Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
DEFINITELY 2nd that........for GOOOOD VIBES to Darlene, Shauna and Stephen. Safe travels and best wishes to everyone!! I'm routin for ya !!

Have a great weekend everyone !!! Hopefully us MD/VA/DC OR PA (if you were around) are going to be able to link up !!

:dance:

THANKS!

:lol::lol: ...kelly you are too funny....how's the weather????

Stephen...i have the same date as you and at 7:15 as well.....are you staying over in Kingston the night before??? I decided it would be best for us if we did and then we are also going to stay a extra night...i am sure we will see you there!!

Edited by nannygirl82

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Stephen...i have the same date as you and at 7:15 as well.....are you staying over in Kingston the night before??? I decided it would be best for us if we did and then we are also going to stay a extra night...i am sure we will see you there!!

Weather is actually a little on the sunny side and absolutely NO storms !!!

That's too cool that you guys have the same time!! You'll get to chat up in line and while waiting in the waiting room AND to support each other to take the edge off of being nervous!! Shauna, can you take some pics (travel agent shots) for me of the hotel ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am still here.

We are going to have a civil ceremony at the courthouse in Baltimore City that Friday. I work at the Culinary school in baltimore and we have banquet and restaurant faccilities. As a present, my college is throwing me a small reception at no cost for about 25 people. Could not pass up on that offer. Did not feel like doing the decorating for the banquet hall for the ceremony and since the courthouse has a nice wedding chapel area I decided to use them.The time between our arrival and the wedding is too short to plan anything else. We have a lot to take care of when she comes here from deciding which college to attend, my sister's wedding in Florida a week after she gets here, her having to take the Praxis exam for the MD Education board certification on November 14th, a surprise birthday party for her on November 16th , and trying to make sure we cathch all the sales on Black Friday.Phew! I get tired just thinking about it. So I guess I will come up for air sometime in December!

Best of luck to Darlene. You know I do not like to use the word luck acsue it sounds like we are taking a chance at something. The people I have met here are people with great intentions and solid relationships. So this is just a process that is just a part of being together. So to Darlene and all the others I say, give us all a heads up when you and the boo gets back cause you know we "yardies" know how to do things right.

Timeline
Weather is actually a little on the sunny side and absolutely NO storms !!!

That's too cool that you guys have the same time!! You'll get to chat up in line and while waiting in the waiting room AND to support each other to take the edge off of being nervous!! Shauna, can you take some pics (travel agent shots) for me of the hotel ?

Kelly for sure i can play travel agent for the day :lol::lol:

kelly i know mike will be of no help with my nerves :lol::lol:

It's finally Friday :dance:

Jill -- Roy is just fine. It worked and <I guess> he feels better. I should have weighed him before he drank that stuff :lol: I have no advice for you on this one.....yikes.

Rhonda -- It's my Halloween avatar.....I have one of a puking pumpkin too!

Jax -- Congrats on your approval. Wish I could help but I have no clue about what you're doing. Just seems too complicated to me.

Darlene, Shauna & Stephen -- Okay, I won't say Good Luck -- how about.....have a wonderful time in Kingston next week :dance:

Kelly -- How are things going on your end? Hope all is well.....

....and for those of you playing....five traps, two days, one squirrel :dance: :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

DEFINITELY 2nd that........for GOOOOD VIBES to Darlene, Shauna and Stephen. Safe travels and best wishes to everyone!! I'm routin for ya !!

Have a great weekend everyone !!! Hopefully us MD/VA/DC OR PA (if you were around) are going to be able to link up !!

THANKS!

I am staying over in Kingston. I actually fly into Montego Bay on Sunday from JFK and then we are driving to Kingston and overnight at the Knutsford. Do not feel like driving that early morning to get into Kingston.

I will e mail you my contact info in Jamiaca so we can at least maybe get together sometime before you leave. Is he supposed to be flying back with you? I am going to be there until Sunday when we fly back to JFK.

Timeline

I am staying over in Kingston. I actually fly into Montego Bay on Sunday from JFK and then we are driving to Kingston and overnight at the Knutsford. Do not feel like driving that early morning to get into Kingston.

I will e mail you my contact info in Jamiaca so we can at least maybe get together sometime before you leave. Is he supposed to be flying back with you? I am going to be there until Sunday when we fly back to JFK.

Cool, you and Shauna are staying at the same place !!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'll be at the Knutsford on Thursday and Friday. Now I wish the interview was on Monday so we all could have gotten together. I suppose on Friday they will be all tired and cranky....

Getting nervous...

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'll be at the Knutsford on Thursday and Friday. Now I wish the interview was on Monday so we all could have gotten together. I suppose on Friday they will be all tired and cranky....

Getting nervous...

Party at the Knutsford!! :lol:

Good luck to all of you with your interviews!

BTW, I liked the Knutsford when hubby and I stayed there.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Hey Mindy,

Thanks for asking.....

Things are a little better after not talking to each other for 3 days !!! We HAD to talk last night because I told him he needs to find another place to stay because this is TOTAL BS !!! Anyway, his "deal" is my relationship with my son. He *says* he's not jealous, but.......he asked, when is it ME and YOU time, you and Austin are ALWAYS together !!! Now, here's how things go in our house.....

He leaves for work at 7:30am and I take my son to school at 7:30am. My son has soccer practice Mon & Wed from 5-7pm, we don't get home until 7:30pm-ish. I NEVER know when Craig is going to get home from work, it can be anywhere from 6:30 to 9pm. His place of business is closing so his hours are all over the place. So when I get home, I gotta cook or find something for dinner, help my son with mounds of homework...catch-up on my travel stuff (because working my part-time job takes away from that on occassions), plus I scored the Baltimore Blast soccer team travel this year and that's keeping me VERY busy!! There are certain shows on TV that I like to chill out and watch and Craig likes the shows that I watch (except for The Bachelor). So we usually sit and watch them. My son goes to sleep at 9:30pm and Craig is shortly thereafter. Weekends --my son has soccer skill training Sat for 2 hours (times vary) and Sunday's we're off to anywhere in Maryland or Virginia for a game or tournament. This time of the year, I have a ton of travel functions and shows to go to in the evening and I'm gone till 9pm-ish.

I spend as MUCH time with Craig as I possibly can.........but, he does not "GET" the fact that "I" am my sons only support system. Yes, my son tries to take advantage of that, but I give a little here and I give a little there. For those of us that have kids, you know exactly how I'm feeling and what I'm talking about........it's WAAAAY exhausting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight we have no plans, but ........who KNOWS when he'll be home and he's NOT a "planner". I know that we need more quality time, but being a single parent with a crazy busy schedule (and he totally knew this BEFORE he got here)......"I" NEED a vacation alone !!!

Anyone else feelin me ????????

Timeline

THANKS!

cool!! i am flying into Mobay on Sunday as well...from Philly to mobay and i get in at 11am...then we are going to ochi to get the folder of papers at mike's place then to kingston....and we will be in Kington till tuesday when i leave to go back :( wish i could fly back with him but can't take that much time off of work...pm me your contact stuff and we can meet up since we will be at the same place...

Darlene...sorry you won't be there :(:(

Timeline

Hey Mindy,

Thanks for asking.....

Things are a little better after not talking to each other for 3 days !!! We HAD to talk last night because I told him he needs to find another place to stay because this is TOTAL BS !!! Anyway, his "deal" is my relationship with my son. He *says* he's not jealous, but.......he asked, when is it ME and YOU time, you and Austin are ALWAYS together !!! Now, here's how things go in our house.....

He leaves for work at 7:30am and I take my son to school at 7:30am. My son has soccer practice Mon & Wed from 5-7pm, we don't get home until 7:30pm-ish. I NEVER know when Craig is going to get home from work, it can be anywhere from 6:30 to 9pm. His place of business is closing so his hours are all over the place. So when I get home, I gotta cook or find something for dinner, help my son with mounds of homework...catch-up on my travel stuff (because working my part-time job takes away from that on occassions), plus I scored the Baltimore Blast soccer team travel this year and that's keeping me VERY busy!! There are certain shows on TV that I like to chill out and watch and Craig likes the shows that I watch (except for The Bachelor). So we usually sit and watch them. My son goes to sleep at 9:30pm and Craig is shortly thereafter. Weekends --my son has soccer skill training Sat for 2 hours (times vary) and Sunday's we're off to anywhere in Maryland or Virginia for a game or tournament. This time of the year, I have a ton of travel functions and shows to go to in the evening and I'm gone till 9pm-ish.

I spend as MUCH time with Craig as I possibly can.........but, he does not "GET" the fact that "I" am my sons only support system. Yes, my son tries to take advantage of that, but I give a little here and I give a little there. For those of us that have kids, you know exactly how I'm feeling and what I'm talking about........it's WAAAAY exhausting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight we have no plans, but ........who KNOWS when he'll be home and he's NOT a "planner". I know that we need more quality time, but being a single parent with a crazy busy schedule (and he totally knew this BEFORE he got here)......"I" NEED a vacation alone !!!

Anyone else feelin me ????????

You know I cannot respond to this one cause I get overly passionate about this issue me being a single parent myself. (For 3 weeks gain at least). Every relationsship with children has its own set of perculiar issues and no two are alike. My personal philosophy when it comes to my child is that I can chose my spouse, but my child I am stuck with for life. It's unfortunate that he feels he has to complete. Maybe he should try to take him to a soccer match or two, get on the sideline and do some cheering. My prayers are with you on this one. I guess I am too much of a cut and dry person for understand this so maybe someone with more of an objective head can give you some tips here. I need to take Craig with me and have a drink one of these days. We live close enough. Maybe he is having some difficulty understanding how easy this whole adjustment can be. Having a successful marraige and a happy home should not be so damn hard. maybe there is something that you are not sharing cause I cannot understand why he just insist on making this such a stressful experience. Maybe one Caribbean man to another, I may be able to share me lil bit of wisdom with him.

Filed: Timeline
I am still here.

We are going to have a civil ceremony at the courthouse in Baltimore City that Friday. I work at the Culinary school in baltimore and we have banquet and restaurant faccilities. As a present, my college is throwing me a small reception at no cost for about 25 people. Could not pass up on that offer. Did not feel like doing the decorating for the banquet hall for the ceremony and since the courthouse has a nice wedding chapel area I decided to use them.The time between our arrival and the wedding is too short to plan anything else. We have a lot to take care of when she comes here from deciding which college to attend, my sister's wedding in Florida a week after she gets here, her having to take the Praxis exam for the MD Education board certification on November 14th, a surprise birthday party for her on November 16th , and trying to make sure we cathch all the sales on Black Friday.Phew! I get tired just thinking about it. So I guess I will come up for air sometime in December!

Wow that's nice that your place of employment is doing that for you. But your schedule Stephen, OMG. I'm getting exhuausted just looking at it :P .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.