Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Yardies

I still haven't convinced my fiancee to stay in Kingston over night yet... But I started thinking.... Maybe I'll just rent the room in Kingston now, and he'll have to go because I'll have already paid fo it. Well that plan went out the window...

I looked up some hotels near the embassy last night... They are all booked up :o I can't even get a room for one night.. Does anyone here know the area well enough to suggest some other places that are close by to stay at :help:

Sonshyne,

No rooms at the Hilton? It huge. How about Pegasus? Good Luck.

Rooms may be full now with world cricket starting in March.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
When I retire I would love to winter in Jamaica-but I don't know if I could live there year-round.

My employment worries are over. I start a new job on March 1 :dance: :dance:

:dance: Congrats! You've been in my prayers :yes:

Thanks Jonseie. :luv:

Thanks everyone-I really appreciate the encouragement each of you have given me. :)

I think that if we had enough US dollars we could easily start up some kind of business but I dont think I could there there full time either. I want the best of both worlds, a vacation place there and a place here. So we could come and go as we please! I can dream cant I!! :lol: :lol:

:thumbs: that's what I'm talking about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I dont have any real family so that's why Ive thought about it. I think that if we had enough US dollars we could easily start up some kind of business but I dont think I could there there full time either. I want the best of both worlds, a vacation place there and a place here. So we could come and go as we please! I can dream cant I!! :lol: :lol:

i'm with you. we are thinking of being here full time for a few years, building a business and hopefully putting aside some money to buy or build a house in ja. we want to spend part of the year here and the rest there, coming and going as we please...you're right - it would be the best of both worlds as far as i'm concerned...

wait correction...i mean 6'8....but still very tall...when we were on our honeymoon these kids kept coming up to him and asking him if he was a b-ball player and for what team...one kid went to get his autograph book..

lol- my former husband was very built and he was always stopped by kids and adults alike, thinking he was a runner or football player. Once we were driving through PA and we rented a really nice car and had stopped for gas. A bunch of teens surrounded the car thinking he was someone(I forgot who) and I don't think they believed him when he said that he wasn't who they thought he was :blush: .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Looking for a calling card plan that is reasonable and logs all calls made?

http://www.ringyard.com

You get a free 10 minute card to try out service - I just tried and the call was clear and I got through instantly!

.10 to cell and .10 to landine!

Thanks Jonesie :D We just got our free 10 min. and after using them, we bought a $20 card. It seems to work great!!

I just told Henry about it and we will try it. I am so tired to him ranting that each calling card that he buys is "run by sheer 'tiefs'! And dem a rob people day and night." :lol:

I registered my cell phone, his cell, and our home phone so we got 30 free minutes :whistle:

And by the way Shauna-why didn't you tell us you put your wedding pictures up on yahoo?? B)

Very nice; you two look great together :thumbs:

Details please...

:lol::lol: ...must have slipped my mind......

You two are too cute together! How tall is your hubby? He looks to be as tall (if not taller) than mine

Things are going well on my end. Elias is growing so fast - he is so much fun. We're feeling like a real family now :luv:

Oh, he's soooooo CUTE :luv: I'm glad you guys are doing well.

He is adorable :yes:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
And by the way Shauna-why didn't you tell us you put your wedding pictures up on yahoo?? B)

Very nice; you two look great together :thumbs:

Details please...

:lol::lol: ...must have slipped my mind......

You two are too cute together! How tall is your hubby? He looks to be as tall (if not taller) than mine

6'8

Edited by nannygirl82

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ricardo- your interview is coming up soon :thumbs:

Best wishes to Eric on his interview tomorrow!!

Thank you. 6 days till I leave and I am spending many sleepless nights :( !

Yes, my thoughts are with Eric too. I HOPE we hear GREAT news from him. Fingers crossed.

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Good luck and my most sincere good thoughts to all of you, especially Eric and Ricardo, may you be home with your sweeties in no time! (F)

Michele - Congrats on the new job!

Julie - Hi, I don't know you but you got a beautiful baby :D

Everyone else... HI!

I have been busy with assignments, trying to get them done before I go to Jamaica! :blink:

I have some what may seem silly questions about my upcoming trip:

1) Is it wierd if I take my own food with me? Not that i don't like JA food cuz I do but foods like mac & chz, ramen noodles, canned tuna etc.

2) Are there any places in the countryside that take VISA debit cards?

3) I will be bringing some video games for the PS2 as well as a couple of movies to keep me busy when Marlon goes to the boring garage, can I have these on my carry-on?

4) I plan on buying Marlon a package of boxer briefs and socks, is alright to keep them in their packages?

I just want to make sure that this trip is a little moe comfortable for me than the last one, hence why I am bringing video games cuz Marlon's games are eh! lol

Thanks in advance for you responses and I am very glad to be apart of this wonderful group of people! (L)

Oh, how do I join the yahoo group? My screenname is Dragongem1976.

Timeline

Hey FutureMrs

1) I always bring my own food with me...only cuz there's a lot of American foods I like that are just too expensive in JA (especially good ol American cereals, lol).

2) Where in the countryside are you talking? I'm from Mandeville and when I was there last summer some business places did accept my Visa. Also, the ATm machine at ScotiaBank allowed me to withdraw money (but be prepared for a US$1 something ATM fee per withdrawal)

3) Sure! They shouldnt question you about those at customs...unless they're still in the original packaging...then they might think you are bringing them to sell

4) If I were you I'd take them out the packages. You're not traveling with a man so the customs agents may think you are going to resell them.

Hope this hels :)

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Hello Yardies

I still haven't convinced my fiancee to stay in Kingston over night yet... But I started thinking.... Maybe I'll just rent the room in Kingston now, and he'll have to go because I'll have already paid fo it. Well that plan went out the window...

I looked up some hotels near the embassy last night... They are all booked up :o I can't even get a room for one night.. Does anyone here know the area well enough to suggest some other places that are close by to stay at :help:

Courtleigh, Terra Nova, Altamont Court, not sure if the Chelsea Hotel is still in operation, it's not as fancy as the rest but it's clean and fairly near too...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

i found my new favorite drink called a chocolate buzz...Baily's, Kaluha, and Chocolate Milk...shaken..then pured into a martini glass...the rim is coveved in chocolate powder and the inside has chocolate syrup and on the bottom and hershey kiss...it is SSSSOOO good!!!!

OH -- HELLO!!!! I want one right now....that sounds sooooooooo good!!! :goofy:

Yes, it does :devil: That sounds like a drink that would go down really smooth but have yucky effects the next day :dead::lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
Ricardo- your interview is coming up soon :thumbs:

Best wishes to Eric on his interview tomorrow!!

Thank you. 6 days till I leave and I am spending many sleepless nights :( !

Yes, my thoughts are with Eric too. I HOPE we hear GREAT news from him. Fingers crossed.

Best wishes to Eric :thumbs:

Richardo have you finshed packing??

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.