Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks CT and Nyseness! I'm so excited, yet a little scared!

I think I'm still in shock to think that he'll be here in 2 weeks!!!! YIKES! And to think, I'm not even the one leaving everything to come here. Poor guy will be in a house full of 5 girls (me, my daughter, his daughter and my two girl dogs). I thank god that he has the patients he does. I think my poor bulldog will be the first one to have a breakdown when they get here. LOL.. she's not too fond of strange men!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Rachelle Congratulations!! Thanks for the post on your interview :thumbs:

Hello...hope all is having a nice weekend.

I know this might be a silly question but I forgot how the NOA1 work. I recv'd mine Saturday but the receipt date is different from the date online. When I checked my case online it states my I-130 was recv'd on 1/6 but on my NOA1 the receipt date is 12/29 and the notice date is 1/9. Which date is the actual NOA1 date?

The one you got in the mail is right!

The only case status sometimes doesn't get up to date and may not change status as quickly.

My online case status hasn't changed since the start of November.

Hello...hope all is having a nice weekend.

I know this might be a silly question but I forgot how the NOA1 work. I recv'd mine Saturday but the receipt date is different from the date online. When I checked my case online it states my I-130 was recv'd on 1/6 but on my NOA1 the receipt date is 12/29 and the notice date is 1/9. Which date is the actual NOA1 date?

Ok got ya. Just go with the recipt date because it is physical eveidence. Wow that is werid..

The one you got in the mail is right!

The only case status sometimes doesn't get up to date and may not change status as quickly.

My online case status hasn't changed since the start of November.

I'm not looking for the case status to change but the date is confusing to me because I mailed my petition on 12/30 and the receipt date says 12/29. I figured they made a mistake and the correct date is 1/6 which is posted online.

Ok got ya. Sorry.. Just go with the recipt date because it is physical eveidence. Wow that is werid..

The

Am I the only one at work today?!?!?!?!?

:whistle:

Nope I had to teach today! Wondering if we were the only school to have school today. There was only one other school next to us who was in and they started 2 hours late because of the weather.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Other Timeline
Boy its COOOOLD here, it was 8 windchill here most of the day. Guess KC got hammered from what I hear tho with snow and ice. Dee, how ya doin? Bad weather??? And did you go to the apptmt on Thursday. Thats crazy that no one bothers to even look at his birthdate and put 2 and 2 together, sheesh! I would be ready to go nutz on their a$$e$.

Yes, winter finially arrived. We are slowly thawing out!!

Yeah, I went they told me the same thing the congress woman told us. That our case is already for approval. That we needed to write a letter to our officer asking what the hold up was. The congress lady called him. He states he still wants to review this damn file....Can some one tell me why it has taken 8 months to get this sooo called file?? :blink: No noone knows. Only that it won't be more than a month or so. Yeah right!!!! How is it coming on feet??? Hubby is really pissed. Some times I think he's having visual hallucinations of JA in his sleep. Not to mention the fact that he is ready to go see his daughter!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline
Boy its COOOOLD here, it was 8 windchill here most of the day. Guess KC got hammered from what I hear tho with snow and ice. Dee, how ya doin? Bad weather??? And did you go to the apptmt on Thursday. Thats crazy that no one bothers to even look at his birthdate and put 2 and 2 together, sheesh! I would be ready to go nutz on their a$$e$.

Yes, winter finially arrived. We are slowly thawing out!!

Yeah, I went they told me the same thing the congress woman told us. That our case is already for approval. That we needed to write a letter to our officer asking what the hold up was. The congress lady called him. He states he still wants to review this damn file....Can some one tell me why it has taken 8 months to get this sooo called file?? :blink: No noone knows. Only that it won't be more than a month or so. Yeah right!!!! How is it coming on feet??? Hubby is really pissed. Some times I think he's having visual hallucinations of JA in his sleep. Not to mention the fact that he is ready to go see his daughter!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Good evening family,

Wow, the weather is plumb awful. We had about 10 inches of drifted snow, but not as bad as the last snow a week an half ago. But its sooooo cold. The high today was 7 degrees and tonite they call for minus 10 to 15. OUCH! At least we have power tho, I guess a LOT of folks in Missouri lost power with this storm. I cant even imagine what you do without a gas range in this weather without power!!! We did lose power for a week in 97 and I kept tellin mom after that we were buying a GAS stove next time, but Mom an sis went out last year (without me) and got one and didnt get gas. Now sis is worried bout losing power and what we would do??? Goofy woman. Anyhow, the neighbors are soooo sweet, they did our double drive and both sidewalks (corner lot) and so we made them a pie and took them over a couple of pie's. MUCH rather make a pie than shovel or snowblow that mess! :whistle:

We leave for Hawaii in 9 days, I am sooooooo looking forward to it. Never been there before, really would have liked to go there on honeymoon with my sweetie, but if silly sweetie is gonna run off to his other fam in Guyana for six weeks and get us in debt, we might as well go for it and let me have some fun too. :devil: So mom, sis an me are off to paradise for about 11 days.

Dee. u are in apartment, no? IF not, what does dear hubby think bout "digging out"? What a winter for us midwesterners. And to think things looked so calm in November and first of December.

TAke care everyone

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Timeline

Hello my ETJ family!

Well, Marlon called me yesterday to let me know that he received his divorce decree finally! YAY! That means he will be sending me everything so we can file the petition soon! Hopefully by next week! I am so excited and a bit nervous, school started for me this week and this semester will certainly kick my ####### but it's my LAST semester! When it rains it pours 'eh? lol

Welcome to the new people!

I just wanted to say thanks again for all the support that I get from you guys and this website. I would be soooo lost without you! Be prepared for a million last minute questions next week!

Filed: Timeline

Hello my VJ family!

Well, Marlon called me yesterday to let me know that he received his divorce decree finally! YAY! That means he will be sending me everything so we can file the petition soon! Hopefully by next week! I am so excited and a bit nervous, school started for me this week and this semester will certainly kick my ####### but it's my LAST semester! When it rains it pours 'eh? lol

Welcome to the new people!

I just wanted to say thanks again for all the support that I get from you guys and this website. I would be soooo lost without you! Be prepared for a million last minute questions next week!

Sorry about the duplicate posts, I feel like a tard I meant VJ family but I put ETJ, I was thinking of the other site I hardly visit anymore! lol

Edited by FutureMrs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Hello all

Hello my Yardie family,

I haven't posted as much since my honey's here. Just a tad bit busy. Well we did the SS card thing , had one problem agent said they couldn't acceot his i-94 because it was altered. The immigration officer in Miami stamped the wrong date put a line through it and restamped it. So please if they make a error make them redo the whole thing. SS agent then went into the computer and dates matched so she went a head and filed for the card ,which should arrive in 10 days. We also went to the court house filed for marrige licence, piece of cake.

I will be Mrs Verton White on my B-day which is Friday 01/19/2007.

Now my AOS journey begins :crying: . I have just finally stopped breaking out in hives from the K-1 :lol: .

Best wishes to all those that are waiting and all those that have just begun.

We have 65 degree weather in GA. I still know it's going to get cold soon :whistle: .

Edited by morantbaygirl

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Jax-- How excited are you about the Bears? Going to the game this Sunday?

Rachelle-- Contratulations!! Thanks for posting so much info....that will definitely help many people especially since (I think) you are the first person to have an interview at the new Embassy.

Tanya-- Yipee!! SS can be so frustrating. Lucky the dates matched up. Friday will be here before you know it :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Good evening family,

Wow, the weather is plumb awful. We had about 10 inches of drifted snow, but not as bad as the last snow a week an half ago. But its sooooo cold. The high today was 7 degrees and tonite they call for minus 10 to 15. OUCH! At least we have power tho, I guess a LOT of folks in Missouri lost power with this storm. I cant even imagine what you do without a gas range in this weather without power!!! We did lose power for a week in 97 and I kept tellin mom after that we were buying a GAS stove next time, but Mom an sis went out last year (without me) and got one and didnt get gas. Now sis is worried bout losing power and what we would do??? Goofy woman. Anyhow, the neighbors are soooo sweet, they did our double drive and both sidewalks (corner lot) and so we made them a pie and took them over a couple of pie's. MUCH rather make a pie than shovel or snowblow that mess! :whistle:

We leave for Hawaii in 9 days, I am sooooooo looking forward to it. Never been there before, really would have liked to go there on honeymoon with my sweetie, but if silly sweetie is gonna run off to his other fam in Guyana for six weeks and get us in debt, we might as well go for it and let me have some fun too. :devil: So mom, sis an me are off to paradise for about 11 days.

Dee. u are in apartment, no? IF not, what does dear hubby think bout "digging out"? What a winter for us midwesterners. And to think things looked so calm in November and first of December.

TAke care everyone

Jill

I am so jealous about your trip to paradise!!!

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

I think I'm still in shock to think that he'll be here in 2 weeks!!!! YIKES! And to think, I'm not even the one leaving everything to come here. Poor guy will be in a house full of 5 girls (me, my daughter, his daughter and my two girl dogs). I thank god that he has the patients he does. I think my poor bulldog will be the first one to have a breakdown when they get here. LOL.. she's not too fond of strange men!

I understand but be prepared for you to have a breakdown not the dog. Everyone will come to you for the solution to all problems :blink: . But girl it is so worth the trouble once he is here. :dance:

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh boy, that's what I'm affraid of! :wacko: I can't imagine doing what he's doing, moving to a completely new place and leaving everything he's ever know, so I'll have to remind myself of this before I blow a gasket! ;) He's already seem that a couple times and it's not pretty! :whistle: Plus I have to learn how to handle a 6 year old again too! YIKES!

I understand but be prepared for you to have a breakdown not the dog. Everyone will come to you for the solution to all problems :blink: . But girl it is so worth the trouble once he is here. :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.