Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
congrats. :dance::dance::dance:

Okay.

We did NOT get the visa. We didnt even get in for an interview. They didnt let us past the first window. We messed up on some paperwork and now I am kicking myself and crying my eyes out. I cant write anymore now but I will when I get home so no one else makes the same mistakes. :(

((((Karin)))), please contact me when you can. This is just a temporary set back, I'm sure you'll be given another date and all will be well.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

[b]Group Hug for Karin (L)(L) [/b]

This is just a stumbling block, you'll be able to correct the papers and return for another interview :yes:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was thinking about filling out the DS230 and mailing it to my fiance as we wait for packet 3 to arrive so he has it ready (and i know it is filled out right)....has anyone else done this? or is there a special code on the ds230 that comes in the packet?

Timeline

i need help!!!! we need to get away for a couple of days i am loosing my mind....anyone have any ideas??? kelly???

Ricardo...sorry to hear about that... (F)

i think the ds230 you need to fill out online beacause it has a bar code on it...uumm not sure where you need to go to do that...check up top where it says forms and downloads check there....

Edited by nannygirl82

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I was thinking about filling out the DS230 and mailing it to my fiance as we wait for packet 3 to arrive so he has it ready (and i know it is filled out right)....has anyone else done this? or is there a special code on the ds230 that comes in the packet?

I filled it out online, printed it and sent it to the Embassy. Since you have the time send it so he will have it to drop off.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

I filled it out online, printed it and sent it to the Embassy. Since you have the time send it so he will have it to drop off.

ok i was confused...i have gotten all my forms mixed up...imagine that :whistle: yes darlene is right fill it out send it to him...the form i was talking about was the ds156 which you need to go here http://evisaforms.state.gov/ to do it so you have a bar code....hope i didn't confuse you

Do it!! I think most of us did that very same thing :yes:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

Hi Finesse,

I have been thinking about the same thing. Are you going to be able to attend the interview with your fiance? I will be at the interview, so I am preparing a binder with all of the necessary forms and documentation required. My fiance does have packet 3 (he went to the embassy to pick it up), so he has the DS230, but I think if I filled it out online and printed it out, it would just look better..... I'm ####### like that :blush: I don't believe there is any difference in the forms.

I plan to have a binder with copies of everything I submitted for the I-129F (intent to marry letters included), plus the Affidavit for Support and all back up documentation (pay stubs, letter from my employer, letter from my bank, my W2's and tax returns from last 3 years), my divorce decree (I've been married before), copy of my birth certificate, and proof of relationship (phone bills, pictures, passenger coupons from trips to JA), two of his passport photos, and DS230 that he will sign once I get there (but will already be filled out). I will also have a section to insert his police record, his No-Impediment to Marriage Certificate, and copy of his birth certificate.

As far as I know, that should be everything required..... Good luck with everything. ;)

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Timeline

Jewel is the only store here that is on the grocery game too. That is great that you already have a discount from Roy working there. I shop at aldis when there aren't things on the list that I need like milk and eggs. Last week I saved 31 dollars and only spent 35 dollars total. We need a budget so I can explain to him because he is a spender.

Hi Everyone!

Welcome LovinJA!

Jax I would love to learn how to stick to a strict budget once Javon arrives as well b/c he is also a spender. I'm frugal so I have learned to make it but once he comes I know we will have some problems.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Has anyone considered moving when their SO got here? Here is our situation the house I own is taking 50 percent of my pay and we will never survive once he gets here. I am on a strict budget which leaves only 40 bucks for entertainment each month. He wants a car and wants to go to school. Seeing if he had a min wage job we still wouldn't make it. I have considered moving to a cheaper town and out of huskie town. I would miss my brothers here and my parents only live 1/2 hour away. But there is another town Rockford that is close to my work and we can get a house that is 50 thousand dollars cheaper. I thought it also might be nice if we looked for a home together that we both picked out. He says we aren't moving because I move too much. That part is true I have never lived in a place more than a 1year 1/2 but we can't afford it. The two of us on a teacher salary is going to be tough.

Any suggestions?

May it turn spring soon and the snow go away. Now I am sick of the snow and need a change.

Be careful out east in the storm.

One Luv

Jax

He's coming over on a K3" right? won't he be able to work when he arrives in the US? The extra income would help.

He is coming on a CR1 but he will need to adjust for at least a month. I remember trying to get work for myself when I was in college here and it was hard. He will start GED classes first and then add part time work. When reading this thread everyone at first said it was hard for their SO to get a job or a real good paying one.

Jobs are hard to find buy maybe he will luck out. My brother-in-law was a detective in Ocho so he had basic computer skills. His first job was an associate at Kinko's and have worked himself up to an assistant manager. He then got hired thru a temp agency for customer service paying at $15 per hour. The client also loved his work ethic so they hired him on and now he's making $18.50 an hr. God has truly blessed my sister and her husband!!!

congrats. :dance::dance::dance:

Okay.

We did NOT get the visa. We didnt even get in for an interview. They didnt let us past the first window. We messed up on some paperwork and now I am kicking myself and crying my eyes out. I cant write anymore now but I will when I get home so no one else makes the same mistakes. :(

I'm sorry Karin.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LovinJA,

It looks like you have an interview date from your timeline...I thought DS230 Pt 1 had to be turned in to get an interview date(packet 4)?

There is a 50/50 chance that I'll be attending the interview...there are certain weeks of the month that I just CANNOT get off from work. I am going to Jamaica in April though so I'll be taking all the necessary documentation so me and fiance can go over everything together...who knows maybe the interview will fall during the time I am going to be there.

Your list of what to take looks like what I was thinking too, but I'm still clueless to the no-impediment to marraige thing...can you explain?

thanks...

Jewel is the only store here that is on the grocery game too. That is great that you already have a discount from Roy working there. I shop at aldis when there aren't things on the list that I need like milk and eggs. Last week I saved 31 dollars and only spent 35 dollars total. We need a budget so I can explain to him because he is a spender.

Hi Everyone!

Welcome LovinJA!

Jax I would love to learn how to stick to a strict budget once Javon arrives as well b/c he is also a spender. I'm frugal so I have learned to make it but once he comes I know we will have some problems.

Hi everyone,

Verton is the one that doesn't spend money so every pay period I give him money because I know I will be short before the next pay period :lol: . He tells me I treat him like he's my bank sometimes he even ask me what do I need the money for :whistle: .

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Timeline
Aren't you glad we are done with this part? Did you file the AOS yet?

HAHAHA...you are tttooo funny.....ya i am in the process of doing that....getting all the bills changed...what fun!!! once i get the new bills with his name on it then i will send the stuff in....one negative thing about waiting so long...but i am glad i did wait....

how are things going for you guys???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Aren't you glad we are done with this part? Did you file the AOS yet?

HAHAHA...you are tttooo funny.....ya i am in the process of doing that....getting all the bills changed...what fun!!! once i get the new bills with his name on it then i will send the stuff in....one negative thing about waiting so long...but i am glad i did wait....

how are things going for you guys???

It is going good. A big adjustment but I am lucky he puts up with me. I didn't change anything to his name (bills) and sent in the packet. I will do something of it now before the interview.

I just wanted it there to start the process.

Somethings are a pain in the butt like him being taken advantage of. :angry: I have to go with him just about everywhere because he doesn't know if they are right or not.

One thing is he is getting use to the cold. He will come out of the house now. :)

All in all things are good.....

Is Mike adjusting?

WE ARE DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.