Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey Jax!! We're coming back on December 29th just before new years. We'll be spending our New years right here in NYC! That's so cool that you're going down as well.

I will also be coming back on the 29th :lol: I am going to spend New Years Eve watching the Bears beat up Green Bay :lol: I have my priorities!!! :whistle:

:lol: Are you flying out of mobay? we'll probably be in the airport at the same time!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay, I've got a question ......Is there something about your fiancee/husband that ABSOLUTELY drives you nuts?

Roy doesn't eat the skin off apples but he doesn't peel them either. He takes a bite and in his mouth eats the apple part and spits out the skin. It's like nails on the chalkboard for me :lol::wacko:

I know we've talked about chicken bones in the past (Elizabeth :P )....this makes me more crazy.

Oh man don't get me started....

Andre does the apple thing as well...along with almost every other fruit including grapes :blink::wacko:

He leaves lights on ALL the time...sometimes I will come home after being gone all day and the stereo and 3 different room lights are on from when he left for work in the morning.

With his work schedule he is getting home before me so he gets the mail...and then puts it in all different places. I just found mail from last week in the bathroom on top of the medicine cabinet :unsure: Its not like its his mail or anything...its bills and stuff that I take care of. You have no idea how many late fees we have endured since his arrival :whistle:

Chicken bones :help:

Driving :help: Lets just say sometimes we drive to the same place in 2 different cars :whistle:

Ok I will stop now... I am sure I am just as annoying :no::P

Jonesie -- Are you done yet??

Yeah how did finals go? Hope you get a break soon.

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone!!!

Darlene...that looks to be about right....i scanned packet#3 info into my computer i can e-mail it to you if you want....

you guys have me laughing....ok so yes the chicken bones...the LOUD ### music and t.v...and yes how can they talk in the taxis with the music so loud??? i know one time i was right next to the speaker and felt like i had been at a concert for like 2 days...oh ya and eating corn on the cobb....mike eats the WHOLE thing...and tells me that Americans waste food....and i siad well that is because we don't feel like doing the heimlich at every freaking meal...

kim how are you doing???

Anna congrats!!!

Timeline
Hey everyone!!!

Darlene...that looks to be about right....i scanned packet#3 info into my computer i can e-mail it to you if you want....

you guys have me laughing....ok so yes the chicken bones...the LOUD ### music and t.v...and yes how can they talk in the taxis with the music so loud??? i know one time i was right next to the speaker and felt like i had been at a concert for like 2 days...oh ya and eating corn on the cobb....mike eats the WHOLE thing...and tells me that Americans waste food....and i siad well that is because we don't feel like doing the heimlich at every freaking meal...

kim how are you doing???

Anna congrats!!!

If you could do that I would appreciate it. Just want to make sure I have all the right forms.

Thanks

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone!!!

kim how are you doing???

Anna congrats!!!

If you could do that I would appreciate it. Just want to make sure I have all the right forms.

Thanks

sure just pm me your e-mail and i will send it to you tonight or tomorrow morning

Ok, so I was on the other forum again just browsing to see if the lady had responded to my inquiry..and she hadn't...but while I was looking, another forum member had informed everyone on the site that she had come across the VJ website and how great it was and thought others should check it out, and the lady responded with:

It didn't help me as much as I would've liked it to. Ended up finding out more info on my own.

She also went on to say that someone had recommended her to the site, but she found it basically useless to her....well naturally, I took offense, because I think this entire website has been one of the best things that I have ever found, and everyone in this forum has been extremely open and helpful...so I responded by just letting everyone know all the different kinds of helpful and useful information that could be found up here, how there was a network just for folx from the caribbean, and how everyone on the site has been helpful and how it is probably one of the best places to go if you want to know ANYTHING about the immigration process, before during, and after!! I really kinda think of this place as another family, and I'm actually surprised at how defensive I felt!!! Anyhoo, I'm off to work, so I'll talk to you later. Hope everyone has a nice day!!

Hey! I was the one that recomended this site on ETJ! lol

Hey!! I'm glad you recommended this site up there!! Like I said on ETJ, this site is SO full of helpful information!! I can point you in the direction of the forms you need to fill out and show you where you can find examples of how to fill them out! I (and everyone else here for that matter) can share our experiences with you...Like I said on ETJ, this site has been the most helpful site in regards to immigration that I've ever seen...ETJ is a great forum for meeting and talking to people and discussing the Jamaican culture as a whole...don't get me wrong, I like it...but this site in particular provides a lot more pertinent and useful information in regards to the actual immigration process...

Thanks and I am so glad that I posted that link as well! I agree with you on the ETJ being a great site to learn about JA culture, on the other hand it just seems hard to get positive vibes about the hole visa process that I oftentimes get discouraged. Congrats to you and Gregory on your journey! Any help I can get at this point is appreciated. A good pep talk wouldn't hurt either! :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay, I've got a question ......Is there something about your fiancee/husband that ABSOLUTELY drives you nuts?

Roy doesn't eat the skin off apples but he doesn't peel them either. He takes a bite and in his mouth eats the apple part and spits out the skin. It's like nails on the chalkboard for me :lol::wacko:

I know we've talked about chicken bones in the past (Elizabeth :P )....this makes me more crazy.

Oh man don't get me started....

Andre does the apple thing as well...along with almost every other fruit including grapes :blink::wacko:

He leaves lights on ALL the time...sometimes I will come home after being gone all day and the stereo and 3 different room lights are on from when he left for work in the morning.

With his work schedule he is getting home before me so he gets the mail...and then puts it in all different places. I just found mail from last week in the bathroom on top of the medicine cabinet :unsure: Its not like its his mail or anything...its bills and stuff that I take care of. You have no idea how many late fees we have endured since his arrival :whistle:

Chicken bones :help:

Driving :help: Lets just say sometimes we drive to the same place in 2 different cars :whistle:

Ok I will stop now... I am sure I am just as annoying :no::P

Hi all - I havent been on the board for a long time. Mainly because I'm working and traveling a lot. Partly because I'm having a really tough time. But your posts on what your fiancee does to drive you nuts made me laugh. So here is my list:

Leaves the doors open so that my house is not FULL OF FLIES. Then he goes and buys roach spray which he sprays into the air every time he sees a fly. I keep telling him, YOU CANT KILL A FLY - IN MID-FLIGHT - WITH ROACH SPRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep the dang doors closed. He just ignores me and continues to aim the nozzle at the fly.

Waters everything in sight. Regardless of whether its dead or alive. He says I don't know nutting about plantin'. Maybe he's right. But my water bill is sky high - and I'm not exactly seeing a rose garden out there.

Makes me heat up everything on the stove (American's cant wait for nutten - the microwave is bad man)

Sweeps the dirt from my house out onto the patio in the back. And leaves it there. I'm like DUDE, this is NOT sand. The dirt will not blend in. You just put dirt on my patio. What the....

Sits in my car, while its in the driveway, and blasts Jamaican music (before you ask, yes, I do have a stereo. And a CD player in the bedroom as well).

Smokes in the house. I've asked him not to over and over. HE says fine but I find evidence everywhere. In a starbucks cup, in a shoe box, in a shell next to the window in my bathroom.....

Goes to the bathroom with the seat down. I was like "why do you do that?" He says "I'm a grown man, I don't pee on the seat". Um.... yes you do buddy. YES YOU FREAKIN DO!!!

Timeline
Goes to the bathroom with the seat down. I was like "why do you do that?" He says "I'm a grown man, I don't pee on the seat". Um.... yes you do buddy. YES YOU FREAKIN DO!!!

:yes::yes::yes:

OMG!!!! How could I have forgotten that one :wacko: I hear this all the time. Then when I am like "Do you know how gross it is to sit on THAT in the middle of the night?!?!" His reply is "well then why don't you clean it up?" Trust me there has almost been a death over that one :innocent: Like I need to be cleaning up yet one more thing all the time :wacko:

Tali~ How are things going? Are things getting any better? Just wanted to let you know that you always have someone to vent/talk to if you need it (F)

Edited by Jme3584

I am new to this website and trying to figure it all out. I have some questions on filling out the forms for a K-1 Visa for my fiance coming from Jamaica. Most of my questions are about the form itself, what not to write or how much to write.

Welcome :luv: You do NOT need a lawyer. Everything you need you can find on here. The FAQ covers just about everything you can think of and the "example forms" show you exactly what to fill out for each section. I used them a lot to fill out my forms. Good luck.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

We're heading down to Virginia Beach (supposed to) this weekend for a soccer tournament, but the weather is supposed to be REALLY bad. NOT looking forward to that again this year, although Craig is TOTALLY pumped about seeing "a beach"!!!!

Do you think he's going to be disappointed? Roy loved the beach in San Diego but it was so much colder and much more (as he says) "frownsie" than Jamaica :lol:

:lol: When I took Tony to Florida (Clearwater Beach) he liked the beach but complained about the ocean! The water was freezing cold (it was April) and it wasn't clear straight to the bottom like Jamaica! He's like "why do they call it Clearwater Beach? It's not clear at all!!!" :lol::innocent: We still managed to have a blast though.

:yes: Yes, yes, yes. Tony does that annoying thing with his lips/teeth (I think you guys refer to it as "kiss teet") every time he gets mad/aggravated/frustrated/ticked off..... It is SO annoying :angry: I'm like will you quit doing that PLEASE?!!! :hehe: That's the worst offense, although I hate his smoking too. He quit for like 2 months but started again. He keeps saying he's going to quit again... :wacko:

I am perfect....nothing drives him crazy ;) [/color]

:lol::lol::whistle::innocent:

The one things that REALLY bothers me is the TV and music volume!!! ARGH!!! IS he deaf already???????? :whistle::whistle:

:yes: Oh my gosh, Tony is the exact same way. At home, in the car, everywhere he goes the volume has to be blasting! When I get in the car after he drove it last, it deafens me when it comes on :angry: We are always fighting over the volume control :blush:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OK--here's one I used to get from my husband...

"Why yuh was' money on dis Kotex ting? Jus wash out yuh likkle cloths"

Nuff said.

:yes::yes::yes:

OMG!!!! How could I have forgotten that one :wacko: I hear this all the time. Then when I am like "Do you know how gross it is to sit on THAT in the middle of the night?!?!" His reply is "well then why don't you clean it up?" Trust me there has almost been a death over that one :innocent: Like I need to be cleaning up yet one more thing all the time :wacko:

Tali~ How are things going? Are things getting any better? Just wanted to let you know that you always have someone to vent/talk to if you need it (F)

Happy Friday!! :dance: :dance:

It's about time....!!!!

I forgot about that one too. I told him, one more time if I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the washroom and get a wet butt his balls are my new earrings!! :lol:
"Why yuh was' money on dis Kotex ting? Jus wash out yuh likkle cloths. Nuff said.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

DWBCL!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Happy Friday ladies! TGIF. These husband-habits got me rollin' over here. But I have a question for you all. We may have done this before a while ago:

What do you do for a living? Do you like your job? Is it just a job or a stepping stone in your career? Are you what you wanted to be when you grew up? Do you have a dead end job (like mine)? Have you ever made a major career change? How did you go about doing that? Let's talk careers....

What do you do for a living? Do you like your job? Is it just a job or a stepping stone in your career? Are you what you wanted to be when you grew up? Do you have a dead end job (like mine)? Have you ever made a major career change? How did you go about doing that? Let's talk careers....
I HATE my job....well.....I run my mothers business -- yeah, she is my boss :wacko:

I have been working for her for seven years -- when I quit my last job (in advertising) I thought this was a blessing.....NOT!! Working for family is probably the worst. Actually, there's good and bad.....the office is in my mothers house so I don't have to dress up, put on make-up or anything like that. I am here by myself so it does get lonely. It's nice to not have to deal with "office gossip." And one day the business will be mine when she retires :clock:

I do quit on a daily basis -- sometimes hourly :lol:

All in all, this was a good move for me to make. I made it when I was still "relatively" young (36) so it was easy. I quit my job, sold my condo in the city, moved to the suburbs and bought a house. After living in Chicago for 15 years I was ready for the peace and quiet of the suburbs anyway.

I say don't be afraid of change. Follow your heart and always try to be happy.... (L) Life is too short to be spending 40(+) hours a week doing something you hate.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.