Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Where is everyone today????

No kidding!! Where has everyone been lately? I haven't checked in here in days and I only have 3 measly pages to catch up on :(

Good evening everyone (F),

If I missed anyone, please add your name _________ and choose from the following:

good luck

congrats

hang in there

best wishes

:lol: Jonesie, you crack me up girl :lol:

When we looked at the I-94 if had an expiration date of 02/04/2008 and the employment authorization at the back of the I-194 had 02/04/2008 as an expiration date.! I was loke oh my God! A two year work permit, unbeleivable! Guess the Gods must have whispered in that old mans ear.

Congrats :thumbs: Guess you guys got lucky! I wonder how many other people that day got '08 expiration dates before that guy realized he set his stamp wrong? :lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sup Yardies and Massive?

Posted this in the wrong place - still finding my way around. :blush:

Just had to share a funny story. I got my interview date for Dec 4th - Woo hoo- and with the medical coming up I thought i'd try to get my photos taken. I work in New Kingston and have really long days so I thought I go around to the Embassy (yes, the US embassy) and have one of those street-side photogs take my pics.

There was this big belly dread with one of those old time cameras hanging around his neck. Apparently he isn't a photog but the most obvious attention-grabber for the real guys who operate a wooden stall studio further down the sidewalk. I was led to them by Dreadie, after negotiating a price for 6 pics with him. He held up a white sheet behind me while one of the others position my head with not so clean hands and took my mug shot with a digital camera.

They are very enterprising, that lot, they have a printer - an honest-to-goodnes HP printer hooked up to some kind of fancy looking car battery. Unfortunately, the battery needed charging. Junior unplugs the printer and sprints off down Oxford Road with it and disappears for a good 15 minutes with Dreadie cursing and swearing the whole time about how Junior is spoiling his business. Another set of dreads in the bun and cheese stall further up wind are smoking weed and killing me with second hand smoke. All the time I'm thinking"Yep, I've failed my medical after this".

Finally Junior sprints back with the printer and runs off my pictures. I look like ####### - I know that. But there is this big red spot right beside my head in all six of them. Apparently there's a big stain on the sheet that was used as a backdrop. I mean, after all the money they extort from those poor VJ'ers who turn up for interviews without pics, you'd think they could go to Pablos and buy piece-a white claat?

Now after all that sprinting and waiting and loss of business, neither Dreadie nor Junior want to take my pics over again - and they have already pocketed my $1000.00. They argue that my face is clear in the pic, what does it matter if there's a red blotch beside it? I had to dig deep down and find the Buttu in me to match their fierceness and hold my ground. I'm quite a soft-spoken lady and not very believeable when I try to "ack ghetto on people's a$$es " as my girlfriend from Jersey would recommend. Somehow though, I got through to them.

I'm happy to say, I now have a perfect set in my purse and 5 days to detox for my medical.

Thanks for reading! One love!

I saw those guys outside the Embassy. Quite a business they have for themselves.

I don't know if they have the picture makers in Jamaica like they do here but a likkle information. If you have someone take a close up of you against a white wall go to the picture maker and make passport copies it will only cost 68 cents for a sheet of them. I learned that trick when I lost my passport and went to K-Mart and the kid working there took my picture and printed them out on that machine and charged me 50 cents. Imagine they charge you 7.99 for 2 pictures and that is all they do.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jayandmars congrats on your interview date :thumbs: All the best.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Sup Yardies and Massive?

Just had to share a funny story. I got my interview date for Dec 4th - Woo hoo- and with the medical coming up I thought i'd try to get my photos taken. I work in New Kingston and have really long days so I thought I go around to the Embassy (yes, the US embassy) and have one of those street-side photogs take my pics.

There was this big belly dread with one of those old time cameras hanging around his neck. Apparently he isn't a photog but the most obvious attention-grabber for the real guys who operate a wooden stall studio further down the sidewalk. I was led to them by Dreadie, after negotiating a price for 6 pics with him. He held up a white sheet behind me while one of the others position my head with not so clean hands and took my mug shot with a digital camera.

They are very enterprising, that lot, they have a printer - an honest-to-goodnes HP printer hooked up to some kind of fancy looking car battery. Unfortunately, the battery needed charging. Junior unplugs the printer and sprints off down Oxford Road with it and disappears for a good 15 minutes with Dreadie cursing and swearing the whole time about how Junior is spoiling his business. Another set of dreads in the bun and cheese stall further up wind are smoking weed and killing me with second hand smoke. All the time I'm thinking"Yep, I've failed my medical after this".

Finally Junior sprints back with the printer and runs off my pictures. I look like ####### - I know that. But there is this big red spot right beside my head in all six of them. Apparently there's a big stain on the sheet that was used as a backdrop. I mean, after all the money they extort from those poor VJ'ers who turn up for interviews without pics, you'd think they could go to Pablos and buy piece-a white claat?

Now after all that sprinting and waiting and loss of business, neither Dreadie nor Junior want to take my pics over again - and they have already pocketed my $1000.00. They argue that my face is clear in the pic, what does it matter if there's a red blotch beside it? I had to dig deep down and find the Buttu in me to match their fierceness and hold my ground. I'm quite a soft-spoken lady and not very believeable when I try to "ack ghetto on people's a$$es " as my girlfriend from Jersey would recommend. Somehow though, I got through to them.

I'm happy to say, I now have a perfect set in my purse and 5 days to detox for my medical.

Welcome Jay---Can I ask, when did u find out that u were given an interview date?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sup Yardies and Massive?

:lol::lol: thanks for making me laugh.....that's a great story....i saw that going on while we were waiting to get in..

I love it!!!! I can picture the whole scene in my head and it has me dying!!! Thanks for sharing...
That really did bring back memories. I remember while we were waiting in line I was amazed by those guys across the street....now that's the way to make a living :lol: :lol:

Elizabeth -- Can you refresh my OLD memory?!!? :help: I remember "we" were talking about drinking "lemon water" in the morning....what was the purpose and the outcome of doing that? I just read about that again but in this article they didn't tell you what the benefit was.....I did it on Monday and Tuesday (forgot to today) but I'm wondering why I'm doing it :wacko:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
I love it!!!! I can picture the whole scene in my head and it has me dying!!! Thanks for sharing...
That really did bring back memories. I remember while we were waiting in line I was amazed by those guys across the street....now that's the way to make a living :lol: :lol:

Elizabeth -- Can you refresh my OLD memory?!!? :help: I remember "we" were talking about drinking "lemon water" in the morning....what was the purpose and the outcome of doing that? I just read about that again but in this article they didn't tell you what the benefit was.....I did it on Monday and Tuesday (forgot to today) but I'm wondering why I'm doing it :wacko:

Hello everyone.

Funny story JayandMars ;)

Welcome home Trinilad and congrats on the work permit :thumbs:

Mindy - good question. My Weight Watchers leader told me the same thing but I forgot the answer :unsure: I drink it faithfully every morning.

Mindy - good question. My Weight Watchers leader told me the same thing but I forgot the answer :unsure: I drink it faithfully every morning.
Mee Too!! If you can consider two days faithful :lol: :lol: Elizabeth....where are you :whistle:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

WE FINALLY GOT OUR INTERVIEW!!! I called these people again today, prepared to fuss and complain, and question whether anyone there worked a legitimate job when the lady on the phone informed me that they scheduled his appointment for DECEMBER 7th....WAIT...I just realized that I didn't ask what time?!! :lol: I was just SO relieved and excited!! Anyway, thanks everyone for putting up with my seemingly unstable mood and rantings...I just need to make sure that we have everything in order!!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline
WE FINALLY GOT OUR INTERVIEW!!! I called these people again today, prepared to fuss and complain, and question whether anyone there worked a legitimate job when the lady on the phone informed me that they scheduled his appointment for DECEMBER 7th....WAIT...I just realized that I didn't ask what time?!! :lol: I was just SO relieved and excited!! Anyway, thanks everyone for putting up with my seemingly unstable mood and rantings...I just need to make sure that we have everything in order!!

Congratulations!!! :dance::dance:

He will get the letter in the mail so you will know what time.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

:dance: CONGRADS!!!!

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Congratulations!! Have anyone found out exactly where the Embassy is moving to? A friend of mine in JA said they're moving to a more "upscale bldg" in New Kingston but couldn't tell me where.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

Congratulations!! Have anyone found out exactly where the Embassy is moving to? A friend of mine in JA said they're moving to a more "upscale bldg" in New Kingston but couldn't tell me where.

I actually was under the impression that they were just renovating some sections and that was it...there was no mention of the entire building moving, as they are only supposed to be down for a couple of days...but I guess I should call and ask SPECIFICALLY just to be on my "p"s and "q"s

Ok..if I need to get my tax returns from 3 years ago, how do I do that? I have never once in my life since I've been working, filed my own taxes (and I've been working since I was 15!!) I've had someone do them for me...anyway, I guess for the interview you need last 3 years taxes and W-2's...is that correct? If so, how do I get my W-2's from that long ago or are they on file somewhere? :wacko:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline

I was wondering the same thing. I can't find any info on the web :no:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Congradulations i feel like doing the happy :dance::dance: . The Embassy is acually moving to Hope Rd .

Edited by morantbaygirl

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.