Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

People, please help me if you can!! I don't know what to do and I'm not getting ANY answers...I called the Embassy on Wednesday, and then again on today to check to see if they had scheduled my fiance's interview for December. The two ladies that I spoke with said that they had not...and the lady today said that all the November dates had been filled up, and when I asked about December she could not give me an answer! I am SO frustrated at this point that I don't know what to do..I keep bugging them because I was told a few weeks ago that the appointment letters for December were going to be mailed out at the end of October, and I know that a lot of you said that people were receiving notification the first week in November...I don't know what else to do! :( I've tried e-mailing them SEVERAL times but I have yet to receive a response to any of my inquiries! Any more suggestions!!?? :help::help:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I got the email from the Embassy lady Halloween night telling me they had a cancellation for Nov 7 and she suggested we grab it because December dates were "uncertain". I suspect this is because of the moving that will be happening. Try not to stress too much--they WILL schedule it. I know--it's SO frustrating. If they would just give you a damn date, even if it's January 1st, you could at least plan...

Ann

People, please help me if you can!! I don't know what to do and I'm not getting ANY answers...I called the Embassy on Wednesday, and then again on today to check to see if they had scheduled my fiance's interview for December. The two ladies that I spoke with said that they had not...and the lady today said that all the November dates had been filled up, and when I asked about December she could not give me an answer! I am SO frustrated at this point that I don't know what to do..I keep bugging them because I was told a few weeks ago that the appointment letters for December were going to be mailed out at the end of October, and I know that a lot of you said that people were receiving notification the first week in November...I don't know what else to do! :( I've tried e-mailing them SEVERAL times but I have yet to receive a response to any of my inquiries! Any more suggestions!!?? :help::help:

Timeline
Help! I'm trying to organize George and his papers for the interview from 2000 miles away. He's really overwhelmed by all the paper. Am I correct that when you are first called in, you give them "your papers" and they tell you to go take a seat? Do you just hand them everything you have?

Ann

When we had our interview June 2nd...you drop off our interview letter at Window 1. Waited for about 30 minutes, called to Window 4. Asked a couple of questions, gave her paperwork...I-134, tax forms. Then asked us to sit down to be called. Waited another 15 min called to Window 9. Our interview was at 9:15am, we were there at 6:30am....and we were out of the building by 8:45am.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy Saturday.

Michele - (F) Best wishes on your decision.

Tamisha - I hope you get an interview date soon :clock: .

Damien had a great week - he finally got his drivers license :help:

and a new job :dance: He accepted a postion at a Deer Park bottle water plant as a production technican. His main duty will be purifying water. The company has excellent benefits and he will work day time hours Monday through Friday. His salary almost doubled :dance: . He is finally out of the freezer. I am so proud of him :wub:

Enjoy the weekend.

Filed: Other Timeline
Happy Saturday.

and a new job :dance: He accepted a postion at a Deer Park bottle water plant as a production technican. His main duty will be purifying water. The company has excellent benefits and he will work day time hours Monday through Friday. His salary almost doubled :dance: . He is finally out of the freezer. I am so proud of him :wub:

Enjoy the weekend.

Congrats. :dance:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Happy weekend everyone!

In case have forgotten I want to thank everyone for their advice and well wishes throughout my process, everything was very much appreciated, THANK YOU!!! :yes::yes:

Now that part one is finished and part two will not start until January I am lost. No checking on status, filing out forms or bugging the Embassy. I have so much free time now. :wacko:

Going out to buy last minute things for vacation. 12 days of relaxation in my home away from home. I have so many gifts I have a feeling I will be searched this time seeing I was just there. Going to switch luggage with my girlfriend so if they do search me all they will see is clothes.

Can't wait to start sweating bullets again instead of freezing.... :dance:

To those of you waiting for your turn I know it is frustrating but hang in there, your time will "soon come".

WE ARE DONE!!!

Damien had a great week - he finally got his drivers license :help: and a new job :dance: He accepted a postion at a Deer Park bottle water plant as a production technican. His main duty will be purifying water. The company has excellent benefits and he will work day time hours Monday through Friday. His salary almost doubled :dance: . He is finally out of the freezer. I am so proud of him :wub:

:dance: :dance: Woo-Hoo -- Congratulations!!! :dance::dance:

Can I send Roy to live with you guys???? Damien can help him with his driving :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
:dance: :dance: Woo-Hoo -- Congratulations!!! :dance::dance:

Can I send Roy to live with you guys???? Damien can help him with his driving :lol: :lol:

Of course, send him down. They can talk each other to :dead:

Damien would love to teach Roy to drive cuz he's been trying to teach me :wacko: (I've only been driving for damn near 20 years :lol: ) But not in my car :P

We went to look at a second car last night. My mechanic wants at look it before he buys it. I pray it will work out. Damien has to be to at work 5:30 am so hopefully he'll be the only driver on the road :whistle:

Timeline
Happy Saturday.

Enjoy the weekend.

That is so awsome. Congrats. :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Good morning (F)

Congrats to Damien and Shemanya. I am so happy for your family!

Best wishes to Julie and Michael (and of course the beautiful baby Elias)on their upcoming wedding in Negril on the 18th. They are leaving on the 13th for JA. Julie says hi to everyone; everyone in the family is doing fine; Elias is getting big and she hopes to post wedding pictures soon. I can't wait to see the pictures Julie.

Anna and Kelly I'll get back to you later today. I'm going to watch a "football" match that my JA'n friend at work plays in. It's only 29 degrees this a.m. We'll see how long I can stay out there. Yikes.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Michele (F)

Timeline

I was just going through my paperwork here and realized that our K-1 petition expires on 12/28...What should I do, seeing as how these B##@ches at the Embassy act like they can't even tell me an interview date? I think I should be preparing for the "what if" which seems like the inevitable! I sure wish these people would get it together...I have been so depressed the last few days... :(

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Goodmorning everyone! Have a great day :D .

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
I was just going through my paperwork here and realized that our K-1 petition expires on 12/28...What should I do, seeing as how these B##@ches at the Embassy act like they can't even tell me an interview date? I think I should be preparing for the "what if" which seems like the inevitable! I sure wish these people would get it together...I have been so depressed the last few days... :(

When I had my case extended and put "extension" in the subject line they always seemed to email back to me within 24 hours. Maybe you could do that ....and ask the question about your interview date, etc etc ...maybe they'll respond quicker?? If not, I think they automatically extend it 4 months, I don't know if you *need* to contact them to request that since they are the ones moving and not fulfilling the interview date within that time frame.

Just on a travel note, if you get your interview date anywhere after say Dec 21st, airfare will most likely be sold out or WAAAAY expensive, all the way through Jan 7th.

Now that part one is finished and part two will not start until January I am lost. No checking on status, filing out forms or bugging the Embassy. I have so much free time now. :wacko:
Enjoy the peace & quiet....it is so nice....but I totally agree. I was "lost" for those few months that I didn't have anything to worry about....now that we are done with the AOS it was weird in the beginning but now I am thankful for the quiet.
since my parents file their taxes together and we are going to list my mom on the aff. of support do we need to fill out the other part to the 1-864??
What other part?
I agree with Kelly. Put "Extension" in the subject line -- that will get their attention. The only thing you can do is bother them until they tell you something. Believe me, you won't be the first person who pestered them....I am sure my name (and picture) is STILL up in the middle of their dart board :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.