Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's funny....when I started looking into this process (before I found VJ) I was anxiously researching attorneys. I paid a few a "consultation fee" just to hear what they had to say. The way they made it seem there was NO WAY I could do this without them.

.....then I found VJ.....

I am glad I "wasted" the money I did doing the research but even happier that I didn't pay one any more than what I did. The help here on VJ is so much more valuable than what any attorney could have provided.

Thank you ladies you are so right, if it wasn't for this site and networking with other individuals who've gone through this process I don't know how things would have progressed to this point.

Here's a little story, the embassy said they mailed my husband's info packet on 12/22 and up to today he still has not received those documnents. If it was not for my cousin who told me a horror story of one person missing her interview because she did not receive her packet in the mail, we would have sat and wait, however with saying that I am not one to sit back and think things will be ok if have any feeling that I'm being cornered. I say that to say after waiting for 1 wk and constantly calling the Post Office in Jamaica and coming up emptied handed, I had to take matters in my own hands so that my husband could get a duplicate copy. You should see my phone bill, mi mumma :wacko:

I sent atleast 5 emails to this address KingstonIVinfo@state.gov and I kid you not, nobody answered my emails. I know they read it because I have return receipt in my outlook. Well needless to say after seeing no results I decided to call. Now that was a nightmare, I was on the phone for almost an 1 hour before I got through. This is after some real bad attitude and couple of hang ups. :help:

I had to literally stay on the phone with one young miss, who said she will send me an email with an appointment for my husband to come to the window to collect a duplicate copy of his appointment packet. I did not get off the phone until the email was in my inbox. I forwarded the email to my husband and as soon as he got his packet I told him to make an appointment for his medical which was 1 wk ago. If you don't do that and wait to do it just before your interview date, then your medical will be delayed and then you know what can happen.

I maybe wrong, but I think the system in Jamaica sucks big time, the feeling that I got with dealing with embassy is that they don't care and will hold people back. I said they don't care because one young woman at the embassy told me that after they send out the packet then if doesn't receive it, it's not their fault and quite frankly there is nothing they can do about it \o/

I'll be attending the interview with my husband next week Thursday, we have everything they've asked for. At this point it's out of my hands and in God's and the US Embassy in Kingston. I'll share my story when I rteurn on the 9th.

Thanks for your support on this board I really appreaciate it :)

Edited by Susanwill

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's funny....when I started looking into this process (before I found VJ) I was anxiously researching attorneys. I paid a few a "consultation fee" just to hear what they had to say. The way they made it seem there was NO WAY I could do this without them.

I am glad I "wasted" the money I did doing the research but even happier that I didn't pay one any more than what I did. The help here on VJ is so much more valuable than what any attorney could have provided.

Thank you ladies you are so right, if it wasn't for this site and networking with other individuals who've gone through this process I don't know how things would have progressed to this point.

Here's a little story, the embassy said they mailed my husband's info packet on 12/22 and up to today he still has not received those documnents. If it was not for my cousin who told me a horror story of one person missing her interview because she did not receive her packet in the mail, we would have sat and wait, however with saying that I am not one to sit back and think things will be ok if have any feeling that I'm being cornered. I say that to say after waiting for 1 wk and constantly calling the Post Office in Jamaica and coming up emptied handed, I had to take matters in my own hands so that my husband could get a duplicate copy. You should see my phone bill, mi mumma :wacko:

I sent atleast 5 emails to this address KingstonIVinfo@state.gov and I kid you not, nobody answered my emails. I know they read it because I have return receipt in my outlook. Well needless to say after seeing no results I decided to call. Now that was a nightmare, I was on the phone for almost an 1 hour before I got through. This is after some real bad attitude and couple of hang ups. :help:

I had to literally stay on the phone with one young miss, who said she will send me an email with an appointment for my husband to come to the window to collect a duplicate copy of his appointment packet. I did not get off the phone until the email was in my inbox. I forwarded the email to my husband and as soon as he got his packet I told him to make an appointment for his medical which was 1 wk ago. If you don't do that and wait to do it just before your interview date, then your medical will be delayed and then you know what can happen.

I maybe wrong, but I think the system in Jamaica sucks big time, the feeling that I got with dealing with embassy is that they don't care and will hold people back. I said they don't care because one young woman at the embassy told me that after they send out the packet then if doesn't receive it, it's not their fault and quite frankly there is nothing they can do about it \o/

I'll be attending the interview with my husband next week Thursday, we have everything they've asked for. At this point it's out of my hands and in God's and the US Embassy in Kingston. I'll share my story when I rteurn on the 9th.

hi susanwill

my interview will be on the 6th of March and they said they sent the package on 12th of January and i still haven't gotten it. I have been sending emails from last week and i still haven't gotten a reply.

Met at a wedding Jan 22 2000

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

interview march 6 2007 approved

waiting for airpack to deliver my visa

MARCH 9 RECEIVE VISA IN HAND

US entry March 17 2007

received ssn card on March 24

Remove conditions Mar 16 2009

received email stating i was approved July13 2009

recieved notice in mail and 10 year green card July20 2009

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

Timeline
You have to call and email them simultaneously or you'll miss your appointments. I have seen this happen to a couple of people already. You have to be persistent. :)

but u only can call on a monday or friday

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

US entry March 17 2007

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

Timeline
You have to call and email them simultaneously or you'll miss your appointments. I have seen this happen to a couple of people already. You have to be persistent. :)

I know that, when I said call them I figured you knew I was referring to those 2 specific days.

Timeline

I know that, when I said call them I figured you knew I was referring to those 2 specific days.

ok because i jus called and a lady told me to call back friday

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

US entry March 17 2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

More interview dates :dance: and progress for those waiting :dance:

Congrats and good luck!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

:wacko: At least someone talked to you.....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

when u call u must press 0 and someone will answer

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

US entry March 17 2007

Timeline

when u call u must press 0 and someone will answer

yes, but try that on Mondays & Fridays and see what happen. Please don't think it will be that easy on those days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

SUSANWILL, you are soooo right. Same situation here with the mailed packet since 12/18 still no mail yet!!! It is crazy. Im going to do the same thing on Friday. I sat on hold last friday for 30 min. & I thought she forgot me. I am excited for you. You have a great deal of determination as I do so I know you will succeed.

SONSHYNE: You may have paid someone to complete your file, but think of the brighter side, you are almost there & what is done is done. Always dont look behind because your BLESSINGS are in front of you.

08-25-06 Package Sent
Package was redirected to CSC
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-18-06 Recd Original Birth Cert in mailed
11-18-06 Touch (On Saturday?)
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-4-06 NVC has packet issued case #
12-6-06 Recd email confirming NOA2 Approval finally.
12-6-06 File in the mail to Embassy per NVC.
12-8-06 Embassy sign for NVC packet
12-18-06 Embassy emails stating Packet 3 in mail to Fiancee.
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-3-07 Embassy receives DS 230
1-19-07 Embassy confirms interview appt. date & time via phone.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3
2-20-07 Medical @ Andrews completed
2-15-07 Received Packet #3 in mail

[b]Interview Date: March 13, 2007 9am[/b]
APPROVED 3/13/07
Had to fly back without Fiancee 3/20

PICKED UP VISA @ EMBASSY DAY 22!!!!
Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
TEXAS BOUND-TEXAS ARRIVAL 4/11
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Timeline
SUSANWILL, you are soooo right. Same situation here with the mailed packet since 12/18 still no mail yet!!! It is crazy. Im going to do the same thing on Friday. I sat on hold last friday for 30 min. & I thought she forgot me. I am excited for you. You have a great deal of determination as I do so I know you will succeed.

SONSHYNE: You may have paid someone to complete your file, but think of the brighter side, you are almost there & what is done is done. Always dont look behind because your BLESSINGS are in front of you.

Your right and thanks :thumbs: They are a thing of the past for me. The service was only to get my petition rolling. From that point on it's up to me. Thanks to my Yardie Family things are going well :dance::dance:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Good morning everyone have a great day!

Good morning to you. In regards to the Police Cert. My sweetie did the express, but it was not avail. they said for 3 days at least. I believe it was because of the holidays, so dont fret. He went & picked it up a couple of weeks after ordering it without any problems.

As I look back he ordered it on 12/21 Thursday. Call them to confirm the expediency of the report so he wont have to wait overnight.

Thanks for the advice I will have him call the police station. Is the number somewhere on this site?

Try this #

TELEPHONE: 906-4908-33

FAX: 906-1724

URL: www.mns.gov.jm

E-MAIL: inform@infochan.com

These links have info:

http://www.jis.gov.jm/security/index.asp

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...r/J/Jamaica.htm

Now that Im reading back, we probably did the 3 day service. Call to confirm anyway. I hope you are doing well today.

congratulations lovelyjodie! we haven't received anything in the mail yet...have you?

no i haven't received anything yet.

Tha is great news.

Thanks for the info Your Great.

I also beleive this visajourney forum is a blessing!!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Thanks for this information Susan it is really appricated. My case just got sent down on January 23rd. I will wait to weeks and then start calling them like mad. I might have to take a couple sick days from work if they are only open 2 days a week. Is the number for the embassy on this site or does NVC send you a confrimation letter with the number. I am going to go track DHL packages on visa's from NVC to see if mine made it down today. If the USA embassy is really bad I think I will write a complant letter and send it in. If I can't get through I am going to go to Denise Hastards office on a Monday or a Friday so they can call for me.

Such great advice as always.

Everyone have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend I am off to the IL music educators state conference until Saturday.

One Luv

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.