Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Go girl! Congrats! :yes:

Yippe!! I just called NVC and it left me the message that it sent the last package of work to the petinor. So hubby has already sent me the forms using James Shortcuts. So I will be sending in the last step for NVC on Monday Whoopie. Then 2 to 4 weeks of NVC reviewing the work and the case goes to Kingston! :dance: Dancing for joy that my side of the work is mostly done. Then its his turn and he is a big man so he can do the interview by himself. Hopefully he will be here in March :dance::dance: or earlier! Getting happier each moment and VJ is the best this yardie site and a few other CR1 friends I meet giving me the info on all the shortcuts..

Did I say I was happy happy joy joy - sorry for the repeat!!! ahaha :dance:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey tali welcolme to the forum. i am feeling just like you. we are 22 and 20 years of age and i am very outgoing. he has been in the country for so long will hw enjoy going out with me he said he would but i dont want to force him either. on the other hand i think it will be wonderful showing him off to my friends and showing him all the different sites america has to offer. wow its overwhelming thinking about them adjusting because it seems like they have asuch a hard way of doing things and then when they come here boredom kills them. no carrying water no walking for miles different kinds of stores . well im rambling but i hope all goes well. i know i hate to bored. i keep thinking aboiut when he comes and i have to leave him alone for the first time. .....
Welcome Tali!!

LOL @ your honey and his fear of Kingston. He will be ok overnight. If you guys have the cash, try to convince him to stay at one of the following - each is right around the corner from the embassy. ( I slept like a baby as did almost everyone on this thread - no gunshots, no nuttin'!_

Courtleigh

Hilton

Altamont Court

Knutsford (not as close as the others, but not that far either)

Tell him I said he needs to be at the embassy awake and alert. Also, my dear Henry stayed at the hotel but decided to dash home to St. Thomas the night before and guess what... it rained and rained and rained and cars were flooded and roads impassable. I was losing my mind pacing in my room at the hotel. He finally made it back to Kingston at about 11pm much to my relief. So please encourage your guy to overnight in Kingston. Not trying to scare you....but you know JA...anything can happen.

Good luck and I am sure your interview will go fine!

Hi Ebony-Sean. I noticed your time line said you're interview date is on Valentine Day. Is that correct??

no way i was just HOPING for a valentines day interview

Thank God I was wondering if the Embassy was that backed up... :lol:

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

Congrats to you as well (F) I'm sure the card company will pull those records for you

Hello yardies

My case was approved and sent out to NVC... I called today and they haven't received it yet, hopefully they'll get it next week.

I'm still trying to get together the evidence of phone calls.. Yesterday I e-mailed the calling card company to see if the could give me a detailed list of phone calls made through their company, and they responded back and asked for the e-mail address or pin number for the account so that they could research the info :dance::dance::dance:

I've got my fingers crossed!! I'm praying that all goes well and that they can generate something for me.

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Hey SJB post that link for me too - I want to surprise D for our one year anniversary in Feb - that should give me enough time to work off the "happy pounds" I gained since he been here and get the routine down

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

I need to vent real quick

Computers and our "secure" Social Security records are a b*tch!

Why is it coming up on D's security report that he was evicted in 2002? :blink: bumbo....he was still living in Jamaica then! I'm in the process of clearing this mistake (the evicted party has same first name COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LAST NAME AND SOCIAL) up with the management company and lawyer that processed the eviction. Dyam computa system mash up wi life!

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey SJB post that link for me too - I want to surprise D for our one year anniversary in Feb - that should give me enough time to work off the "happy pounds" I gained since he been here and get the routine down

Honey, I'll still working on losing my "visa trauma and marriage" weight gain....go to erotiquecardio.com.

The video is a fitness video so you will lose weight...and learn new skills. The classes at my gym are monthly so I plan to practice once or twice a week...well try to without...Damien being around.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why is it coming up on D's security report that he was evicted in 2002? :blink: bumbo....he was still living in Jamaica then! I'm in the process of clearing this mistake (the evicted party has same first name COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LAST NAME AND SOCIAL) up with the management company and lawyer that processed the eviction. Dyam computa system mash up wi life!

That is crazy. What can you do?

Now I'm wondering how Damin has A1 credit...not that anything is wrong with that...kinda strange for anyone new to the country.

Timeline

:o Oh my!! That stinks.. sorry to hear that :o

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Hi all...well, I just want to start out saying that I thank each and every one of you for the help that you have provided along the way for our K-1 journey. As you may know, our interview was on Thursday, and despite our best efforts, the visa was denied--due to his admitted marijuana use from about 2 1/2 years ago...You know, a couple of weeks before the medical I said to him, if they ask you about drugs just say that you've never used them...it seemed fine then...he was like "cool"...but on the day of the medical he said that the doctor kept asking him had he used drugs in the past 3 years, and INSISTED to him that they would test to make sure....now, because I live here, and I guess I just know that weed can't be traced back any further than 30 days or so, I never really thought that that would be an issue...I just assumed that people pretty much knew that, but I guess not...unfortunately, he told them the truth because he was fearful that they would somehow find out and would deny him the visa...and for his honesty we have paid the price....I have never seen a man cry so much before in my life...and I have truly never felt more broken spirited and hopeless...I don't know where to go from here because I just knew that everything was going to work out according to plan...this has been the most devastating experience of my life....I wish everyone up here luck, and please please please heed the medical warnings---THESE PEOPLE ARE SO CANNIVING AND SNEAKY!! This was a hard lesson learned...I'm not sure what other options are available to us...we've talked, and we do both agree wholeheartedly that being together is what matters the most in the world to us...its just knowing what to do next (if there's anything we CAN do) that is the problem...like I said before, thank you for your well wishes!! I will definitely continue to post here and be of any help if I can...the actual interview experience-NO PROBLEM! Everyone have a wonderful evening and a good day at work tomorrow!!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Hi all...well, I just want to start out saying that I thank each and every one of you for the help that you have provided along the way for our K-1 journey. As you may know, our interview was on Thursday, and despite our best efforts, the visa was denied--due to his admitted marijuana use from about 2 1/2 years ago...You know, a couple of weeks before the medical I said to him, if they ask you about drugs just say that you've never used them...it seemed fine then...he was like "cool"...but on the day of the medical he said that the doctor kept asking him had he used drugs in the past 3 years, and INSISTED to him that they would test to make sure....now, because I live here, and I guess I just know that weed can't be traced back any further than 30 days or so, I never really thought that that would be an issue...I just assumed that people pretty much knew that, but I guess not...unfortunately, he told them the truth because he was fearful that they would somehow find out and would deny him the visa...and for his honesty we have paid the price....I have never seen a man cry so much before in my life...and I have truly never felt more broken spirited and hopeless...I don't know where to go from here because I just knew that everything was going to work out according to plan...this has been the most devastating experience of my life....I wish everyone up here luck, and please please please heed the medical warnings---THESE PEOPLE ARE SO CANNIVING AND SNEAKY!! This was a hard lesson learned...I'm not sure what other options are available to us...we've talked, and we do both agree wholeheartedly that being together is what matters the most in the world to us...its just knowing what to do next (if there's anything we CAN do) that is the problem...like I said before, thank you for your well wishes!! I will definitely continue to post here and be of any help if I can...the actual interview experience-NO PROBLEM! Everyone have a wonderful evening and a good day at work tomorrow!!

OMG!!! I am so sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you both (F)

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Timeline

OMG! My heart goes out to you and Gregory! I feel so bad knowing that you guys were almost there! I will say a prayer that there is something that you guys can do!

HUGS,

Sarah

I am really sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out somehow. :(

3/27/06 Got Married - Whopeee!!!!!

4/06/06 Mailed I-130 only (Not ready to mail other documents yet)

4/12/06 NOA1 on I-130

7/20/06 Mailed AOS Package (I-485, I-765, I-864, no medical documents)

7/25/06 I-130 Approved

7/27/06 NOA1

8/15/06 Biometrics

8/21/06 Completed Medical - $250.00 - Yikes!!!!

8/24/06 Received Medical report from Doctor

8/28/06 Mailed RFE to Lees Summit - Medical

9/05/06 Touched (I-485) - Received Medical

9/09/06 Touched (I-485)

9/23/06 Touched (I-130)

9/23/06 Touched (I/765) Approved

9/28/06 Touched (I-765)

10/2/06 Received EAD Card

10/3/06 Touched (1-765)

10/21/06 Received Interview date - 12/06/06

12/04/06 Touched I-485 & I-765

12/06/06 Approved pending name check - bummer!!! - So the AO says

02/03/07 59 days and counting since interview....

02/09/07 Best touch ever!!!! Got welcome notice emails!!!!

02/12/07 Touched (I-485)

02/13/07 Touched (I-485)

02/14/07 Touched & Emails ("We ordered the production of your card...")

02/20/07 Card received in the mail!!!!!! Yay!!!!

Lifting Conditions

12/09/2008 Mailed package

12/18/2008 NOA 1

1/06/2009 Biometrics

1/07/2009 Touched

5/17/2009 Approved!!!!

6/12/2009 Card produced. No status change on the website.

6/20/2009 Received card in the mail

Citizenship (Final Leg)

11/16/2009 Mailed package

11/18/2009 USCIS received package

11/20/2009 NOA1

11/24/2009 Check cashed

01/06/2010 Biometrics

03/01/2010 Interview - Passed!!!

03/26/2010 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I am so sorry to hear the news my heart goes out to you guys. I hope everything will work out in the long run. Will you guys file again when the ban is lifted?

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Well Wednesday was my last day of classes and I found out in one of my english classes that I aced the final 100% as well as the individual project and presentation :dance: Bring on the Dean's list and my 4.0 GPA :dance:

Congrats Jamie :thumbs: Keep up the good work!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Hedo is a place that should be seen. A few years ago 5 of us got a night pass and my oh my....it was an experience. Just to people watch.. :o

I completely agree :yes: We also went there on a night pass - let's just say we were supposed to only be there til 3am and at 4am they came looking for us to kick us out :lol: The cool thing about Hedo is that anything goes. You can do as much or as little as you're comfortable with. No one pressures you to do anything.

Happy Anniversary to Tony and Rhonda...I hope you enjoy the weekend.

Thanks everyone :wub: We had a really good time.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.