Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Sorry I am just venting here and would like to hear all options good or bad.

Thank you gals are a great bunch and I miss you.

Joanna

Sorry :blush: I have no idea. But I would not be suprised. Dose the AOS only apply if the two people get married, if so I would not worry about it , if not I would for sure look into it.

I get sick to my stomach as I read my post. Again D say don't worry, Bull%#*

There is nothing you can do now but wait

Your hubby was born 5 years after the alien number was "issued" so that automatically rules out fraud

You've done everything by the book to get him here

(From what I read) you've basically been approved, it's just pending the clear up of this mess with Kingston

It's better to have him here with you and have the interview behind you...no worries my girl

:blush: Big sigh.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well wish me luck y'all...today is my meeting with my boss in which I will be giving my 2 weeks notice. I have been trying to have this meeting for the last week and a half but I have been nervous and all that jazz...but today is the day...I have to do it. Once this is over with it will be a big weight off my chest and shoulders and my mind.

Good luck Jamie :luv: I know what you mean by a weight off your chest. I HATE my job so much lately, I would love to quit. I'm still job hunting trying to find something else that comes close to my current salary. The job market in Michigan sucks right now :(

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Don't be a stranger. I have had to start "picking" on Elizabeth in your absence :lol: :lol:[/color]

:yes: It's true!!! It's true! I am developing a major complex too. Might need counseling. :lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Adrian is giving me a hard time and I wanted you guys prospective on the whole thing.....the lawyer said he heard of a case where the woman was arrested because she brought the man to the US and then didnt marry him??? then another case he told me that a woman was issued by the court to pay the male immigrant $50,000??? have any of you heard anything like that???

Joanna,

I have never heard of such a thing! It sounds pretty crazy to me. It sounds like a scare tactic to try to get you to marry him so he can stay here. Try not to stress too much. It sounds like you're doing the right thing. When is his 90 days up?

He goes on to say that there is an A-number in D's name from way back in the 1970's. :o:crying: We were like he wasn't born until 1975 :blink: Then he says well, Who ever filed this petition. Filed it for a person with his same name, same mother and fathers name ect. :o

Wow, that is so crazy! What are the chances of someone else w/ the same name AND the same parents names? Is there any chance that his parents filed for a visa for him when he was really young? Try to be patient and hang in there. Like someone else mentioned, at least he's here with you now so you can wait together instead of being 2000 miles away :yes:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
Hi Ladies,

It's been a long time since I've post. Just wanted to say hello to all and congrats to all moving a step closer to the end of the visa journey tunnel. Welcome Mangogirl (Mindy).

Hi Ms. Nyseness,

Welcome back. Missed ya.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow there is lots on here...

Joanna~ Don't worry girl...that all sounds bogus. Don't stress! Just keep good records just in case. Good to see you around these parts again ;)

Dee~ Congrats :dance: I am sure everything will be fine. Just a small bump in the road.

Well July 31st is my last day. We are talking over the details tomorrow morning but at least I got it off my chest. Honestly I don't think he was to suprised. But I am a little worried about one thing...our house. We rent from my companies owner right now. I am just praying with all I have that they won't make us move. Please keep that in your prayers...I will be talking to him (he is different than my boss) tomorrow morning as well. I just can't imagine moving and lossing our house :(

Timeline

Dee - Congrats on getting through the interview. I agree with Jonesie; I think you are approved pending this clearance. Don't worry. I will keep you and D in my prayers.

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
Hi Jamie,

My weight loss have been great I lost a total of 51 lbs. :D I have another 45 lbs to go but I'm taking it easy for the summer.

Mangogirl (Mindy) - I don't remember what you are filing but NSC is no longer processing K1's. They are all being forwarded to CSC for processing.

Congratz on the weight loss. What are you doing?????

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Rhonda I know you don't want to work 7 days a week (who would?) but at least:

1. You have a job

2. Sounds like you are making serious $$

I hope things get easier for you soon

Jamie - will keep you in prayer. I hope they wouldn't be that petty to ask you to move since you're moving on.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Wow, that is so crazy! What are the chances of someone else w/ the same name AND the same parents names? Is there any chance that his parents filed for a visa for him when he was really young? Try to be patient and hang in there. Like someone else mentioned, at least he's here with you now so you can wait together instead of being 2000 miles away :yes:

Five years before birth :no: besides...He said "Granny", who rasied him, not his parents. was too busing looking bout food :D

Timeline

Adrian is giving me a hard time and I wanted you guys prospective on the whole thing.....the lawyer said he heard of a case where the woman was arrested because she brought the man to the US and then didnt marry him??? then another case he told me that a woman was issued by the court to pay the male immigrant $50,000??? have any of you heard anything like that???

Joanna,

I have never heard of such a thing! It sounds pretty crazy to me. It sounds like a scare tactic to try to get you to marry him so he can stay here. Try not to stress too much. It sounds like you're doing the right thing. When is his 90 days up?

He goes on to say that there is an A-number in D's name from way back in the 1970's. :o:crying: We were like he wasn't born until 1975 :blink: Then he says well, Who ever filed this petition. Filed it for a person with his same name, same mother and fathers name ect. :o

Truer words were never spoken :yes::yes:

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Timeline

Five years before birth :no: besides...He said "Granny", who rasied him, not his parents. was too busing looking bout food :D

:lol:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Hi Ladies,

It's been a long time since I've post. Just wanted to say hello to all and congrats to all moving a step closer to the end of the visa journey tunnel. Welcome Mangogirl (Mindy).

Hi Ms. Nyseness,

Welcome back. Missed ya.

Waving to ANNA As Well!!! :D

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

miss kimmy....you are onto your next step!!!! :dance::dance: when's the wedding date?? i need to mark it down...

my only wish is that mike and i are next...i just read somewhere that it can take up to 30 days to process the rfe's.... :crying: so i might be going to stag to the wedding :crying:

but it is so GREAT to have you back!!!

Michelle..how's the new pad???

Edited by nannygirl82

Rhonda I know you don't want to work 7 days a week (who would?) but at least:

1. You have a job

2. Sounds like you are making serious $$

I hope things get easier for you soon

Jamie - will keep you in prayer. I hope they wouldn't be that petty to ask you to move since you're moving on.

Ditto! Jamie. Good luck with school.

Rhonda: Seven days a week is too much to REQUIRE someone to work. When do you have time to spend all that money??? Why won't they hire you an assistant? i'm sure they save money with everyone working so much overtime.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.