Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question about the work permits.. I am wondering if the work permits they are giving in JFK are only good for NY?? Or could you use it in Ca. as well?

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

WE FINALLY GOT OUR INTERVIEW!!! I called these people again today, prepared to fuss and complain, and question whether anyone there worked a legitimate job when the lady on the phone informed me that they scheduled his appointment for DECEMBER 7th....WAIT...I just realized that I didn't ask what time?!! :lol: I was just SO relieved and excited!! Anyway, thanks everyone for putting up with my seemingly unstable mood and rantings...I just need to make sure that we have everything in order!!

Congratulations!! Have anyone found out exactly where the Embassy is moving to? A friend of mine in JA said they're moving to a more "upscale bldg" in New Kingston but couldn't tell me where.

I actually was under the impression that they were just renovating some sections and that was it...there was no mention of the entire building moving, as they are only supposed to be down for a couple of days...but I guess I should call and ask SPECIFICALLY just to be on my "p"s and "q"s

Ok..if I need to get my tax returns from 3 years ago, how do I do that? I have never once in my life since I've been working, filed my own taxes (and I've been working since I was 15!!) I've had someone do them for me...anyway, I guess for the interview you need last 3 years taxes and W-2's...is that correct? If so, how do I get my W-2's from that long ago or are they on file somewhere? :wacko:

You can contact the IRS @ 800-829-1040 for the tax transcripts. I'm not sure how long they will take but try calling from now.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Congradulations i feel like doing the happy :dance::dance: . The Embassy is acually moving to Hope Rd .

:dance: Thank you!!! Finally an answer ;)

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a question about the work permits.. I am wondering if the work permits they are giving in JFK are only good for NY?? Or could you use it in Ca. as well?

Work permit is valid for the US. It is just a stamp on the I-194 that says Employment Authorized till dd/mm/yyyy. No state specifically.

WE FINALLY GOT OUR INTERVIEW!!!

Congratulations :dance: :dance:

Ok..if I need to get my tax returns from 3 years ago, how do I do that?
Didn't the person who did you taxes give you copies of anything? Do you at least have copies of the W-2's? Definitely contact the IRS and request Tax Transcripts. You can do it on-line and also over the phone. I got mine within a week -- but don't wait too long....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Ok..if I need to get my tax returns from 3 years ago, how do I do that? I have never once in my life since I've been working, filed my own taxes (and I've been working since I was 15!!) I've had someone do them for me...anyway, I guess for the interview you need last 3 years taxes and W-2's...is that correct? If so, how do I get my W-2's from that long ago or are they on file somewhere? :wacko:

I just called the person who did my taxes and they are sending me a copy.

Congrats and all the best!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
WE FINALLY GOT OUR INTERVIEW!!! I called these people again today, prepared to fuss and complain, and question whether anyone there worked a legitimate job when the lady on the phone informed me that they scheduled his appointment for DECEMBER 7th....WAIT...I just realized that I didn't ask what time?!! :lol: I was just SO relieved and excited!! Anyway, thanks everyone for putting up with my seemingly unstable mood and rantings...I just need to make sure that we have everything in order!!

Congrats on getting your interview date :thumbs:

Timeline

Welcome Jay---Can I ask, when did u find out that u were given an interview date?

This is Mars. We found out on Monday. Jay thought he could write a more appealing letter than me and it did the trick...or maybe they just happened to have an opening. Either way, we're very happy!

From a little cottage in Negril all the way to Vermont.[br].png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratz on all the interviews!! :yes::yes:

Belly's Girl you only need LAST years tax return....that is what the lady told me that only are looking at last years and that is what they are basing there decisions on....i would call the IRS or call the person who does your tax stuff and get a copy of your tax return and w2...that is what i gave them just a copy of last years...

i would tell gregory to call and set up his medical...you want to try and get it like 2 weeks before your interview so you know they will have it...

sent the package today!!!!!!!! and mike will be off to Kingston on Tuesday....mike thinks they will re-interview him...i am thinkink not because on the bottom of the paper it said just bring the documents marked...so i am thinking they will just look over it and all should be done....at least i pray!!

Edited by nannygirl82

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline
I'm happy to say, I now have a perfect set in my purse and 5 days to detox for my medical.
I love it!!!! I can picture the whole scene in my head and it has me dying!!! Thanks for sharing...
That really did bring back memories. I remember while we were waiting in line I was amazed by those guys across the street....now that's the way to make a living :lol: :lol:

Elizabeth -- Can you refresh my OLD memory?!!? :help: I remember "we" were talking about drinking "lemon water" in the morning....what was the purpose and the outcome of doing that? I just read about that again but in this article they didn't tell you what the benefit was.....I did it on Monday and Tuesday (forgot to today) but I'm wondering why I'm doing it :wacko:

Mindy,

I am in the same position as you. I have been having Lake do it every morn this week and I have been as well. But I cant figure out exactly why. :lol: I KNOW it helps "detox", and also makes your body more alkaline, as usually most folks have too acidic bodies anymore with their diets. That helps with immunity. But I think its supposed to do some nice things digestive wise too, and helps with dieting for some reason. Ok, Elizabeth, we are waiting for answers..you prolly already posted and I havent read the last page yet...

Oh and JaynMars, great story, loved it.

Congrats to everyone on upcoming interview dates. Oh and Trinilad, I have been meaning to pm you about the sites you posted, great stuff. Always lookin for a way to make extra income, so I love more info. I have NO idea what a 'reset' is. So I will pm and when you get a chance, gimme more info if you could. :)

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline

Good evening yardies!!

Been busy working and catching up on some good ol' TLC at home........tonight we cuddled for the first time in weeks.......we talked about how crazy life is in the USA and how much "sweeter" our relationship was in Jamaica. We decided that we would try to take some time to love each other again rather than focusing so much on money, work, bills and all the Bullshiiiiiiit that life has to offer in this hectic world.

Congrats on all the interviews and success stories......good luck Shauna and Mike......my heart and prayers are with you...you both have waited too damn long to be together...............Hope all is going well in the Kelly/Craig camp....you two are on my mind often and I hope everything is going great.....

Belly...the paperwork says they want all three tax years.....although some folks only had to actually submit one. The lady did ask us for all three.....I have made "well" over the support limit for the past several years but she still wanted to look to see the pattern of my income. (So she said..) She gave me back the oldest but initially she asked for all three of them so I would just be safe and get them.......Doesn't Mindy say something like....."better to bring everything and the "kitchen sink" just to be safe".....

Good night everyone...back to my cuddling... :luv::wub:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Congrats :thumbs: It'll be here before you know it.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Belly...the paperwork says they want all three tax years.....although some folks only had to actually submit one. The lady did ask us for all three.....I have made "well" over the support limit for the past several years but she still wanted to look to see the pattern of my income. (So she said..) She gave me back the oldest but initially she asked for all three of them so I would just be safe and get them.......Doesn't Mindy say something like....."better to bring everything and the "kitchen sink" just to be safe".....

YES, bring all THREE years of tax returns and W-2's. They took all 3 years of ours!! It's better to be way over-prepared than not have something you need.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

YES, bring all THREE years of tax returns and W-2's. They took all 3 years of ours!! It's better to be way over-prepared than not have something you need.

I will throw my two cents worth in here and say that all situations are not the same and you should just prepare for the worst case scenario. If you have all that they could possibly ask for, you will know that you are prepared and it will show. There is a general attitude with these officers and the people who check the paperwork that if you start not having what they want, they pick an attitude and it will continue throughout the interview. Walk with all the tax returns, pay stubs, phone call receipts and bank statements you can muster. The officer that interviewed my fiance said to us that when you make life easy for them, they have very little reason to question you . They like things labelled and easily identifiable. Label all your docs and let them give you back what they do not want. As ususl, take evrything and the kitchen sink.

I'm happy to say, I now have a perfect set in my purse and 5 days to detox for my medical.
I love it!!!! I can picture the whole scene in my head and it has me dying!!! Thanks for sharing...
That really did bring back memories. I remember while we were waiting in line I was amazed by those guys across the street....now that's the way to make a living :lol: :lol:

Elizabeth -- Can you refresh my OLD memory?!!? :help: I remember "we" were talking about drinking "lemon water" in the morning....what was the purpose and the outcome of doing that? I just read about that again but in this article they didn't tell you what the benefit was.....I did it on Monday and Tuesday (forgot to today) but I'm wondering why I'm doing it :wacko:

Mindy,

I am in the same position as you. I have been having Lake do it every morn this week and I have been as well. But I cant figure out exactly why. :lol: I KNOW it helps "detox", and also makes your body more alkaline, as usually most folks have too acidic bodies anymore with their diets. That helps with immunity. But I think its supposed to do some nice things digestive wise too, and helps with dieting for some reason. Ok, Elizabeth, we are waiting for answers..you prolly already posted and I havent read the last page yet...

Oh and JaynMars, great story, loved it.

Congrats to everyone on upcoming interview dates. Oh and Trinilad, I have been meaning to pm you about the sites you posted, great stuff. Always lookin for a way to make extra income, so I love more info. I have NO idea what a 'reset' is. So I will pm and when you get a chance, gimme more info if you could. :)

Jill

A reset is simply straightening a display or a section in a store. Most store shelves are set to POG, (Plan o Gram) and when people move things around, they POG is now out of order. A plan o gram provides you with the lay out the stores have determined for which product goes where, how many "Facings" there are, which shelf they are on and how deep to put the facings based upon the space allocated. Your reset will involve reading the POG and putting the products on the shelf to match the POG to the letter. There is a deliberate determination by stores in placing products on shelved and end caps. Will be glad to provide any more info needed. PM if need be.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats :thumbs:

Good morning family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.