Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well for whatever reason i am the lucky person that the process has been made hard for :(

mike got there and was standing on the other side of the road and the securtiy guard announced....NO BLUE PAPERS TODAY :(:(

i'm a little frustrated because since when does the embassy get to make the rules...on the back of the paper it says nothing about today being an exception....i am just so pissed...i told mike to go and try to beg the officer to let him in because i already booked his flight for next thursday...and well of course he wouldn't...so here i sit for 2 more days until he has to go back....

i just don't understand why these things are being made so difficult for us...i'm trying to be a good sport about it and yes i know he has thursday but there are other problems like the visa what if he doesn't get it in time...the way our luck has been going he won't...i just feel like i am going to have a break down...

I am so sorry to hear but I also agree w/everyone else. It will work out and he will be here soon.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hello everyone.

I have some good news. Javon has the marriage cert and will be sending it to me along w/his son's birth cert this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to file by Thanksgiving.

Congrats!! We are still waiting on our offical one.

Shauna wish I could say something that would cheer you up! Hang in there Thursday has to be your day. :innocent: Angels will be looking down upon you guys that day. Stay strong!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Javon has the marriage cert and will be sending it to me along w/his son's birth cert this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to file by Thanksgiving.
Congrats Anna :dance: Just one more step closer.......and let me say, it's about time!! :thumbs:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks everyone for the positive thoughts!! trying to stay positive!! after talking to my mom she suggested i call my senator and ask if there is somthing they can do or maybe cause a fuss about how all the embassy's or out of sync....so we shall see i will be writting the letter tonight and faxing it to them tomorow...well if it doesn't help me at least it might be able to help someone else who gets put in this situation....

Timeline
thanks everyone for the positive thoughts!! trying to stay positive!! after talking to my mom she suggested i call my senator and ask if there is somthing they can do or maybe cause a fuss about how all the embassy's or out of sync....so we shall see i will be writting the letter tonight and faxing it to them tomorow...well if it doesn't help me at least it might be able to help someone else who gets put in this situation....

Shaunna I would just call the tommorrow morning and ask. You will get a response better that way. If there is a senator close to you maybe you can set up an appotiment to meet with one of the reps. I processed mine through the speaker of the house and they call me and make sure my case is going okay.

I hope they can help.

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Shaunna I would just call the tommorrow morning and ask. You will get a response better that way. If there is a senator close to you maybe you can set up an appotiment to meet with one of the reps. I processed mine through the speaker of the house and they call me and make sure my case is going okay.

I hope they can help.

Jax

yup i called them today....and my senator is one of the sr. senators so kinda powerful as far as getting things done and resolved...so i will write them a letter and then go from there...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope they can help.

Jax

yup i called them today....and my senator is one of the sr. senators so kinda powerful as far as getting things done and resolved...so i will write them a letter and then go from there...

I will just say at this stage to let Thursday play out and then get your senator involved if things still moving slow. These consulates sometimes do not respond too well to someone exerting influence especially if they are not really doing anything wrong. We do not want Mike being subjected to anyone just wanting to take out thier vengance because some senator raked them over the coals. Mike is going to be fine and Thursday is just a day away and he will get the visa in time. I feel your fustration, but just do not give those people anything to get pissed over unless absolutely necessary

Timeline

I hope they can help.

Jax

I will just say at this stage to let Thursday play out and then get your senator involved if things still moving slow. These consulates sometimes do not respond too well to someone exerting influence especially if they are not really doing anything wrong. We do not want Mike being subjected to anyone just wanting to take out thier vengance because some senator raked them over the coals. Mike is going to be fine and Thursday is just a day away and he will get the visa in time. I feel your fustration, but just do not give those people anything to get pissed over unless absolutely necessary

i see what you are saying and i think i will wait till thusday and if the same ####### happens again the gloves are coming off :yes:

Filed: Timeline
well for whatever reason i am the lucky person that the process has been made hard for :(

mike got there and was standing on the other side of the road and the securtiy guard announced....NO BLUE PAPERS TODAY :(:(

i'm a little frustrated because since when does the embassy get to make the rules...on the back of the paper it says nothing about today being an exception....i am just so pissed...i told mike to go and try to beg the officer to let him in because i already booked his flight for next thursday...and well of course he wouldn't...so here i sit for 2 more days until he has to go back....

i just don't understand why these things are being made so difficult for us...i'm trying to be a good sport about it and yes i know he has thursday but there are other problems like the visa what if he doesn't get it in time...the way our luck has been going he won't...i just feel like i am going to have a break down...

:(

Hello everyone.

I have some good news. Javon has the marriage cert and will be sending it to me along w/his son's birth cert this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to file by Thanksgiving.

:thumbs:

I hope they can help.

Jax

i see what you are saying and i think i will wait till thusday and if the same ####### happens again the gloves are coming off :yes:

:yes:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay -- Just a warning ......for anyone (who might be) driving in the south suburbs of Chicago....Roy passed the written test yesterday and got his drivers permit. He actually passed the first time out. The driving instructor really put him through the ringer before he would take him for the test.....but, he passed and we are all so happy. He will be driving with the instructor for five hours....then with me :wacko: I am taking donations for valium....send it all my way :lol:

:lol: Congrats Roy

Congrats Anna :thumbs:

Good luck to Drew :thumbs:

Nannygirl - (F) I'm sure you and Mike will have Thanksgiving dinner together. Everything will work out (F)

Shauna, sorry to hear the bad news :( I will tell you a little story that might make you feel better. When I was supposed to fly down for Tony's interview, Hurricane Ivan struck JA!! All the airports were closed, hotels were closed, and the Embassy was closed INDEFINATELY :o I had already bought my ticket AND Tony's ticket to fly back home with me. I had to pay a lot of money to change the tickets because I missed the "hurricane fee waiver" by ONE day :angry: Just because the airport was opened back up they said I could fly down there. However, the Embassy was still closed and most of the island was without power. And to make matters even worse, I was supposed to spend my birthday in JA with Tony and I ended up spending it in Michigan ALONE :crying: Needless to say, everything was delayed by about 3 weeks but we did finally get the Visa and get him back home with me.

Hang in there ;)

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Hey everybody!!

I've been gone for so long that attempting to catch up would be pointless. I hope everyone is doing well. Even though I'm not here as often as I used to be, I think of you guys all the time. Hugs all around!! :P

Squitto, we miss you :luv: Don't be such a stranger woman!! Don't worry, I will catch you up with all the latest news:

Mindy is pregnant - with twins :o

Jamie has ran off and joined a convent :innocent:

Jill has moved to JA to study abroad B)

And I just found out that Tony is wanted for murder in 3 countries :o

JUST KIDDING :lol::lol::lol: Let's see if anyone is paying attention! LOL

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey everybody!!

I've been gone for so long that attempting to catch up would be pointless. I hope everyone is doing well. Even though I'm not here as often as I used to be, I think of you guys all the time. Hugs all around!! :P

Squitto, we miss you :luv: Don't be such a stranger woman!! Don't worry, I will catch you up with all the latest news:

Mindy is pregnant - with twins :o

Jamie has ran off and joined a convent :innocent:

Jill has moved to JA to study abroad B)

And I just found out that Tony is wanted for murder in 3 countries :o

JUST KIDDING :lol::lol::lol: Let's see if anyone is paying attention! LOL

:lol::lol:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Shauna, sorry to hear the bad news :( I will tell you a little story that might make you feel better. When I was supposed to fly down for Tony's interview, Hurricane Ivan struck JA!! All the airports were closed, hotels were closed, and the Embassy was closed INDEFINATELY :o I had already bought my ticket AND Tony's ticket to fly back home with me. I had to pay a lot of money to change the tickets because I missed the "hurricane fee waiver" by ONE day :angry: Just because the airport was opened back up they said I could fly down there. However, the Embassy was still closed and most of the island was without power. And to make matters even worse, I was supposed to spend my birthday in JA with Tony and I ended up spending it in Michigan ALONE :crying: Needless to say, everything was delayed by about 3 weeks but we did finally get the Visa and get him back home with me.

Hang in there ;)

thanks! i'm trying it just sucks big time!! but tomorow mike will go again...and the guard said deffinatly thursday...so i am just praying it really works...

ok question i heard you can express the visa to like 3 days??? how much does that cost and do you need to go back to kinston to pick it up???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.