Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning ladies and Trinilad

Trini - congrats on you and fiance arriving safely in the US with work permit stamp! All the best on your job hunt

Michele and Denden (F)

Is it me or is this week dragging by?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Trini - congrats on you and fiance arriving safely in the US with work permit stamp! All the best on your job hunt

Michele and Denden (F)

this week is SO DRAGGING!!!! it is only tuesday :huh::wacko:

Trini welcome back!!! glad everything went well!!!

My parents finally got all the paperwork together!!! which i am very gratefull for!! i should get it tomorow and send it to mike on Thursday so if everything goes right he should be going to Kingston on tuesday!! :D

Michele....how are you??? (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Interview update--Well, George went for his interview this morning. he must have had the Window 11 girl, he said she was young and nice. She said he didn't really question her about anything but why we took 3 years to decide to get married. He explained that I'd had cancer and that delayed my coming back down there, and he said she seemed to understand. Because they gave him the interview on only one week notice, he could not get his medical until 11/14; She said she would have the result in about a week after that, and that he should bring along any thing he has to show the ongoing relationship--cards, western union receipts, his phone records. We already had explained because he has a prepay cell phone, he can't get his actual phone records, we already tried. He told he had all the cards and things with him, but she said just hold on to it and show it all to her when he comes back after the medical. She said to go and get something form cable and wireless explaining that they don't give phone recoreds for prepay accounts. He seemed to feel it went OK, but now I'm really worried.

Ann

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Interview update--Well, George went for his interview this morning. he must have had the Window 11 girl, he said she was young and nice. She said he didn't really question her about anything but why we took 3 years to decide to get married. He explained that I'd had cancer and that delayed my coming back down there, and he said she seemed to understand. Because they gave him the interview on only one week notice, he could not get his medical until 11/14; She said she would have the result in about a week after that, and that he should bring along any thing he has to show the ongoing relationship--cards, western union receipts, his phone records. We already had explained because he has a prepay cell phone, he can't get his actual phone records, we already tried. He told he had all the cards and things with him, but she said just hold on to it and show it all to her when he comes back after the medical. She said to go and get something form cable and wireless explaining that they don't give phone recoreds for prepay accounts. He seemed to feel it went OK, but now I'm really worried.

Ann

I'm sure everything will work out. Just have him bring back the same evidence when he goes back to the Embassy.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

I think she was questioning having more stuff from him, as opposed to me. They have my phone records, etc. I don't know what we're supposed to do about that. It is what it is. I wish I had some envelopes from postmarked from MoBay.

Ann

Ann

I'm sure everything will work out. Just have him bring back the same evidence when he goes back to the Embassy.

Timeline
I think she was questioning having more stuff from him, as opposed to me. They have my phone records, etc. I don't know what we're supposed to do about that. It is what it is. I wish I had some envelopes from postmarked from MoBay.

Ann

Ann

Ann,

I'm Jamie can tell you more about it but I remembered when they had their interview last year. That had to submit add'l ongoing evidence but when they came back he just showed the same thing he had the first time and was approved w/no problems. I'm sure he will be ok. Try not to worry.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

Thanks Anna--

How are you enjoying being a married lady?

ANn

Ann

Ann

Ann,

I'm Jamie can tell you more about it but I remembered when they had their interview last year. That had to submit add'l ongoing evidence but when they came back he just showed the same thing he had the first time and was approved w/no problems. I'm sure he will be ok. Try not to worry.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All in all it does't sound so bad for having to pull this together in a week. If you have anything you can send to him the more the better. It sounds like he had the same person we had and she was very nice. You have a couple more weeks to pull some more things together. Is there any possibility of you making it down there? I wish you the best and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline
Thanks Anna--

How are you enjoying being a married lady?

ANn

Ann

Ann

Ann,

I'm loving it just wish my baby was here w/me but I know soon we will be together. It's been real hard keeping it from my mom....everytime I see her I just want to say it. :yes: But all in due time. We're keeping it a secret until next year when we will have the the "real wedding". My sister and one of his sisters is the only ones that know.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
(F)(L):D:D:D

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline

Michele and Denden (F)

this week is SO DRAGGING!!!! it is only tuesday :huh::wacko:

Trini welcome back!!! glad everything went well!!!

My parents finally got all the paperwork together!!! which i am very gratefull for!! i should get it tomorow and send it to mike on Thursday so if everything goes right he should be going to Kingston on tuesday!! :D

Michele....how are you??? (L)

I'm ok Shauna. Thanks for asking. And congrats on getting your paperwork together. Mike will be here before you know it.

Ann

Ann-I hope you and George will be together soon and that you have returned to good health (L)

I'm loving it just wish my baby was here w/me but I know soon we will be together. It's been real hard keeping it from my mom....everytime I see her I just want to say it. :yes: But all in due time. We're keeping it a secret until next year when we will have the the "real wedding". My sister and one of his sisters is the only ones that know.

Wow Anna, I know you must be so excited!! That's some secret to keep until next year :yes:. My mom always seemed to know what was going on in my life; sometimes before I was even aware of it :blink:

Stephen and Iffeisha congrats on getting the EAD and best wishes on your upcoming wedding.

Hey Elizabeth :D

Timeline

Sup Yardies and Massive?

Posted this in the wrong place - still finding my way around. :blush:

Just had to share a funny story. I got my interview date for Dec 4th - Woo hoo- and with the medical coming up I thought i'd try to get my photos taken. I work in New Kingston and have really long days so I thought I go around to the Embassy (yes, the US embassy) and have one of those street-side photogs take my pics.

There was this big belly dread with one of those old time cameras hanging around his neck. Apparently he isn't a photog but the most obvious attention-grabber for the real guys who operate a wooden stall studio further down the sidewalk. I was led to them by Dreadie, after negotiating a price for 6 pics with him. He held up a white sheet behind me while one of the others position my head with not so clean hands and took my mug shot with a digital camera.

They are very enterprising, that lot, they have a printer - an honest-to-goodnes HP printer hooked up to some kind of fancy looking car battery. Unfortunately, the battery needed charging. Junior unplugs the printer and sprints off down Oxford Road with it and disappears for a good 15 minutes with Dreadie cursing and swearing the whole time about how Junior is spoiling his business. Another set of dreads in the bun and cheese stall further up wind are smoking weed and killing me with second hand smoke. All the time I'm thinking"Yep, I've failed my medical after this".

Finally Junior sprints back with the printer and runs off my pictures. I look like ####### - I know that. But there is this big red spot right beside my head in all six of them. Apparently there's a big stain on the sheet that was used as a backdrop. I mean, after all the money they extort from those poor VJ'ers who turn up for interviews without pics, you'd think they could go to Pablos and buy piece-a white claat?

Now after all that sprinting and waiting and loss of business, neither Dreadie nor Junior want to take my pics over again - and they have already pocketed my $1000.00. They argue that my face is clear in the pic, what does it matter if there's a red blotch beside it? I had to dig deep down and find the Buttu in me to match their fierceness and hold my ground. I'm quite a soft-spoken lady and not very believeable when I try to "ack ghetto on people's a$$es " as my girlfriend from Jersey would recommend. Somehow though, I got through to them.

I'm happy to say, I now have a perfect set in my purse and 5 days to detox for my medical.

Thanks for reading! One love!

From a little cottage in Negril all the way to Vermont.[br].png

Timeline

Everyone have a good night. (L)(F):D

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Sup Yardies and Massive?

Just had to share a funny story. I got my interview date for Dec 4th - Woo hoo- and with the medical coming up I thought i'd try to get my photos taken. I work in New Kingston and have really long days so I thought I go around to the Embassy (yes, the US embassy) and have one of those street-side photogs take my pics.

There was this big belly dread with one of those old time cameras hanging around his neck. Apparently he isn't a photog but the most obvious attention-grabber for the real guys who operate a wooden stall studio further down the sidewalk. I was led to them by Dreadie, after negotiating a price for 6 pics with him. He held up a white sheet behind me while one of the others position my head with not so clean hands and took my mug shot with a digital camera.

They are very enterprising, that lot, they have a printer - an honest-to-goodnes HP printer hooked up to some kind of fancy looking car battery. Unfortunately, the battery needed charging. Junior unplugs the printer and sprints off down Oxford Road with it and disappears for a good 15 minutes with Dreadie cursing and swearing the whole time about how Junior is spoiling his business. Another set of dreads in the bun and cheese stall further up wind are smoking weed and killing me with second hand smoke. All the time I'm thinking"Yep, I've failed my medical after this".

Finally Junior sprints back with the printer and runs off my pictures. I look like ####### - I know that. But there is this big red spot right beside my head in all six of them. Apparently there's a big stain on the sheet that was used as a backdrop. I mean, after all the money they extort from those poor VJ'ers who turn up for interviews without pics, you'd think they could go to Pablos and buy piece-a white claat?

Now after all that sprinting and waiting and loss of business, neither Dreadie nor Junior want to take my pics over again - and they have already pocketed my $1000.00. They argue that my face is clear in the pic, what does it matter if there's a red blotch beside it? I had to dig deep down and find the Buttu in me to match their fierceness and hold my ground. I'm quite a soft-spoken lady and not very believeable when I try to "ack ghetto on people's a$$es " as my girlfriend from Jersey would recommend. Somehow though, I got through to them.

I'm happy to say, I now have a perfect set in my purse and 5 days to detox for my medical.

:lol: That is too funny!! Best wishes with your interview :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Sup Yardies and Massive?

I love it!!!! I can picture the whole scene in my head and it has me dying!!! Thanks for sharing...

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.