Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: That day last November when there were like five of us calling the Embassy trying to get our interview dates. If you are ever bored go back to the 1st Yardie Thread and read those few pages. It's a classic!!

Lawd I remember that! :lol: I was mad because D said he didn't get an interview date...then come to find out it was for December 1st (I think, seems like so long ago) I had that bet going with you Mindy :P

Good afternoon ladies,

Nyseness i see you there- how are things, don't think I forgot about you.

Darah- I was never in such a situaton but i have had falling out with my mom over guys before- you took off at least 20lbs with that. You go girrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

squito- congrats on your new job- and the good news, so atleast you won't haveto be bothered withthis immigration process for the next 2 years.

I have a few questions for teh veterans here.

I am in a little bind because my mom misplaced my birth paper and i do not have the numbers for it. Is it possible to go to the intereveiw without it?

Also I was reading from the aove post the embassy requires a certified copy of your marriage certificate- can't they just take acopy or use the original?

Certified does that mean I can just take it to the notary and have them stamp it?

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i don't understand in regards to the guidelines i am now reading in the AOS section is that i will need to submit 13. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.one more thing.........................should i assume that the fact that my birth certificate, medical report etc are in that "DO NOT OPEN" package i gave to DHS when i arrive i won't need to provide these when filing for AOS??????

You need to find a "Certified Civil Surgeon" in your area so that you can get the Vaccination Supplement from them. That is what the I693a is. Go the the USCIS website to find the doctors in your area. Call around to all of them until you find one who will JUST give you the supplement and not make you go through the whole medical exam again. Prices (and knowledge) varies from Doctor to Doctor. The one we found charges us $100.00 to fill out a piece of paper....

You MUST give them the I693a in a sealed envelope when you file the AOS. You will get an RFE if you don't.

Regarding the Birth Certificate -- they want a color copy of the original. Just because you gave them an original at the interview does not negate the fact that they want another copy. We had Roy get two certified copies of his Birth Certificate. One we gave them at the interview -- one we have here. And he has needed for people to "see" his Original Certified Certificate -- for his State ID, registering for school, Social Security card, to open a bank account and they just wanted to see it as his job.

I am in a little bind because my mom misplaced my birth paper and i do not have the numbers for it. Is it possible to go to the intereveiw without it?

Also I was reading from the aove post the embassy requires a certified copy of your marriage certificate- can't they just take acopy or use the original? Certified does that mean I can just take it to the notary and have them stamp it?

I don't know about the K3 but I know when they ask for something they usually want it. Can you get another copy of your Birth Certificate from the State?

The "Certified Marriage Certificate" is the one you get from the State after you filed and got married -- not the one the pastor or judge gives you at the ceremony. The certified certificate is an official record of the marriage with the state.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Good morning everybody...Happy Tuesday!!!

Squito started work yesterday. He's working at a furniture warehouse in Queens. So far he likes it. The people are nice and he even met someone from his hometown in Trelawny. We even get a nice discount which is very nice!! I feel like a proud mother who sends her child off to the first day of school. It's so nice to see his progress over the last few months that he's been here. Everyday, I fall deeper in love with my husband (L) . The challenges of the LDR and then all this immigration effery really brought us closer together. Yesterday, in the mail, we finally received Squito's "Welcome to America" letter. As we sat there reading it together, a feeling of peace and calm came over both of us and all we could do is look at each other and smile. The anxiety of our immigration ordeal has subsided...we don't have to think about it or deal with it for the next 2 years. That's such a wonderful feeling :yes::yes::yes:

The letter says his greencard should arrive within the next 3 weeks. We've made the final decision that we will be moving to CT soon. We can move now, the only thing that kept us here was his AOS case and not wanting to shake things up until an approval was handed down. We feel so free :dance::dance::dance:

Amen! and Wohoo!!! :D I am so glad for you!! Congrats to Squitto on his new job! Last night I woke Henry up to say "Hey, you have been at your job four months now!!!" He was like "yeah..............." roll over back to sleep. LOL But we can't take these milestones for granted. I don't believe in luck - God's been mighty good.

:yes::yes:

Me either!!! Congrats!!!! :dance:

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Name Denden; aka dee&dav.

SO's Name: David.

My Significant Other Hails From : Westmoreland, JA( In the hills near Lucy)

Where is he now?: Kissing me on the cheek. :luv:

Wedding Date: - 2/14/05: Perfect! very intimate private ceremony, I will never forget.

At What Point of the Visa Journey are you?: Awaiting AOS approval. We were told at AOS interview that there was an alien petition file in question :huh: , they need to make sure our cases do not match??

What's your JA connection/How did you meet?: Met while on vacation soul searching and praying for dramatic changes in my life. :luv: He worked as a water sports supervisor at a resort in Negril. Offered me a a sail boat experience I'll never forget. I Visited Ja four more times there after. We met up in the Dominican Republic for a vacation once over Christmas.

Do you have a pic?: Yes our wedding pics are up on yahoo.

What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: I would have to agree with Squitto and Mindy those were quite memorable moments :yes: . To add I remember all the times I sat here in font of my computer laughing until I was in tears :lol: for example.the time Jonesie's now husband, did not have the right birth certificate, she was so vexed, I was killing mi sef laughing, I'll never forget it :D [/color]

Offered me a a sail boat experience I'll never forget

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone!! I have been in this forum many times, but this is the 1st time that I am actually saying hello to you all!! Everyone here seems to have such a great relationship!!! I hope that I can join in on the conversations and fun sometime!! Have a good day!! :D

Tamisha

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Welcome Belly's Girl.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Denden - girl that day I was seein red I was so mad :lol: you know how men don't listen...but everything worked out fine (L)

Welcome Belly's Girl

I am fallin asleep here at work...D called and asked what's for dinner. I told him whatever he's cooking :lol:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline

Name : Michele

SO's Name: Tristan (pet name)

My Significant Other Hails From : Falmouth, Trelawny, Jamaica

Where is he now?: In JA :(

Wedding Date: ????

At What Point of the Visa Journey are you?: plan on filing K-1 sometime in my life time

Do you have a pic?: will post again on yahoo soon; but most of you have seen my mug :P

What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: everyday is memorable, that's why I keep coming back :luv:

Best wishes to Julie and Michael on their upcoming bundle of joy!!

Jax, I know you'll be leaving soon for your upcoming nuptials. All the best to you and Dwain!! (L)(L)

Best wishes to Jamie as she leaves her job and starts school soon.

Timeline

Name Jax

SO's Name: Dwain

My Significant Other Hails From : Montego Bay right in the city

Where is he now?: On his way to work

Wedding Date: - 8/8/06

At What Point of the Visa Journey are you?: Getting Married starting the K-3 and Cr-1 8/17 when I get back.

What's your JA connection/How did you meet?: I meet Dwain Brown in January of 1998 when I took a class called Educational Experience in Jamaica MUS 324-15. I taught concert band at Herbert Morrison Technical High School where Dwain was a student in their concert band. I went down again in June 1998 for the College Band Program. This is a program that all Jamaican and USA students get together and put on performances for 10 days. I went down again in January and June of 1999. Dwain graduated from Herbert Morrison in June 1998 but loved visiting our group at the Verney House Hotel and loved playing his instruments. Dwain and I had an interest in each other in June of 1999. We started official dating June of 2000. Dwain was my friend long before we started dating. I would go with the College group for two more trips in 2001. At this point we knew we were madly in love. I came by myself for the first time December 2001 after I graduated and spent 30 days with him. I meet his mom who is really nice and she is really his aunt. She feel in love with me too and so did I. Dwain and I got engaged March 2002 he asked me over the phone and I said yes. Well I have made several trips prior to our meeting. We started planning our wedding in March 2006. We are now getting married at Summerhill Villa near Montego Bay. Were are family and friends are meeting for the first time. We were so happy that our parents have supported us through this long distance relationship.

Do you have a pic?: Yes our are up on yahoo.

What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: When I joined the yardie thread in Dec 2005 everyone was so friendly. You all have helped me out so much. And when Michele PM me for the first time I was like wow that is so cool.. Now I have gotten a lot more PMs. I will miss u all for 2 weeks.

:help: I just want to make sure that I am right on this applying for K-1 and K-3 I need 4 passport photos of Dwain? I will come one later tonight and check before I leave.

I will read the board a little bit more tonight I need to finish my odds and ends before I can rest and get ready to board the plane tommorow morning.

Everyone have a wonderful 2 weeks and I am sure there will be pages for me to read when I get back. I maybe able to get on when I have some down time at the villa and say hi.

Stay out of the heat and have loads of fun!

:P

One Luv

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Name : Michele

SO's Name: Tristan (pet name)

My Significant Other Hails From : Falmouth, Trelawny, Jamaica

Where is he now?: In JA :(

Wedding Date: ????

At What Point of the Visa Journey are you?: plan on filing K-1 sometime in my life time

Do you have a pic?: will post again on yahoo soon; but most of you have seen my mug :P

What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: everyday is memorable, that's why I keep coming back :luv:

Oh, I just wanted to add that we meet while I was vacationing at the hotel he was working at too. My girlfriend and I were taking pics with all the staff(guys) B) . Of course a few of the guys; ok several; asked for my number and address; which I wasn't really giving out but for those who insisted I would take their addresses so that I could send them a copy of the pics that we had taken. So...Tristan, who really was one of the quietest guys (never overtly hit on me) asked me for my number; because he said that I would forget him once I got back home. I gave it to him and when I got in the door from my trip there was a message on my machine; he was checking to see if I made it home ok. Mind you this was in the dead of winter of January 2004 when we were experiencing one of the coldest winters( minus 20 degress F, and this was the actual temp not the wind chill) . Even though it was cold as all that his words made me feel all warm and fuzzy :luv: And as they say the rest is history.

Hey all, just checking in. I've been really busy at work lately. I have two more departments and a lot more people to cover. Thankfully I will be off this Fri, Sat, and Sun. :dance:

Going back to catch up now :reading:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Offered me a a sail boat experience I'll never forget

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:hehe: Is your mind in the gutter?? :hehe::lol: I was a perfect angel :innocent: nothing happend.

Denden - girl that day I was seein red I was so mad :lol: you know how men don't listen...but everything worked out fine (L)

Welcome Belly's Girl

I am fallin asleep here at work...D called and asked what's for dinner. I told him whatever he's cooking :lol:

:lol: D's reply is always ....whateverrrrrr :angry: like it was some sort of joke or something. :blink:

Hey all, just checking in. I've been really busy at work lately. I have two more departments and a lot more people to cover. Thankfully I will be off this Fri, Sat, and Sun. :dance:

Going back to catch up now :reading:

:dance::dance: you so deserve it!!

Hi everyone!! I have been in this forum many times, but this is the 1st time that I am actually saying hello to you all!! Everyone here seems to have such a great relationship!!! I hope that I can join in on the conversations and fun sometime!! Have a good day!! :D

Tamisha

Hey Tamisha.

Quick questions for all you veterans......after your submit the AOS and your husband receives approval (green card).....What document does he use to travel back to Jamaica?????? Does he get a new passport or what happens...we are traveling back to Jamaica in April 2007 for his son's birthday....we should have the green card by then (God willing....) But I am not sure how that works.....HELP!!! :help:

All he will need is his Green Card. He will still use his Jamaican passport but he'll use his GC to prove that he's a US resident. If you apply for AP with AOS, he can use the AP until he gets the Green Card.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.