Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!!!

Interviewed this mawnin.....I'll let him (L) post his experience ;)

But I'll spread the news We were

APPROVED !!!! My man is coming home ya'll :dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations!!! :dance:

DITTO :thumbs::dance: Brings back memories

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a good note , Mr. Smith has been approved for his Green Card as of 10/03/06, and is currently working a full time job at Lowe's

That's wonderful. Congratulations!!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey y'all,

I know it has been sometime since I have posted, but know that i have had the moment to try and catch up, WOW... So much diffrent than from a year ago, when a majority of us were waiting to get our now husbands here!!!! On a good note , Mr. Smith has been approved for his Green Card as of 10/03/06, and is currently working a full time job at Lowe's ( comparible to Home Depot).

Talk to you all soon,

Mrs . Smith

So good to hear from you, Mrs. Smith! Can you believe its been a year for most of us in the "first batch"?? I am so happy we all found each other and Mooma Squitto hooked us all together. :luv: I remember her very 1st post of this thread. Sigh. Even though Henry thinks every last one of you "chat too much!" :lol:

Congrats to the Mr. on getting the job at LOWES (I am renovating my old house and need a discount! Wish you lived in NY or CT or NJ :lol: ) And, girl, the kisteet thing! Ai Ai Ai! I am West Indian/Caribbean-born and, therefore, well familiar with, and understand, the custom..... but d-izz-amn! For Henry it's like breathing! Every six seconds. :wacko: To his credit I have seen him struggle of late to curb it - or at least break into a cough or whistle to pretend he didn't do it. :lol:

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I do live in NY, upstate area!!!! I am so excited he works there, cause my house needs work, and every penny counts!!!!

Mr. Smith says I chat to much, not on the computer but to my girls. I guess where he comes from that is not proper.. But it is a hard habit like his " kiss teet" to break!!!! Woman talk, that is what we do!!! He told me I could start punching him in the arm everytime he does it, but I don't think that will work!!!! He is just going to have to come across enough people that it will annoy, then he will get it!!! I hope, soething has got to give!!!

I forgot to mention, his adapting to American food, is not happening. he likes hot dos, and chicken chicken chicken!! How much longer can I eat just chicken.

I have seen him struggle of late to curb it - or at least break into a cough or whistle to pretend he didn't do it. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Hey Elizabeth -- Where did you get that Avatar? Is that a real shirt? I have to have one!!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Timeline

ok so by now you all know dat i was approved to day thank god :dance::dance::dance:

an trust me w hen i tell u i would not have gotten approved if it was not for you guys an this site!!!!!!

ok so i know u all must be dieng for the details so il try to make it as detailed as possible. so i got ther at

about 6 got in at 7:10 my name was called pretty quiclky the first lady that i spoke to took all my doc u ments an gave me my xray bakcn an gave me a pink slip to put my pp# on an told me to wait until i heard my name again in like 5- 1o mins i did this lady was an american an she now had all my docs she was not freindly but polite an busines like " she the sorted through my docs an gave back wat she did no need ( tax returns for 2004 and 2003) they only need the most recent one , she gave back the bank statements an pay check stubs. an then it began " she drilled me like the lawyers do on law on order(i think it cuz we are a younger couple an i was aloone) she asked me at least 25 question soem of them were reapeated or phrased differley to try an trick me but i was ready for her she tried hard but i gave quick correct ans always an was confident.

jus some eg. of the question she asked

when we met

how we met

her age

how long we been together whe we got married

wher she live

do i kno ne fam

dob

an lots more......then she aske if i had ne proof of relation ship i showed her pic an postcards an the finally when she could not find ne thing else she told me dat igot the visa. ( a good word of advise for those who have upcoming dates if u can be with ur spouse pls do so an if not mak sure they are fully knowledge able an confident becuz trust me if i had buckeld one bit i know i would get on big fat denial she was gunning for me. u can also pray you get a jamaican interviewer much better while i was getting drilled this was lady was being interviewed an the ja interviewer strated ask qustion in standard english. whe she was not getting ne where she jus stop an bust out in raw patios i was dieng. but all im happy an thank you guys for ur help if u have ne question pls addrres to my wife she will ans them as im unable to come online as often as b4

Timeline
I have seen him struggle of late to curb it - or at least break into a cough or whistle to pretend he didn't do it. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Hey Elizabeth -- Where did you get that Avatar? Is that a real shirt? I have to have one!!!

Yeah it's real. I got it here: LOST Ts

There are so many of them, you may have to search thru quite a lot. I want to get one about Desmond. There are so many.

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
ok so by now you all know dat i was approved to day thank god :dance::dance::dance:

u can also pray you get a jamaican interviewer much better while i was getting drilled this was lady was being interviewed an the ja interviewer strated ask qustion in standard english. whe she was not getting ne where she jus stop an bust out in raw patios i was dieng. but all im happy an thank you guys for ur help if u have ne question pls addrres to my wife she will ans them as im unable to come online as often as b4

Ah me ah dead wid laugh!! :lol: Thanks for the report; it will definitely benefit those who have interviews coming up. Sounds tough, but you made it! Next stop Philly!!! :yes:

:lol:

Yardies...I entered a poll on the yahoo site. Just thought we could break up the day a likkle bit, stir things up and add a likkle humor. ;)

It's me JillyBean!! :)

You!! I was like who is the island girl secret agent! :lol:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you so much for the information on your interview. Two weeks from today.

Congratulations again!! Have a safe journey home to your honey........

WE ARE DONE!!!

:lol:

Yardies...I entered a poll on the yahoo site. Just thought we could break up the day a likkle bit, stir things up and add a likkle humor. ;)

You!! I was like who is the island girl secret agent! :lol:

LOL!! Yep...its me! I put an explanation on the Yahoo site too.

Congratulations; great news!!

On a good note , Mr. Smith has been approved for his Green Card as of 10/03/06, and is currently working a full time job at Lowe's

That's wonderful. Congratulations!!!

:thumbs: Ditto

:ph34r: Hey IslandGirl ;)

Jilly, Jilly, Jilly ........ :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Hi Kimone!! Kisses to you, Richie and the twins!

Have a great weekend everyone! (F)

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.