Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So Kelly,

I am reading your last message posted and I am a lil confused. So why again did you not just hand Craig the phone and let her get him out of your house? I was reading and i was like, ok, so she has decided to cut her losses and then wham, you told her he wa not there. So I am Craig sitting down there listening to this thinking, "well damn she still wants me. I can continue to play my games. have my cake and eat it." Trust me, Mississippi is not gone by a long shot cause by now he has called her and told her what happened. It is your decision dear, but looks like he may be reading these mixed signals the same way I am reading them.

The following may come across as a bit drastic, but I am only sharing this for informational purposes. My friend a year ago was in your situation and because of the Laws of the State of MD, she could not just ask him to leave because technically she could not force him out since the house was now the marital home. She was also concerned about how his meandering around the US if he left her home but stayed in the US would affect her. That I-134 may come back and bite her. So what did she do? Well, Mr man had a slight temper and aggravated enough he would react. So she she set about the task of aggravating him until he became violent. The violence was simply he push her out of his way and accidentally ripped her clothes. Doestic violence is not tolerated anywhere. She called the cops. He claimed it was an accident. The cops arrested him anyway because they have to take someone out of the home until a cse determines the validity of the domestic assault charges. Sg=he simply stated she feared for her life and wanted him gone. He was arrested on domestic violence charges. It gave her a cause to take out a protective order which did not allow him to return to the house pending the outcome of the case.The law against foreigners are strict. He was not released and was subsequently deported to jamaica even before the case was completed. She filed for divorce and he was not here to defend himself and the domestic violence case was enough evidence. We had a couple drinks some months ago celebrating the granting of the divorce.

Many of you may call me drastic and devious, but when you have to protect what you have worked hard for, you do what the hell you have to and pray to the man above for forgiveness. Someone is in your home and does not want to leave, you take the gloves off and get them the hell out. I do not have the time in my life to be miserable and if I ever want to be, I will do it myself and noy give someone that task.

Now Kelly, I am not advocating this as a solution to your problem , this was just for informational purposes. You know I am not that kind of person. (that is my disclaimer)Just remember, you have to take control of this situation if you want him gone cause he is not going to do it if you give him mixed signals.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:help: Okay I want to know if my hubby can go get his police reports now?? Our case should be approved by NVC in 2 to 4 weeks and sent to Kingston. Is their anythng he can do in the mean time why we wait? Any advice would be great.

Thanks everyone :D

I have a K1 and was wondering the samething... What can He do while we wait for the case to be forwarded?? Can he get the Non-impediment, and where does he get it from? Also what things should I be getting together to send to him?

While he's waiting for the case to be fowarded he can start getting these things: 1) Passport (he should probably do this first because he'll need it to get most of the other stuff, 2) Police record, 3) Certified Birth Certificate, 4) Non-Impediment to Marriage Certificate, and a bunch of passport photos. Some of these things can be expensive so whatever he can start to work on would be great. If you're not planning to be down there for the interview you need to send him: 1) Your tax & W-2 info for the last 3 years, 2) the I-134 Affidavit of Support (notarized), 3) Letter from your employer stating your title, how long you've been an employee, salary, and whether it is a permanent position, 4) Letter from your bank stating your accounts, current balance, and a record of deposits made over the last year, and any paycheck stubs. If he doesn't have access to a computer you're going to have to fill out the DS 156, DS 156K, and DS 157 online for him and then send it to him to sign. Make sure u have 2 copies of these forms. Also any proof of your relationship. I think he can get most of the things from the Registrar Generals (?) office in his area. If not, he cana go to Kingston to get what he needs. If I've left anything out, someone please chime in! Good luck on your journey!

Thanks Belly Girl's for being so helpful

Thanks to all about police reports. How long do they take? And he needs to go to Kingston for the police records????

We have items many items done because we are doing the CR1 and passport is required in documentation, birth certificate copies, employer letter, bank accounts, and taxes. I will fill out the DS forms and bringing them to him next week. He will go get his police reports now or in January.

?????? If we are married do we still neet the NoN-Impediment to Marriage Certificate. I think he just needs the copy of the real marriage certificate.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
So Kelly,

I am reading your last message posted and I am a lil confused. So why again did you not just hand Craig the phone and let her get him out of your house? I was reading and i was like, ok, so she has decided to cut her losses and then wham, you told her he wa not there. So I am Craig sitting down there listening to this thinking, "well damn she still wants me. I can continue to play my games. have my cake and eat it." Trust me, Mississippi is not gone by a long shot cause by now he has called her and told her what happened. It is your decision dear, but looks like he may be reading these mixed signals the same way I am reading them.

The following may come across as a bit drastic, but I am only sharing this for informational purposes. My friend a year ago was in your situation and because of the Laws of the State of MD, she could not just ask him to leave because technically she could not force him out since the house was now the marital home. She was also concerned about how his meandering around the US if he left her home but stayed in the US would affect her. That I-134 may come back and bite her. So what did she do? Well, Mr man had a slight temper and aggravated enough he would react. So she she set about the task of aggravating him until he became violent. The violence was simply he push her out of his way and accidentally ripped her clothes. Doestic violence is not tolerated anywhere. She called the cops. He claimed it was an accident. The cops arrested him anyway because they have to take someone out of the home until a cse determines the validity of the domestic assault charges. Sg=he simply stated she feared for her life and wanted him gone. He was arrested on domestic violence charges. It gave her a cause to take out a protective order which did not allow him to return to the house pending the outcome of the case.The law against foreigners are strict. He was not released and was subsequently deported to jamaica even before the case was completed. She filed for divorce and he was not here to defend himself and the domestic violence case was enough evidence. We had a couple drinks some months ago celebrating the granting of the divorce.

Many of you may call me drastic and devious, but when you have to protect what you have worked hard for, you do what the hell you have to and pray to the man above for forgiveness. Someone is in your home and does not want to leave, you take the gloves off and get them the hell out. I do not have the time in my life to be miserable and if I ever want to be, I will do it myself and noy give someone that task.

Now Kelly, I am not advocating this as a solution to your problem , this was just for informational purposes. You know I am not that kind of person. (that is my disclaimer)Just remember, you have to take control of this situation if you want him gone cause he is not going to do it if you give him mixed signals.

Trinlad nicely stated :thumbs:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
So Kelly,

Sorry for the double post!

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

I agree. It's so nice to have a man's opinion here. Stephen -- you're the BEST!! :thumbs:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I agree. It's so nice to have a man's opinion here. Stephen -- you're the BEST!! :thumbs:

I agree - it is nice to have a man's opinion. Thanks.

Edited by sjb1221

Timeline
So Kelly,

Thanks Stephen, but I'm handling this situation the best way that I can (and know how). Yes, I'm not happy, but I'm also soooooooo busy that I truly don't have time to worry about it. Craig doesn't do this *uckery stuff all the time, just some of the times....we have ALOT of laughs and have great great talks. We've talked about Mississippi and it was alll about money and she strung him along saying she'd help. WHO KNOWS what went on with this woman and WHY she felt like she HAD to continue to call him and yes HE needed to be the one to stop it....but I DID and it's done !!!

I will NOT let this situation get "violent" like that just to get him to leave....sorry, not my way of handling things!! Plus been in a domestic situation like that yeeeeears ago Stephen and I don't intend to ever go back there again!!!! Until you have been IN that type of situation....that's just WAAAY crazy !!!

Thanks for your opinion/advice.....

Kelly

Filed: Other Timeline
That's the crazy thing - they say that if you've EVER smoked weed you get automatically denied - even if you test negative. So what difference does 3 more years make? Does he have to join NA (Narcotics Anonymous) or something similar to prove that he's working on his "problem"? Can they deny him again in 3 years because he admitted already that "yes" once upon a time, he smoked? The whole thing is crazy!
That's exactly what I was wondering.....what difference is three years going to make if the test came back negative to begin with....

I was wondering the same thing. It sure would have been nice to know about Eric's case. I wonder if they were denied :blush: Why else would he not have come back to let us know what went on. :unsure: It's to bad you cannot be honest. He tested negative for god sake. There are sooo many losers in the US who get high and arent't doing a damn thing. But they deny this hard working man just for admitting he smoked years ago. :blink: they want to keep your hopes up, make you wait three damn years and deny you anyway.

Edited by Denden

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Timeline
Thanks Stephen, but I'm handling this situation the best way that I can (and know how). Yes, I'm not happy, but I'm also soooooooo busy that I truly don't have time to worry about it. Craig doesn't do this *uckery stuff all the time, just some of the times....we have ALOT of laughs and have great great talks. We've talked about Mississippi and it was alll about money and she strung him along saying she'd help. WHO KNOWS what went on with this woman and WHY she felt like she HAD to continue to call him and yes HE needed to be the one to stop it....but I DID and it's done !!!

I will NOT let this situation get "violent" like that just to get him to leave....sorry, not my way of handling things!! Plus been in a domestic situation like that yeeeeears ago Stephen and I don't intend to ever go back there again!!!! Until you have been IN that type of situation....that's just WAAAY crazy !!!

Kelly

Well I'm not going to endear myself to anyone by what I'm about to say but here goes...in my opinion I don't believe that Kelly is ready to give up on her marriage yet. That's totally up to her because she has to make her own decisions. I believe that she's using the comments made by others to show to Craig to "prove" to him that he's not acting in an appropiate manner to get him to shape up. Which he probably does for a while. I'm not going to pretend to know everything that goes on in their household and Kelly has stated that they do have some good times together. I don't believe that if someone is really determined to end a relationhip that they have to go to extremes. However I know that when I was really ready for a relationship to end I would do whatever was necessary, barring breaking the law or breaking my moral conscienceness, to end it. Kelly's inclined to think that things are ok now since other other woman is seemingly out of the picture; but I'm afraid that it's only a temporary improvement to her marriage.

Men and women will hit on married people and not care one iota about their marital status. My former husband was a body builder and men always hit on me in his presence. A lot of times older men would offer me things that my husband couldn't afford to give me at that time. I never once entertained the thought. We never had to worry about each other because of our devotion to each other and our marriage vows. We were both married at a very young age too.

Any man(or woman) that is married and uses another woman for "favors" whether it be money or whatever is no good. I don't care what other qualites that he has that are endearing to you. The "handwriting is on the wall". Sorry.

I'm sorry if I'm offending Kelly or anyone else but I wouldn't say anything if I didn't care enough.

I really don't mean to single out one person here because I know there are some may very well find themselves in the same position.

Whatever decision Kelly makes, I sincerely wish her well.

Timeline
So Kelly,

Kelly

Kelly

I am sorry about the isuues you are dealing with, and I haven't commented too much on it. But I would like to tell you to please keep your eyes and ears open. This is probably not over like you think it is. Miss Thang is still lurking around waiting for things to cool off. I'm almost sure that they've been in contact since you've talked to her. I have been where you are now. My ex husband changed his phone number not once but 3 times. What good is that when he turns around and gives it to her again?

Each time he told me he was sorry, I love you and want my family I believed him because I loved him, but what did he do???? A few weeks maybe a month... Right back to the same BS! Why because they where still in contact, he would lay low for a while we would laugh, talk and have some good times, all he was doing was buttering me up. He was waiting for things to cool off... She was lurking and waiting too.

This woman knew we were married, did she care?? Hell No!! He would be missing in action for days sometime as long as 2 weeks, and be over her house!! And come back here crying that same ole drag!!

I never argued with her because it wasn't her that I needed to be tripping with, it was him! This went on for 2 year too many. When I finally got tired of it, I called her and told her to come to my house and get him and his SH**!! And she did (Good Riddens).

I'm not saying that Craig is a bad person... But his behavior is foul very foul and he knows it!! And people will treat you however you allow them too. When you get turly tired of it you'll find a way to end it. I don't know you personally, but you desevre much better than what you are receiving. My motto is " I'd rather be lonely and have peace of mind, than to have a piece of man and no peace at all. " You can find ways to kill off being lonely... But with no peace of mine... Nothing is right.

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to share this with you. Best wishes to you (F)

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Kelly

Well I'm not going to endear myself to anyone by what I'm about to say but here goes...in my opinion I don't believe that Kelly is ready to give up on her marriage yet. That's totally up to her because she has to make her own decisions. I believe that she's using the comments made by others to show to Craig to "prove" to him that he's not acting in an appropiate manner to get him to shape up. Which he probably does for a while. I'm not going to pretend to know everything that goes on in their household and Kelly has stated that they do have some good times together. I don't believe that if someone is really determined to end a relationhip that they have to go to extremes. However I know that when I was really ready for a relationship to end I would do whatever was necessary, barring breaking the law or breaking my moral conscienceness, to end it. Kelly's inclined to think that things are ok now since other other woman is seemingly out of the picture; but I'm afraid that it's only a temporary improvement to her marriage.

Men and women will hit on married people and not care one iota about their marital status. My former husband was a body builder and men always hit on me in his presence. A lot of times older men would offer me things that my husband couldn't afford to give me at that time. I never once entertained the thought. We never had to worry about each other because of our devotion to each other and our marriage vows. We were both married at a very young age too.

Any man(or woman) that is married and uses another woman for "favors" whether it be money or whatever is no good. I don't care what other qualites that he has that are endearing to you. The "handwriting is on the wall". Sorry.

I'm sorry if I'm offending Kelly or anyone else but I wouldn't say anything if I didn't care enough.

I really don't mean to single out one person here because I know there are some may very well find themselves in the same position.

I agree with you that she is not ready to leave the marriage. I going out on a limb here and people may kill me for saying this but I think she likes the attention that she is getting from everyone on the thread. I am not saying this to be mean. I am just saying it like I see it. Not many people would put up with such BS. I know I wouldn't and I am not the USC.

Have at it...

3/27/06 Got Married - Whopeee!!!!!

4/06/06 Mailed I-130 only (Not ready to mail other documents yet)

4/12/06 NOA1 on I-130

7/20/06 Mailed AOS Package (I-485, I-765, I-864, no medical documents)

7/25/06 I-130 Approved

7/27/06 NOA1

8/15/06 Biometrics

8/21/06 Completed Medical - $250.00 - Yikes!!!!

8/24/06 Received Medical report from Doctor

8/28/06 Mailed RFE to Lees Summit - Medical

9/05/06 Touched (I-485) - Received Medical

9/09/06 Touched (I-485)

9/23/06 Touched (I-130)

9/23/06 Touched (I/765) Approved

9/28/06 Touched (I-765)

10/2/06 Received EAD Card

10/3/06 Touched (1-765)

10/21/06 Received Interview date - 12/06/06

12/04/06 Touched I-485 & I-765

12/06/06 Approved pending name check - bummer!!! - So the AO says

02/03/07 59 days and counting since interview....

02/09/07 Best touch ever!!!! Got welcome notice emails!!!!

02/12/07 Touched (I-485)

02/13/07 Touched (I-485)

02/14/07 Touched & Emails ("We ordered the production of your card...")

02/20/07 Card received in the mail!!!!!! Yay!!!!

Lifting Conditions

12/09/2008 Mailed package

12/18/2008 NOA 1

1/06/2009 Biometrics

1/07/2009 Touched

5/17/2009 Approved!!!!

6/12/2009 Card produced. No status change on the website.

6/20/2009 Received card in the mail

Citizenship (Final Leg)

11/16/2009 Mailed package

11/18/2009 USCIS received package

11/20/2009 NOA1

11/24/2009 Check cashed

01/06/2010 Biometrics

03/01/2010 Interview - Passed!!!

03/26/2010 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
What is everyone else doing for the holidays?

We will be in LA for a few days then fly to my brothers who lives near Sacarmanto for Newyears. It will be my first christmas away from my children :unsure:

You'll be close to me, I live in Sacramento.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Kelly

I agree with you that she is not ready to leave the marriage. I going out on a limb here and people may kill me for saying this but I think she likes the attention that she is getting from everyone on the thread. I am not saying this to be mean. I am just saying it like I see it. Not many people would put up with such BS. I know I wouldn't and I am not the USC.

Have at it...

LIKE THE ATTENTION ????? Now YOU are a total trip !!!!! It's called SUPPORT, ADVICE, opinions, etc...... shoot at least "I" am putting my business "out there" to help others that may be (or might go through) the same situation. I've been on this site since May of last year and ask those that know me know that I never really ever put my business out there, but I KNOW that there are several women on here that have gone (or are going) through what "I" am going through (not to this extreme)....some have made it, and some are still trying............but "I" have had the courage to post "my" entire f**d up situation!!!

Thanks for the laugh though !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.