Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shemanya-let us know who your class went today. I have a dvd and one section has basic belly dancing moves and I will say that it does give you a little self-confidence and remove your inhibitions a bit.

Someone mentioned something about belly dancing if you actually had a belly; well that brings to mind a few years ago when I went to Hawaii-my former husband and I went to a luau and we went to a show where the best hula dancer on all of the islands at the time was a man who weighed over 500 lbs (yes, you read right). Boy could that man move :thumbs:. So go ahead and shake that thang.

Good morning. The main reason why I love my belly dancing class is that we dance to soca, old and new reggae and dancehall music...makes it much sexier. I never thought I would move my hips to...Flex, Time to Have Sex by Shabba Ranks or Whine like a Gypsy by Elephant man :unsure:

Stripping aint' easy....my whole body aches. I have to postpone my performance until next month (our 2nd year anniversary)...need more pratice. I brought the instructors dvd. One of her dvds was filmed in Jamaica..at Hedomism :devil:

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Shemanya-let us know who your class went today. I have a dvd and one section has basic belly dancing moves and I will say that it does give you a little self-confidence and remove your inhibitions a bit.

Someone mentioned something about belly dancing if you actually had a belly; well that brings to mind a few years ago when I went to Hawaii-my former husband and I went to a luau and we went to a show where the best hula dancer on all of the islands at the time was a man who weighed over 500 lbs (yes, you read right). Boy could that man move :thumbs:. So go ahead and shake that thang.

Good morning. The main reason why I love my belly dancing class is that we dance to soca, old and new reggae and dancehall music...makes it much sexier. I never thought I would move my hips to...Flex, Time to Have Sex by Shabba Ranks or Whine like a Gypsy by Elephant man :unsure:

Stripping aint' easy....my whole body aches. I have to postpone my performance until next month (our 2nd year anniversary)...need more pratice. I brought the instructors dvd. One of her dvds was filmed in Jamaica..at Hedomism :devil:

That does sound like a lot of fun. Can you please PM me with the name of the DVD and where I can purchase it? Thanks.

Good morning (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That does sound like a lot of fun. Can you please PM me with the name of the DVD and where I can purchase it? Thanks.

Good morning (F)

Ditto I would also like to know

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Shemanya You have to share and tell us how we can order the video.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Kelly -- I am so sorry that you have been put through so much.....and I just want to personally THANK YOU (L) from the bottom of my heart for being so honest and upfront with what has been happening to you. I think that if people listen and "take to heart" the things you have been posting hopefully this won't happen to anyone else......Thank you, Kelly!!

We all do NOT live "perfect" lives and if anyone thinks this process was "easy"...or GOING to be easy....living with someone who has never ever traveled out of their 3rd world country is ....well, I don't even know what to say...
:thumbs:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey tali welcolme to the forum. i am feeling just like you. we are 22 and 20 years of age and i am very outgoing. he has been in the country for so long will hw enjoy going out with me he said he would but i dont want to force him either. on the other hand i think it will be wonderful showing him off to my friends and showing him all the different sites america has to offer. wow its overwhelming thinking about them adjusting because it seems like they have asuch a hard way of doing things and then when they come here boredom kills them. no carrying water no walking for miles different kinds of stores . well im rambling but i hope all goes well. i know i hate to bored. i keep thinking aboiut when he comes and i have to leave him alone for the first time. .....

Welcome Tali!!

LOL @ your honey and his fear of Kingston. He will be ok overnight. If you guys have the cash, try to convince him to stay at one of the following - each is right around the corner from the embassy. ( I slept like a baby as did almost everyone on this thread - no gunshots, no nuttin'!_

Courtleigh

Hilton

Altamont Court

Knutsford (not as close as the others, but not that far either)

Tell him I said he needs to be at the embassy awake and alert. Also, my dear Henry stayed at the hotel but decided to dash home to St. Thomas the night before and guess what... it rained and rained and rained and cars were flooded and roads impassable. I was losing my mind pacing in my room at the hotel. He finally made it back to Kingston at about 11pm much to my relief. So please encourage your guy to overnight in Kingston. Not trying to scare you....but you know JA...anything can happen.

Good luck and I am sure your interview will go fine!

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Timeline
Yippe!! I just called NVC and it left me the message that it sent the last package of work to the petinor. So hubby has already sent me the forms using James Shortcuts. So I will be sending in the last step for NVC on Monday Whoopie. Then 2 to 4 weeks of NVC reviewing the work and the case goes to Kingston! :dance: Dancing for joy that my side of the work is mostly done. Then its his turn and he is a big man so he can do the interview by himself. Hopefully he will be here in March :dance::dance: or earlier! Getting happier each moment and VJ is the best this yardie site and a few other CR1 friends I meet giving me the info on all the shortcuts..

Did I say I was happy happy joy joy - sorry for the repeat!!! ahaha :dance:

That is great news Jax....your case just flew by. Congrats!!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
hey tali welcolme to the forum. i am feeling just like you. we are 22 and 20 years of age and i am very outgoing. he has been in the country for so long will hw enjoy going out with me he said he would but i dont want to force him either. on the other hand i think it will be wonderful showing him off to my friends and showing him all the different sites america has to offer. wow its overwhelming thinking about them adjusting because it seems like they have asuch a hard way of doing things and then when they come here boredom kills them. no carrying water no walking for miles different kinds of stores . well im rambling but i hope all goes well. i know i hate to bored. i keep thinking aboiut when he comes and i have to leave him alone for the first time. .....
Welcome Tali!!

LOL @ your honey and his fear of Kingston. He will be ok overnight. If you guys have the cash, try to convince him to stay at one of the following - each is right around the corner from the embassy. ( I slept like a baby as did almost everyone on this thread - no gunshots, no nuttin'!_

Courtleigh

Hilton

Altamont Court

Tell him I said he needs to be at the embassy awake and alert. Also, my dear Henry stayed at the hotel but decided to dash home to St. Thomas the night before and guess what... it rained and rained and rained and cars were flooded and roads impassable. I was losing my mind pacing in my room at the hotel. He finally made it back to Kingston at about 11pm much to my relief. So please encourage your guy to overnight in Kingston. Not trying to scare you....but you know JA...anything can happen.

Hi Ebony-Sean. I noticed your time line said you're interview date is on Valentine Day. Is that correct??

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Yippe!! I just called NVC and it left me the message that it sent the last package of work to the petinor. So hubby has already sent me the forms using James Shortcuts. So I will be sending in the last step for NVC on Monday Whoopie. Then 2 to 4 weeks of NVC reviewing the work and the case goes to Kingston! :dance: Dancing for joy that my side of the work is mostly done. Then its his turn and he is a big man so he can do the interview by himself. Hopefully he will be here in March :dance::dance: or earlier! Getting happier each moment and VJ is the best this yardie site and a few other CR1 friends I meet giving me the info on all the shortcuts..

Did I say I was happy happy joy joy - sorry for the repeat!!! ahaha :dance:

I am happy for you :dance::lol: . Your journey is almost complete!!!!!

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Welcome Tali!!

Courtleigh

Hilton

Altamont Court

Hi Ebony-Sean. I noticed your time line said you're interview date is on Valentine Day. Is that correct??

no way i was just HOPING for a valentines day interview

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Timeline

Hello yardies

My case was approved and sent out to NVC... I called today and they haven't received it yet, hopefully they'll get it next week.

I'm still trying to get together the evidence of phone calls.. Yesterday I e-mailed the calling card company to see if the could give me a detailed list of phone calls made through their company, and they responded back and asked for the e-mail address or pin number for the account so that they could research the info :dance::dance::dance:

I've got my fingers crossed!! I'm praying that all goes well and that they can generate something for me.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Ann and George (L) and good luck on the rest of your visa journey :yes:

:blink: Well, today is finally the day. George's flight leaves MoBay at 8:50 this morning, connects in Newark, and arrives in Rochester at 5:00 this afternoon. I'm so nervous! I just keep obsessively cleaning the house. Whatever happens after today, I am so grateful for the information and support of all of you. I know I shouldn't complain about the process--I mailed the petition on September 1st, and he's arriving today--but this has been the most stressful 3 and half months of my life I think, worse than having breast cancer. Trying to build a life with someone while you shout over a lousy overseas connection into a cell phone, taking out the same photos to look at over and over, laying in bed at night and wondering, how long Lord, how long? hoping your kids will accept him, and that he'll feel the same about them. Well--the whole thing has been quite a ride! I'm gonna stay busy and wash a chicken to make brown stew. THank you, VJ friends.

Ann (and soon, George)

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

I just received a detailed bill from the calling car company but it only goes back 6 months :o:crying: I'm now wondering if this is going to be good enough :unsure: I also got some info from my cell phone company...

They now offer detailed phone bills :thumbs: but mine will not start to generate until next month.

Does anyone know how much proof of phone calls is enough :blink::help:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

D's interview was easy and painless, I think largely in part because our binder was so organized and the Table of Contents made things easy to find. We only had a second interview because he didn't have the new (color) copy of his birth certificate in it (which we had to pay $$$ to have two copies ordered and rushed to St. Anns Bay :wacko:).

Have hubby get familiar with the contents so that he knows where everything is when interview comes. Good luck!

Today my husband and I decided that he will go to the interview alone. So I am making him a binder of material this week he can take to the interview. I just can't afford to go back to JA again when I have to get him a ticket to come up here. I think we can do it this way because we have 9 years of evdience.

I also have heard from some of you that your significant others didn't have to tough of a time going alone.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Shemanya You have to share and tell us how we can order the video.

Hello family. If interested, please go to erotiquecardio.com to order the video. I haven't had chance to view mine because someone "borrowed" it without my knowledge :angry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.