Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well I guess my RFE isn't really an RFE. Someone told me this information as soon as they finish reviewing I-864, the computer automatically generates the letter withouht verifying that if it has received the DS 230. I sent the DS 230 so I will call them on Tuesday to see if they have it. My friend said the same thing happened to him and he bets they have it. Feww When he got that letter NVC approved his case 2 weeks after that. So now I am all calm again and maybe my love bug will be here soon.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Another question!!

As you can tell I am having THOUGHTS running through my head :idea:

Is there anyone on this board who is American and moved to Jamaica to be with there SO? I'm contemplating it - I thought about filing bankruptcy and running away from this place I call MY COUNTRY - Why are they so strict? Some people can walk across the boarder but the man I love can't get here before jumping over hurdles.

Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, just venting!

Hi,

Yes, I have twice, several years ago. Depending on the area you live in there might be quite an adjustment. I was in Negril both times and was quite bored the adjustment of not having American things ie, movieplex, 24 hour services, washer & dryers, friends, book stores, malls, was not too bad.

Hello,

I am newly married to a wonderful man that I met in Jamaica.We are very much in love and passionate about being together. This feels like forever!

I think about moving there often. My husband lives in the country, its nice and easy and slow. I have a 21 month old son who I think would have a lot of fun there. But what do I do for money?? We have been married two months and my phone bills was 2x the rent! its crazy! I miss him like crazy though so when your ready let me know!

Welcome to the yardies and VJ Mrs. Forrester. How is your visa process going? All the best with the K-3 or CR-1 visa :)!

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Mrs. Forrester what a wonderful picture u too look so beautiful together!

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Whaaghan my Yardies Family-

I know...It has been forever since I posted. Things have been great!!! Duane and I are busy living life and loving each other. :luv: Sounds crazy but real!! I tried to catch up a little but I am so far behind that it was pointless. Looks like we have some newbies so welcome everyone!! I hope all the "oldies" are doing great too!!! :D

We are still waiting for the EAD to arrive in the mail. We received a notice from USCIS saying it was returned by the post office as undeliverable.....another joke!!! Just another darn delay in this process...... :angry: We set up an infopass appointment with our local immigration office so hopefully that will come through........Still waiting for AOS FBI checks to clear.... :whistle:

Duane has been busy with his artwork. He is having his first Solo-Exhibition on the 28th so we are busy getting all of that together. He has sold a lot of work so that has helped with the financial stress.....Things are still all bad concerning his son. Last time I posted I mentioned that his crazy ex took his 6 year old son from Jamaica and we thought they were in England...well...it has been over 8 weeks and Duane has still not heard from his son and has no idea where they are. We received information that they are actually in the USA. We have an appointment with the FBI and Dept of State next week. They opened kidnapping charges against her and will help us track that wicked BIIIITCH down. I hope that crazy, evil, wicked women gets locked up for good!!! Since Duane raised his son for 5 years while she was in England, he is going crazy.....I am sure his little boy is devasted. He does not even know his mother well. If we find him, we are filing for custody....As you can imagine, Duane is hurting bad. He has some really hard days but he is trying to keep busy so that he can function. I know I am a grown women but if I ever see that wicked witch....I will revert back to my "ghetto side" and whoop her ASSSSS!!!! :devil:

We had a really nice Holiday Season and it was fun sharing our family traditions with Duane. Next year, we decided that we would go back to Jamaica for Christmas/New Years. Can not wait!!!! I miss Jamaica...... We are also going back in the next couple months because he misses his daughter. At least her mother is normal and acts cool.

My son is adjusting better. He and Duane actually hang out and they enjoy each others company. That has been a nice transition......

Duane and I have been working alot....he goes to his studio daily and I have 2 jobs.....he is still in school and doing really good. He is studying for his driver's liscense but we need to wait for the green card before he can go take the test. (this is crazy California!!!!) So...this leaves very little time to get on VJ and chat!! Just know that I think of all you often and we are truly doing GREAT...HE is my BOO, Best Friend and SOOOOO much more!! It has been worth all the waiting and crazy VISA process!!! Trust me newbies.......it is worth all the stress in the end!!! :wub::wub:

I miss all of you lots and could never have made it through this without all of your help and support!!! I could have never done this without you!! I will try to stop by more frequently....Have a safe and prosperous New Year!!!

Take care-

Kim (L)

Hi Kim it is good to hear from you! Looks like everything is going well for you both. All the best with the FBI and get Duane's son back. I hope that works out. Keep us posted! All the best :)!!!!!!!!!!!!

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Darlene - I am SO happy for you! Best of luck with your journey!

This weekend I am going flower shopping with my sister for her wedding! YEA! :wacko:

What flowers did your sister pick out? When is she getting married?

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Michele,

How is everything going with you? Are u planning any trips in the near future?

Take Care :)

Hi everyone...Long time no chat!

I just wanted to say hello and congrats to all the arrivals, approvals and anniversaries! It's so exciting. I'm also posting to let you all know that we are officially moving at the end of the month. We are going to Raleigh/Chapel Hill, NC. We went down on New Years weekend to scope it out and really liked it. We are packing up and driving down to start a new beginning. We ate at a really great Jamaican restaurant and went to a nice market, it was really good to have those familiar things around us. The job search is on but we are taking the plunge even with no offers yet. We've been saving up for this and saving up for a house. Hopefully we will find it all there!

I'm so excited. Well, except for having to change address with USCIS and changing local offices. But at least we're doing it with good amount of time before we "remove conditions" in November.

I'm around so let me know your thoughts.

Peace and love (L)

Doodle good luck with your move!! Great to see u on again.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good evening fam (F)

Mrs. Forrester - welcome

Kim - good luck with the FBI appt, and receiving your EAD card

Doodle - all the best on your move

Dee - just read your signature...does that mean you have more waiting to do to get greencard?

Rhonda & Tony - I am so jealous of your upcoming trip to Barbados! Please pm me when you have a chance

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline
Michele,

Hi Jax,

Over the last couple of months it's been kind of rough but I'm hanging in there. There have been major layoffs where I work and I believe that there's another round coming so I dont' have any trips planned in the near future. Once I see some stability in my job situation I'm sure I'll be going somewhere though.

Thanks for asking.

Glad to hear that your case should be back on track soon. Before you know it Duane will be here.

********************************************************************************

Kim good to hear from you and glad to hear things are going well with your family. Hopefully Duane's son can be found soon.

I'm sure they will catch up with her sooner or later.

Good morning!

Looks like winter will finally arrive to New England in the next few days.

Timeline

Go Bears!! Going to freeze oh boy!

Michele,

Hi Jax,

Over the last couple of months it's been kind of rough but I'm hanging in there. There have been major layoffs where I work and I believe that there's another round coming so I dont' have any trips planned in the near future. Once I see some stability in my job situation I'm sure I'll be going somewhere though.

Thanks for asking.

Glad to hear that your case should be back on track soon. Before you know it Duane will be here.

********************************************************************************

Kim good to hear from you and glad to hear things are going well with your family. Hopefully Duane's son can be found soon.

I'm sure they will catch up with her sooner or later.

Good morning!

Michele,

I hope everything looks up for you and your fellow coworkers!

Looks like winter will finally arrive to New England in the next few days.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Anyone see this???

Man who wants wife’s last name files lawsuit

Husband sues California for discrimination because of complex process

Interesting.....give props to this couple !!! He was estranged from his own father and was not attached to his own last name and she had no brothers but wanted to prolong the family name.

I'm keeping my name for personal reasons as well.

DARN Ravens !!! What a crappy game yesterday !!!!

Kelly

Timeline
Another question!!

As you can tell I am having THOUGHTS running through my head :idea:

Is there anyone on this board who is American and moved to Jamaica to be with there SO? I'm contemplating it - I thought about filing bankruptcy and running away from this place I call MY COUNTRY - Why are they so strict? Some people can walk across the boarder but the man I love can't get here before jumping over hurdles.

Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, just venting!

Hi,

Yes, I have twice, several years ago. Depending on the area you live in there might be quite an adjustment. I was in Negril both times and was quite bored the adjustment of not having American things ie, movieplex, 24 hour services, washer & dryers, friends, book stores, malls, was not too bad.

Hello,

I am newly married to a wonderful man that I met in Jamaica.We are very much in love and passionate about being together. This feels like forever!

I think about moving there often. My husband lives in the country, its nice and easy and slow. I have a 21 month old son who I think would have a lot of fun there. But what do I do for money?? We have been married two months and my phone bills was 2x the rent! its crazy! I miss him like crazy though so when your ready let me know!

Welcome to the yardies and VJ Mrs. Forrester. How is your visa process going? All the best with the K-3 or CR-1 visa :)!

I've lived in JA he majority of the last 3 years, due to Visa problems. It's not something I would reccommend. You will have to deal with JA immigration and work permit waivers. Formalities mostly, don't expect any problems there. I actually avoided that by claiming citizenship. Mom is from JA. Salaries are extremely low by US standards. Cost of living is much higher to live at US standards.

Here is the big drawback, if you later want to bring your SO to the US, you will have no acceptable income for the Affidavit of Support. I work for a US company with an office in JA, so I've been able to come and go fairly regularly.

Wait it out. Make sure him na smoke ganja. If he does he needs to stop now and lie. Other drugs can be a problem too, but this is the Kingston embassys favorite way to keep Jamaicans in Jamaica.

Try to have him get a home phone, prepaid cost next to nothing. Hopefully next month there will be a way for you to get an internet phone at home with a JA phone number.

Good luck.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Timeline

Bears Win. Bring the Saints!!! Whoopie...

I agree with Eric on the living sistuation. I interviewed for a high school music teacher postion in Montego Bay and I was only going to get paid 5 thousand dollars for the whole year let see in the USA we make 5 times as much.

Bring the snow tonight I can't wait... hoping at least 3 inches!! yeah

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
Darlene - I am SO happy for you! Best of luck with your journey!

This weekend I am going flower shopping with my sister for her wedding! YEA! :wacko:

What flowers did your sister pick out? When is she getting married?

Ummm. I can not honestly tell you the name of the flowers she picked out - I am dumb when it comes to that stuff. I know they are hot pink and light purple and some green, it looks pretty! She gets married June 16th!!! NOT SOON ENOUGH!

Here is the big drawback, if you later want to bring your SO to the US, you will have no acceptable income for the Affidavit of Support
That's interesting....never even thought of that.....Thanks Eric!! That little tidbit will help a lot of people

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

Hello...hope all is having a nice weekend.

I know this might be a silly question but I forgot how the NOA1 work. I recv'd mine Saturday but the receipt date is different from the date online. When I checked my case online it states my I-130 was recv'd on 1/6 but on my NOA1 the receipt date is 12/29 and the notice date is 1/9. Which date is the actual NOA1 date?

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.