Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone.

Trinilad - when is the carnival in Baltimore?

Have fun tonight :dance:

Baltimore has two carnivals. one in July and one in September right after labor day weekend. Not as good ac DC Carnival which is always the last saturday in June.

Thanks....just making sure I didn't miss anything new coming. I went to one in Baltimore last year but couldn't remember which month. We missed the carnivals in DC and Baltimore this year.

So did I. First time in 10 years. I made Jamaica Carnival though. My God! The women there are a lil....how you say it....exposed. Women from Trinidad enjoy carnival cause that is the best Carnival in the world, but Jamaican women takes it to another level. Iffeisha is not into Carnival and it was the first time she saw me respond to calypso music in this manner. Calypso is not played a log in Jamaican clubs. She has sworn never to take me to any place that plays calypso music again. I wonder what she is gonna do when we go DC Carnival next year. I go crazy to soca music. I actually play with the mud band for DC Carnival. To this day I do not know how I got home last year. Just woke up Sunday morning in my tub covered in mud. But whatever I did, I am sure I had a great time. With some luck, no one else knows .

:lol: Sounds like fun. I love to see people dance to soca music in the club...it takes so much energy....amazing. I lose 5 pounds just watching ;)

I wore a white t-shirt to the carnival in Baltimore last year..it got covered in mud. Does the mud mean anything special? or is it just fun to play in?

Yippe :dance: My I130 was approved on October 12th. I just recieved the notice today! Yippe now it is going to NH. My I-130 was approved in 55 days not bad.

What is next with the process? Can anyone :help: me out. It would be greatly appricated. Should I now skip the K-3 process or keep doing both?

And to think I thought I messed up the paper work and they were going to send it back fwww. :whistle:

Wow, that was fast AND you didn't need the cert marriage license. Congrats :dance::dance::dance:

Ditto. Congrats :thumbs:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

For even my close friends that know me (and know Craig), have NO CLUE why Craig is acting the way he acts and why HE is making this experience so flippin stressful.........maturity??!!! I said to him last night, we (me and my son) are SOOO laid back and we're NOT hard to live with.....but he just can't handle the fact that he DOES have to share........but again, this wasn't a "surprise" to him!!!!!!! I suggested to Craig that he reeeeeally needs to be around families WITH kids, my friends with their kids and COUPLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My son is 12 and a true-blue teenager WITH a mouth at times, but I put him in check and Craig can't STAND when I get upset and raise my voice at my son (I don't discipline physically). I'm the type of parent that won't let my child get away with disrespect, etc and when I say you're grounded....I follow through. My son is a good kid, everyone that he goes and stays with and hangs out at their house compliments me alllll of the time.

Who knows?????????

That parent thing. Are you telling me your parents do not know you are marraid and have no idea who Craig is? Or maybe , I need to read that again. Yey....it looks like that is what you said.

I live in baltimore City . When I get back from JA, maybe we can all get together. Maybe Craig just feel out of sorts and everyone around is foreign to him. Does he have any frinds here from Jamaica or the caribbean?

I agree. It makes a huge difference if they make their own friends and to be around their own people. Damien said it doesn't make a difference but he is gets so happy when he sees other Jamaicans or something he can identify like breadfruit for example. During the summer, we would go to the Crossroads club on Sunday afternoons so Damien could play dominoes and pool with other Caribbean men....it's the small things he really enjoys.

Timeline

Kelly -- How are things going on your end? Hope all is well.....

Hey Mindy,

Thanks for asking.....

Things are a little better after not talking to each other for 3 days !!! We HAD to talk last night because I told him he needs to find another place to stay because this is TOTAL BS !!! Anyway, his "deal" is my relationship with my son. He *says* he's not jealous, but.......he asked, when is it ME and YOU time, you and Austin are ALWAYS together !!! Now, here's how things go in our house.....

He leaves for work at 7:30am and I take my son to school at 7:30am. My son has soccer practice Mon & Wed from 5-7pm, we don't get home until 7:30pm-ish. I NEVER know when Craig is going to get home from work, it can be anywhere from 6:30 to 9pm. His place of business is closing so his hours are all over the place. So when I get home, I gotta cook or find something for dinner, help my son with mounds of homework...catch-up on my travel stuff (because working my part-time job takes away from that on occassions), plus I scored the Baltimore Blast soccer team travel this year and that's keeping me VERY busy!! There are certain shows on TV that I like to chill out and watch and Craig likes the shows that I watch (except for The Bachelor). So we usually sit and watch them. My son goes to sleep at 9:30pm and Craig is shortly thereafter. Weekends --my son has soccer skill training Sat for 2 hours (times vary) and Sunday's we're off to anywhere in Maryland or Virginia for a game or tournament. This time of the year, I have a ton of travel functions and shows to go to in the evening and I'm gone till 9pm-ish.

I spend as MUCH time with Craig as I possibly can.........but, he does not "GET" the fact that "I" am my sons only support system. Yes, my son tries to take advantage of that, but I give a little here and I give a little there. For those of us that have kids, you know exactly how I'm feeling and what I'm talking about........it's WAAAAY exhausting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight we have no plans, but ........who KNOWS when he'll be home and he's NOT a "planner". I know that we need more quality time, but being a single parent with a crazy busy schedule (and he totally knew this BEFORE he got here)......"I" NEED a vacation alone !!!

Anyone else feelin me ????????

You know I cannot respond to this one cause I get overly passionate about this issue me being a single parent myself. (For 3 weeks gain at least). Every relationsship with children has its own set of perculiar issues and no two are alike. My personal philosophy when it comes to my child is that I can chose my spouse, but my child I am stuck with for life. It's unfortunate that he feels he has to complete. Maybe he should try to take him to a soccer match or two, get on the sideline and do some cheering. My prayers are with you on this one. I guess I am too much of a cut and dry person for understand this so maybe someone with more of an objective head can give you some tips here. I need to take Craig with me and have a drink one of these days. We live close enough. Maybe he is having some difficulty understanding how easy this whole adjustment can be. Having a successful marraige and a happy home should not be so damn hard. maybe there is something that you are not sharing cause I cannot understand why he just insist on making this such a stressful experience. Maybe one Caribbean man to another, I may be able to share me lil bit of wisdom with him.

Right on Trinilad :thumbs: I, too, was a single mother for 12 years. I would not be in a relationship where someone would THINK to question my time with my child. There would be no marrige if Damien did not respect my daugther and vice versa...I don't time for the drama....no one should be jealous of a child.

I'm a busy woman but I make sure I spend enough time with my daughter without Damien.....find time for all 3 of us then some adult time with Damien - we go out on "dates" every Friday and we have a "family night" every other week. And of course some "me" time.

Somehow you have find balance. Good luck.

Edited by sjb1221

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This evening is my lil bachelor party. My friends are taking me to a bar close to work to get my drink on. last hurrah!

Have a great time :yes:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kelly -- How are things going on your end? Hope all is well.....

Hey Mindy,

Thanks for asking.....

Things are a little better after not talking to each other for 3 days !!! We HAD to talk last night because I told him he needs to find another place to stay because this is TOTAL BS !!! Anyway, his "deal" is my relationship with my son. He *says* he's not jealous, but.......he asked, when is it ME and YOU time, you and Austin are ALWAYS together !!! Now, here's how things go in our house.....

He leaves for work at 7:30am and I take my son to school at 7:30am. My son has soccer practice Mon & Wed from 5-7pm, we don't get home until 7:30pm-ish. I NEVER know when Craig is going to get home from work, it can be anywhere from 6:30 to 9pm. His place of business is closing so his hours are all over the place. So when I get home, I gotta cook or find something for dinner, help my son with mounds of homework...catch-up on my travel stuff (because working my part-time job takes away from that on occassions), plus I scored the Baltimore Blast soccer team travel this year and that's keeping me VERY busy!! There are certain shows on TV that I like to chill out and watch and Craig likes the shows that I watch (except for The Bachelor). So we usually sit and watch them. My son goes to sleep at 9:30pm and Craig is shortly thereafter. Weekends --my son has soccer skill training Sat for 2 hours (times vary) and Sunday's we're off to anywhere in Maryland or Virginia for a game or tournament. This time of the year, I have a ton of travel functions and shows to go to in the evening and I'm gone till 9pm-ish.

I spend as MUCH time with Craig as I possibly can.........but, he does not "GET" the fact that "I" am my sons only support system. Yes, my son tries to take advantage of that, but I give a little here and I give a little there. For those of us that have kids, you know exactly how I'm feeling and what I'm talking about........it's WAAAAY exhausting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight we have no plans, but ........who KNOWS when he'll be home and he's NOT a "planner". I know that we need more quality time, but being a single parent with a crazy busy schedule (and he totally knew this BEFORE he got here)......"I" NEED a vacation alone !!!

Anyone else feelin me ????????

You know I cannot respond to this one cause I get overly passionate about this issue me being a single parent myself. (For 3 weeks gain at least). Every relationsship with children has its own set of perculiar issues and no two are alike. My personal philosophy when it comes to my child is that I can chose my spouse, but my child I am stuck with for life. It's unfortunate that he feels he has to complete. Maybe he should try to take him to a soccer match or two, get on the sideline and do some cheering. My prayers are with you on this one. I guess I am too much of a cut and dry person for understand this so maybe someone with more of an objective head can give you some tips here. I need to take Craig with me and have a drink one of these days. We live close enough. Maybe he is having some difficulty understanding how easy this whole adjustment can be. Having a successful marraige and a happy home should not be so damn hard. maybe there is something that you are not sharing cause I cannot understand why he just insist on making this such a stressful experience. Maybe one Caribbean man to another, I may be able to share me lil bit of wisdom with him.

Right on Trinilad :thumbs: I, too, was a single mother for 12 years. I would not be in a relationship where someone would THINK to question my time with my child. There would be no marrige if Damien did not respect my daugther and vice versa...I don't time for the drama....no one should be jealous of a child.

I'm a busy woman but I make sure I spend enough time with my daughter without Damien.....find time for all 3 of us then some adult time with Damien - we go out on "dates" every Friday and we have a "family night" every other week. And of course some "me" time.

Somehow you have find balance. Good luck.

well i have to some sympathy for craig on this....not a lot but some...he came her not knowing what it would be like...everyone is differnt in how the adapt to certian things..craig might have come here thinking it was no big deal...but then a little think called reality hit in...i think in a perfect world we would all have some sort of balance in our lives but this world is not perfect... i know from first hand experince that some men get jealous of their new babies cause of all the time their wives spend with the child...it is human..it is a human emotion to act feel that way....but the question is can they get over it??? some can and some can't

kelly you know what is true and the right thing to do...listen to your gut feelling and if you feel that he is unable to move on or get over this...then you know what to do

Timeline

All the best to those with interviews coming up Darlene, Shauna and Stephen! How exciting and they are all close to each other and wow Shauna and Stephen yours are the same day very cool. May everything go smoothly and your next adventure can start. (F)

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I'll be at the Knutsford on Thursday and Friday. Now I wish the interview was on Monday so we all could have gotten together. I suppose on Friday they will be all tired and cranky....

Getting nervous...

Party at the Knutsford!! :lol:

Good luck to all of you with your interviews!

BTW, I liked the Knutsford when hubby and I stayed there.

really? that is great! i looks nice from the pics i have seen on there website...what kind of things are there to do around there??? how far is the embassy?? a couple of blocks right?

The embassy is a couple blocks away. At 6.30am in the morning, I would not suggest walking. It will take you about 5-10 mins to walk. But it's not like a main street you are coming from. The hotel will call you a taxi which may be about $300JA. Spend the $5.00US and get there safetly.

Things to do around there. Hmmm. It is downtown New Kingston so not much besides shopping. Are you leaving from Mo Bay? There is a lot to do in the counntry side. But in Kingston, from my personal experience, the options are not that much. It is not a tourist town in my opinion.

ok...well we are planning on being at the embassy at 5:00 am because the line gets very long!! so i guess we will just take a taxi then....

guess we will just hang out by the pool :D

you hardly see anyone by the pool. :lol: But do like Trinilad says and ask the hotel to call the taxi. Do not take a taxi that is parked outside the hotel. The tend to drive up the prices like crazy.

There are museums and dance theatre and such if you want to check things out around Kingston. Go to starapple restaurant to celebrate after you get approved. I really liked the food there. The restaurant is a little cottage. DO NOT eat the Knutsford restaurant. The food is pricey and not very good.

no one at the pool? :unsure: ok i will keep that restaurant in mind...is there a movie theater near by?

Timeline

It's finally Friday :dance:

Jax -- Congrats on your approval. Wish I could help but I have no clue about what you're doing. Just seems too complicated to me.

Thanks Minday it is complicated but I am figuring this Cr-1 thing out. I sent Dwain an email with the DS-3032 form to sign and send back to me. He filled it out today and is sending it back to me Fed-ex or DHL. Which way is the best safest and fastest way to send mail from JA to USA???? Then I need to call the hotline number and get are number so I can create this bar code on the computer and send it in. This is a short cut I got off of James Shortcuts. You can do the AOS bill fee the same way by creating some bar code. Hopefully with all of these shortcuts the packet will be sent to the embassy in Kingston by December. Then how ever long it takes for them to sign an interview there I guess. I wish the interview could be in December when I go down but that is wishful thinking.

Thank you guys for all the congrats I appreciate it :D

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I think DHL is a good courier service from Jamaica to the States. I see more DHL trucks and offices than the others but Fedex is also good. Documents are easier sent than packages.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am looking forward to being in Kingston. I plan on taking in as much as I can. Friday night we are going to Asylum. I always hear and read about that club so I will be anxious to see it. Thursday probably Emanciapation Park and Bob Marley and definitely Devon House. We are renting a car for the time I am there so I want to see what I can. Who knows if I will ever be back in Kingston.

Good luck to you Jax! Things seem to be moving fast for the both of you.

Next week at this time I should be 10 sheets to the wind....(if all goes well) or 11 sheets if it doesn't. But I am not worrying about that.

Working tomorrow and Sunday will be the final going over all the paperwork and then trying to stuff as much in a duffle bag as I can so in 10 more day when I go for vacation I will have more room in my suitcases for more stuff to take.... So much stuff and so little room...

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

It's finally Friday :dance:

Jax -- Congrats on your approval. Wish I could help but I have no clue about what you're doing. Just seems too complicated to me.

Thanks Minday it is complicated but I am figuring this Cr-1 thing out. I sent Dwain an email with the DS-3032 form to sign and send back to me. He filled it out today and is sending it back to me Fed-ex or DHL. Which way is the best safest and fastest way to send mail from JA to USA???? Then I need to call the hotline number and get are number so I can create this bar code on the computer and send it in. This is a short cut I got off of James Shortcuts. You can do the AOS bill fee the same way by creating some bar code. Hopefully with all of these shortcuts the packet will be sent to the embassy in Kingston by December. Then how ever long it takes for them to sign an interview there I guess. I wish the interview could be in December when I go down but that is wishful thinking.

Thank you guys for all the congrats I appreciate it :D

Jax,

What is the James Shortcuts? Where can I find it? Or any info about it?

I think DHL is a good courier service from Jamaica to the States. I see more DHL trucks and offices than the others but Fedex is also good. Documents are easier sent than packages.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am looking forward to being in Kingston. I plan on taking in as much as I can. Friday night we are going to Asylum. I always hear and read about that club so I will be anxious to see it. Thursday probably Emanciapation Park and Bob Marley and definitely Devon House. We are renting a car for the time I am there so I want to see what I can. Who knows if I will ever be back in Kingston.

Next week at this time I should be 10 sheets to the wind....(if all goes well) or 11 sheets if it doesn't. But I am not worrying about that.

Working tomorrow and Sunday will be the final going over all the paperwork and then trying to stuff as much in a duffle bag as I can so in 10 more day when I go for vacation I will have more room in my suitcases for more stuff to take.... So much stuff and so little room...

Asylum is crazy!! I really enjoy the parties there!!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

sounds like so much fun...wish i had a little more time to go and do those things...i am sure after the interview we will crash....and i am sure everything will go well...don't worry....

Timeline
Jax,

What is the James Shortcuts? Where can I find it? Or any info about it?

Anna,

Its in National Visa Center Forum under Time Savers pinned at the top.

Here is the link http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ic=117&st=0

it is suppose to save you time. So I am praying for that. I would like to get this done before my hubby heads out on tour to Europe early next year.

You won't need the shortcuts until you get your NOA2.

All the best B)

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello and good evening fam

So I've been MIA handling business, but you all have been on my mind.

Darlene, Nanny, and Trinilad - good luck on your upcoming interviews

Jax - congrats on NOA without marriage certificate ;)

And I have good news (and no, I'm not pregnant :lol:) - both myself and hubby got job approvals today and we both start Monday :dance:

The first place he interviewed for waaayyyy back in the summer (remember I told you they tried to hire him for another position?) called him to interview Wednesday, and he received the "we are delighted to extend an offer of employment" call this morning :yes:

I interviewed today for an accounting position (have to put those education dollars to work) temp-to-hire (still waiting to hear back from a government position I applied for), but pays nicely :yes: so we are both on cloud 9 and of course giving thanks to the Lord. Persistence, prayer and faith paid off.

Once he got his work permit and went to interview, a lot of employers were telling him that they wanted the actual greencard in hand also (the I-9 got taken at AOS interview) so we were at a standstill for about a month, and I swear we sent his resume from California to Australia and back with no reply.

For those of you with spouses still waiting for work, hang in there. Always remind them that you have their back, and let them know that the things they can do in the meantime (helping cook meals, massages after work, surprising you with doing the last load of laundry that was in the hamper) are just as big a help as an actual paycheck.

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.