Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Good evening everyone,

Apparently whatever type of mite or whatever we had, gave us Lyme and/or co-infections. It costs about $300 for a dependable test and then a bit more to test for the co-infections. So I just cant do it right at the moment, what with Christmas coming and then Lake going home to Guyana for Christmas.

It isn't affecting him too horribly at work so much, as when he gets home, then he is in terrible pain. His hip, neck, and back are really acting up. Our skin is horrible, covered with this strange dry weird webbing, no matter how much lotion or oil you put on.

The doc has given us meds, but apparently is a very long road, and you are plagued with skin infections along the way. Man, it hurts. The only way to describe it when you lay down to sleep is like laying on shards of glass. So..on top of everything...lack of sleep. Grrrr!

Well, I dont mean to go on bout that...so enough already...

He is real sweet, but sometimes I wished he would think about ME. I left him alone for awhile in Walmart, and when I came back...(I KNEW he didnt), I asked him "Well, are ya done scouting for my Christmas present?????" Man, I get ticked sometimes. I know he gives me his paycheck, but he is on the credit card, he could sneakily buy me somethin many times over and so far, he has yet to do so. Never. He goes to the gas station every week to buy lotto tickets, with fund money I give him, til we get caught up, would it be so hard to bring me a lil surprise once in a while?

Well, done ranting for now...its been building and I certainly needed to release it. I am not looking forward to tellin Mom, I did tell sis and she went off the deep end, and got me all stressed out, and she is usually the easy going one. Sigh....sure makes it hard on me...

Jill

Jill with everything that's going on sounds like you need a likkle TLC (L):blush: I hope you both get to feeling better. I hope hubby finds a clue :blush: about your much needed TLC.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good morning everyone....soon on my way to head for work....yippie :whistle:

hope everyone has a great day!! :D

Hey Shauna, when is Mike flying home?? Are you all prepared for his arrival?

ok...i don't know what is going on with my fiance, but i swear he is doing everything in his power to test the last little bit of patience that i have for him---

I think I can safely say that all of us have been through this at one point in time. It is sooooo difficult to get anything done in Jamaica and here in the U.S. we're used to getting things done in a timely manner. I remember being really stressed out waiting for Tony to get his passport and then the police record and medical. He had no car so he had to find someone to drive him, plus he had to wait until he had a day off because everything is such a long, drawn out process.

Please be patient. Everything will get done. You can't physically go down there and do these final things so you have to TRUST and RELY on him to do them. I know its hard :blush: Hang in there!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Goodmorning all!

Shauna how are your plans coming for Mike's arrival?

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Yippee I got my employer letter today I am sending in my I-864 form and paying IV fee bill today after work whooo. One more part to go before its complete at NVC!! :dance: I think I need to go buy a lotto ticket I am getting lucky. I even got things down at work faster today ahahah. I mean I have to get all my letters translated into spanish and the teacher got that done in one day. I am excited about that because I am very last minute about things. Christmas programs here are in 2 weeks.

Purple in Chicago sounds like fun since its only an hour 15 on a good day for me. I would love to see the Color Purple. I was going to take Dwain when he got here. I am a big theater music person if anyone hasn't guessed that by now.

How is everybodys planning going for thanksgiving. Is there any special dishes you make?

I have to make the sweet potato apple crisp recipe and sweet potato chicken stew.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

ok...i don't know what is going on with my fiance, but i swear he is doing everything in his power to test the last little bit of patience that i have for him---
I think I can safely say that all of us have been through this at one point in time. It is sooooo difficult to get anything done in Jamaica and here in the U.S. we're used to getting things done in a timely manner
I was there :wacko: I can't even tell you how many times I wanted to call it all off because I was so stressed about Roy not getting things done in the time I wanted them done.....in the end, it all worked out. Try to be patient :energetic: and just know he will be here soon....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I am back up for air with a question.

My fiance gets a work permit on her arrival at JFK. Great, but we have a problem. So we go to social security to get a social security card and they are saying that the information on the I-94 was incorrect . I guess they are now immigration experts. Anyway, I figured that the immigration officer did make a mistake with the date given he put that the i-94 expired in February 2008 and not February 2007. So now we have to go to immigration at BWI airport to get a new I-94 card. The piss ### thing about this is that BWI does not give work permits. So we have a I-94 with a work permit that is no good, and we will get a corrected I-94 without a work permit. Short lived celebration huh? Iffeisha is handling it well cause we will just go ahead with school next year.

So I have a couple questions to those who been through this stage.

1) Did you have to wait till status was adjusted to get a social security card or did they give one with the I-94 only? What was the process involved in getting one. the guide on this site does not really give you a certainty, just a If scenario?

2) We are getting ready to file the I-485. Did you just do the vaccination supplement or do you have to do over the entire medical. Iffeisha has all her shots and did the vaccination supplement today for $25.00. The medical is $300.00. I am assuming the full medical is not needed. At least that is what is stated on thec I-485 package. Does anyone have an answer to this.

3) Now we have to get a new I-94 because the immigration officer here in Baltimore says that if we send in our status adjustment request with the one we have, we would get an RFE requesting a new I-94 because the data on the card is incorrect. Does this sound ok to you?

1) I have never really understood the whole SS thing (and my SS office really gave us the "run-around") so I don't want to give you bad information. I suggest you post this question in the AOS forum.....MDYoung is always in there and he will be able to help you. Getting the card is not a bad process....there are just some things you need to know to make it go smoother and he will help you (I think he works -- no, I KNOW he works for Social Security :yes: )

2) You only need the Vaccination Supplement. The medical she did for the K-1 is effective for one year. If possible have her get a copy of the Supplement before the Doctor puts it in the sealed envelope -- just for your records.

3) I guess that makes sense about the new I-94.....some how, some way their mistake always effects you....sorry. It sounded like such a great thing.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Whoopie I got the IV fee bill even though I can't believe how much it cost I am so happy :dance: !! I am almost done with my side of the work. I should be done with my stuff by middle of December hopefully and Dwain can do packet 3 and 4 for the next 2 months. Even though he is really whinny when I tell him to fill out paper work. What is up with that. He acts like I should know everything about him but his parent thing is really different to I sometimes I am lost. Anyways Just a happy day. I wish my employer would hurry up and write me that letter of employment. :help: What are they suppose to write in that I am employed and make XX,XXX amount of dollars? or does it need to include the last year years like my taxes? Everyone have a good night. 2 days of work to go!!! RARA GO BEARS!

Wow Jax that is great news. You case is just moving along... :thumbs:

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

Purple in Chicago sounds like fun since its only an hour 15 on a good day for me. I would love to see the Color Purple. I was going to take Dwain when he got here. I am a big theater music person if anyone hasn't guessed that by now.

I would love to go see the Color Purple :yes: Out here in California we don't get Broadway shows :no: I have some friends who went in June they said the show was good and well worth the travel.

ok...i don't know what is going on with my fiance, but i swear he is doing everything in his power to test the last little bit of patience that i have for him---and i mean it...on friday evening, we talked, and i found out that he has yet to receive his appt. letter from the embassy...well, of course he didn't seemed too fazed by it, although he knows that he needs it to schedule his medical, and well...the interview is in 2 1/2 weeks!! So...i told him (yes told, because i am sick of suggesting to him) that he better make it his business to go to kingston to pick up the d@!! letter on tuesday because i'm sure medical appts. aren't all that easy to come by...he seems to think that because a medical is done in a day we will be fine...not even thinking about what if there AREN'T appt. times available between now and then...ON TOP OF THAT...he still doesn't have the freakin marriage form...he said that he went by the office one day last week and the lady told him that it takes 5-10 working days to come back...well, first off, i pointed out that he has not received ANYTHING that he was supposed to from anyone in Jamaica, so what makes him think that this will be the sole exception---you just can't trust what these people say to be true....then when i pointed out the fact that 10 working days from today was Dec. 4th, then he was like, "don't u think i've been thinking about it? i know!" at which point i went into, "well i sure wish you would STOP thinking and start DOING mode...hell i think about a lot of stuff, but when it's time to get stuff done, it should be done...actually this stuff should have BEEN done...at least the marriage form part anyway...the Embassy letter maybe not because we've been waiting for only a week and i was trying to give JA the benefit of the doubt....so i have been fuming for the past couple of days and i haven't talked to him because i just feel like we are going to end up arguing more...and i just don't want to deal with that....this is the first time that i've actually felt like not dealing with him at all....then he brings up this whole thing about how i don't trust that he will get things done (and i did not confirm nor deny his allegations)...i simply said 'whatever'...i'll talk to u l8tr....seriously, i am so sick of this whole thing i don't know what to do...and unfortunately its causing some serious problems between us.... :(

BTW,

GOOD MORNING FOLX!! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT U, BUT I"M READY FOR SOME GOOD EATING LATER ON THIS WEEK!! :D:D

WHEW!!! girl you do not need to run your b/p up but let him know he needs to go to the embassy with his case # and pick-up the letter. Tell him he has to do the Medical at least 7-10 days out so that the results will be at the ebassy for the interview. We had problems with the NON-IMPEDIMENT Of marriage thing to because they bring them to you they want give them to you at the office. He can make his Medical appt before he get the letter in hand he just has to present it when he gets the medical tell him to call and make the appointment!!!!!!! Then he will have time to go GET the letter. Hope I helped I ran my Blood Pressure up too. But he can make movements now. Our interview is 11/28/2006 so i know how you feel.

Much luv

I wasn't sure if he could go ahead and schedule the medical appt or not, but since u gave me this info, I suppose I'll call him 2day and tell him to set it up ASAP! As for the Non-Impediment form, I don't understand why they just won't give it to you once they get it back? That's dumb! Do they deliver it or something!? Trust me I'm probably at STROKE level as far as Blood Pressure is concerned!! This is just too crazy! :wacko::wacko: I just want to make sure all the stuff is done, and unfortunately I'm not there to do so, so I have to rely solely on him to do his part (this is sooooooo hard!) Anyhoo, good luck on your interview! The 28th is SO SOON!! Are you going to be there? :thumbs:

I saw this on another forum. I looked through it...it seems good enough, and the folks and JA don't need internet connection:

http://www.foreignphone.com/

Thanks, it looks like a good deal but won't work for me since most of the ppl I speak to only have a cell phone and the ones that don't all have NetSpeak so they can call me for free.

Yes I fly out on 11/27/06 I am so nervous!! And yeah they have to deliver it.

I would love to go see the Color Purple :yes: Out here in California we don't get Broadway shows :no: I have some friends who went in June they said the show was good and well worth the travel.

ok...i don't know what is going on with my fiance, but i swear he is doing everything in his power to test the last little bit of patience that i have for him---and i mean it...on friday evening, we talked, and i found out that he has yet to receive his appt. letter from the embassy...well, of course he didn't seemed too fazed by it, although he knows that he needs it to schedule his medical, and well...the interview is in 2 1/2 weeks!! So...i told him (yes told, because i am sick of suggesting to him) that he better make it his business to go to kingston to pick up the d@!! letter on tuesday because i'm sure medical appts. aren't all that easy to come by...he seems to think that because a medical is done in a day we will be fine...not even thinking about what if there AREN'T appt. times available between now and then...ON TOP OF THAT...he still doesn't have the freakin marriage form...he said that he went by the office one day last week and the lady told him that it takes 5-10 working days to come back...well, first off, i pointed out that he has not received ANYTHING that he was supposed to from anyone in Jamaica, so what makes him think that this will be the sole exception---you just can't trust what these people say to be true....then when i pointed out the fact that 10 working days from today was Dec. 4th, then he was like, "don't u think i've been thinking about it? i know!" at which point i went into, "well i sure wish you would STOP thinking and start DOING mode...hell i think about a lot of stuff, but when it's time to get stuff done, it should be done...actually this stuff should have BEEN done...at least the marriage form part anyway...the Embassy letter maybe not because we've been waiting for only a week and i was trying to give JA the benefit of the doubt....so i have been fuming for the past couple of days and i haven't talked to him because i just feel like we are going to end up arguing more...and i just don't want to deal with that....this is the first time that i've actually felt like not dealing with him at all....then he brings up this whole thing about how i don't trust that he will get things done (and i did not confirm nor deny his allegations)...i simply said 'whatever'...i'll talk to u l8tr....seriously, i am so sick of this whole thing i don't know what to do...and unfortunately its causing some serious problems between us.... :(

BTW,

GOOD MORNING FOLX!! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT U, BUT I"M READY FOR SOME GOOD EATING LATER ON THIS WEEK!! :D:D

WHEW!!! girl you do not need to run your b/p up but let him know he needs to go to the embassy with his case # and pick-up the letter. Tell him he has to do the Medical at least 7-10 days out so that the results will be at the ebassy for the interview. We had problems with the NON-IMPEDIMENT Of marriage thing to because they bring them to you they want give them to you at the office. He can make his Medical appt before he get the letter in hand he just has to present it when he gets the medical tell him to call and make the appointment!!!!!!! Then he will have time to go GET the letter. Hope I helped I ran my Blood Pressure up too. But he can make movements now. Our interview is 11/28/2006 so i know how you feel.

Much luv

I wasn't sure if he could go ahead and schedule the medical appt or not, but since u gave me this info, I suppose I'll call him 2day and tell him to set it up ASAP! As for the Non-Impediment form, I don't understand why they just won't give it to you once they get it back? That's dumb! Do they deliver it or something!? Trust me I'm probably at STROKE level as far as Blood Pressure is concerned!! This is just too crazy! :wacko::wacko: I just want to make sure all the stuff is done, and unfortunately I'm not there to do so, so I have to rely solely on him to do his part (this is sooooooo hard!) Anyhoo, good luck on your interview! The 28th is SO SOON!! Are you going to be there? :thumbs:

I saw this on another forum. I looked through it...it seems good enough, and the folks and JA don't need internet connection:

http://www.foreignphone.com/

Thanks, it looks like a good deal but won't work for me since most of the ppl I speak to only have a cell phone and the ones that don't all have NetSpeak so they can call me for free.

Yes I fly out on 11/27/06 I am so nervous!! And yeah they have to deliver it.

Safe travels to you, and congrads on your interview :dance::dance: Everything will be fine :thumbs:

Sorry about all the extra posts :wacko:

SORRY ABOUT ALL THE EXTRA POSTS :wacko: I WAS TRYING TO GO BACK AND CORRECT IT AND ONLY MADE IT WORST :unsure:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
I think I can safely say that all of us have been through this at one point in time. It is sooooo difficult to get anything done in Jamaica and here in the U.S. we're used to getting things done in a timely manner
I was there :wacko: I can't even tell you how many times I wanted to call it all off because I was so stressed about Roy not getting things done in the time I wanted them done.....in the end, it all worked out. Try to be patient :energetic: and just know he will be here soon....

Patiences is the key. I agree.

I mailed my hubby 2 weeks ago DS230 express and he still has not sent it. He said he didn't go today because it was raining but promises to go tomorrow. We will see. I have to remind him everyday for the pass two weeks he doesn't get mad at me though for this. He just needs a good push. I am pushing him to go pick up the marriage licenses to. I told him I would get when I arrive or I would spend the whole trip at his moms so I know it will be done. My key to Success is ultimatums. Just like I told him I wouldn't come visit until he had a current birth certificate and applied for a passport. I just know how slow things are down there. Try taking care of 5 men at once for two weeks. I felt like the biggest mom telling them all to be on time.

Patiences the key to happiness :yes:

It will all work out don't make yourself sick.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi my peoples!

How is everyone doing?? I am doing well, but really busy at home (so much work to do with an old house. Sigh. We finally ripped out the 88 year old furnace :o and installed central heat and air. But man was it messy!). Anywho.............

just wanted to wish all of you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!! Those of you travelling....wishing you safe travels! Be blessed all!

Non sequitor....what the heck is Beyonce signing on American Music Awards?!!! Hmm must be an NBA game on somewhere....where is that remote?

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
Hello everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:D

well mike got his airplane ticket in the mail today.....just waiting on the visa to come....good feeling it will come tomorow!!!

just can't wait to see him walk through immigration...... :D:wub:

Congrats Shauna!! Long time waiting. I sure hope the visa arrives for you guys in time. Have fun on Thursday! ;) B)

Hi my peoples!

How is everyone doing?? I am doing well, but really busy at home (so much work to do with an old house. Sigh. We finally ripped out the 88 year old furnace :o and installed central heat and air. But man was it messy!). Anywho.............

just wanted to wish all of you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!! Those of you travelling....wishing you safe travels! Be blessed all!

Non sequitor....what the heck is Beyonce signing on American Music Awards?!!! Hmm must be an NBA game on somewhere....where is that remote?

How are you Elizabeth haven't seen you around for awhile. How is your new furnance doing? It looks like your doing just fine. Happy Turkey Day to you also.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Hello everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:D

well mike got his airplane ticket in the mail today.....just waiting on the visa to come....good feeling it will come tomorow!!!

just can't wait to see him walk through immigration...... :D:wub:

:dance: Glad things are going well for you :dance:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.