Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think we should start another topic for the day. Any suggestions?

Rhonda will come up with one later tonight. :D

:lol: Ok, how many times have you been to Jamaica? (I know we had this as a poll a while back but we have lots of newbies now) What other Caribbean islands have you been to? Where do you want to go for your next vacation? Can you tell I'm already sick of the cold weather and thinking of the tropics? :P B)

I have been to Jamaica a total of 8 times now!! I have been to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Martin, and Cayman Islands briefly while on cruises. And I have been to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic). For our next vacation we're thinking about going to Barbados.

Hello all,

I had been to JA many times (too much to count). I spent a few years there as a little girl and have been going back every summer up until high school. It's actually funny once I think about it b/c me and my sister used to dread going to JA. We wanted to spend the summers here w/our friends but nooooooo our parents shipped us off the day after school ended and we didn't return until the 1st day of school in the fall. It wasn't a vacation it was punishment..... :no: We had to learn how to cook, clean, wash, etc...you name it. I used to hate it but as I got older I learn to appreciate it more and more. Now I would do anything to go back home and chill. Yes times has change but it's still home to me.

I would like go to the Cayman Islands. Javon lived there for 10 yrs on a work permit and since he has to go anyway for the police record, I was thinking of making it a mini-vacation. I hear it's beautiful!!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
kelly (L)

Okay ....here's what's up in our camp. I don't like to air out my business, but....got to...I need the support and someone to vent to about this entire MESS !!!

I have given it MY ALL and have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over my limit and WAAAAY overdue !!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to PAY Craig to leave!!! I told him that I will BUY him a ticket back to Jamaica (basically take away from my sons Christmas....but that's no big deal) and Craig said, he's NOT going BACK !!! He's going to "run away" and I explained to him that if he runs and HAS to go back to Jamaica, he'll most likely be banned from coming to the states again. He could really care less. ALLLLLLLLLL Craig is about is making MONEY .....buying a car, getting 2 jobs and making MONEY. I'm sooooo sick and tired of the disrespect. He STILL talks to the Mississippi bee-atch and SHE calls him at ALL hours!!! He's young and WAY immature (that came out full blast about a month after he got here).

I am going to have him sign something agreeing on the date that he left and separation AND that I will not be responsible for him "running away"....or something like that.

Will "I" get in trouble?

Thanks for any and all advice!!

:help:

Kelly

Kelly OMG

I don't know your race but you need to turn BLACK on that Brother :devil: and Ms Mississippi!!!!!! Ask him does he remember all ya'll( southern term) had to go through? Ask him will miss mississippi send him a plane ticket and furnish him somewhere to stay. I would buy him the ticket and put it in a christmas card. I would aslo write out a invoice for payment to ms mississippi for all you paid to bring homeboy over here. I am so mad and it's not me going through this!!!!!!

I'm white, but trust me, I've gone EVERY flippin color on him!!!!!! I told him today that he could go pawn his wedding ring and close both of our bank accounts and that would give him money until Monday!! I would LOVE to just buy an airline ticket, but I can't physically put him on the plane....or physically do ANYthing with him and I just don't have $400 to throw away!!! I don't want to get the police involved, cause for one I live in an apartment and I've been here a very long time and I have neighbors that I do NOT want (or need) in my business!!!!! I don't want to "get ugly" that way. He just needs to STEP up and be a flippin man and leave !!!!!!!!!

If he was a "citizen" and LIVED here in the states, his you know what would have been gone looooooooong ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He'll say, I don't have anywhere to go, meanwhile he has relatives (that he's really not that close with) ....I've told him to stay with ms miss....call her and have her wire money to go stay with her and then he says that she HAS a man !!!!!!!!!

Actually I've tried calling her several times, but she doesn't answer (I star 67 my number to block whose calling), but should I keep trying until she answers? or leave a message???

He "says" he doesn't WANT her that way and it was ONLY for her to help him with the money (AOS)....... it's just soooooooooooooooo long and drawn out and I'm just waaaaaaaaaaaay exhausted at this point !!!

but..............HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!

:thumbs:

Wow Kelly!!! I can't believe he is so disrespectul like that....man he has a lot of growing up to do. I don't think you should call the other girl just deal w/him. I'm not sure about the letter but I do think you should call USCIS and let them know. See, this is to show ppl then men are wacko!! They do some dumb sh*t...why would he jeapordize you'all relationship for some hussy in MS??? A hussy that have another man at that???? I swear I will undertstand them... Now as far as him being here illegal he has nooooo idea what he is getting himself into. I know some of them and it's no picnic. Times are changing and being here like that just isn't worth it anymore. Now landlords are being fined for renting out to illegal immigrants...and that's just the start.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've only been to Jamaica - I think it's been 6 trips, and I moved down there in 2004/2005 (that's when D and I got engaged)...now I'm looking into other islands. Either Barbados or Trinidad (one location in 2007 and the other in 2008).

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Actually I've tried calling her several times, but she doesn't answer (I star 67 my number to block whose calling), but should I keep trying until she answers? or leave a message???
Kelly -- I wouldn't even waste my time....what would you say to her anyway? Stop calling my man!? He is the one who should have been saying that -- if he really cared about how much this hurt you he would have done that a long time ago.....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey-

We just got home from our AOS interview. It went extremely well and the immigration officer said that we were approved pending FBI clearance. She said that his seems to be more common lately because they are scheduling the interviews so quickly in San Francisco. We filed 9/28/06 and had our interview 12/7/06.

SOOO...I am wondering if anyone else had this happened and typically how long is the wait.??? I posted this same question in the AOS forum so hopefully I will get some response.

Overall, it was a piece of cake....the interviewer was a really nice African-American lady with dreads....... :)

She made us feel really comfortable.....looked at our wedding photo albums and admired Duane's art. She wanted to give us a link to her friedn that owns a gallery in the city but she said that it may be viewed as unethical so she woudl wait until the approval came in the mail. She said she woudl keep a watch out on our file and send me an e-mail once it cleared.

As for the EAD...she also said that she would call the office to locate our EAD and make sure it gets to us approved in the next week or so.........

So...I hope eveyone has a great day and I will try to stay in touch more often!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey-

We just got home from our AOS interview. It went extremely well and the immigration officer said that we were approved pending FBI clearance. She said that his seems to be more common lately because they are scheduling the interviews so quickly in San Francisco. We filed 9/28/06 and had our interview 12/7/06.

SOOO...I am wondering if anyone else had this happened and typically how long is the wait.??? I posted this same question in the AOS forum so hopefully I will get some response.

Overall, it was a piece of cake....the interviewer was a really nice African-American lady with dreads....... :)

She made us feel really comfortable.....looked at our wedding photo albums and admired Duane's art. She wanted to give us a link to her friedn that owns a gallery in the city but she said that it may be viewed as unethical so she woudl wait until the approval came in the mail. She said she woudl keep a watch out on our file and send me an e-mail once it cleared.

As for the EAD...she also said that she would call the office to locate our EAD and make sure it gets to us approved in the next week or so.........

So...I hope eveyone has a great day and I will try to stay in touch more often!!!

Congrats Kim.

Our FBI check took 7 months to complete. Some cases take longer but most are quicker...I pray no one else has to wait that long.

Good luck.

Edited by sjb1221

Timeline
Last night, he told me that he wants to keep all the presents no matter how long it takes until he sees him again...even if it is 10 years!!!! :crying: The evil women needs to be locked up!!!!!!!

So sorry this has happened Kim :cry: I can't even begin to imagine the pain for you and your hubby.

Timeline
:lol: Ok, how many times have you been to Jamaica? (I know we had this as a poll a while back but we have lots of newbies now) What other Caribbean islands have you been to? Where do you want to go for your next vacation? Can you tell I'm already sick of the cold weather and thinking of the tropics? :P B)

I have been to JA 8 times...staying for up to 4-5 months on some of the trips. I have never gone to JA and done the touristy stay in a resort thing so that is what I would like to do...if I was rich I would love to stay in the Grand Lido - Braco...so lovely and tucked away...I also might like to experience Hedonism...j/k :innocent: Honestly I don't know if I could EVER go there :no:

As for other islands...I want to go to Curacao really bad and would love to see the Caymans, Haiti, Cuba, TNT and the Bahamas...I can't wait to see Atlantis and the huge aquarium...I love that kind of stuff.

Timeline
Anyhows....I will have to take out another loan in order for him to do this, so....so far, even tho he has worked for 4 months, it will cost everything he has made so far, then plus he wants some "extra" (like $5,000) to pay back his brother. The loan I am getting is at 24%...yikes! We are in pretty deep straights, with him doing this right at this time.

Jill,

That is absolutely CRAZY!!! You should not have to take out a loan for him to go on vacation!! Especially a loan with a 25% interest rate :o And he's going to lose his great job that pays well and has good benefits?? I would say no way :no: You said it yourself, he was just there in Jan. for 5 whole weeks! That's more time than Tony has been back to JA COMBINED on his last 3 trips back home!!!

(Sorry if I'm being too harsh - you wanted our opinions :blush: )

That is kind of were I am leaning too...I can't imagine taking out a loan to go on vacation. Losing a great job isn't worth it in my opinion.

Timeline
Hello family.

Kelly - I'm so sorry you are going through this but I wouldn't contact Ms. Mississippi....your problem should be with Craig not her.

Totally agreed :thumbs:

From all that I have heard and experienced...I think one important thing to remember with all this is that maturity is VERY important. It the man can't take responsibility down in JA then why do should he be expected to up here? 9 out of 10 times he won't grow up if he hasn't already in JA. If the maturity of being a husband and being repsonsible for a family and wife isn't there before he gets to the US all of the temptations of grandure (money, partying, girls etc) and living life up as a "bachelor" is only going to be stronger here with all the "new" stuff. I have learned that it is very important that the person be mature enough to handle becoming married and moving to a new country. The responsibility is HUGE!

Timeline
I would like go to the Cayman Islands. Javon lived there for 10 yrs on a work permit and since he has to go anyway for the police record, I was thinking of making it a mini-vacation. I hear it's beautiful!!!

That sounds like a great idea! I hope you are able to do that!!!

Timeline
Hey-

Congrats Kim.

Our FBI check took 7 months to complete. Some cases take longer but most are quicker...I pray no one else has to wait that long.

Good luck.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Our FBI check only took a couple of weeks but we were advised that it could take months or years...it all just depends. I hope you get yours sooner rather than later!

Timeline

WOW I am really loving this seperate post thing...much easier to read and helps me on my way to a second heart :lol:

Everything is going ok here in the good ol' pacific northwest. Getting ready for Christmas and all that good stuff. Andre's mom will be visiting with us for 2 weeks over christmas and new years so your prayers for sanity, peace, and self control :whistle: will be greatly appreciated :innocent:

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well! So what is the topic question for today?

Congratulations Kim!! :dance: :dance: Hope this can help to make Duane feel a little better....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

So what is the topic question for today?

Where do you think Jamie, Squitto, Julie & Elizabeth have been? :lol:(L):lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.