Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

I found a phone card for 7 cents a minute. It is on the web site http://www.therichcom.com/ and I used the I Chat phone card. IDT was painful at 25 cents a minute pinzoo still painful.

Sounds awesome! Is that rate good for calling cell phones too? A lot of the companies have a seperate (higher) rate for cell phones.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damien and I celebrated 2 our anniversary today :wub: Looking forward to many more...

CONGRATULATIONS :dance: Hope you have many more to come.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

I found a phone card for 7 cents a minute. It is on the web site http://www.therichcom.com/ and I used the I Chat phone card. IDT was painful at 25 cents a minute pinzoo still painful.

Sounds awesome! Is that rate good for calling cell phones too? A lot of the companies have a seperate (higher) rate for cell phones.

I looked it up and it's not good for calling cell phones. It's 27 cents a minute :o I was bored at work and looked up a bunch of them you guys have recommended. phone-card-pin.com is pretty good - only 16.4 cents a minute. Mobilecaller.com was the cheapest rate at 15 cents a minute. I'm switching to them because everyone Tony calls has a cell # and no home phone. Thank you for whoever recommended this one :luv:

**Disclaimer: these rates are ONLY for calling cell phones in JA. The regular rates are much lower if you're calling a land-line.

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok. We are filling out the G-325A Bio Info form and Marsh swears he does not have a street address or number.

What do I put for this?

Anyone else confirm this?

hahahah

Thanks so much!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok. We are filling out the G-325A Bio Info form and Marsh swears he does not have a street address or number.

What do I put for this?

Anyone else confirm this?

hahahah

Thanks so much!!

It is ususally a PO number. Berts was Coolshade, Laughlands PO #17, St. Anns Bay.

Trust me we went through this a hundred time as all I had to list is the Laughlands PO# and St. Anns.

Strange as it seems that is how it is.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline
What's up yaardies fam! I haven't been here in a while, but honestly, I've just been going through a whole lot since the fiasco back in Dec...you know, when things don't go according to plan, your entire existence can be thrown totally out of whack---but slowly, I am trying to get back to some routine and get myself together for the next step in this process...I've see since I've been gone that I've offended some folks....to that I say....Sorry...I felt what I felt, just like you felt what you felt....if that offended you, wasn't intentional...for the rest of you---GOOD LUCK on your upcoming journeys into the new year....for the record, I am NOW planning a destination wedding to Runaway Bay for Oct. of this year...we are not going to let anything negative get in the way of our wanting to be together and celebrate in love!! I will keep you posted with further plans--and if any of you are down there and want to drop by--FEEL FREE!!! I'm actually more excited now about the wedding being down there and having my family and friends experience all of the joy, beauty, and love that is JAMAICA!

All the best with your wedding plans. Keep in touch!

Hello family.

Damien and I celebrated 2 our anniversary today :wub: Looking forward to many more...

My mother reserved a nice hotel room for us last night. I decided to keep it a secret from Damien. My friends decorated the room with balloons, rose petals, heart shaped confetti, and Hershey Kisses (heart shape on the bed). They also put Appleton rum, chocolate fondue with strawberries and oils for massages in our room. We had a wonderful night. Damien was pleasantly surprised.

Happy Anniversary! Wow you went all out it sounds so wonderful!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Good morning!

Only 3 more sleeps and he will be here. I feel like I am counting down for a trip to Jamaica. :dance::dance:

Then we can argue (or should I say) disagree face to face. I don't know if it is because he is getting nervous but he has be short with me. :yes: Oh well, it is the beginning. :whistle:

He will be coming in either at 9:30 pm if all goes well with immigration at JFK or he can catch the 10:00 pm flight and get into Boston at 11:30. I am taking Friday off so we can go out and about and Monday is MLK holiday and I have that off too.

I guess I am getting nervous too!! :)

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

I looked it up and it's not good for calling cell phones. It's 27 cents a minute :o I was bored at work and looked up a bunch of them you guys have recommended. phone-card-pin.com is pretty good - only 16.4 cents a minute. Mobilecaller.com was the cheapest rate at 15 cents a minute. I'm switching to them because everyone Tony calls has a cell # and no home phone. Thank you for whoever recommended this one :luv:

**Disclaimer: these rates are ONLY for calling cell phones in JA. The regular rates are much lower if you're calling a land-line.

Are u sure because it says Jamaica cell phone calls at 6.9 cents for I Chat. I used it all day yesterday. You have to choose Jamaica or Jamaica cell on the list.

Good morning!

Only 3 more sleeps and he will be here. I feel like I am counting down for a trip to Jamaica. :dance::dance:

Then we can argue (or should I say) disagree face to face. I don't know if it is because he is getting nervous but he has be short with me. :yes: Oh well, it is the beginning. :whistle:

He will be coming in either at 9:30 pm if all goes well with immigration at JFK or he can catch the 10:00 pm flight and get into Boston at 11:30. I am taking Friday off so we can go out and about and Monday is MLK holiday and I have that off too.

Congratulations and all the best when he gets here how exciting!!

Everyone have a wonderful Monday!

Work time :)!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Are u sure because it says Jamaica cell phone calls at 6.9 cents for I Chat. I used it all day yesterday. You have to choose Jamaica or Jamaica cell on the list.

I used it yesterday as well and it is 6.9 cents/min for cell phones

Good morning!

Congratulations and all the best when he gets here how exciting!!

Everyone have a wonderful Monday!

Work time :)!!

Congrats Darlene! Thats so exciting!!!! :dance:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline

Question for the married ladies..Did you change your name when you got married?

I am thinking of not changing mine to avoid the hassle of changing so many documents.

Do you know if Social Security needs to be notified if there is not name change?

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

I am thinking of not changing mine to avoid the hassle of changing so many documents.

Do you know if Social Security needs to be notified if there is not name change?

A Hassle??? To bear my loving husbands name...Never!!! :no:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline
Hello family.

My mother reserved a nice hotel room for us last night. I decided to keep it a secret from Damien. My friends decorated the room with balloons, rose petals, heart shaped confetti, and Hershey Kisses (heart shape on the bed). They also put Appleton rum, chocolate fondue with strawberries and oils for massages in our room. We had a wonderful night. Damien was pleasantly surprised.

That was sweet!!!! I know you both enjoyed yourselves. :devil: Congrats again.

Most likely not. If there is no change.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

For pesonal reasons I did not change my name.

I did not notify social security.

Working in personnel, I understand the hassle.

Timeline

For pesonal reasons I did not change my name.

I did not notify social security.

Working in personnel, I understand the hassle.

Thank you for your answer.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.