05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey Michele, What u can't cook oh boy :lol: ! I am so glad I can cook or Dwain would be introuble since all he cooks is Mac and Cheese. One of bridesmaids was in shock I could cook and my matron of honor who has been my best friend for 24 years was like yeah she can she has been cook since she been 12 were u been. Do u need some lesson! :lol:

Yes, I need some lessons :blush: or a good cookbook. When I meet someone one of the first things I tell them is that I don't cook. That way there's no disappointment. You know for some men they HAVE to have a woman that will cook. I do have other talents though :whistle::innocent:

Can anyone recommend a good West Indian or Jamaican cookbook? Not that nouveau stuff though. I like authentic cooking. Also can anyone recommend a good jerk seasoning that's hot; not sweet?

Well I am finally moved out of my old place and have turned in the keys :dance::dance:

Now that I'm 'moved out' of the old place I have to 'move in' to the new place.

Ann, you'll find the perfect job soon.

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Michele, What u can't cook oh boy :lol: ! I am so glad I can cook or Dwain would be introuble since all he cooks is Mac and Cheese. One of bridesmaids was in shock I could cook and my matron of honor who has been my best friend for 24 years was like yeah she can she has been cook since she been 12 were u been. Do u need some lesson! :lol:

Yes, I need some lessons :blush: or a good cookbook. When I meet someone one of the first things I tell them is that I don't cook. That way there's no disappointment. You know for some men they HAVE to have a woman that will cook. I do have other talents though :whistle::innocent:

Can anyone recommend a good West Indian or Jamaican cookbook? Not that nouveau stuff though. I like authentic cooking. Also can anyone recommend a good jerk seasoning that's hot; not sweet?

Well I am finally moved out of my old place and have turned in the keys :dance::dance:

:lol::lol: that is the first thing i told mike was that I don't cook cause every time i do it turns out BURNT!!!

but i am getting really good at making burrittos... :lol:

i

(Okay..I sound like a love sick puppy!!!! ) :whistle:

WOOF WOOF :hehe::P:lol:

Hello everyone :luv:

I am at work again on a Saturday :angry: No rest for the wicked I guess. I can't wait to get my next paycheck - I will have over 33 hours of overtime on it!! :D I gotta look at the bright side! Just in time for Tony's surprise trip to Jamaica for his birthday :P I still haven't told him yet. I think I'll tell him next Sunday which will be 10 days before we leave.

Does anyone have any cool ideas as to how to break the surprise to him? We will have e-tickets so I can't exactly just wrap up the plane tickets and hand them over. Any fun, creative ideas will be appreciated.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

I can't wait to get my next paycheck - I will have over 33 hours of overtime on it!! :D

Hey Rhonda-wow you should get a great paycheck! It's good that you get paid overtime. I know some supervisors are exempt and don't get paid of OT. Working tomorrow too?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am at work again on a Saturday :angry: No rest for the wicked I guess. I can't wait to get my next paycheck - I will have over 33 hours of overtime on it!! :D I gotta look at the bright side! Just in time for Tony's surprise trip to Jamaica for his birthday :P I still haven't told him yet. I think I'll tell him next Sunday which will be 10 days before we leave.

Does anyone have any cool ideas as to how to break the surprise to him? We will have e-tickets so I can't exactly just wrap up the plane tickets and hand them over. Any fun, creative ideas will be appreciated.

i would get plam tree decorations and green black and yellow streamers and put all around your house and send him out to the store to get some things....things that you know might take him like a half hour and decorate the house and play some reggea music ect...and tell him like that...i think would be cute!!!

Edited by nannygirl82

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I like Nanny's suggestion...If it is too hard to get himout the house, you can take him to a Jamaican restaurant for dinner. (If you do not have a Jamaican restaurant close by, take him to any of his favorite places to eat). Print your e-ticket iternary and wrap it in a small box. Slip it to the waiter and ask the waiter to bring it out to him after dinner. :yes::yes:

You can wrap the box in Jamaican flags. Just print a bunch of Jamaican flag pictures off the internet. Use that paper to wrap your box!! I am sure he will be soooooooo excited!!!!! What a great surprise..... Are you staying at a hotel or with family in JA????

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline
Wow......third thread :o

Good morning family. I'm back to reality :crying:

Damien is staying in JA for few more days. We miss each other already (L)

Going back to catch up. I hope all is well.

Welcome Back!

I just got back from Maryland. Sorry I did not get a chance to see you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow sounds like the pay will be great. It is still a bummer u have to work so much.

Suprising Tony I would wrap a whole bunch of different size boxes. I would then put them all inside each other and wrap up the huge box. In the small box I may put like trip items small toothpaste, soap, ect., another box things that reminds him of home family pictures and in the last smallest box I would have a printout of the e-ticket.

:lol::lol: I would recomend the Grace Jerk seasoning hot sauce. It is real good. :thumbs: Congratulations on fishing with your move :dance:

I mean finishing with your move not fishing oh boy!!! help me please.... ahah

Well it is back to doing more wedding items. Seating plan is done. Finishing word searches and on to busniess cards with our new addresses for his family and friends. Then hair tommorow and almost ready. How safe is that ElGreco Hotel? Has anyone had anything stolen? Are there cockroaches in that hotel? Just wondering if I should bring the ####### spray? Okay 3 days to go whoopie!! From one hot sizzling place to another!

Welcom Tali I see you there at the bottom if you have any questions please don't be shy nothing is off limits here. Welcome to the yard

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

ElGreco Hotel? Are there cockroaches in that hotel? Just wondering if I should bring the ####### spray?

:lol: ok Jax, get your mind out of the gutter :lol::lol: . My advice would be no :P .

Seriously, Shemonya(sbj1221) has stayed there before so maybe she could tell you how the hotel is.

Timeline

Thanks for the welcome. I've finally found my way to the "Yardies" site. It took me a while and I just finished scanning some of the messages. You all are quite a family. And I was tickled to see you mention my name at the end :)

I'm so happy for the woman who married Duane. She seems so happy. And I feel badly for the woman who decided not to marry her fiancee and now he wants to sue. In reading the messages I had to stop and wonder if its really true that we are responsible for our husband (even after divorce) for 10 years? That seems a bit harsh.

I've been reading your comments about the interview and its great information. I've been so nervous! And he has too. We are driving from Negril to Kingston for the 7:15 interview (leaving at like 2:30 in the morning). He hates kingston (got robbed there as a kid) and dosen't want to spend the night there (wit dem keepin all dat noise and gunshots and dem.... Noo sah!). Sigh.

I really don't know what we will do when he gets here. The other day he called me and I was getting my legs waxed. After a fairly hilarious explanation of what that meant, he asked me if the shop I was in was "downtown". This led to another interesting coversation about how you can have a large concentration of stores out in the boonies. Then I had to explain "the boonies". :)

I love that man!

SOrry I am rambling - just excited to be talking to you folks I guess!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome to the thread Tali :thumbs:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome Tali, please feel free to post any questions or concerns.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome Tali!!

LOL @ your honey and his fear of Kingston. He will be ok overnight. If you guys have the cash, try to convince him to stay at one of the following - each is right around the corner from the embassy. ( I slept like a baby as did almost everyone on this thread - no gunshots, no nuttin'!_

Courtleigh

Hilton

Altamont Court

Knutsford (not as close as the others, but not that far either)

Tell him I said he needs to be at the embassy awake and alert. Also, my dear Henry stayed at the hotel but decided to dash home to St. Thomas the night before and guess what... it rained and rained and rained and cars were flooded and roads impassable. I was losing my mind pacing in my room at the hotel. He finally made it back to Kingston at about 11pm much to my relief. So please encourage your guy to overnight in Kingston. Not trying to scare you....but you know JA...anything can happen.

Good luck and I am sure your interview will go fine!

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.