Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I have not filed yet. It's not a matter of if I love him or not; nor a "love conquers all" thing. Sadly, it's not quite as simple as that. I have a crippling fear that is immobolizing me and no matter what I try to do or how much everyone tries to encourage me I can't get past the stage I'm in now. I feel like a deer caught in headlights.

If I may ask, what are you afraid of? Is it committment? Marriage? Maybe we can help you rationalize your fears. I know we have all had our doubts at one point in this process whether it was before we filed, while we were waiting, or after he got here!! :yes: Hang in there :luv:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good evening ladies...i need some help!!!

ok so the chick at the embassy requested a 1-864....yes you saw right...i think this is a little crazy but this is what she asked for so be it this is what she will get...

ok so my parents are being very nice and doing this....so i have some questions about this form...do they need to put all there assets down?? my lawyer said yes because we shouldn't leave anything blank it should all be filled out...have a little problem with that cause my parents don't know what things cost nor do we have the time to figure it out...

also when putting down who they are sponsering they need to just put down mike right?? i am not included in this...i know stupid question but just want to make sure...thanks

You only fill out the assets part if the income is not 125% above the poverty line. As long as the income is over the poverty line and you have proof (bank statements, pay stubs, letter from employer) then you don't need the assets part. The whole point of the form is to prove you are above the poverty line. If you can do that on income alone then consider yourself good to go. Good luck!

thanks...that what i was thinking,,,but my lawyer was like NO everything needs to be filled out...my parents really don't want to fill out all that #######....

my next question....as of the year they both are retired school teachers....so should they wrtie a letter themselves explaining they are retired and they are getting x amount a year...and a copy for whatever there paystub and a letter saying congratz on retirement this is what you will be getting a year??? will that be good enough??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's occured to me; and I'm sure some of you too, that I have been here over a year and I have not progressed at all since then. I can't seem to summon up the courage to move forward. What's so sad is that I have dragged an innocent man into this :( . He probably would have been better off without having met me. :cry:

CT things will work out for you, just hang in there... ;)

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Woo-Hoo.....It's FINALLY Friday!! :dance: :dance:

ok so the chick at the embassy requested a 1-864....yes you saw right...i think this is a little crazy but this is what she asked for so be it this is what she will get...

You only fill out the assets part if the income is not 125% above the poverty line. As long as the income is over the poverty line and you have proof (bank statements, pay stubs, letter from employer) then you don't need the assets part. The whole point of the form is to prove you are above the poverty line. If you can do that on income alone then consider yourself good to go. Good luck!
I agree with Jamie -- you don't have to do the assets unless you don't have enough to get you to 125% over the poverty line.

Shauna -- I hate to even throw this into the mix....but....have you thought about giving them another I-134 with the co-sponsor information on that too? I know they asked you for a I-864.....but I have never heard of that at the interview stage before (you use that for the AOS). I don't know -- if it was me (and I am the MOST ####### person in the world :wacko:) I would send another one -- just in case. I can't hurt. But, that is me. I would just hate to see this put "on-hold" again because of a stupid Embassy lady....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Woo-Hoo.....It's FINALLY Friday!! :dance: :dance:

I agree with Jamie -- you don't have to do the assets unless you don't have enough to get you to 125% over the poverty line.

Shauna -- I hate to even throw this into the mix....but....have you thought about giving them another I-134 with the co-sponsor information on that too? I know they asked you for a I-864.....but I have never heard of that at the interview stage before (you use that for the AOS). I don't know -- if it was me (and I am the MOST ####### person in the world :wacko:) I would send another one -- just in case. I can't hurt. But, that is me. I would just hate to see this put "on-hold" again because of a stupid Embassy lady....

Girl that is what i was thinking....i thought maybe my parents should fill out both just incase she got confused about what we were applying for....maybe she thought we were already married i am not sure...but yes i was thinking that as well...so i think i might just have them do that as well...when mike goes to give them both papers.....and see which one they take...

I think that makes the best sense. If they don't want it they will give it back. I would REALLY suck if he handed them the I-864 and they throw it back at him saying "This is not what you are suppose to have!"

It's basically the same information on both forms so it's not that much more work....I would send it.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline
I think that makes the best sense. If they don't want it they will give it back. I would REALLY suck if he handed them the I-864 and they throw it back at him saying "This is not what you are suppose to have!"

It's basically the same information on both forms so it's not that much more work....I would send it.

i agree :thumbs::thumbs: i thought it was a bit odd when she said that...i wanted to correct her but thought no i don't want to make her mad...

i will be so glad when this step is over with

Soon baby....soon....... (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow Anna! I am so sorry that all happened. Lawdamercy! Thank goodness you were all okay. Man, it's just the grace of God keeping us. When I was down there for my wedding, I used to worry constantly about the "set up". Amazingly the villa where my wedding was can't have grills an dem tings so it was airy and wide open. At night I would get nervous - all we had was the scrawny night watchman and his equally scrawny dog.

Man to think how I drove thru all those backwoods places on the South Coast all hours looking for a place for the wedding. Me woulda bawl too till me plane lan a JFK.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

all we had was the scrawny night watchman and his equally scrawny dog.
:lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Help! I'm trying to organize George and his papers for the interview from 2000 miles away. He's really overwhelmed by all the paper. Am I correct that when you are first called in, you give them "your papers" and they tell you to go take a seat? Do you just hand them everything you have?

Ann

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Help! I'm trying to organize George and his papers for the interview from 2000 miles away. He's really overwhelmed by all the paper. Am I correct that when you are first called in, you give them "your papers" and they tell you to go take a seat? Do you just hand them everything you have?

Ann

He drops off this appointment letter at the window that says appointment letter, takes a seat and they will call him to a window. They will ask him for the forms they need. He goes back to his seat and then they call him to another window for the interview.

They will ask for what they want.

wishing the both of you all the best.

WE ARE DONE!!!

When you get called up to the "first" window they will take the I-134, passport, police certificate, Paymaster receipt and all the forms.....then he will go sit down and they will call him up for the actual interview to another window.

They will swear him in, take his fingerprints and start asking questions. I think (I think) this is the point where if there are any letters, pictures (that kind of proof) this is when he can give it to them. The first window is for all the things they asked for....

Most Important -- Make sure he understands all the forms and what is on them. That way when they ask for something he won't have to "fumble" to give it to them. They love that kind of stuff!! Anything to make you sweat.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.