Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK--do you file the form I 131 for Advance Parole so you can travel from US to Canada and back on the k-a visa, or not?

I am sure you do. You're leaving the country so....

Hello everyone, :)

Hope we arent all freezing!! At least groundhogs say less than six weeks of this left. Stay warm.

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ugh I want a new job they are putting me on a music cart in a school with 3 floors. I can't do my African Drumming unit any more or my Xylophones. Ugh!! Where can I teach without a cart maybe we should move out of IL. Just bummed.

What about those roads today in IL? My goodness. Hope everyone made it home safe.

Have a goodnight all.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
Ugh I want a new job they are putting me on a music cart in a school with 3 floors. I can't do my African Drumming unit any more or my Xylophones. Ugh!! Where can I teach without a cart maybe we should move out of IL. Just bummed.

What about those roads today in IL? My goodness. Hope everyone made it home safe.

Have a goodnight all.

Aww, sorry to hear that, that sucks! Could you maybe request an empty classroom during another time?

Good morning fam

Jonesie,

I love your Juici Patti's pic! :lol: Also, the other pic you added is nice too. That's Ochi isnt' it?

um, how'd it get so high on that preggo list? :wacko:

tee hee.... :whistle: I have no idea at all..... :innocent:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

OK--do you file the form I 131 for Advance Parole so you can travel from US to Canada and back on the k-a visa, or not? I'm totally confused. The instructions are clear us mud.

You file for Advanced Parole if you want to be able to travel outside the U.S. BEFORE you get the Green Card. For us it was a waste of money because Tony got his GC about 6 months later and we never went anywhere during that time. It depends if you're planning on traveling. I mainly got it for Tony just in case something happened and he needed to go back to JA during that time :blush:

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Hey everybody,

I have to file to lift conditions for Tony in a few months - mid May. His GC expires in August and you're supposed to send it 90 days before that. Am I going to be the first one of the Yardie's to do this? I need to start doing my research :wacko: More darn paperwork! And more fees too I'm sure :angry: It's never-ending......

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey everybody,

I have to file to lift conditions for Tony in a few months - mid May. His GC expires in August and you're supposed to send it 90 days before that. Am I going to be the first one of the Yardie's to do this? I need to start doing my research :wacko: More darn paperwork! And more fees too I'm sure :angry: It's never-ending......

That is awesome. Lucky you, we will all be looking to you for advice. :whistle: (when the time comes)

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Have a goodnight all.

Aww, sorry to hear that, that sucks! Could you maybe request an empty classroom during another time?

There are no empty classrooms to be found. The little farm town is growing in IL because people are moving out of the expensive city and suburbs to find affordable housing. The town is right off the Ronald Regan express way. They are building right now 4 thousand houses so we are busting at the seams with kids. This is why I am looking for a new job. The area were I live in IL is growing all the little farm town are turing into cites.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Hey everybody,

Congrats Rhonda!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

I have to file to lift conditions for Tony in a few months - mid May. His GC expires in August and you're supposed to send it 90 days before that.

I'm so happy you're first!! I already have a whole file at home and one here at work too!! There was just a really good post yesterday in the "Lifting Conditions" forum <I'm such a freak -- I go in there all the time in anticipation of ours -- which is over a year away :wacko:>.....it had a great list and a copy of the Cover Letter.......I need to go print it and add it to my "pile."

They're still a mess out here in the Southern Suburbs.....

Sorry about losing your classroom (F)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So here I am visiting my favorite web site. So after stewing a bit about the musical chairs that USCIS is playing with my wife's I-485, I posted a question on the adjustment of status board and got a couple responses. It seems things have changed with USCIS. I was told that whenever an application is being transferred to California it is because USCIS feels that the case does not require additional adjudication and the green card is issued without the necessity of an interview. Had I known that, I would have saved the $185.00 I spent on the work permit because my better half got an e mail this morning that her adjustment of status has been registered. I called and was told by customer service that the card will be produced and she would receive an e mail shortly and I should wait at least 30 days before I call about it. This is really a surprise for us because we have been preparing things for an interview and now there would not be one. Will keep you guys posted.

We got transferred to California and it was great to not have an interview. BUT -- there is no guarantee that you will be transferred. When we got our EAD we were still not transferred to Cali.....it happened about two weeks after we got it....and we were approved pretty darn fast. It's all a huge #######-shoot. Congrats on being transferred :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Does anyone know how much a criminal record check costs in Jamaica?? And what they ask for? And where do you have to go?

Just realized I'm going to need one since I lived in Jamaica for 12 years...

Looked at a website here, they want a set of fingerprints (£60), the Jamaican High Commission to notorize them (£15) and an application fee (£38)!!

Now, flights to Jamaica are like £300 and I'd rather pay the £185 more and GO to Jamaica than pay £115 here...grrrrrrr

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ladies i need some advice on this......there is a slight chance we could be moving come may and i would be changing jobs....my thing is...i need to change mike's adress to out apartments address so when we send in the paperwork i can send all the proof we live toghether ect....but if we were to move agin in may that might send off some red flags to the uscis because i am sure we will not have had our interview by then...also changing jobs after all the problems i had in kingston with job changes.....i am wondering if it is best just to stay put for another year and then change.....any advice???

BTW....mike HATES the cold....won't even take out the trash....

Edited by nannygirl82

Shauna -- I know while we are taking this "journey" we tend to worry about the USCIS with every step we take. I think there has to come a point when you have to just start living your life without worrying about what they will think. People move. People change jobs. There should be no reason why you don't do these things because you're afraid the USCIS might not approve.

As long as you make enough money and can prove all the things you need to prove I don't think anything else matters (L)

Has anyone heard from Susan or have I missed something?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.