Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

1) Did you have to wait till status was adjusted to get a social security card or did they give one with the I-94 only? What was the process involved in getting one. the guide on this site does not really give you a certainty, just a If scenario?

Yes, she can get a SS card with no problem. It will just say on it "valid with work authorization" or something like that. In other words, as soon as an employer looks at it, they would be asking for her EAD to go along w/ it. After they become residents, I think you're supposed to go back to SS office and get a new card that doesn't have that line on it - but we still haven't updated Tony's yet :blush:

All in all, the SS card was one of the easiest things we did ;)

And no, as Mindy said, she DOES NOT need another Medical :no: Don't waste your money!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Last day Thank goodness its Wednesday :D Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Don't eat too much of your favorite dish ;)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

We finally ripped out the 88 year old furnace :o and installed central heat and air. But man was it messy!). Anywho.............

Non sequitor....what the heck is Beyonce signing on American Music Awards?!!! Hmm must be an NBA game on somewhere....where is that remote?

HEY -- We just got a new furnace last week too! Just what I wanted to spend my Christmas Bonus on :lol: And, yes, what was she thinking?????

1) Did you have to wait till status was adjusted to get a social security card or did they give one with the I-94 only? What was the process involved in getting one. the guide on this site does not really give you a certainty, just a If scenario?

...and it was one of our hardest. Our local SS office is staffed with IDIOTS. MDYoung "attached" the actual rules (from the SS) to get that "not vaild without.....blah, blah, blah" taken off the card. We went into the office with everything he gave us and the idiots still wouldn't do it. I was so frustrated at that point I didn't really care anymore. It's no biggie.....I should have asked to speak to a Supervisor but we had already spent two hours of our life there and I really didn't want to spend any more....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
So I am back up for air with a question.

My fiance gets a work permit on her arrival at JFK. Great, but we have a problem. So we go to social security to get a social security card and they are saying that the information on the I-94 was incorrect . I guess they are now immigration experts. Anyway, I figured that the immigration officer did make a mistake with the date given he put that the i-94 expired in February 2008 and not February 2007. So now we have to go to immigration at BWI airport to get a new I-94 card. The piss ### thing about this is that BWI does not give work permits. So we have a I-94 with a work permit that is no good, and we will get a corrected I-94 without a work permit. Short lived celebration huh? Iffeisha is handling it well cause we will just go ahead with school next year.

So I have a couple questions to those who been through this stage.

2) We are getting ready to file the I-485. Did you just do the vaccination supplement or do you have to do over the entire medical. Iffeisha has all her shots and did the vaccination supplement today for $25.00. The medical is $300.00. I am assuming the full medical is not needed. At least that is what is stated on thec I-485 package. Does anyone have an answer to this.

3) Now we have to get a new I-94 because the immigration officer here in Baltimore says that if we send in our status adjustment request with the one we have, we would get an RFE requesting a new I-94 because the data on the card is incorrect. Does this sound ok to you?

SS thing was unbelievably easy....Stephen we went to the SS office in Columbia and the entire process was about 10 min. All he needed was his I-94... and that was it.

Sorry you had to go through this....

Have a safe and happy Holiday everyone !!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All in all, the SS card was one of the easiest things we did ;)...and it was one of our hardest. Our local SS office is staffed with IDIOTS. MDYoung "attached" the actual rules (from the SS) to get that "not vaild without.....blah, blah, blah" taken off the card. We went into the office with everything he gave us and the idiots still wouldn't do it. I was so frustrated at that point I didn't really care anymore. It's no biggie.....I should have asked to speak to a Supervisor but we had already spent two hours of our life there and I really didn't want to spend any more....

Hello family.

Sorry that your SS office sucks. Damien applied for his new card (without the not valid...) two weeks ago and we had no probelms.

NOTE: please do not apply for the new card while job searching. We applied for his new card the same day he had a job interview. I had no idea they would keep his current one. Well the interviewer offered him the job the next day and wanted Damien to come in the following week to fill out paperwork, drug testing, etc. They would not except the receipt letter from the SS office like most companies....they wanted the card before his start date. Luckily it came in the mail a few days later....that was very close.

Happy Thanksgiving. I work this Friday :crying: what was I thinking :bonk:

We're going to see Sizzla this Saturday...can't wait. Enjoy the weekend.

...and it was one of our hardest. Our local SS office is staffed with IDIOTS. MDYoung "attached" the actual rules (from the SS) to get that "not vaild without.....blah, blah, blah" taken off the card. We went into the office with everything he gave us and the idiots still wouldn't do it. I was so frustrated at that point I didn't really care anymore. It's no biggie.....I should have asked to speak to a Supervisor but we had already spent two hours of our life there and I really didn't want to spend any more....

Hello family.

Sorry that your SS office sucks. Damien applied for his new card (without the not valid...) two weeks ago and we had no probelms.

NOTE: please do not apply for the new card while job searching. We applied for his new card the same day he had a job interview. I had no idea they would keep his current one. Well the interviewer offered him the job the next day and wanted Damien to come in the following week to fill out paperwork, drug testing, etc. They would not except the receipt letter from the SS office like most companies....they wanted the card before his start date. Luckily it came in the mail a few days later....that was very close.

Happy Thanksgiving. I work this Friday :crying: what was I thinking :bonk:

We're going to see Sizzla this Saturday...can't wait. Enjoy the weekend.

:angry: I work this Friday to but 11/27/2006 HELLO JAMAICA :dance::dance:

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

While we were at the SS office I got an "official" paper from them stating that he is eligible to work. When he got the job at Target "their" HR service couldn't/didn't want to deal with the fact that his SS number was new and they didn't have the updated printouts from the SS Admin.....so, they were showing that his number was not valid.

Didn't want to have to go through that again.....at least something good came from that horrible day :wacko:

Have a great thanksgiving!! :pop:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

Hey everyone!

Got back late last night after 12 wonderful days away. Been trying to catch up on everything inbetween doing laundry, food shopping and trying to keep warm.

Congratulations to everyone. :) It us wonderful to read all the great news.

Lots of changes at the airport except the people working there. The weather was awesome, only rained then next to the last day and the day we were leaving.

I hated leaving Bert there but I got his ticket this morning so January 11th he will be heading here so the middle of the following week we will have a small service unless we go to a neighboring state where there is no waiting period we may get married that weekend.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Gotta go read some more good news from everyone.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline
Hey everyone!

Got back late last night after 12 wonderful days away. Been trying to catch up on everything inbetween doing laundry, food shopping and trying to keep warm.

Lots of changes at the airport except the people working there. The weather was awesome, only rained then next to the last day and the day we were leaving.

I hated leaving Bert there but I got his ticket this morning so January 11th he will be heading here so the middle of the following week we will have a small service unless we go to a neighboring state where there is no waiting period we may get married that weekend.

WELCOME BACK!! I am so jealous of u for having such a great trip!! I'm sure everything was wonderful, and I know you can't wait to get Bert here, but not to worry- The 11th isn't that far away!! Have a great Thanksgiving!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Happy Thanksgiving Family!!!!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey everyone!

WELCOME BACK!! I am so jealous of u for having such a great trip!! I'm sure everything was wonderful, and I know you can't wait to get Bert here, but not to worry- The 11th isn't that far away!! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Welcome back and congrads on your good news!! What better way to start the New Year :dance:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Hey everyone!

Welcome back. January 11th will be here before you know it.

Filed: Timeline

Welcome home Darlene.

Have a good trip Tanya!

Hope everything works out for your family Stephen.

Shauna are you ready?

How are you Kelly?

Does anyone else have to work on Friday like me? :angry:

Elizabeth I admire your dedication to renovate an old house. I know I couldn't do it.

Everyone have a great day tomorrow!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.