6,588 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I like the new 'do denden. Nice pic.

Thanks, but no..the old "do"...I just cut it off....now I'm wearing a silky weave ;) B)

Dee, I liked the "old do" too. Are you going to stay natural? My goal for 2007 is to stay natural...I always end up putting a kiddie perm in my hair once or twice a year. I'm going to start twisting my hair next weekend...now I have a curly "fro".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks, but no..the old "do"...I just cut it off....now I'm wearing a silky weave ;) B)

All right now :thumbs: ...let's see that one too. :D

Family,

Just wanted to say good night. I am so glad that so many of us have March appointments and can check and doublecheck our stuff. My apologies to you veterans who are already past this phase. I hope we are not monopolizing the thread too much lately :wacko:

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I ditto Ricardos comment.

I hope all the veterans know that we are just excited and nervous.... don't mean to monopolize the thread. Have a great night everyone..... another week begins....

3 weeks and counting until I DAY :dance:

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Filed: Timeline

Dee, I liked the "old do" too. Are you going to stay natural? My goal for 2007 is to stay natural...I always end up putting a kiddie perm in my hair once or twice a year. I'm going to start twisting my hair next weekend...now I have a curly "fro".

I tried to go natural too, and I did for a year but I had some breakage so I decided to get a mild relaxer. As some of you know I'm multi-racial and so is my hair LOL. Naturally most of it is wavy but there are some areas that are bone straight and one patch that's a little kinkier; and it varies in thickness too. My experiment to go natural looked a little funny, as I couldn't get it to look consistent.

I remember some time back Jonesie listed some vitamins that would strengthen your hair. Jonesie can you give me the list it again?

Anyone else have any suggestions for hair care?

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Filed: Timeline
Family,

Just wanted to say good night. I am so glad that so many of us have March appointments and can check and doublecheck our stuff. My apologies to you veterans who are already past this phase. I hope we are not monopolizing the thread too much lately :wacko:

I ditto Ricardos comment.

I hope all the veterans know that we are just excited and nervous.... don't mean to monopolize the thread. Have a great night everyone..... another week begins....

3 weeks and counting until I DAY :dance:

No need to apoligize. I'm excited for you and I'm sure the veterans are only happy to help :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree....no need to apologize. I'm here for support because I can't help much with the process...so much has changed in the last 2.5 years. This is the best place for guidance, information and support. I've met some wonderful people here.

I wish everyone luck on upcoming interview :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Family I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Thanks for telling me to get things notarized I will be meeting with my financial planner and he can do that for me. :thumbs:

All those March interview are going to start and good luck on all of them. I know you will all do great. I will be looking to all of you about your experience.

My interview is in April --- thanks Sonshyne :yes:

I know I have total have been worried about money and going nutts. Dwain called today and asked if i could go get this cheap car for 2 thousand he found on the net so he could drive to school. I told him not yet until he gets a job. Then my brother suggested that I buy this 3 bedroom farm house from my mom and dad that needs minor work like some carpet and paint. I could pay for it all in cash except for 4 thousand dollars of it. Then all I would be paying for is taxes. We could pay for him to go to school and almost everything on my pay check. He could concentrate on college with maybe only working 10 hours a week. I think it is great but don't know if my hubby would go for it. We could also buy that car he wants with cash too. What would you guys do. I am afraid of living in a town of 6 people. Yes they are all im-breads LOL joking. :lol: But we could save money like crazy and go to JA every year debt free. The farm house is the same distance away from my job. Would you move from a town of 40 thousand to a town of 6 to save money?

The bad part is it would take 6 hours to mow the grass :lol:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Upcoming Interviews

Lovelyjodie 3/6/07 CR-1

Keishino 3/6/07 K1

Susan 3/6/07 ? (Darlene's friend)

Best wishes ladies :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Not if you go buy some Billy Goats :lol:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

:lol:

We could have curried goat then! Evil

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I tried to go natural too, and I did for a year but I had some breakage so I decided to get a mild relaxer. As some of you know I'm multi-racial and so is my hair LOL. Naturally most of it is wavy but there are some areas that are bone straight and one patch that's a little kinkier; and it varies in thickness too. My experiment to go natural looked a little funny, as I couldn't get it to look consistent.

I remember some time back Jonesie listed some vitamins that would strengthen your hair. Jonesie can you give me the list it again?

I have been wearing my hair natural for 2 years now. I love it!!! I wore braids or weaves for most of that time, I started wearing it out in August in a curly afro or a afro puff. For the last 3 months I've been wearing it twisted. I'm slowly working myself towards Locks that is my ultimate goal. I've been wanting to do this for several years. I spend alot of time on this website www.nappturality.com. Ok well maybe too much time :lol: It is alot like this one... Very addicting and it offers a great deal of info and support. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

We could have curried goat then! Evil

:lol::lol: Yes you could. You can raise them, let them eat your grass to fatten up, and then........ :whistle:

You are too funny!! I was trying to offer you some help!

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

I have been wearing my hair natural for 2 years now. I love it!!! I wore braids or weaves for most of that time, I started wearing it out in August in a curly afro or a afro puff. For the last 3 months I've been wearing it twisted. I'm slowly working myself towards Locks that is my ultimate goal. I've been wanting to do this for several years. I spend alot of time on this website www.nappturality.com. Ok well maybe too much time :lol: It is alot like this one... Very addicting and it offers a great deal of info and support. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Dee I love the hair it looks love you on you. But I know nothing about the natural thing or weaves.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey My VJ Family!!!

Just wanted to check in and say hi.....things are basically still the same over here in Cali.....we are still waiting for the green card.....the FBI name check is still pending!!!! :angry::whistle:

Duane is busy with his art.....we have started a new thing and he is selling prints of all his paintings for much less than the originals are selling......he has had a lot of success with his art and it does help out alot.....I am busy at work myself and we are just trotting along like an old married couple.... :lol::lol::lol:

It seems like years ago that we were going through all the waiting for the K1 and stress of traveling back and forth to JA.....we are still waiting but at least he is here so it is a little different...Hope all is well with everyone and I hope things are going great for all newbies.....it sure seems that many things have changed with Kingston embassy. CRAZYYYYYY........ :wacko::wacko:

Take care everyone...I will check in and say hi periodically!!! (L)

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.