Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
YOU GUYS!!! MARCH 13TH IS OUR INTERVIEW DATE!! I got through after the phone ringing for 13 minutes. Yall hang in there they will eventually patch you through. I was hoping for Feb, but will take what I can get. Good luck.

Congrads Texas :dance::dance: Now it's time for last minute preperations :thumbs::dance:

MANY Congrad Texas: I guess you were the one that kept the phone line busy today!! I couldnt get through AGAIN! I am so glad that someone got through and got an answer!!!It doesnt ring at all for me, its either busy or keeps disconnecting me :blink: :blink:

Question: I found my the date on my I-797 (thanks everyone) but doesnt that date only apply to when you get your paperwork in? I received my NVC letter with case # after that form? I cant get an answer about this date. I am sooo confused.

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
YOU GUYS!!! MARCH 13TH IS OUR INTERVIEW DATE!! I got through after the phone ringing for 13 minutes. Yall hang in there they will eventually patch you through. I was hoping for Feb, but will take what I can get. Good luck.

Congrads Texas :dance::dance: Now it's time for last minute preperations :thumbs::dance:

MANY Congrad Texas: I guess you were the one that kept the phone line busy today!! I couldnt get through AGAIN! I am so glad that someone got through and got an answer!!!It doesnt ring at all for me, its either busy or keeps disconnecting me :blink: :blink:

Question: I found my the date on my I-797 (thanks everyone) but doesnt that date only apply to when you get your paperwork in? I received my NVC letter with case # after that form? I cant get an answer about this date. I am sooo confused.

Oh, yeah..I called my congressman today and put in a formal complaint about emails and phone call problems with the JA embassy. She said that they are in touch with the embassy frequently and are writing to them on Monday. I dont know what good it will do but as I said before this is OUR EMBASSY and I think that we are treated shabbily. I said that I didnt want preferential treatment just to be treated with respect by our own embassy. I'll keep you posted.

Abbreviated Time Line

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

re-organizes???

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Texas,

But I think it was me keeping the line busy. I have never ran across such an incompetent group of people in my life. I managed to get through, and the first person that looks at the file asks me if I know why she was denied. I answer yes. She says it takes 3 years before the case can be reevaluated. I say I know, she was delcine previously and the 3 years are now up. She was declided on a K3 on Jan 7th 2004. She says hold on... 7 minutes later dial tone.

I manage to get through again, explain to the next idiot where I left off with the last. Hold on she says... 5 minutes later dial tone

I manage to get through again, explain to the next idiot where I left off with the last. Hold on she says I need to find the previous file let me get your email address... 6 minutes later dial tone

I manage to get through again, I start to explain to the next idiot where I left off with the last. Yes we've spoke she says hold on. 1 minute later dial tone.

I manage to get through again, explain to the next idiot where I left off with the last. Yes you spoke with a supervisor earlier, we have to investigate the case.

15 minutes ago I emailed them all the investigation they should need, the form that they provided during the April interview stating my wife's case will received furthur consideration after January 8th 2007. Of course I wonder if the idiots in Kingston will know how to open a PDF file. :):devil::jest:

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Timeline

Oh, yeah..I called my congressman today and put in a formal complaint about emails and phone call problems with the JA embassy. She said that they are in touch with the embassy frequently and are writing to them on Monday. I dont know what good it will do but as I said before this is OUR EMBASSY and I think that we are treated shabbily. I said that I didnt want preferential treatment just to be treated with respect by our own embassy. I'll keep you posted.

My Senator's office expects to here something from them on my case next week as well. I have been keeping them appraised as to the lack of progress in Kingston.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Timeline

Congrats Texas,

But I think it was me keeping the line busy. I have never ran across such an incompetent group of people in my life. I managed to get through, and the first person that looks at the file asks me if I know why she was denied. I answer yes. She says it takes 3 years before the case can be reevaluated. I say I know, she was delcine previously and the 3 years are now up. She was declided on a K3 on Jan 7th 2004. She says hold on... 7 minutes later dial tone.

I manage to get through again, explain to the next idiot where I left off with the last. Hold on she says... 5 minutes later dial tone

I manage to get through again, explain to the next idiot where I left off with the last. Hold on she says I need to find the previous file let me get your email address... 6 minutes later dial tone

I manage to get through again, I start to explain to the next idiot where I left off with the last. Yes we've spoke she says hold on. 1 minute later dial tone.

I manage to get through again, explain to the next idiot where I left off with the last. Yes you spoke with a supervisor earlier, we have to investigate the case.

15 minutes ago I emailed them all the investigation they should need, the form that they provided during the April interview stating my wife's case will received furthur consideration after January 8th 2007. Of course I wonder if the idiots in Kingston will know how to open a PDF file. :):devil::jest:

THAT IS CRAZY :angry: I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY TIMES YOU GOT HUNG UP ON!!!

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Our case was completed at NVC on the 17th. :dance: Now what is next. Do they send it to Kingston? I will be sending Dwain to get his police records now. I will complete another DS230 form and send it to him. Anything else?

Just keep watching. It SHOULD be in Kingston within a week. I dont think he can get the police report until he receives the 2nd package but he should go as soon after that as he can, it takes about three business days.He will also have to get his medical--remember no ganja! May speed be with you!

Thanks so much! Our case is different with the CR1 and he can now go get the police record at anytime because it is good for 6 months. He will go at the end of the month and spend the night at a hotel so he can get it the next day. Gang LOL my husband has never done and doesn't believe in gang ways. If he did we wouldn't be married. :no: thanks for the advice. I hope you get a date soon! Thanks to all you guys with the post I am going to make my senators office contact them for me. ;)

wow I can't believe they hung up that many times on you! Then the same lady talks to you again and hangs up. How rude!!

My Senator's office expects to here something from them on my case next week as well. I have been keeping them appraised as to the lack of progress in Kingston.

Wow I can't believe they hung up that many times on you! Then the same lady talks to you again and hangs up. How rude!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Does anyone now what packet 3 has in it for a CR1 visa? Does packet 3 contain medical information and police record information? I know packet 4 is the interview date.

anyone know this? Thanks for all your help guys!!! (L)

Go Bears!! Okay and I know everyone else waints the Saints to win except for us in Chicago....

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Eric,

Hang in there. I cant believe how unprofessional and incompetent these people are. If only one of them could be in our shoes for a few months. My next fantasy is that I want to volunteer one summer to work at the embassy just answering peoples emails and phone calls so at least we could get some answers. Something smells funny to me. Why dont they hire more people or at least people that care! I am amazed that you were able to get through to a live person. May I ask what number you are calling and what choices you are making with the automated system. I have tried two options and they both just disconnect me. Good Luck with your case! :)

Abbreviated Time Line

re-organizes???

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

Timeline

Eric,

Hang in there. I cant believe how unprofessional and incompetent these people are. If only one of them could be in our shoes for a few months. My next fantasy is that I want to volunteer one summer to work at the embassy just answering peoples emails and phone calls so at least we could get some answers. Something smells funny to me. Why dont they hire more people or at least people that care! I am amazed that you were able to get through to a live person. May I ask what number you are calling and what choices you are making with the automated system. I have tried two options and they both just disconnect me. Good Luck with your case! :)

876-702-6000 1 3 3

It does go straight to a beep and disconnect often.

It is the mission of the US Embassy in Jamaica to keep Jamaicans in Jamaica any way they can, that is all there is to it.

I think they are scrambling to find another way to keep her out, I don't think anyone there expected someone to actually come back after the 3 years were up. They expect that the delay would end the relationship. I'll admit it came close a few times, but dammit they are going to let her in or I will get her here another way. They have NO RIGHT. I'll insist on a jury trial if I get caught. But that's still a while off. I'm going to fight them. Worse case she'll get in line with the mexicans for amnesty.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Timeline

Eric,

You deserve a medal for being so strong and fighting for what you believe in. Nuff respect to you, brother. I wish there were more men like you in this world. When (and not if) this ordeal comes to an end and she is home with you, be sure to have a huge celebration. A bashment even - disturb the neighbours and all. Send me a copy of your memoirs when you get around to writing it!

You hang in there, it will pay off in the end.

Mars.

From a little cottage in Negril all the way to Vermont.[br].png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
TGIFriday!

Rhonda and hubby: have a great time in Barbados! Can't wait to hear about your trip

Nannygirl: congrats on setting a date! We waited about a month and a half before we were wed. Are you having civil ceremony (city hall) or planning a wedding?

Everyone waiting for Embassy to give them interview dates: good luck!

no we are going to the jp...i wanted to plan a wedding but i just don't have the time to do it...maybe for our year anniversery i'll go all out..

yay!!! Congratz :dance: :dance:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

you know the JA embassy is horrible....i remember calling them all the time about mike's interview and trying to get a hold of them for his visa...oh ya and when mike got turned away to hand in the co-sponser papers because they decided they weren't going to take any blue paper forms today...and the RUDE RUDE lady that talked to my mother about mike's visa...i wrote to my Senator...and they said they were looking into it might call them to talk to them about the way they treat us...but weren't going to really file anything because everything got resolved...but hey the more people that comlpain maybe they will have to change the way they do thing!

Well I got my interview date on friday!! it's March 13th!!!.... I tried a million times and the calls would never get through to the immigration assistance.. So after i got into the Immigrant visa section I just pressed 0.... and then I was able to speak to someone.. I'm so happy i finally have a date.. I can stop calling and being angry over ignored emails...

good luck to everyone and just hold on...

even now my journey is still not over but soon

cam

Filed: Timeline
Well I got my interview date on friday!! it's March 13th!!!.... I tried a million times and the calls would never get through to the immigration assistance.. So after i got into the Immigrant visa section I just pressed 0.... and then I was able to speak to someone.. I'm so happy i finally have a date.. I can stop calling and being angry over ignored emails...

good luck to everyone and just hold on...

even now my journey is still not over but soon

cam

Congrats!! Texasbound's interview is also on March 13th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.