Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Did anyone do anything this past weekend or have plans for the JA Independence Day holiday observed tomorrow?

Kim, how's Duane doing today?

Thanks for asking...he seems to be a little better.....I am making brown stew chicken with rice and peas for dinner...I thought I would stick to some JA food to make him feel a little better....

Thanks for the thoughts Julie and Elizabeth.....like you said Elizabeth, maybe someone with kids will chime in and have some advice ........Julie...make sure to let us know!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Okay...I need to B...ITCH.....a little........So...I went ahead and posted our situation about Duane missing his kids yesterday in the main forum on VJ......I thought I would ask for some advice from anyone else who has experienced a similar situation.....

Instead...I get responses telling me that this is why I should have gone the CR-1 route.......and if my fiancee is working temporarily, he better have EAD......((((Hello people))).....did I ask for any of that???.....NO..... :no::no: So.....this is why I stick to the yardies thread and I just can not stand posting in the main forum anymore......those people and their stupid comments make me sick.......sorry guys...just had to get that off my chest!!!! I feel better now!!!

PART 2 BEGINS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Waving to everyone

(L) Jax (F) can't wait to see your wedding photos!

Hey Woogie - keeping you two in prayer

Kim - I stay outta general threads for the most part also. I hope your man finds a way to cope. Have you tried the JA restaurant in Oakland yet?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline

Happy Monday my lovelies. I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Squito got his first week's pay. He's on cloud 9. :dance::dance::dance: His job is paying him very well. Even better than we both expected. :yes: He even gave me money to go get my nails and toes done yesterday. It made him feel so good to do that :luv: Things are looking up. I hope anyone who is debating going through this process or currently going throw it but worried, please know that good things come to those who wait.

Filed: Other Timeline
He finally got to sleep...I held him until he fell asleep but..I am at work now and I need advice!!! Have any of you experienced this before?????.....I remember reading that Dee and Dave had similar issues with his daughter.....What can/should I do???? I am a mommy so I completely understand his pain but I do not know what else to do!!! IDEAS????

Sorry to say :blush: we are still dealing with the same issues. He misses his daughter so much. I don't think there is much we can do to help. He speaks to her on a daily basis. It brings him joy just to hear her voice. I was hoping to surprise him with a trip back when ever he gets his green card. :crying:. I would keep doing what you are doing, encouraging him. Finding ways to support the kids while he's away. I brings David comfort knowing that his daughter isn't wanting for anything. She passed the test, I think it's called the G-stat. So that she is able to continue in school for now. We will be sending her book supplies soon. He scored high enough that she was able to get a sponsor to pay for her schooling, so David was really happy to hear about that. I was hoping that we will be able to take them down to her. I e-mailed the embassy several times no response so we will most likely have to refile her case and include at blood test. We have long way to go before she can come to live with us.

Kim - I stay outta general threads for the most part also.

I learned a long time a go to stay out of general threads, people are soo mean. I post a comment about D's reactions to gays and all S#@% hit the fan :wacko::blink:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Did anyone do anything this past weekend or have plans for the JA Independence Day holiday observed tomorrow?

We (me, Craig and my son) went to Washington DC for their Independence celebration at the OAS (in the gardens). It was such a really cool day. It was a bummer this year, that you had to pay for food....last year, it was ALL you can eat food for free all day....although they still had free flowing Red Stripe and thank god I brought some a little extra food with us, but.... they flippin ran OUT of the beer before the main band came on....also the music wasn't as great as this year compared to last year. I really liked Kimani (sp?) Marley and then Bare Essentials was there again. The MC was DJ Jerry...he's a trip. There were TONS of people there. Craig LOVED taking the train into DC....actually he really liked walking around DC and seeing the White House and it was nice to see him "regroup". He's been working 10-11 hour days and even worked on Sat. He LOVES his job ....they also fired 7 people on Friday for just "sitting around". So he knows, you don't work hard, you lose your job...just like that !!

Shemonya, thanks for the info...preciate the help!! One of these days we're going to HAVE to meet up with each in person woman !!

Kim, that's a tough one...I'll email ya back today (or tomorrow).

Julie....good luck to ya ! Aaaahhhh remembering that anticipation !!!

Dru....it's sooooooooooooooo hard for them to really realize how it is here, until they get here and experience everything 1st hand. Craig still has ALOT of issues about how things are here "rules"....etc, how people treat one another, but that also stems from WHAT they hear down there....which is ALOT of misinformation!!! Just try to keep reassuring him.....and once he gets here, settles in ....then you can move to the next step...

Squitto...congrats on Mr's job ...that was so darn sweet of him to splurge on ya !!

Michele...sitting on the deck, having a cup of .....sounds nice and relaxing. I'm glad that Tristan is feeling better.

Have a great week everyone !!!

Kelly :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning all,

Hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. I spent it shopping for back to school stuff for my daughter and Sunday we went to an Independence Celebration, it was great seeing everyone coming out in the colors representing. Hope everyone is having a great Monday.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

He finally got to sleep...I held him until he fell asleep but..I am at work now and I need advice!!! Have any of you experienced this before?????.....I remember reading that Dee and Dave had similar issues with his daughter.....What can/should I do???? I am a mommy so I completely understand his pain but I do not know what else to do!!! IDEAS????

Sorry to say :blush: we are still dealing with the same issues. He misses his daughter so much. I don't think there is much we can do to help. He speaks to her on a daily basis. It brings him joy just to hear her voice. I was hoping to surprise him with a trip back when ever he gets his green card. :crying:. I would keep doing what you are doing, encouraging him. Finding ways to support the kids while he's away. I brings David comfort knowing that his daughter isn't wanting for anything. She passed the test, I think it's called the G-stat. So that she is able to continue in school for now. We will be sending her book supplies soon. He scored high enough that she was able to get a sponsor to pay for her schooling, so David was really happy to hear about that. I was hoping that we will be able to take them down to her. I e-mailed the embassy several times no response so we will most likely have to refile her case and include at blood test. We have long way to go before she can come to live with us.

Kim - I stay outta general threads for the most part also.

I learned a long time a go to stay out of general threads, people are soo mean. I post a comment about D's reactions to gays and all S#@% hit the fan :wacko::blink:

Yep, I learned my lesson..I will stick to the yardies thread from now on!!!!....

Thanks to all for the support............it is pretty tough but he seemed better after I cooked a "VERY NICE" Jamaican dinner........ :thumbs::thumbs:

Kelly- Glad to hear that you had a nice weekend....sounds like the job is agreeing with Craig..that is wonderful news!!! (L)

Jonesie-We have not had the chance to check out the JA restaurant in Oakland yet but I "threw down" in the kitchen last night and he was extra happy!!! :whistle:

Ms. Squito- That was sooo sweet..what a nice hubby!!! (F)

Jax-Congratz girl!!!

Julie-The ANTICIPATION.....................It will soon come......

Have a nice Monday gyals!!!

PART 2 BEGINS

Timeline

Hi Michele!!!

Thanks for reminding us about Shar's interview tomorrow and Jonesie's Wednesday !!!

Good luck Shar and Jonesie!! We are with you girls!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by kimlbs

PART 2 BEGINS

Timeline

Hi Guys!

WOW! You all sound like things are doing so well. I couldn't keep track of all the blessings. I know Julie is about to have the lil bundle of joy, Squitto got a great job, some new men have arrived to be with their sweeties, weddings are planned or have already occurred. Wow. That's all great news. Keep it up ladies. You're a great network that is much needed during this process. And if you ever (finally) plan a link up, please keep my posted. I know Anna, Popcorn, Shemanya or Jamie will keep me in the loop.

Love to you all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Jill,

Nice to see you around these parts again. Hope all is well.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Kim -- I wish I had some words of wisdom.....I have to assume that it does get better with time. Roy doesn't have any children <at least that I know of :unsure: > but it was really hard for him in the early days missing his friends and family. I know it's not the same but he went from calling EVERYBODY every day to now only checking in every few weeks......it's daunting but it does get better.

Woogie -- Glad you checked in. I agree with everyone else. Trevor is probably just having "cold feet." Try really hard to get to the bottom of the problem....

Squitto -- What color are those toes???? :lol:

Elias -- You're late for the party!!! :clock:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Kim -- I wish I had some words of wisdom.....I have to assume that it does get better with time. Roy doesn't have any children <at least that I know of :unsure: > but it was really hard for him in the early days missing his friends and family. I know it's not the same but he went from calling EVERYBODY every day to now only checking in every few weeks......it's daunting but it does get better.

Woogie -- Glad you checked in. I agree with everyone else. Trevor is probably just having "cold feet." Try really hard to get to the bottom of the problem....

Squitto -- What color are those toes???? :lol:

Elias -- You're late for the party!!! :clock:

WOOOHOO!!!! You mean they adventually STOP calling EVERYBODY everyday!!!! :P:P

I told him that my calling cards were costing me more that he arrived then before when he was in Jamaica!!! :whistle::whistle:

But......I can't complain, I would probably be doing the same thing and I just keep hoping that he will continue to get more settled in and call less frequently!! So..you have re-assured me......Thanks!! :luv:

PART 2 BEGINS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey CJ (F)

Thanks everyone for well wishes

Hubby has a job interview at 10:30am, immediately following AOS interview (8:30am)! I am praying that all goes quick. The employer was nice and said if we are running late then she will see him on Thursday but he doesn't want to miss any more days of school than necessary :blush: he's more nervous (and excited) about the job interview than AOS :lol:

Shar - good luck tomorrow :thumbs:

I told him that my calling cards were costing me more that he arrived then before when he was in Jamaica!!! :whistle::whistle:

But......I can't complain, I would probably be doing the same thing and I just keep hoping that he will continue to get more settled in and call less frequently!! So..you have re-assured me......Thanks!! :luv:

If I'm not mistaken, Talk America has long distance and international plan where calls to JA (landline and cell) are about 18 cents a minute (unless they went up). A friend of mine has it and I have yet to see such a low cost plan.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.