wishes ladies :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Positive vibes being sent to you all.... B)

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I like the new 'do denden. Nice pic.

Thanks, but no..the old "do"...I just cut it off....now I'm wearing a silky weave ;) B)

Dee, I liked the "old do" too. Are you going to stay natural? My goal for 2007 is to stay natural...I always end up putting a kiddie perm in my hair once or twice a year. I'm going to start twisting my hair next weekend...now I have a curly "fro".

I tried to go natural too, and I did for a year but I had some breakage so I decided to get a mild relaxer. As some of you know I'm multi-racial and so is my hair LOL. Naturally most of it is wavy but there are some areas that are bone straight and one patch that's a little kinkier; and it varies in thickness too. My experiment to go natural looked a little funny, as I couldn't get it to look consistent.

I remember some time back Jonesie listed some vitamins that would strengthen your hair. Jonesie can you give me the list it again?

Anyone else have any suggestions for hair care?

I have been wearing my hair natural for 2 years now. I love it!!! I wore braids or weaves for most of that time, I started wearing it out in August in a curly afro or a afro puff. For the last 3 months I've been wearing it twisted. I'm slowly working myself towards Locks that is my ultimate goal. I've been wanting to do this for several years. I spend alot of time on this website www.nappturality.com. Ok well maybe too much time :lol: It is alot like this one... Very addicting and it offers a great deal of info and support. Check it out and let me know what you think.

I have been wearing my hair natural since Feb. 04. Before that, I wore it natural for serveral years, and then messed around and put a perm in it.... :angry: Won't make that mistake again! My hair is so thick and healthy naturally, but a little difficult to manage. When I put a perm in though, it is thin and breaks easily. I've been wearing the kinky twists to give my hair time to grow out since 04 (I cut all the perm out in 04). Now, it is pretty long and healthy. The only problem is that summers in GA are brutal at times, and my hair will rebel! When I wear it out, I flat twist it at night and take it out in the morning. It has cute krinkles all over. I use Jamaican Mango Lime locking wax to lock in the waves..... Love that product! I also have frequented the nappturality site. Again, like I did on this site, I haven't joined yet to participate in the threads.... I just read the posts. It is very informative.

Where are you all seeing these pictures of each other? Can newbies participate? :innocent:

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning and good luck to the interviewees. Is any one else having trouble accessing their case status online? I get to the login page but can't go any further.

\

I am having problems and thought I was losing it. Haven't tried today yet...

Upcoming Interviews

Lovelyjodie 3/6/07 CR-1

Keishino 3/6/07 K1

Susan 3/6/07 ? (Darlene's friend)

Best wishes ladies :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Positive vibes being sent to you all.... B)

We will be here praying for you.

Good luck!

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
I like the new 'do denden. Nice pic.

Thanks, but no..the old "do"...I just cut it off....now I'm wearing a silky weave ;) B)

Dee, I liked the "old do" too. Are you going to stay natural? My goal for 2007 is to stay natural...I always end up putting a kiddie perm in my hair once or twice a year. I'm going to start twisting my hair next weekend...now I have a curly "fro".

I woke up one moring and cut it off about two weeks now and I miss it. I went to have a texturizer put in it and the girl left it in too long :blink: So it didn't curl up much. My hair breaks with perms too. It's too short to braid so I'm going to let it grow out a bit and get micros. and maybe retwist it later in the year.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
congrats. :dance::dance::dance:

Okay.

We did NOT get the visa. We didnt even get in for an interview. They didnt let us past the first window. We messed up on some paperwork and now I am kicking myself and crying my eyes out. I cant write anymore now but I will when I get home so no one else makes the same mistakes. :(

Even though the instructions said we needed $335 for the interview, they never took any money from Jomo. We didn't need that $335 till we applied for permanent residency here.

Fill out the 157 online too.

I did not have the letter from the bank or employer notarized. I DID get all 3 years of my tax returns notarized.

335 dollars is only for us CR1 Visa applicants :)! Not K-1

Yet they continue to send out that letter stating you need it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Ok, I have some questions about the 156, 156K, 157, and DS230 forms for the interview...

There is a space there to add a prepared by name, would it look bad if I prepared the forms for Marlon to sign and include my information as the preparer?

I found a co-sponsor as according to the new poverty guidelines I fell about $600.00 short for 2006 but for the prior years 2003-2005 I made the 125% above the new poverty guidelines. To my understanding from reading the guides, we both need to submit I34 forms, bank letters, employer letters, and tax transcripts from the last 3 years. I have yet to file my 2006 taxes so will they accept 2003-2005 and my W2's for this year?

I called IRS yesterday to request my 2003-2005 tax transcripts and I told they lady that it was for wage verification, is that correct?

When I go to Jamaica next week I am taking Marlon the originals that I submitted for the I29F application as well as the letters he sent me and my birth certificate, hopefully I will get those back!

How many passport photos does Marlon need for the medical and interview?

I think you will be fine with your taxes. If you haven't filed them, you haven't filed them. They cannot require you to file them just for them. However, if your interview falls after April 15, I assume they will want those filed returns.

I prepared all of Jomo's forms and filled in my information as preparer. They were fine with that.

Jomo needed 6 passport photos for the medical and interview.

Phew thanks and sorry for soooo many questions!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I have been wearing my hair natural for 2 years now. I love it!!! I wore braids or weaves for most of that time, I started wearing it out in August in a curly afro or a afro puff. For the last 3 months I've been wearing it twisted. I'm slowly working myself towards Locks that is my ultimate goal. I've been wanting to do this for several years. I spend alot of time on this website www.nappturality.com. Ok well maybe too much time :lol: It is alot like this one... Very addicting and it offers a great deal of info and support. Check it out and let me know what you think.

That's a cool site. Lots of good info. My starter locs are on there somewhere.

hi everyone, tomorrow is my interview and i am jus freaking out. i nervous but fell confident i will be approved because i have my stuff prepared but with the embassy u never know.Pray for me people and thank u all

No worries mon!!!! Everyting soon be irie!!! And you'll be laughing afterward.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone It is soooo awesome seeing us all pitching in. I HAVE A QUES. What else is new right? Does the DS 156 have to be front & back copied? I have it both ways & just want to have the correct one given to the Embassy? Please advise.

08-25-06 Package Sent
Package was redirected to CSC
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-18-06 Recd Original Birth Cert in mailed
11-18-06 Touch (On Saturday?)
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-4-06 NVC has packet issued case #
12-6-06 Recd email confirming NOA2 Approval finally.
12-6-06 File in the mail to Embassy per NVC.
12-8-06 Embassy sign for NVC packet
12-18-06 Embassy emails stating Packet 3 in mail to Fiancee.
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-3-07 Embassy receives DS 230
1-19-07 Embassy confirms interview appt. date & time via phone.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3
2-20-07 Medical @ Andrews completed
2-15-07 Received Packet #3 in mail

[b]Interview Date: March 13, 2007 9am[/b]
APPROVED 3/13/07
Had to fly back without Fiancee 3/20

PICKED UP VISA @ EMBASSY DAY 22!!!!
Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
TEXAS BOUND-TEXAS ARRIVAL 4/11
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Timeline
Hey everyone It is soooo awesome seeing us all pitching in. I HAVE A QUES. What else is new right? Does the DS 156 have to be front & back copied? I have it both ways & just want to have the correct one given to the Embassy? Please advise.

Texas Bound,

I don't believe it is necessary to have it front and back copied. At least I don't. If someone knows different, please let us know. I can't see it mattering. If you download from the web, It wouldn't be.

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

I would do front and back -- what's it gonna hurt? I think the more you do the better off you are :dancing:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.