Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am from Appleton, WI - look at that - Appleton (Jamaican Rum) and WI (West Indies) maybe that is fate!

He is from Ocho Rios and works at a resort there.

Since I am new to this I was wondering what a cr1 visa is?

Would you be able to answer more of my questions via email? I know I don't know you but you would be a big help - plus we are neighbors!!!!

my email address is lisaem79@aol.com

Thank you :no:

yes you can email me. you can also pm me on here. go onto your profile and there is a pm button on the left side.

CR1 visa and K3 visas are for those married couples you file the I130 first. it takes longer but he can leave the usa anytime once he gets there and he gets his green card and soc card right away. this is for married couples. the k3 is suppose to be faster but not in our case. once the i130 is recieved you get a recipet then you send the i129f form in for the k3 it is only suppose to help supposes get here quickly but not as many benfits as the CR1. MY k3 hasn't even been approved yet. so if your confussed check the cr1 forum and k3 forum it explains the options.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
From the looks of the letter I can already tell it's not what he thinks it is. It is actually a letter from the senators office saying that he is no longer in office rey, rey, rey and to re submitt our request for help with the case :huh: Another let down :( My poor baby. We have to hear something soon :crying:

Damn -- that SUCKS!!! :ranting: What now? Do you re-submit......doesn't/wouldn't someone there know what is going on so you wouldn't have to start from the beginning again?

When do you leave for Cali?

I leave on Monday.

I'm not going to even bother calling or writing them back. It's been eight months. :blink: I'm hoping we come back and it's in the mail for godsake!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
From the looks of the letter I can already tell it's not what he thinks it is. It is actually a letter from the senators office saying that he is no longer in office rey, rey, rey and to re submitt our request for help with the case :huh: Another let down :( My poor baby. We have to hear something soon :crying:

Damn -- that SUCKS!!! :ranting: What now? Do you re-submit......doesn't/wouldn't someone there know what is going on so you wouldn't have to start from the beginning again?

When do you leave for Cali?

I leave on Monday.

I'm not going to even bother calling or writing them back. It's been eight months. :blink: I'm hoping we come back and it's in the mail for godsake!!

i will pray that it is your mail box that sux big time sorry for all this crud

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Other Timeline
Here is my issue/question. He got turned down because he ADMITTED to drug use in the past -- he DID NOT test positive for drug use. There is a three year hold if you tested positive -- and since nobody has heard from Eric we don't know what happens after the three years is up -- but, to me, that's a whole other issue that doesn't have any real effect on you (at least I don't think it does) I have a sinking feeling that once you test positive there is no way you can ever be let in -- they might be why Eric never came back on VJ to tell us what happened at his interview....(well....whatever....)

But in your case -- he didn't test positive!! That's the most important thing here.

I think Mindy's on to something......The waver might work. :blush:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

JAMAICALOVE CHECK YOUR PM box for a new message. i am getting off now dwain's roomate should be getting home from work soon now.

one luv

jax

eww i want to go to the beach wonder if he will take me hmm :unsure:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Hi all|! i am chillin in montego bay made it safe yesterday. everyone at the house is at work here but dwains aunt. so i am just playing on the net and watching dvds its really nice and relaxing.

have u ever stayed at his room? how much time have u spemt down in ja not in a resort? i got a teaching job here in mobay and turned it down because it would be to much of a hassle so thats why i asked. i had done some student teaching at the school and knew how to walk and get there but my husband didn't want to worry about me or taking care of me. A job should be easy for you with a masters you are highly qualifed. You could look at the schools they are always searching for people but relaize they don't pay well down in ja. Thats why hubby and i said no and waited for me to get a good job in the states get established and finsih my masters in education so we could have a nest egg and a house.

When i stopped hanging out with my college group with my husband it was very different. No more true vacation just visits and renting out a room. i now handle it when i come helping do laundry by hand, painting and hang out by myself for long times with everyone working. thank goodness they have the internet here or i would go crazy. Could you guys keep your relationship going a few more years long distance? Where is eric he did this he moved to Ja wish he was here to comment about this.

best wishes on your decision.

I have stayed in his room....I've been going every 2 months or so, for well over a year now, and that's where I've been staying...and like I said b4, that I can handle...he actually mentioned that to me the other day--how far I've come since the days of screaming in the shower because the water was cold, and refusing to pee because the toilet was in the outhouse!! lol :lol: I'm just used to that stuff now...walking the streets, going to the market, all of that...my biggest concern is just getting a job...and wondering if it will be the best thing for us...at times it seems like we could wait the 2 years out...and then other times, I can barely wait out the next month or so before I see him...I don't know what to do... :help:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

he had like i swear a year old pepsi it was almost white and he had maynoise packages explode at the bottom of a box. ugh what am i getting into :lol: when he use to live at home his mom cleaned his room now i see the real eye opener it could be he has so much stuff and no space. :lol:
Oh, the joys of being a bachelor.....well, pretenting to be a bachelor :jest::lol: I think it does get better when they <finally> live with you. Roy cleans the house every Friday.
I am from Appleton, WI - look at that - Appleton (Jamaican Rum) and WI (West Indies) maybe that is fate!
That works for me!!! My sister went to school in Appleton -- what a great town!!
I'm hoping we come back and it's in the mail for godsake!!
Girl, I've got everything crossed that I can possibly cross.....I think this will be a good Christmas!!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

When someone gets a Fiance Visa and you marry within the 90 days how long before the two of you can travel back to JA together? Or travel out of the States?
It depends on so many different factors....it's hard to give you a definitive answer.

We got married March 3 -- sent in our AOS/EAD papers sometime around the last week of March -- we filed through Chicago. We didn't get called for fingerprints until June (which, at that time was a long time to wait) and got the EAD in the beginning of July. Our case got transferred to California :dance: :dance: and we got approved (and got the Green Card) in the middle of July without an interview (my timeline can give you the exact dates....:blush:)

BUT -- at that time, the timeline for Chicago AOS interviews was running two years behind.....anything can happen. We got very, very lucky.

DAH -- so, the answer to your travel question is.....if you file for the AP (Advance Parole) when you apply for the AOS/EAD you can travel once you get that -- or -- you wait for the Green Card. Timing can vary....

Edited by Minfay

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!!

things here have been busy.....mike has been working for my boss...they are adding a porch to the house so he has been helping to get things ready for that....

Belly's Girl.....i know where you are coming from....i was there about a year ago...a little differnt situation...i was looking for a new job cause the family i was with was moving and i was going on all this interviews and all the families sucked!!! so i was thinking really how bad could it be to move to JA...mike had is own place a friend of his had a wife who was from England and i had talked with her so i knew we could be friends....but then i thought...ok so i will need a car...no way would i rely on a taxi....and the bugs...my perfum would be bug spray....and my family i knew they would NEVER visit me...one more thing you need to check into is if you stay more then 6 months i think is what they allow you should check into how long you can actaully stay and how you go about getting a job...cause i am sure you will need to file paperwork!

i suggest.....file the waiver...see what happens....call your senators tell them what happend...he addmited but the test came back negative....then if that goes at least doing all of that will have given you some time to think about what to do and get things in order if you decide to move..

JAX!!!! have a rum punch for me :lol:

welcome newbies!!!!

Timeline
First I would like to introduce myself as a newbie here

I'll be turning 20 next month and I will be graduating from college next year and plan on teaching afterwards.

I've been dating a guy in JA for about 2 yrs now and am planning on filing the K-1 when i graduate and am working.

I have no clue where to start and what I should do to make the filing strong.

I've tried reading previous threads, but I feel so behind in the conversations.

Can anyone please :help: ????

Welcome Marie87!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Oh My Gosh!

I am new to this board and am freaking out with all these posts! Too many to read while on work time!!

I recently got engaged to my Jamaican boyfriend (now fiance) and we are contemplating what to do about him coming to the States. Here is a little of the story.

He spent 6 years in England going to college. He then returned to Jamaica where he is now working at a resort. He has visited Long Island for a summer camp. He has an active passport but not a current visa. I would like him to visit before making the leap into moving here. Neither him nor I have ever lived with a significant other and we would want to try and adjust.

We will get married but do not want to rush into it. What is our best option?

Option #1 Visitors Visa

Option #2 Marry in Jamaica then apply for a Spouse Visa

Option #3 Apply for Fiance Visa

I see that others have gone through the journey (lots of you). Please provide me with guidance. This is all very scary for me and confusing at times!

Thank you in advance

Lisa :wacko:

Welcome Lisa. In your situation I would think the visitor visa would be the best. When he went to England did he have a visa? Or did he go based on an education program from JA? I knew at one time a visa wasn't required to go to England but I think the laws has changed since then. Does he he have strong ties to the country? If so then I would go that route.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
I have looked into the visitors visa but money is my issue. If I paid for the visitors visa then it worked out and he had to go back then I would have to pay for the fiance visa also. it's like paying double for something!

I know i should relax and wait things ou t- only time will tell! I read other timelines and am shocked at how some people meet and marry right away - having someone here on a finace visa is not easy - you are responsible for them and support them until they can get their green card to work! I'm afraid of things not working out and being miserable.

I am sure you are all thinking that it may not be right for me to marry if I am doubting the whole process. I tend to THINK before I do anything and I want to be sure I can support BOTH of us!

Lisa you are absolutely entitled to think before you react. This process is very very stressful and if your mind is not right going in you're not going to make it. Take all the time in the world to make sure you are making the right decision. Although both the tourist and fiance visa is going to cost you it is well worth it. The only thing you are paying for the tourist visa is for the interview ($100) since he already has a valid passport. Yes the K1 will cost you but that is later down the road. But w/the visitor visa he will be able to use it as he wish going back from forth.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.