Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I just got back from WW down 9.6 pounds. :dance: I want my first star next week. Oh boy and those cheesburger and hamburger at MC D's look good and so cheap there will be another time for cheap burgers :whistle:

Michele I know what you mean its hard getting back into the swing of things.

congrats!!!!!!!I'm loving weight watchers too. I'm down a total of 15 pounds sense I started in Novermber!!!!

TGIF Jonsie!

Edited by Denden

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

? Have any of you as couples discussed how you would take care of your spouses parent in Jamaica when they grow old and can't take care of themselves? I know many of your spouse come from large families but in our situation my husband is an only child. Were trying to figure out what the plan would be in the coming years if she got sick or something.

Hubby worries about it all the time. He didn't even grow up in the home with him. His mother gave him away to his grandmother when he was three months old but he dosen't care, he feels it's his responsibility. I'm not sure what the plan is. :blush: He has brothers and sisters there with his parents none are in the position to help. but of course he is the answer cause he's gawn afarrin :unsure:

You can't come a farrin an return home without lookin hot or you flop :lol:

:lol: Very true. I'm trying to convince Damien to go home this July for the Sumfest but he said he doesn't have enough time or money to shop...HELLO, it was January :blink:

:angry: It makes me so mad that everyone expects him to get rich overnight just because he moved to the U.S. EVERYONE wants something when we go back - even people he hardly knows :ranting: People we would run into on the street would want him to buy them a beer or just give them some money! Hello.... You weren't even friends when he lived in JA - go away <_<

D feels the same, infact, when he goes back, if he ever gets the chance to go back :unsure: His family won't know he''s there if he can help it. He says he just wants to shoot fish and see his daughter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Fam,

Just a note for any female beneficiaries who are going to do their AOS biometrics... be sure to take your marriage certificate with you or they will try to make you keep your former name.

Much love,

Mars.

From a little cottage in Negril all the way to Vermont.[br].png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am down to geting the last few things together for the interview. I have a question regarding the bank statements... Do I need to print all the pages, or just the first page which shows the beginning balance, and the last which show the ending balance?

Jax any luck today?

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
I am down to geting the last few things together for the interview. I have a question regarding the bank statements... Do I need to print all the pages, or just the first page which shows the beginning balance, and the last which show the ending balance?

Jax any luck today?

Good morning family, :star: :star:

I heard this yesterday: I ran into an old friend and she said that a relative of hers had just gotten married to someone that she brougth over from Jamaica and his parents were able to get visitors visas to attend the wedding here???? I cant get any more details so Im wondering.....Did anyone every hear of this before? Can they get visas that quickly, for that purpose? :wacko::blink:

Sonshyne - I think you just need a notarized letter from your back stating your current/running balance and how long you have had the account with them.

Okay, BIG NEWS tomorrow I fly to JA for our interview on Tuesday. Whatever happens, I just wanted to say that I dont know how I would've gotten to this point without all of you kind words, support and valuable information. (L):thumbs: You have helped me so much. I will post our results as soon as I can get to a computer. I cant believe we are finally here. :dance: :dance:

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

I heard this yesterday: I ran into an old friend and she said that a relative of hers had just gotten married to someone that she brougth over from Jamaica and his parents were able to get visitors visas to attend the wedding here???? I cant get any more details so Im wondering.....Did anyone every hear of this before? Can they get visas that quickly, for that purpose? :wacko::blink:

It's usually very difficult for Jamaican's to get a visitors Visa. It can happen, but it's rare. They have to have proof of assets in Jamaica like land/property, a house, bank account, business, etc... to show that they have "ties" to Jamaica and they're not trying to escape to the U.S. I'm not sure how long it takes, but knowing the Jamaican Embassy, probably a while! :rolleyes:

Okay, BIG NEWS tomorrow I fly to JA for our interview on Tuesday.

GOOD LUCK :dance: Have a safe trip! Try to relax - you guys will be fine :thumbs:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Okay, BIG NEWS tomorrow I fly to JA for our interview on Tuesday. Whatever happens, I just wanted to say that I dont know how I would've gotten to this point without all of you kind words, support and valuable information. (L):thumbs: You have helped me so much. I will post our results as soon as I can get to a computer. I cant believe we are finally here. :dance: :dance:

Best wishes and save travels!!! Rhonda's right-try to relax, and enjoy your time together.

Jax any luck today?

Sonshyne - I think you just need a notarized letter from your back stating your current/running balance and how long you have had the account with them.

Yes, they can get visitor's visas. It can be quite hard, but depending on their age, financial status etc, they do have a chance, a wedding probably one of the best reasons to be going abroad.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Best wishes and save travels!!! Rhonda's right-try to relax, and enjoy your time together.

Thanks guys!! :thumbs: :thumbs: I am going to make sure that I enjoy my time with Ricardo. Not, knowing when I will see him again, until after the interview :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jax any luck today?

Thanks I do have a notarized letter :yes:

Best wishes to you and Ricardo :thumbs: Safe travels to you.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You can't come a farrin an return home without lookin hot or you flop :lol:

:lol: Very true. I'm trying to convince Damien to go home this July for the Sumfest but he said he doesn't have enough time or money to shop...HELLO, it was January :blink:

:angry: It makes me so mad that everyone expects him to get rich overnight just because he moved to the U.S. EVERYONE wants something when we go back - even people he hardly knows :ranting: People we would run into on the street would want him to buy them a beer or just give them some money! Hello.... You weren't even friends when he lived in JA - go away <_<

I know the feeling but Rhonda sometimes it's just an impression. Like when someone say "beg a money or a likkle ting na" it doesn't mean anything just a figure of speech. They might see someone dressed nice and say something to that nature. Or when they say "beg a beer". My hubby is a kind person when we go out in JA he will buy a few round of drinks for everyone we're with. Some of my friends men do it here to it's like a nice gesture so no one feel left out. Don't take it to heart it's all love.

I agree Anna. It's mostly Damien who is "showing off" - his friends and family didn't ask for much. Damien wanted to pay for everything. I think he toned it down our last trip...and he came home with most of his clothes. He was still talk of the town for months because how he so much gained weight and muscle....he works out almost every day...he friends and family were shocked.

One of his friends just came back from JA so now Damien is ready to go home in July. If not, we still have December.

Timeline
? Have any of you as couples discussed how you would take care of your spouses parent in Jamaica when they grow old and can't take care of themselves? I know many of your spouse come from large families but in our situation my husband is an only child. Were trying to figure out what the plan would be in the coming years if she got sick or something.

Damien and his brothers take turns helping out his father...he's the only family member we help out financially...only a few times though.

Timeline
I just got back from WW down 9.6 pounds. :dance: I want my first star next week. Oh boy and those cheesburger and hamburger at MC D's look good and so cheap there will be another time for cheap burgers :whistle:

Michele I know what you mean its hard getting back into the swing of things.

congrats!!!!!!!I'm loving weight watchers too. I'm down a total of 15 pounds sense I started in Novermber!!!!

TGIF Jonsie!

Hey Dee. How are you?

I need to RUN back to Weight Watchers.....

Good luck to you.

Timeline

Thanks guys!! :thumbs: :thumbs: I am going to make sure that I enjoy my time with Ricardo. Not, knowing when I will see him again, until after the interview :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Good luck to you :thumbs: We'll be all praying for you.

Enjoy the weekend everyone. Gotta go to the gym :crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.