Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Its a snow day playing in the white stuff! Snow day sleding down a hill! Whoopie no work today I am going back to bed!! :yes::whistle:

One Luv (L)

Thanks Jax -_- ; just rub it in for those of us who have to work today :P .

Enjoy your snow day :lol:

Sorry Michele :lol: It looks like all schools in northern IL area were shut down today. Where I live they are saying 11inches to 16 inches.

I live in Georgia can you believe it is 68 degrees and the sun is shinning. Very rarely do we have snow day. But when we do the whole city shuts down :dance:

Jax -- I am in the "southern suburbs" -- it rained/sleeted all night and only started snowing here at 7:00am. It's coming down pretty hard now but the ground is so wet......wish I had a snow day :crying:

They didn't cancel school by you? That is a shame it started to late? Is there a lot on the ground now? Now I can really get into a Christmas spirit. Snowmobiling today hopefully when roads clear. My hubby asked me when he gets here if he can go so I am getting him trained well. He just wanted to make sure I had heat in the house :lol: .

It's been 60-70 degrees here this week...not bad for November. No snow in sight.

Thats the weather we had here until Wed. afternnoon. I think the storm is heading out east now.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Is there anyone here who can or will help me with the questions I've posted?????

Sorry for the late post, this is what I prepared for our interview --

-Updated -letter of intent (just use the sample off of the VJ website) & -His letter of intent (typed)

-Letters from 2 mutual friends (the embassy could have cared less about that....but ya never know)

-More receipts from trips and receipts from the hotels and copies of my passenger receipts and more copies of my HUGE phone bills (from my land line here). I kept his text messages, just printed them out

-We take loads of pictures. So I made more copies from my home copier/scanner onto photo paper I bought from Walmart. The interviewer didn't want to see "more" pics, he maticulously looked over the 5 pages that I had sent that they had already.

Our interview was bizarre than most, "I" was interviewed, Craig wasn't at all. The interviewer was a goofball and gave me a hard time about my age and my income.

If you have any other questions, please PM me.

Sorry that I haven't been on here much...........but I've been craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy busy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone. We are still hangin in there. It's been a loooooooooooooong tough TOUGH road !!!!!! We both (Craig, my son and I) agree, the hardest that we've ever had to take !!! For those that don't know their men (or women) very well, or haven't been to Jamaica on several occassions and have gotten to know Jamaicans, the culture, the land, how they live, eat and breath (basically) etc etc.......take my word, you reeeeeeeally need to take the time to get to know them better. Craig and I have known each other for 2 years now (this week), but I've been going to Jamaica for the past 10 yrs (26 times) he's the only Jamaican that I've had a relationship with and I'm tellin ya, each and everyday is a TOTAL challenge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the USC is a STRONG individual and is patient --because you TRULY need to be, and when they get here.....you have to "babysit", be a teacher, motivator, financial advisor, employment counselor, have I missed anything else?.....

Anyone else feelin me????????

Where's some for the "old" VJ'rs.....like Ms Parker, MrsSmith, Eric, Doodle, and the ones on our group yahoo, that we haven't seen around for awhile?

Kelly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Ladies,

I had the most unbelievable day!!! I am soooooooo sick of the snow it aint' even funny and today is just the first day. Well first I got up and realized that tons of schools were closed so I wasn't sure about my daughter's. THen I went outside and I fell right there in the snow w/a whole basket of laundry in my hands....then my car trunk wouldn't open w/the trunk opener so I decided to use my key like a big idiot and the key got bent. THEN I couldn't get the car to start w/the same bent key. I swear I thought I was going to lose it out there so FINALLY after trying to unbend the key it finally started. Well at this time it was 8:15 so I cld my supervisor and told her I was going to be late. So after all the shoveling snow off my car and I finally was ready to get going but nope....not for me...the car was stuck. Talking about being heated!!!!!! :devil: Mind you I have been soooooooo stress lately w/some other problems that this was the last straw I said F it I'm not going to work then some man came along and helped me out.

By this time I was thinking everything was cool so I got to work around 9:30 just to find out the darn parking lot was ployed so I got stuck AGAIN!!!! I was cussing the whole place down, so I finally just gave up and left the car right there in the middle of the lot sideways. I was fed up at that point and couldn't do anymore. Well I made it to my cube just to be told we can leave. I was pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COudln't beleive that I had to go thru all that just to be told to go back home......

I'm at my mother's right now doing laundry and once I'm done and I'm going home to chill b/c I need a break. THis has been the worse day and the snow is still falling. Man, I hate winter!!!!!

Sonshyne: I am in the same boat as you. My cell phone provider was Cricket but I spoke to customer service and they told me I could request a copy of international long distance calls for $5.00. I will try and let you know if this works. There is ALWAYS a solution, just keep bugging your provider and explain to them what and why you need something! I just recently switched to T-mobile and now I have lists of text messages sent to Marlon and calls I make. The only thing that sucks is that I pay $1.09 per minute :( But, it will all be worth it when he is finally here with me :P So good luck and don't get discouraged or overwhelmed!

To those waiting to be touched etc., hang in there, my thoughts and prayers are with everyone!

Bye for now, until next week!

I had Sprint and I was just paying 34 cents a min to JA b/c I had the int'l plan and only paid $4.99 a month but now I have switched to T-Mobile and everyday I'm missing Sprint more and more. Does it cost more to text him? What about if you have a text package?

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

Is there anyone here who can or will help me with the questions I've posted?????

Sorry for the late post, this is what I prepared for our interview --

-Updated -letter of intent (just use the sample off of the VJ website) & -His letter of intent (typed)

-Letters from 2 mutual friends (the embassy could have cared less about that....but ya never know)

-More receipts from trips and receipts from the hotels and copies of my passenger receipts and more copies of my HUGE phone bills (from my land line here). I kept his text messages, just printed them out

-We take loads of pictures. So I made more copies from my home copier/scanner onto photo paper I bought from Walmart. The interviewer didn't want to see "more" pics, he maticulously looked over the 5 pages that I had sent that they had already.

Our interview was bizarre than most, "I" was interviewed, Craig wasn't at all. The interviewer was a goofball and gave me a hard time about my age and my income.

If you have any other questions, please PM me.

Kelly

Better late than never... Thank you!

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Sorry that I haven't been on here much...........but I've been craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy busy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone. We are still hangin in there. It's been a loooooooooooooong tough TOUGH road !!!!!! We both (Craig, my son and I) agree, the hardest that we've ever had to take !!! For those that don't know their men (or women) very well, or haven't been to Jamaica on several occassions and have gotten to know Jamaicans, the culture, the land, how they live, eat and breath (basically) etc etc.......take my word, you reeeeeeeally need to take the time to get to know them better. Craig and I have known each other for 2 years now (this week), but I've been going to Jamaica for the past 10 yrs (26 times) he's the only Jamaican that I've had a relationship with and I'm tellin ya, each and everyday is a TOTAL challenge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the USC is a STRONG individual and is patient --because you TRULY need to be, and when they get here.....you have to "babysit", be a teacher, motivator, financial advisor, employment counselor, have I missed anything else?.....

Where's some for the "old" VJ'rs.....like Ms Parker, MrsSmith, Eric, Doodle, and the ones on our group yahoo, that we haven't seen around for awhile?

Kelly

Kelly you are not alone trust me. I have dated plenty of JA'n men but the ones in JA are different then the ones here (well some of them at least). It's been a challenge for both Javon and I but like you said you have to know their culture and their ways to truly understand them. Knowing you man (or woman) may or may not be enough but knowing their background is a start.

Edited by nyseness

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

.....you have to "babysit", be a teacher, motivator, financial advisor, employment counselor, have I missed anything else?.....

AMEN SISTER!! You left out mother, chauffer, bank....

Now mind you, Roy has almost been here a year (in fact, tomorrow is the one year anniversary of our interview in Kingston....boy, how time flys...) anyways, I was AGAIN trying to explain the difference to him about the house phone and the cell phone. Minutes vs. number of calls. Long distance vs. calling card. I finally got so frustrated that I just gave up.

Roy is a "country boy." He lived in Kingston and MoBay for a good portion of his life but he is still a "country boy" at heart. There are so many things that I took for granted that were totally foreign to him. I swear, there is still something new almost every day :wacko:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
.....you have to "babysit", be a teacher, motivator, financial advisor, employment counselor, have I missed anything else?.....

Now mind you, Roy has almost been here a year (in fact, tomorrow is the one year anniversary of our interview in Kingston....boy, how time flys...) anyways, I was AGAIN trying to explain the difference to him about the house phone and the cell phone. Minutes vs. number of calls. Long distance vs. calling card. I finally got so frustrated that I just gave up.

Roy is a "country boy." He lived in Kingston and MoBay for a good portion of his life but he is still a "country boy" at heart. There are so many things that I took for granted that were totally foreign to him. I swear, there is still something new almost every day :wacko:

Double AMEN. Damien's been here for 2 years and he is still "adjusting" to life in the US. If I have to explain what direct deposit is one more time :bonk:

We are still struggling and adjusting to each other...Like I said many times before...it take lots of patience and prayers.

Edited by sjb1221

Timeline
Hi Ladies,

I had the most unbelievable day!!! I am soooooooo sick of the snow it aint' even funny and today is just the first day. Well first I got up and realized that tons of schools were closed so I wasn't sure about my daughter's. THen I went outside and I fell right there in the snow w/a whole basket of laundry in my hands....then my car trunk wouldn't open w/the trunk opener so I decided to use my key like a big idiot and the key got bent. THEN I couldn't get the car to start w/the same bent key. I swear I thought I was going to lose it out there so FINALLY after trying to unbend the key it finally started. Well at this time it was 8:15 so I cld my supervisor and told her I was going to be late. So after all the shoveling snow off my car and I finally was ready to get going but nope....not for me...the car was stuck. Talking about being heated!!!!!! :devil: Mind you I have been soooooooo stress lately w/some other problems that this was the last straw I said F it I'm not going to work then some man came along and helped me out.

By this time I was thinking everything was cool so I got to work around 9:30 just to find out the darn parking lot was ployed so I got stuck AGAIN!!!! I was cussing the whole place down, so I finally just gave up and left the car right there in the middle of the lot sideways. I was fed up at that point and couldn't do anymore. Well I made it to my cube just to be told we can leave. I was pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COudln't beleive that I had to go thru all that just to be told to go back home......

I'm at my mother's right now doing laundry and once I'm done and I'm going home to chill b/c I need a break. THis has been the worse day and the snow is still falling. Man, I hate winter!!!!!

Sonshyne: I am in the same boat as you. My cell phone provider was Cricket but I spoke to customer service and they told me I could request a copy of international long distance calls for $5.00. I will try and let you know if this works. There is ALWAYS a solution, just keep bugging your provider and explain to them what and why you need something! I just recently switched to T-mobile and now I have lists of text messages sent to Marlon and calls I make. The only thing that sucks is that I pay $1.09 per minute :( But, it will all be worth it when he is finally here with me :P So good luck and don't get discouraged or overwhelmed!

To those waiting to be touched etc., hang in there, my thoughts and prayers are with everyone!

I had Sprint and I was just paying 34 cents a min to JA b/c I had the int'l plan and only paid $4.99 a month but now I have switched to T-Mobile and everyday I'm missing Sprint more and more. Does it cost more to text him? What about if you have a text package?

Sorry Anna to hear all your trouble with the snow storm. We had 15 inches were I live today but now the sun is out. Why didn't someone at work tell you thats crazy.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Well, with T-Mobile I only pay 15 cents per text message I send to Marlon. When he texts me he pays I guess. I have the text package unlimited here in the States. Hey! If we call each other we get free mobile to mobile :dance:

Timeline

I am wiating for this when hubby gets here. We are already struggling with him purchasing a car. He wants a manul and I said no. Cause automatics are better resale value than manul. Then he said he is going to drive it until it dies. I told him wait until he gets his licenses here it may take a month. Then he said he is going to get the JA licenses and I said what for it is so expensive to wet the palm of the examiner.

I was a mother to 5 gus at once for 2 weeks so hopefully I am strong enough.

One guy that played in Herbert Morrision band came up 2 summers ago and liked me so much he wanted me to dump my hubby and I said no. I was so upset I guess I gave him a panic attack and he called 911. Its a long story lets say even my poor mother had to help me out on this one. Like you guys said there are all different type of men in JA. Yes you must know them inside and out. This friend had went totally crazy. Don't know why.

I just don't think there will be a dull moment when he gets here and right now I am use to it being peacefull.

Well, with T-Mobile I only pay 15 cents per text message I send to Marlon. When he texts me he pays I guess. I have the text package unlimited here in the States. Hey! If we call each other we get free mobile to mobile :dance:

Who ever showed me how to text message for free from email! Thank you Thank you! It has been a life saver. :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Hi!

Trust me you would think the world is coming to an end the chaos this snow storm has caused. Schools were cancelled ALL week and I am still stuck. There is solid ice everywhere and if you don't live on the main roads you are screwed...because we don't get much snow around here we don't have any proper snow removal equipment and they don't salt/de-ice the roads so they are still covered. I have such a small car that I am going to be stuck til it melts...or I put salt all around my car...which I am sooo going to do :yes:

Well I need some advice...

I heard about a job for an administrative assistant at a local church...I looked up their ad and they asked that all resumes be submitted via email. I did this on the 14th of Nov and never heard anything back. So I called a week later and just asked to confirm that she had recieved my resume. She had and she told me they would contact everyone this week...well I got this email...

Jamie,

Thank you for your interest in the Assistant position and for submitting your resume. If after further review, it looks like you may be a good fit, we will contact you.

-Heidi

So I am assuming they will only be contacting the ones they are interested in...but how do I know if they aren't interested anymore? How long do I wait to hear something before I assume they aren't going to contact me...it took them 2+ weeks just to send that email. I don't want to start sending my resume out all over the place for other jobs when this one is still an option and I really want it...perfect hours...great place to work. So what would you do? Should I send an email asking them to let me know whether or not they are interested...should I call? I haven't really done this whole job search for a while so I have no real idea what is proper protocol.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Timeline

Hi Ladies,

Sorry Anna to hear all your trouble with the snow storm. We had 15 inches were I live today but now the sun is out. Why didn't someone at work tell you thats crazy.

I don't think anyone knew. Remember I work at Walgreens and they never close... :lol: A lot of ppl cld in but I only have a few vacation days left and I'm using them around X-mas to spend the break w/my daughter. Not only that I have been putting in some serious OT and I was not about to let one day change that to regular pay. I need all the loot I can get w/this whole immigration process....

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

Double AMEN. Damien's been here for 2 years and he is still "adjusting" to life in the US. If I have to explain what direct deposit is one more time :bonk:

We are still struggling and adjusting to each other...Like I said many times before...it take lots of patience and prayers.

I think I will Triple AMEN that! :lol: It is so hard and frustrating at times but then other times it is wonderful! I totally agree with the explaining things over and over thing. If I have to explain about buying a car and down payments and interest and insurance and all that ####### one more time my head will explode. How many times do I have to say "They are not going to just GIVE you a brand new car without you giving them anything!'

Rant over :whistle:

Timeline

I think I will Triple AMEN that! :lol: It is so hard and frustrating at times but then other times it is wonderful! I totally agree with the explaining things over and over thing. If I have to explain about buying a car and down payments and interest and insurance and all that ####### one more time my head will explode. How many times do I have to say "They are not going to just GIVE you a brand new car without you giving them anything!'

Rant over :whistle:

I laugh when I gotta repeat stuff ....like today AGAIN, about "I neeeed a car" and I'm like, you're FIRST priority is to get it together to pay for the AOS !!!! Yes, we STILL haven't sent in stuff, but the way things have been between us, didn't think we were going to go there!! I was like you have to make a "list" of goals.....social security card (done), bank account (done), job (done---but now has to find a new job, since today was the last day because they shut down the warehouse). I'm proud of him going out and applying for jobs alllll by himself. I made copies of his resume and a "copy" of a job application that he takes with him to fill out applications. Next--AOS, license, car insurance, car, etc etc etc...

He wanted a pair of Tims soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, but I was like, "priorities".....but when we were at the mall 2 weekends ago, Champs was having a buy one get 50% off the 2nd pair of shoes of ANY shoe in the store, so he got a cool pair (not the "norm" of Timberlands) for $39.99!! but.......it's for Christmas.... he's soooooooooo happy, so another "goal" off the checklist.

He "listens" to these guys that he works with ....like yeah man, you can just buy a cheap car....and drive it around and I'm like noooooooooo, you need a license, insurance and he says ALL of the time, but in Jamaica I drove and didn't have a license, blah blah blah.........and I gotta remind him once again, you are in the US of A WITH a trillion "rules" and restrictions!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of us that have kids....that are older, we already *have* to be patient with our own children! That's what the most frustrating......Pete and Repeat were sittin on a fence, Pete fell off and who was left......Repeat....... and for those that don't have kids, whoa.........patience, whew....don't know if I could do this !!!! I mean I have a TON of patience, but ........I tell Craig you just ****have**** to take on the responsibility and do stuff and "learn" that way. I helped him with his cell phone bill on-line yesterday, he was supposed to have a $50 courtesy credit, but it wasn't taken off. I MADE him sit and listen to how I "handled" it ....I was on the phone for 45 min, but after speaking with a supervisor, I got it all situated and he was like, wow, I don't think I could do that. I'm like yes you could, just have patience, be calm AND nice (not rude) and you get what you need done !!!

Also, the Jamaican "rudeness"......that's a TOUGH one to break !!!! He tells me ALL the time I'm toooo nice!!! I said you can't go to the store or food place and say GIVE me....whatever ........you HAVE to say please and thank you!!!

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Kelly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.