Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Kim,

I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to leave children that you're so close to behind. I know that several on this thread have husbands/fiances with children in JA. Perhaps after you're married you can file for an AP along with your AOS and he could visit his children in JA before your trip together in April.

How old are Duane's children?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Evening family,

I just found out that someone else was selected for the job I interviewed for. I guess it was not what the Lord has in store for me.

I will be going out of town for a family affair this weekend and then leaving Tuesday for Atlanta for a convention. When would I have time to work anyhow :P

Sorry about not getting the job but you don't seem to unhappy.And as busy as you are where would a job fit in???

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
Hello everyone,

I have either not been on or just reading and not posting. Two things have been happening with me but I'm back now. I now have two jobs which makes me wonder what was the point of retiring and Trevor is changing his mind about coming here, he wants me to move there. No matter how many ways I explain to him that it will be almost impossible for me to do that, he still ask everytime we talk. So I have been very depressed about this as well as the fact of having to work 2 almost fulltime jobs. I do have some good news though. Both of the I129F and I130 were aprroved. But I guess it doesn't matter if he does not want to be here. Well anyway, I am going to go catch up.

Congrats on the approval Dru. I suspect that Trevor probably is tired of waiting for this ridiculously long process and just wants to be with you as soon as possible; even if that means that you move to JA(my uniformed guess :blush: ). Since it looks like you are finally progressing perhaps he'll change his mind. He can always come and if he still doesn't want to to be here you can decide what to do from there. I know that you have other family obligations and you just can't pick up and move so easily as he suggests, so my heart goes out to you too.

On a personal note, my ex and I considered moving out of state when an excellent oppurtunity came up but I wouldn't leave my terminally ill mom behind. She was in no shape to make a move with us either. Looking back, after her death, we both consider our decision to be the best, even though it caused a lot of friciton at the time.

Timeline
Thanks for the welcome. I've finally found my way to the "Yardies" site. It took me a while and I just finished scanning some of the messages. You all are quite a family. And I was tickled to see you mention my name at the end :)

I'm so happy for the woman who married Duane. She seems so happy. And I feel badly for the woman who decided not to marry her fiancee and now he wants to sue. In reading the messages I had to stop and wonder if its really true that we are responsible for our husband (even after divorce) for 10 years? That seems a bit harsh.

I've been reading your comments about the interview and its great information. I've been so nervous! And he has too. We are driving from Negril to Kingston for the 7:15 interview (leaving at like 2:30 in the morning). He hates kingston (got robbed there as a kid) and dosen't want to spend the night there (wit dem keepin all dat noise and gunshots and dem.... Noo sah!). Sigh.

I really don't know what we will do when he gets here. The other day he called me and I was getting my legs waxed. After a fairly hilarious explanation of what that meant, he asked me if the shop I was in was "downtown". This led to another interesting coversation about how you can have a large concentration of stores out in the boonies. Then I had to explain "the boonies". :)

I love that man!

SOrry I am rambling - just excited to be talking to you folks I guess!

A belated welcome Tali (F)

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kim,

I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to leave children that you're so close to behind. I know that several on this thread have husbands/fiances with children in JA. Perhaps after you're married you can file for an AP along with your AOS and he could visit his children in JA before your trip together in April.

How old are Duane's children?

Thanks Michele-We were going to consider the AP but the cost is holding us back as well as the cost of travel to JA ect...with all the expensees of everything else, April was a stretch for us as it is......

His kids are 7 and 11.....we knew and talked about how difficult this was going to be but I guess it finally hit him last night......... :cry:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline
(F) Hello Ladies! It has been a long time since I have written but I have been creeping the forum watching all of your beautiful moments unfold. So much has happened in the past year for all of us, it's so amazing! I am writing now because I need some immediate support.

We have had on and off again discussions about our families and their support (or lack of) in the past. Now it is time for my confessions if you will. I have done all of this immigration and marriage stuff without any of my family members being aware of it. I am close to my family but so distant from them at the same time. My parents and sisters (one of them is starting to understand) have never approved of mine and Henry's relationship for more reasons than racial...over the years it has almost completely vanished from our conversations. When I made the decision to go through with the K1 I made that decision on my own and with the support of my very best friends who knew that I was doing what I had to do. I got married to Henry under the same pretense. For the past year I have had the most wonderful life. I speak with my family every week or so and chit chat about this and that, they never ask me about him and I constantly try to drop his name or talk about things that we have done..etc. My parents live in TX and I have a sister in Boston and Vermont. I have actually only seen them once in the past year so "lying" has been easy but the haunting of this has not.

Yesterday was our one year anniverary and while it was such a rewarding day for us and so accomplishing there was this lingering feeling of major anxiety. I am telling my family today that we eloped yesterday. The idea of telling them that we have been lying for the past year is too excruciating..especially as my mother recently got diagnosed with breast cancer. I don't want them to be too hurt. We have decided that this is the best immediate solution in order to get the truth on the table and keep everyone's feelings in check. Now I am struggling with how to go about this confession. I am making the phone calls tonight. First I will call my parents, then my most opposing sister and finally my happy sister. I'm not even thinking about the immediate family and family friends yet as this is the main priority.

I am so excited to get everything off my chest but also terrified to hear the reactions. I have made a few jokes that I'm going to sit with my bottle of Jack Daniels and just bite the bullet...

If anyone has any advice to offer or is in a similar situation...please share your thoughts. I am waiting for 7PM to come for the first of the three dreaded phone calls. (F)

Happy Belated Anniversary and hope all went well with the confessions :yes:

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Timeline

You can wrap the box in Jamaican flags. Just print a bunch of Jamaican flag pictures off the internet. Use that paper to wrap your box!! I am sure he will be soooooooo excited!!!!! What a great surprise..... Are you staying at a hotel or with family in JA????

We're staying at a hotel in Ochi - Room on the Beach. I need my air conditioning and I love having a pool and the ocean right there. I'm reading all your comments to come up with how to give Tony his "present". Keep em coming. I'm just very limited on time :wacko: with working every day.

Rhonda,

Please tell me how Room on the Beach is when you get back. We were going to stay there in April but Trevor couldn't get off from work for the seven days we were to be there. On Expedia, it sounded great and really reasonable.

Good morning everybody...Happy Tuesday!!!

Squito started work yesterday. He's working at a furniture warehouse in Queens. So far he likes it. The people are nice and he even met someone from his hometown in Trelawny. We even get a nice discount which is very nice!! I feel like a proud mother who sends her child off to the first day of school. It's so nice to see his progress over the last few months that he's been here. Everyday, I fall deeper in love with my husband (L) . The challenges of the LDR and then all this immigration effery really brought us closer together. Yesterday, in the mail, we finally received Squito's "Welcome to America" letter. As we sat there reading it together, a feeling of peace and calm came over both of us and all we could do is look at each other and smile. The anxiety of our immigration ordeal has subsided...we don't have to think about it or deal with it for the next 2 years. That's such a wonderful feeling :yes::yes::yes:

The letter says his greencard should arrive within the next 3 weeks. We've made the final decision that we will be moving to CT soon. We can move now, the only thing that kept us here was his AOS case and not wanting to shake things up until an approval was handed down. We feel so free :dance::dance::dance:

Belated congratz de Squittos, I wonder if I or we will ever get to that point.

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Timeline
OK TIME TO LAUGH!

These quotes are from a book called Disorder in the American Courts, and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court reporters that had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges were actually taking place.

ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?

WITNESS: No, I just lie there.

ATTORNEY: What is your date of birth?

WITNESS: July 18th.

ATTORNEY: What year?

WITNESS: Every year.

ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?

WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.

ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?

WITNESS: Yes.

ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?

WITNESS: I forget.

ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?

ATTORNEY: How old is your son, the one living with you?

WITNESS: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can't remember which.

ATTORNEY: How long has he lived with you?

WITNESS: Forty-five years.

ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?

WITNESS: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"

ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?

WITNESS: My name is Susan!

ATTORNEY: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo?

WITNESS: We both do.

ATTORNEY: Voodoo?

WITNESS: We do.

ATTORNEY: You do?

WITNESS: Yes, voodoo.

ATTORNEY: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the twenty year old, how old is he?

WITNESS: Uh, he's twenty

ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?

WITNESS: Would you repeat the question?

ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?

ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at that time?

WITNESS: Uh....

ATTORNEY: She had three children, right?

ATTORNEY: How many were boys?

WITNESS: None.

ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?

ATTORNEY: How was your first marriage terminated?

WITNESS: By death.

ATTORNEY: And by whose death was terminated?

ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?

WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard.

ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?

ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?

WITNESS: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.

ATTORNEY: Doctor, how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead people?

WITNESS: All my autopsies are performed on dead people.

ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?

WITNESS: Oral.

ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?

WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.

ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?

WITNESS: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy on him!

ATTORNEY: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?

WITNESS: Huh?

And the best for last

ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?

WITNESS: No.

ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?

ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?

ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?

ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?

WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.

ATTORNEY: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless

WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law!

Please, please get the names of those attorneys, so they can be avoided at all cost :crying::lol:

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I have either not been on or just reading and not posting. Two things have been happening with me but I'm back now. I now have two jobs which makes me wonder what was the point of retiring and Trevor is changing his mind about coming here, he wants me to move there. No matter how many ways I explain to him that it will be almost impossible for me to do that, he still ask everytime we talk. So I have been very depressed about this as well as the fact of having to work 2 almost fulltime jobs. I do have some good news though. Both of the I129F and I130 were aprroved. But I guess it doesn't matter if he does not want to be here. Well anyway, I am going to go catch up.

I'm sorry things are so rough for you right now. Did Trevor say why he wants you to move there now? I know Michael got really nervous when the approval got close and then again when it came in. He asked me the same thing. We finally decided he would give it a try here and if he hated it then we would organize a way for both of us to move to JA.

Michele - glad your new house is finally feeling like home. Where did you find a cool breeze?!! Can you send one my way ;)

Kim - I hope Duane is feeling better... I can't imagine how hard that must be. I wish I had some advice for you, but Michael doesn't have in kids in JA so we didn't have to go through that. I hope April comes quickly so he can see them again.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello everyone,

Congrats on your approval (L) I agree with Julie - find out what is bothering Trevor. It's probably just his nerves and not knowing what to expect. Damien heard horrible stories before coming here. Acutally he still does :huh: I hope everything will work out.

Julie - I'm so happy for you. What a beautiful blessing (L) I can't imagine how Michael is feeling.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Did anyone do anything this past weekend or have plans for the JA Independence Day holiday observed tomorrow?

No, I wish we did. Damien had to work all weekend.

Tomorrow is also special to us because we met 3 years ago :wub:

Edited by sjb1221

Timeline
Stoping to say hi everyone is asleep and the boys just got back to the villa so I better get off this computer. I have internet for the whole week so I will be checkin One Luv

Jax

Hey JAX,

Just another 48 hours! Big Hugs to you and our best wishes for a wonderful and blessed wedding!!! (L)(F):luv:

Oh and on a personal tip, give your wedding coordinator a GIANT hug and kiss from me!! :D

Thanks Shemonya!!

Great news about Tristan...your place sounds so nice and relaxing Michele...(I am soo jeoulous :yes: )

Okay...so we had our first bad night last night!!! I went to bed early cause I had to be up early to go to work today. Duane was up watching movies and he started to think about his kids.....he woke me up at 1:30am in the morning and I could tell that he was not doing okay....... HE MISSED HIS KIDS...BAD!!! :( I tried to console him but what could I really say that helped!! Finally, at 2:00am, he picked up the phone and called them......so it was 4:00am in JA....surprisingly........both ex's (babies momma's) acted cool and woke the kids up without any problem..... (they must have heard the pain in his voice too) .....he talked to each of the kids for a bit...then he pulled out the photo albums and thumbed through them for about 1/2 hour.....I just hugged him and kept telling him that we would be going back to JA soon....I felt horrible and really did not know how to handle it......he was really close to his kids back in JA and he said he has never gone this long without seeing them before.....he said that he does not know if he could do this!!!!! :cry::cry:

The kids will be coming to stay with us next summer and we are going back to JA in April 2007 but that is a long time off.

He finally got to sleep...I held him until he fell asleep but..I am at work now and I need advice!!! Have any of you experienced this before?????.....I remember reading that Dee and Dave had similar issues with his daughter.....What can/should I do???? I am a mommy so I completely understand his pain but I do not know what else to do!!! IDEAS????

Oh Kim I am so sorry to hear Duane is having a hard time. I have no experience and can't really advise. I just wanted to send my love to you both. Others on board have experience and will chime in with some advice soon! Hugs to you and Duane.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.