6,588 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Yardie fam! Happy Hump Day. :D

All is well on the Squito front. Just checking in to say hello. Squito and I just booked tickets to go to Jamaica for Christmas. I can't wait! :dance:

Awesome :thumbs:

How long are you able to go for??? I am so jealous :P

Timeline

All is well on the Squito front. Just checking in to say hello. Squito and I just booked tickets to go to Jamaica for Christmas. I can't wait! :dance:

Congrats :thumbs:

Squito and I just booked tickets to go to Jamaica for Christmas. I can't wait! :dance:

I'm more jealous :crying:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

That is awesome. One of these days I will be there for Christmas.

What part will you go to and how long?

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes...this lady is nuts...... :wacko:

Kelly just had their interview in June....Duane and me in July....Shar in August and Tali in September......ALL of us attended with our fiances and were not denied entrance.....In fact, they asked each of us questions.......

She also gave you wrong info about going to paymaster and paying $40.00 for the Visa delivery.......You do not go to paymaster ......you go to Air pak and pay $8.00.................. :yes::yes::yes:

It seems that she is giving you some bad advice and I am not sure why......has she ever been on the yardies thread????? When was her interview? Maybe she was denied for other reasons...I would not listen to her.

As for my sister.....she is not doing well...she has fluid in her abdominal lining and it is infected!!!! She is on IV antibotics and if it does not clear up in the next day or so, they will need to go back and do another surgery to drain the fluid. Apparently, this is life threatening so we are taking turns going to the hospital and watching her around the clock..........

Shauna.......so sorry to hear about your grandma.......just know that she is now in peace and you will see her again someday!!! My prayers are with you and your family......I am sending a BIG hug your way!!!! (L)(L)(F)(F)

Squito......I am soooo jeoulous...................

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Questions:

What docs is required to get married in JA? Is the birth cert the only one? And once you do will I recv the temporary cert ASAP? If so how long will it take for me to recv the original? Will they mail it to me or my spouse?

Also is it true that I have to be in the country for at least 48 hrs after we get married?

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Timeline
well.....my grandma passes early this morning...and what makes me feel better is that she was not alone one of the nurses at the place she was at was sitting with her...so she is in a better place with the rest of her family that she has not seen in years....i know this is going to take time for me to understand this...today i just do not feel like working at all...i guess i just need to get myself through it!!!

Shuana my heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family (L) .

Squito and I just booked tickets to go to Jamaica for Christmas. I can't wait! :dance:

:thumbs: -If you're living in CT by then maybe you can pack me in your suitcase :hehe:

As for my sister.....she is not doing well...she has fluid in her abdominal lining and it is infected!!!! She is on IV antibotics and if it does not clear up in the next day or so, they will need to go back and do another surgery to drain the fluid. Apparently, this is life threatening so we are taking turns going to the hospital and watching her around the clock..........

My thoughts are with your family too Kim. I hope your sister responds to the antibotics and she doesn't have to go in for another surgery.

Questions:

What docs is required to get married in JA? Is the birth cert the only one? And once you do will I recv the temporary cert ASAP? If so how long will it take for me to recv the original? Will they mail it to me or my spouse?

Also is it true that I have to be in the country for at least 48 hrs after we get married?

Jamaica Marriage Requirements

The information below outlines the marriage requirements for getting married in Jamaica

Visitors can be married just 24 hour after arriving in Jamaica providing prior application has been made for a marriage license.To apply for your marriage license, call our Ministry of National Security at 1-876-906-4908 or visit the Ministry of National Security.

The cost of a license is four thousand Jamaican dollars (approximately US$75-US$80).

Unlike many countries, Jamaica does not expect you take a blood test before getting married. However, the following documentation is required:

* Proof of citizenship - certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father's name.

* Parent's written consent if under 18 years of age.

* Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce).

* Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower.

* Italian nationals celebrating their wedding in Jamaica must notify their embassy and a certified copy of their marriage certificate forwarded to their embassy to be legalized and translated.

* French Canadians need a notarised translated copy of all documents and a photocopy of the original French documents.

There are non-denominational Marriage Officers who can officiate either at their offices, in their homes or at a place chosen by the couple, and are able to provide witnesses. Marriage Officers charge anywhere from US$50 � US$250.

Registrars Offices

The registrar's office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination or beach wedding in Jamaica. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.

The Ministry of National Security

Mutual Life Building

2 Oxford Road,

Kingston 5

Jamaica

Tel: 876 906 4908

Office Hours: Monday to Thursday 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Friday from 9:00 A.M to 4:00 P.M.

Documentation for Obtaining a Marriage Licence

A marriage licence must be obtained from the Ministry of National Security. Let your wedding coordinator or marriage officer get this for you as it takes about four weeks. The following documents must be submitted when applying for the marriage licence:

1. The full names of the bride and the groom (first, middle and last names)

2. The full names of the mother and father of the bride and the groom (first, middle and last names)

3. The originals or certified copies of the Birth Certificates of the bride and the groom

4. The occupations of the bride and the groom

5. If either the bride or the groom has been married before, either death certificate of the deceased or the divorce papers (originals or certified copies)

7. Parents written consent of either bride or groom if under 21 years old.

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Timeline
Questions:

Sense I just got married in JA in August I can help you out Anna with these questions

Documents You and your fiance need a copy of your birth certificates and a drivers license id or any photo id will work. You must have these documents in 2 months in advance to the justice of the peace (the minster who is doing the ceremoney).

You will get the temporary certificate that day. Use that certificate in your I-130 form it is okay if you do that. When they need the orginal they will ask.

It will take 2 months to recieve your offical license with the raised seal. I am still waiting for mine. I should have next week.

Yes you must be in the country for 24 hours. It will help if you arrive at least 2 days in advance to make sure everything is straightened out.

The minster did our license, paper work, and ceremoney and charged us $250 dollars. All I did was fax my birth certificate and drivers licenses. Dwain went to the church and hand in his photo copies.

I would make sure though that your fiance starts the process of getting his passport because this takes 4 months in JA.

Anna if you have any more questions just PM and I will be glad to help.

Jax

Awesome!! :dance: Have a wonderful time! Will you guys be staying for New Years too?

I will also be down for Christmas! I can't wait its not that far away. My second trip to JA for Christmas.

well.....my grandma passes early this morning...and what makes me feel better is that she was not alone one of the nurses at the place she was at was sitting with her...so she is in a better place with the rest of her family that she has not seen in years....i know this is going to take time for me to understand this...today i just do not feel like working at all...i guess i just need to get myself through it!!!

kim i hope your sister is feeling better and that the Dr.s have figured it out!!! (F)

davis...yup it is Cham's song...i actually like part 2 better with Alisha Keys!

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Kim -- Roy and I will be sending good thoughts your way.....I know how rough this must be for you. Stay strong..... (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

Kim, Sorry to hear about your sister. Stay strong! That is great that your family is supporting her through this difficult time. Hugs and everything will turn bright soon. (F)

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

well.....my grandma passes early this morning...

I am so sorry about your loss :( I know how difficult it is - I lost both my maternal grandparents last year within 7 weeks of each other. I still miss them terribly but it gets easier with time. Hang in there.

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear this :huh: At least she is in the hospital and they are keeping a close watch on her. I'm sure she will pull through just fine.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Questions:

Anna,

Why all the questions all of a sudden? I thought you guys were going to do the K-1? Did you change your mind? We haven't heard much from you lately. Good luck with whatever route you choose to go :thumbs:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Thanks guys for all of your CORRECT info...I don't really know what's going on with the lady I was speaking with in regards to the process...she seems nice enough, and most of the info that she provided was true...When I sit and think 2 things come to mind: 1) She did NOT attend the interview with her SO, and 2) He WAS granted the visa...and yes, she is American...lives in Missouri...anyway like I said, I don't know why she said what she said, but I'm glad I have you guys...I asked her since when did these rules take into effect as I had talked to SEVERAL members on another site who were allowed and encouraged to attend the interview, however she has yet to respond to my inquiry, so.....with that being said, I don't think I'll be relying on her much more for any real info....

Can anybody give me the phone # and e-mail to the Embassy? I tried e-mailing them before, but they never responded...I'll try again...I want to see if they have scheduled us for an interview yet...Thanks!

Edited by Belly'sGirl

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Ok, so I was on the other forum again just browsing to see if the lady had responded to my inquiry..and she hadn't...but while I was looking, another forum member had informed everyone on the site that she had come across the VJ website and how great it was and thought others should check it out, and the lady responded with:

It didn't help me as much as I would've liked it to. Ended up finding out more info on my own.

She also went on to say that someone had recommended her to the site, but she found it basically useless to her....well naturally, I took offense, because I think this entire website has been one of the best things that I have ever found, and everyone in this forum has been extremely open and helpful...so I responded by just letting everyone know all the different kinds of helpful and useful information that could be found up here, how there was a network just for folx from the caribbean, and how everyone on the site has been helpful and how it is probably one of the best places to go if you want to know ANYTHING about the immigration process, before during, and after!! I really kinda think of this place as another family, and I'm actually surprised at how defensive I felt!!! Anyhoo, I'm off to work, so I'll talk to you later. Hope everyone has a nice day!!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.