Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Kelly asked: "What is everyone's definition of a WIFE and HUSBAND ??"

(Sorry- I couldn't get this new format to quote right so here's my response:)

I think it's pretty subjective nowadays as many families do not adhere to traditonal roles anymore. I think everyone should ask their partners and theirselves this very important question and honestly answer them before deciding to get married. Everyone has needs beyond the physical and I feel that if your emotional needs are not met that your relationship probably won't be sucessful. What is important for one person(especially women) probably won't mean diddly to the next. As a woman I think the biggest mistake that we can make is to assume that men has nothing going on beyond "the pyhsical". Even the most macho of men have feelings, even if they don't articulate it or demonstrate it. If you constantly belittle or make someone feel inadaquate or "stupid" or make them feel as if their opinions don't matter watch and see how fast your relationship deteriorates. If you treat your man this way, and if he is the quite type, don't be surprised if one day he'll just be gone without a word.

I would ask my partner what having a wife or husband means to them and ask myself what a wife or husband means to me.

Everyone has basic needs and if those needs cannot be met by your partner then you're probably not a good match. Honestly assesing those needs is where maturity comes in.

Have a good day!

Michele

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello-

At home today getting all the paperwork together for tomorrow........Duane is still completely devasted about his son. We had already bought ALL his Christmas presents that he requested. We bought him a ton of spiderman toys and clothes....... :(

Last night, he told me that he wants to keep all the presents no matter how long it takes until he sees him again...even if it is 10 years!!!! :crying: The evil women needs to be locked up!!!!!!!

So......Sounds like everyone is doing well.......glad to hear......

BTW...it took us about 1 week to get the Visa so I would not plan any returns flights for at least 1 week after the interview....

Jill---I would tell Lake that he needs to send some money for the kids and postpone his trip home until he can clear it with the job and afford it better!!! I understand that he misses the kids but losing his work and going into financial debt is far worse for the kids in the long run.........maybe you can explain that to him..........

Duane and I are in the same position and we sat down and talked about it.....he understands now!!

Shauna-Glad to here Mike is doing well.....call me today becasue Duane has some ideas that might help Mike.........

Stephen-Thanks for the NARMS link.......I have been hired by 2 marketing firms and I went on my first demo last week and make over $150.00 in 4 hours.......This is GREAT!!! You are the best........... :thumbs:

Take care everyone!!!!

Kim I am sorry to hear about Duane's daughter; I can only imagine how he must feel right now. I hope I'm not prying but where was his daughter while in JA? Was she living w/the mom? You might have mentioned this before but my memory is bad. Did the mom know you were filing for the daughter?

This reminds me of Javon and his baby mother. His son has spent his whole life w/Javon's family b/c she never had anything of her own and he was over in the Cayman Islands on a work permit. He used to travel yearly back to JA but when she moved to England she wanted to take both of their kids (son & daughter) with her out of spite. Mind you this is the same woman that states she don't want anything to do w/the son b/c he reminds her of Javon and his ppl. So he rushed home and demanded her to leave his son. Since then she left and never looked back. I feel so bad for him b/c he told me he doesn't have a mom b/c she dont' want him. It had me in tears so I told him not to worry himself b/c I am now his mom and Lexie (my daughter) is also his sister.

These baby mother's can be soooooo wicked at times. I can not count how many times I have treated that woman (or should I say girl). She is a disgrace to all woman. At first I would say nothing but Javon is waaaayyyyyyyyyyy to kind and I had to put a stop to that very quickly!!! She would take everything from him for the daughter but never contributed nothing to the son.

:angry: That's just not right.

I think we should start another topic for the day. Any suggestions?

Rhonda will come up with one later tonight. :D

:lol: Ok, how many times have you been to Jamaica? (I know we had this as a poll a while back but we have lots of newbies now) What other Caribbean islands have you been to? Where do you want to go for your next vacation? Can you tell I'm already sick of the cold weather and thinking of the tropics? :P B)

I have been to Jamaica a total of 8 times now!! I have been to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Martin, and Cayman Islands briefly while on cruises. And I have been to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic). For our next vacation we're thinking about going to Barbados.

I've been to Jamaica 4 times. Other islands: Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Barbados, Antigua, St. Martin, Martinque, St. Thomas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Goodmorning all have a great day :D

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

:lol: Ok, how many times have you been to Jamaica? (I know we had this as a poll a while back but we have lots of newbies now) What other Caribbean islands have you been to? Where do you want to go for your next vacation? Can you tell I'm already sick of the cold weather and thinking of the tropics? :P B)

I have been to Jamaica a total of 8 times now!! I have been to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Martin, and Cayman Islands briefly while on cruises. And I have been to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic). For our next vacation we're thinking about going to Barbados.

I've been to Jamaica 26x and right now is THE longest stretch in the past 10 yrs that I haven't been there. I'm sooooooo ready for a warm vacation !!! Also have ventured to Cancun, Riviera Maya, Cozumel, Barbados, Bermuda and Punta Cana. As many times as I've sent some of my clients to other islands, I feel like I've been there myself !! B)

Timeline

kelly (L)

Okay ....here's what's up in our camp. I don't like to air out my business, but....got to...I need the support and someone to vent to about this entire MESS !!!

I have given it MY ALL and have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over my limit and WAAAAY overdue !!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to PAY Craig to leave!!! I told him that I will BUY him a ticket back to Jamaica (basically take away from my sons Christmas....but that's no big deal) and Craig said, he's NOT going BACK !!! He's going to "run away" and I explained to him that if he runs and HAS to go back to Jamaica, he'll most likely be banned from coming to the states again. He could really care less. ALLLLLLLLLL Craig is about is making MONEY .....buying a car, getting 2 jobs and making MONEY. I'm sooooo sick and tired of the disrespect. He STILL talks to the Mississippi bee-atch and SHE calls him at ALL hours!!! He's young and WAY immature (that came out full blast about a month after he got here).

I am going to have him sign something agreeing on the date that he left and separation AND that I will not be responsible for him "running away"....or something like that.

Will "I" get in trouble?

Thanks for any and all advice!!

:help:

Kelly

I've been to Jamaica 26x and right now is THE longest stretch in the past 10 yrs that I haven't been there. I'm sooooooo ready for a warm vacation !!! Also have ventured to Cancun, Riviera Maya, Cozumel, Barbados, Bermuda and Punta Cana. As many times as I've sent some of my clients to other islands, I feel like I've been there myself !! B)

I've been to JA 5x's ,Nassua, St. Thomas, Purto Rico, Grand Caymen, Freeport and Cozamel. I want to go to Barbados next also, but I will probably go back to JA I have never been to Negril.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

kelly (L)

Okay ....here's what's up in our camp. I don't like to air out my business, but....got to...I need the support and someone to vent to about this entire MESS !!!

I have given it MY ALL and have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over my limit and WAAAAY overdue !!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to PAY Craig to leave!!! I told him that I will BUY him a ticket back to Jamaica (basically take away from my sons Christmas....but that's no big deal) and Craig said, he's NOT going BACK !!! He's going to "run away" and I explained to him that if he runs and HAS to go back to Jamaica, he'll most likely be banned from coming to the states again. He could really care less. ALLLLLLLLLL Craig is about is making MONEY .....buying a car, getting 2 jobs and making MONEY. I'm sooooo sick and tired of the disrespect. He STILL talks to the Mississippi bee-atch and SHE calls him at ALL hours!!! He's young and WAY immature (that came out full blast about a month after he got here).

I am going to have him sign something agreeing on the date that he left and separation AND that I will not be responsible for him "running away"....or something like that.

Will "I" get in trouble?

Kelly

Kelly OMG

I don't know your race but you need to turn BLACK on that Brother :devil: and Ms Mississippi!!!!!! Ask him does he remember all ya'll( southern term) had to go through? Ask him will miss mississippi send him a plane ticket and furnish him somewhere to stay. I would buy him the ticket and put it in a christmas card. I would aslo write out a invoice for payment to ms mississippi for all you paid to bring homeboy over here. I am so mad and it's not me going through this!!!!!!

Edited by morantbaygirl

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Jamaica 4 times.....Punta Cana, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta -- I think that's it for the Caribbean

Hey I like this new VJ format. Now each post shows up seperately the way they used to! Maybe one day I'll get TWO hearts!!
Did you pay Ewok to change the format for you?? :lol: :lol:
I am going to have him sign something agreeing on the date that he left and separation AND that I will not be responsible for him "running away"....or something like that. Will "I" get in trouble?
Wow....I was really hoping things would work out with you two. I believe the age of the man plays such a huge part in these relationships -- there are so many things you cannot be prepared for when dealing with them....I am really so sorry for you.... (L)

I think you need to contact the USCIS and tell them you have separated -- tell them the truth and the circumstances. If he will not leave (legally) then it is totally on him if he runs.

You also might want to post this <maybe in the AOS forum?> or do a search in all of VJ. This has happened many times before. You just need to make sure you are protected.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
kelly (L)

Will "I" get in trouble?

Kelly

Kelly OMG

I don't know your race but you need to turn BLACK on that Brother :devil: and Ms Mississippi!!!!!! Ask him does he remember all ya'll( southern term) had to go through? Ask him will miss mississippi send him a plane ticket and furnish him somewhere to stay. I would buy him the ticket and put it in a christmas card. I would aslo write out a invoice for payment to ms mississippi for all you paid to bring homeboy over here. I am so mad and it's not me going through this!!!!!!

I'm white, but trust me, I've gone EVERY flippin color on him!!!!!! I told him today that he could go pawn his wedding ring and close both of our bank accounts and that would give him money until Monday!! I would LOVE to just buy an airline ticket, but I can't physically put him on the plane....or physically do ANYthing with him and I just don't have $400 to throw away!!! I don't want to get the police involved, cause for one I live in an apartment and I've been here a very long time and I have neighbors that I do NOT want (or need) in my business!!!!! I don't want to "get ugly" that way. He just needs to STEP up and be a flippin man and leave !!!!!!!!!

If he was a "citizen" and LIVED here in the states, his you know what would have been gone looooooooong ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He'll say, I don't have anywhere to go, meanwhile he has relatives (that he's really not that close with) ....I've told him to stay with ms miss....call her and have her wire money to go stay with her and then he says that she HAS a man !!!!!!!!!

Actually I've tried calling her several times, but she doesn't answer (I star 67 my number to block whose calling), but should I keep trying until she answers? or leave a message???

He "says" he doesn't WANT her that way and it was ONLY for her to help him with the money (AOS)....... it's just soooooooooooooooo long and drawn out and I'm just waaaaaaaaaaaay exhausted at this point !!!

but..............HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.