Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning,

I am new to this website and trying to figure it all out. I have some questions on filling out the forms for a K-1 Visa for my fiance coming from Jamaica. Most of my questions are about the form itself, what not to write or how much to write.

Was wondering if i could get some help from someone who has been thru this process already. I am really trying to avoid lawyer fees at the moment if i can.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks

Jamaica to US

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning,

I am new to this website and trying to figure it all out. I have some questions on filling out the forms for a K-1 Visa for my fiance coming from Jamaica. Most of my questions are about the form itself, what not to write or how much to write.

Was wondering if i could get some help from someone who has been thru this process already. I am really trying to avoid lawyer fees at the moment if i can.

Thanks

Jamaica to US

Good morning and welcome!

You will find a wealth of information and great advice from the experts who have already gone throught the process. You do not need a lawyer for this process, it is just time consuming.

Good luck with the beginning of your journey.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning,

Thanks

Jamaica to US

Welcome :luv:

She also went on to say that someone had recommended her to the site, but she found it basically useless to her

That's funny -- I would have never made it through this process without you guys. I guess I can understand that if she came onto VJ and didn't know where "we" were -- it would be pretty much useless to her. Before Mama Squitto gathered us all up and put us in one place it was hard to find information specific to Jamaica. Thank you Squitto!! (L)

I am new to this website and trying to figure it all out. I have some questions on filling out the forms for a K-1 Visa for my fiance coming from Jamaica.
Welcome Jamus.....ask away. We are all here to give you any help and support we can. If you want to use a lawyer that is your choice. I was going to when I started this process -- then I found VJ and decided I could do it on my own. We had no problems. I suggest you save your money. :yes:

Jamie Baby -- What's Up????? How's school???

What docs is required to get married in JA?
Anna -- What's going on? You going down there to get married? Do you have a date? I'm so excited for you!!! :jest:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hi Yardie fam! Happy Hump Day. :D

All is well on the Squito front. Just checking in to say hello. Squito and I just booked tickets to go to Jamaica for Christmas. I can't wait! :dance:

Awesome :thumbs:

How long are you able to go for??? I am so jealous :P

Squito's going for two weeks, but I'm only going for one week. Can't wait!! :dance:

Squitto -- You might think this is a stupid question....but....are you going with him for the first week or meeting him there for the second week.....does that make sense?

Edited by Minfay

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Timeline

All is well on the Squito front. Just checking in to say hello. Squito and I just booked tickets to go to Jamaica for Christmas. I can't wait! :dance:

That is awesome. One of these days I will be there for Christmas.

What part will you go to and how long?

This is actually going to be my first time going for Christmas. That's why I'm so excited. I've been to JA more times than I can count, but this trip will be extra special. My whole family is going. Mom, Dad, brother sister cousins, Squito and I. It's going to be like a mini family reunion! We'll be staying between Trelawny at my in laws and Ocho Rios where my parents are getting a hotel.

Squito and I just booked tickets to go to Jamaica for Christmas. I can't wait! :dance:

:thumbs: -If you're living in CT by then maybe you can pack me in your suitcase :hehe:

LOL! Our move is being postponed slightly. We wanted to try to buy a home before I leave my job here in the city. But we are not eligible for an FHA loan (you know the low interest rate govt backed loans that are usually offered to first time homebuyers) because of an "unreasonable commuting distance" between where we'd like to buy and where I work. We're now trying to increase our downpayment considerably and applyfor a conventional mortgage. We continue to pray on it. We hope to be able to purchase our home in early 2007

Squitto -- You might think this is a stupid question....but....are you going with him for the first week or meeting him there for the second week.....does that make sense?

He's going one week before me and I'll be meeting him at the end of his first week. Yeah it makes sense :yes:

Awesome!! :dance: Have a wonderful time! Will you guys be staying for New Years too?

I will also be down for Christmas! I can't wait its not that far away. My second trip to JA for Christmas.

Hey Jax!! We're coming back on December 29th just before new years. We'll be spending our New years right here in NYC! That's so cool that you're going down as well. ;)

Good morning,

Thanks

Jamaica to US

Welcome ;)

well.....my grandma passes early this morning...and what makes me feel better is that she was not alone one of the nurses at the place she was at was sitting with her...so she is in a better place with the rest of her family that she has not seen in years....i know this is going to take time for me to understand this...today i just do not feel like working at all...i guess i just need to get myself through it!!!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Will keep you and your family in my prayers :luv:

He's going one week before me and I'll be meeting him at the end of his first week. Yeah it makes sense :yes:
I was just wondering....we are thinking on going down in March and I want Roy to stay longer than me -- don't know if he will be able to with work and everything....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning all-

We are experiencing rain and a slight storm (first time we had bad weather since Duane arrived). We lost power all night so it has been an experience.......I told him......"welcome to America!!!!" and we both layed in bed laughing!!!

So......my sister is still running high temps....we will see what happens today!!! :( I had to give the surgeon some good 'ol sister tongue lashing last night.....It sure changed his tune...... :whistle::whistle:

Welcome Jamus.....I am looking for the link to give you that actually shows the forms and gives you an example of a completed form....this helped me alot when I had to complete the AOS form.....I am sure they have one for the I-129F.......I will try to get that to you later today......you found the right place for help......this place has been amazing!!!!

Belly....yep....the lady is a nut...............I was going to get a lawyer before I found the "yardies family" and never needed one since I got GREAT information......sorry you had to experience that nonsense......

Squito...I am really excited for you!!! It sounds like and amazing trip.....I have never been during Christmas but I here that it is absolutely the BEST time to go to JA...I was there during Easter and the whole experience at Easter was amazing.......the kites and "buns and cheese"........so many events and carnivals...I can't even imagine how great Christmas would be......maybe next year for us!!

THANKS to ALL of you for your thoughts and support for my sister......I really appreciate it.......

Have a great Thursday!

Kim

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

So......my sister is still running high temps....we will see what happens today!!! :( I had to give the surgeon some good 'ol sister tongue lashing last night.....It sure changed his tune...... :whistle::whistle:
I've been thinking about you all night....you go girl!! Sometimes they need to be put in their place -- no matter who they are. She'll get stronger, she has to. Sending good thoughts your way..... (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

http://kingston.usembassy.gov/ is the link for the embassy's website and they have the email an phone numbers listed.

Ann

Thanks guys for all of your CORRECT info...I don't really know what's going on with the lady I was speaking with in regards to the process...she seems nice enough, and most of the info that she provided was true...When I sit and think 2 things come to mind: 1) She did NOT attend the interview with her SO, and 2) He WAS granted the visa...and yes, she is American...lives in Missouri...anyway like I said, I don't know why she said what she said, but I'm glad I have you guys...I asked her since when did these rules take into effect as I had talked to SEVERAL members on another site who were allowed and encouraged to attend the interview, however she has yet to respond to my inquiry, so.....with that being said, I don't think I'll be relying on her much more for any real info....

Can anybody give me the phone # and e-mail to the Embassy? I tried e-mailing them before, but they never responded...I'll try again...I want to see if they have scheduled us for an interview yet...Thanks!

Timeline

We'll be spending our New years right here in NYC!

I have us booked (for months now) at a hotel in New York City for New Years Eve (1 night)....hoping we'll be able to make it!!! I LOVE New York for New Years...it's just so much fun!!

Squitto, if we are able to make it, we should definitely link up !! Shauna that includes you and Mike too !!! I have a really good friend that lives up there (that is from Jamaica--a bunch of us were there 2 yrs ago celebrating). She showed us ALL around, we had a total Blast !!!

A good friend of mine that I've know for about 9 yrs (that's Jamaican)-- who lives really close to us, his wife introduced me to the VJ site last year...and when I searched and found this WONDERFUL link for the Yardie thread....it has been a HUGE HUGE help to me personally !!!!! So that makes me laugh ALOT that someone has the NERVE to say this site hasn't helped them!!!! Just blows my mind !

We're heading down to Virginia Beach (supposed to) this weekend for a soccer tournament, but the weather is supposed to be REALLY bad. NOT looking forward to that again this year, although Craig is TOTALLY pumped about seeing "a beach"!!!!

Kim, you know, my thoughts and prayers are with you girl !!! I'm happy that Duane is there to support you through this trying time. Showed Craig the website for the shirts, he wants one of EVERYthing !!!!

We're heading down to Virginia Beach (supposed to) this weekend for a soccer tournament, but the weather is supposed to be REALLY bad. NOT looking forward to that again this year, although Craig is TOTALLY pumped about seeing "a beach"!!!!

Do you think he's going to be disappointed? Roy loved the beach in San Diego but it was so much colder and much more (as he says) "frownsie" than Jamaica :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Okay, I've got a question ......Is there something about your fiancee/husband that ABSOLUTELY drives you nuts?

Roy doesn't eat the skin off apples but he doesn't peel them either. He takes a bite and in his mouth eats the apple part and spits out the skin. It's like nails on the chalkboard for me :lol::wacko:

I know we've talked about chicken bones in the past (Elizabeth :P )....this makes me more crazy.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.