Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Miss. Kimmy :( give duane a big hug for me!! i hope he hets better...after i talked to you i called mike and said no more chicken bones ever...had a flash back of mommy dearest in my head :lol::lol:

but kim...you 2 are in my thoughts!!!

thanks everyone for the congratz!!!! i know i know everyone told me it would work out but after what happend tuesday i wasn't so sure....he just needs to get his little tush on the plane thursday.....

Congrats Shauna. You two deserve this. Be good to each other and do not be a stranger now that you are a graduate of the Yardie program.

To all, we got marraid today. Beautiful ceremony and out of this world lunch. Thanks for the support from you all. Iffeisha is still in awe at how well we were catered for at my job. Will keeep you posted. Will post pics if I can figure out how to do it

i'm so glad it worked out for you guys today!! can't wait to see the pics!!!

i won't be a stranger...got the aos coming up :D

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Shauna. You two deserve this. Be good to each other and do not be a stranger now that you are a graduate of the Yardie program.

To all, we got marraid today. Beautiful ceremony and out of this world lunch. Thanks for the support from you all. Iffeisha is still in awe at how well we were catered for at my job. Will keeep you posted. Will post pics if I can figure out how to do it

Congrads :dance::dance: to you and your new wife :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Stephen (F)

I hope Duane starts feeling better. I hope this isn't too personal but what kind of bleeding is he having? Internal bleeding? Whatever it is it sounds awful. I need to make sure I have all my facts straight before I scare Andre :whistle::lol:

Glad to see that everyone else is doing ok! If anyone is still in contact with some of the oldies (but goodies :P ) I would love to know how they are doing (Popcorn, rita and tashi, Ms Parker, Leoschampion, Jillybean to mention a few) I hope that they are all doing alright!

I just wanted to let you all know how appreciative and thankful I am for each and everyone of you! Thanks for all the love and support over the last year and a half (long huh :huh: ) You are all wonderful :thumbs:

I also would like to let Mindy know publicly that she is the greatest and I have a lot of love for her :luv::luv::luv: Don't worry girl I won't tease you about a purple tree! I think it sounds exotic :lol:

Shemanya~ Girl have a wonderful Christmas...it sounds great! Maybe you could accidentally lose some of those extra ornaments...maybe a freak accident in which the majority are broken :whistle::lol:

Jonesie~ Congrats to Drew! If you get a chance I would love to hear what you think about online classes...I am considering it but weighing my options. What is on your Thanksgiving menu?

Squitto~ Is the move on track? Hope you are well...I would love to see some of your photographs! I bet you are wonderful.

Rhonda~ Girl you are awesome! How is work going? Still ready to quit or is it getting better?

Jill~ I am saying so many prayers for you and your family (L) I can't even begin to imagine your pain. I hope you are all healed soon! Still no doctors with any explanations?

Myisha~ Where are our pics!?? I am dying to see baby Makayla (sp?) and how the boys are doing!

Den~ Glad you and D are well and that the kids are coming along :thumbs: Any word on the green card?

Anna~ Congrat on the marriage! How does it feel to be a married woman?

Much love to everyone (L)

Anyways I was in a talky mood and just wanted to say some things....have a great night everyone!

Edited by Jme3584

I spent alot of my childhood Christmas' in Southern California -- I LOVE the colored flocked trees. That's is something I have NEVER seen in the midwest. Maybe that's why I just had to have a colored tree...

Mindy, you just HAVE to be different :P:lol:

Also......just a word of caution for all your husbands/men that eat chicken bones...........we spent the evening in the emergency room last night and we are going back in for more testing next week. Duane has been bleeding really bad and they think it might be related to the chicken bones. Apparently, they sliver like wood no matter how good they are chewed and they can do major damage to the intestines..... :(:(

Oh my :o I hope he's all right. How can they tell JA men NOT to eat chicken bones?? :o

To all, we got marraid today. Beautiful ceremony and out of this world lunch.

CONGRATS :dance: I'm glad you guys had a great day! What was the dress like? Yes, we want pics! :yes:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

I wanted to personally thank you all for all your prayers and well wishes.

And Jme, gosh we have been to dr, gyncecologist, derms, called health departments, university, infectious diseases, you name it, repeatedly. I am pretty certain we have contracted Lyme disease, we seem to have about 30 out of 35 listed symptoms. Thing is, Lyme can bring on a whole darn host of probs, chronic fatigue, candida (chronic yeast infections), joint pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, MS, brain fog, vision deterioration, you name it, it can bring it on.

Have been having arthritis so bad, Lake and I can barely move around, we are like lil old people. Its really horrid. Mom's doc even had the audacity to smirk and say "I DOUBT you have contracted Lyme" and refused to even do the test (she at least has Medicare). I asked him, wasnt it WEIRD we ALL contracted severe arthritis and all these other weird symptoms at the SAME time????...no help from the medical sector at all, really, its why its so discouraging. They seem to just want to give you a pat answer and not look for any real problems.

You guys are all so supportive, I luv ya so much...thanks for caring and continue keepin us in your prayers if you will. I have raised heavens rafters looking for answers, he is giving them to me one at a time, it seems. :lol: And with me being the "impatient" sort...

Hugs

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

To all, we got marraid today. Beautiful ceremony and out of this world lunch. Thanks for the support from you all. Iffeisha is still in awe at how well we were catered for at my job
Congratulations and best of luck to you both (L)

ANN -- How did the medical go yesterday????

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline
well didn't get such a great phone call this morning form mr. mikey..one of his friends was stabbed and killed last night at a dance....he doesn't know all the details yet but is feeling kind of down...so please keep him in your thoguhts! (F)

I'm so sorry to hear this. The violence is Jamaica is something that is constantly on my mind. Even though I know we are not immune to the same problems here in the U.S. it just seems so commonplace there. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't fear for the lives of my loved ones there. It's so sad really.

I'm sure you can be a source of consolation to Mike Shauna. I know that you'll be happy when he finally gets here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congrats Stephen!!

Kim, I hope Duane feels better soon and his blood count returns to normal levels soon. How is your sister?

Jill, I don't even know what to say but my heart goes out to your family. A couple of years ago I was sick and the doc's took several thousands dollars worth of tests to determine what was wrong. None of the tests showed any abnormalites but the doctor's could see the changes in physical appearance. It was so frustrating so I can imagine how you must feel. Don't give up. Continue to ask for tests and referrals to other doctor's. What ever was wrong with me corrected itself but it was several months before I returned to normal.

Congrats to the new driver's and D :P (sorry denden I couldn't resist) and also the men and woman on their new jobs.

BTW Stephen I would love to see the pictures too. We have a group on Yahoo where mainly post pics. If you'd like to join that group please PM Ms Squitto for an invite.

Everyone enjoy their weekends!!

Today is Julie(sbys) and Michael's "big" wedding in Negril. Can't wait to see the pics Julie.

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Timeline
well didn't get such a great phone call this morning form mr. mikey..one of his friends was stabbed and killed last night at a dance....he doesn't know all the details yet but is feeling kind of down...so please keep him in your thoguhts! (F)

So sorry to hear that about Mickey's friend my condlences to you guys. (F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I hope Duane starts feeling better. I hope this isn't too personal but what kind of bleeding is he having? Internal bleeding? Whatever it is it sounds awful. I need to make sure I have all my facts straight before I scare Andre :whistle::lol:

Hey Jamie-

He has internal bleeding......when he goes to the bathroom.......he found it because the toilet is filled with red blood..........the water is completely dark red!!! It scared the be-jezzzus out of me when I saw it. Just like Mindy said....they splinter really bad and that is why they do not recommend feading them to dogs.

Oh my :o I hope he's all right. How can they tell JA men NOT to eat chicken bones?? :o

Yep.......and the amount of blood and the testing scared Duane into stopping!!!! Needless to say........We will be cooking boneless chicken breasts from now on........ :whistle:

That sounds terrible!!! Hope Mike is okay..........

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

one of his friends was stabbed and killed last night at a dance....he doesn't know all the details yet but is feeling kind of down...so please keep him in your thoguhts! (F)
It's so amazing how such a beautiful place can be so dangerous.....he will be here soon.....our thoughts are with Mikey (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

Sorry to hear it just seem like the crime in JA will never end. I know you must be glas knowing he is coming home soon.

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone

:)

I know this isn't my "section" but I had to stop by and see what this thread was as I kept seeing it as the thread last posted on. So here I am. I read through a few pages and I have to say you all seem soooo nice!!! What a great bunch, so caring about each other.

But... what's a Yardie?? :huh:

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Timeline
Hello everyone

:)

I know this isn't my "section" but I had to stop by and see what this thread was as I kept seeing it as the thread last posted on. So here I am. I read through a few pages and I have to say you all seem soooo nice!!! What a great bunch, so caring about each other.

But... what's a Yardie?? :huh:

A Yardie is someone from JA. Like how some would call Americans Yankee.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.