Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Is this the song Baby Chams sings Ghetto Story? I need to get up to date with my Dancehall Music. :D

I need a trip to Jamaica :crying: !

i have 29 more days till the BIG day and 28 days till i see Mr. Mikey... :D:D:P mr. mikey it just reminds me of Cham's song...

Shauna-

I started to die laughing when I read this in your post......Last June when I was in Jamaica, I asked Duane to play the "Mr. Mikey" song.......he just stared at me with a puzzled look and then he started laughing hysterically......He said...."baby, the song says "ME SAY MIKEY"......and NOT Mr. Mikey"......oh well...I used to say "Bad man Flower....bad man pull up" so I guess I will never get it right...

it has been going on for 2 weeks...first she started refusing to eat and now it is just waiting...i know that sounds morbid but really that is what we are doing...yesterday she was responding to touch and people talking to her...today nothing just sleeping...it is really hard on my mom...she can't stand looking at her and not understanding why she isn't eating....and the lady at hospic explained it to us as her body just shutting down....

I am sooo sorry..I know how hard this must be for you and your family.....I will keep you in my prayers.....

:lol::lol: It was under his pillow. :luv: He said he just fell asleep and meant to put it on the nightstand. ;)

:lol::lol::lol: NO he didn't.........How freakin cute is that??????????? :P:P

:yes:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

she told me that they WOULD NOT allow me to go in with him...that I would have to wait at the door....she said that he has to show his passport and paperwork...but that the guards would prevent me from going any further....

Unless they've changed the rules in the last couple of weeks, this is completely UNTRUE! :no: It's basically just a large waiting room with a hallway leading off of it. In the hallway are various "windows" where the interviewers sit - picture a bank with the tellers sitting behind the glass. When they call your name you just walk up to window you're called to and talk to them through the glass. There is a little slot at the bottom to slide paperwork into. And like someone else on here said, most of the questions were directed at both of us or just myself (the US citizen). They encourage the US citizen to attend the interview - that's the best "proof of relationship" you can give them :yes: Try not to listen to all the different rumors you will hear.

Our interview, well I mean "my" interview....Craig wasn't asked ONE THING, oh wait, he asked who "I" was. Then he asked Craig to go sit down and "I" was interviewed. Unfortunately, our interview-er was a complete jack, you know what and obviously was having a BAD day !! When we 1st got to the window and he asked Craig to sign something and sign my name, we didn't have a pen and I asked if he had a pen we could borrow for a minute and he literally THREW his headset down and HUFFED and puffed away....came back and if the glass wasn't there, would have thrown the pen at us. The 2 of us just looked at each other in awe !!! I was given a REALLY hard time about our age difference and my income, but only because HE was reading all the paperwork incompletely!!! I own my own business, so therefore there's 2 separate income tax forms that he HAD to look at (which each year was stapled together AND the inportant information was highlighted--to help the interviewer find my information) and he insisted on ONLY looking at the 1st page!!!

GOOD LUCK and hopefully that guy still doesn't work there OR is having a better day !!!

Kim -- Hope all is well with your sister.....she'll be just fine (F)

Regarding the Interview Question.....

I think the greatest thing that VJ has done is allow us, the people with their SO in Jamaica to gather together and share experiences. Before we all found each other all you could do was listen to "other" peoples experiences from other countries. The information is not the same for every country or every Embassy. I think that if you have a question about something that has to do with Jamaica -- ask it here in this Forum and try not to listen <or take to heart> what other people on VJ <in other Forums> have to say about their Embassy experiences.

The greatest resource of information for Jamaica is right here -- it comes from the people who are experiencing it right now. That is the key -- RIGHT NOW. Some things have changed since Rhonda went through it....more things changed since I went through it.....things will change all the time. Here in the "Yardies" thread (hopefully) there will always be someone who just went through the experience you are interested in and can give you the most up to date information available. :thumbs:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well.....my grandma passes early this morning...and what makes me feel better is that she was not alone one of the nurses at the place she was at was sitting with her...so she is in a better place with the rest of her family that she has not seen in years....i know this is going to take time for me to understand this...today i just do not feel like working at all...i guess i just need to get myself through it!!!

kim i hope your sister is feeling better and that the Dr.s have figured it out!!! (F)

davis...yup it is Cham's song...i actually like part 2 better with Alisha Keys!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well.....my grandma passes early this morning...and what makes me feel better is that she was not alone one of the nurses at the place she was at was sitting with her...so she is in a better place with the rest of her family that she has not seen in years....i know this is going to take time for me to understand this...today i just do not feel like working at all...i guess i just need to get myself through it!!!

kim i hope your sister is feeling better and that the Dr.s have figured it out!!! (F)

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'll keep your family in my prayers (F)

I'm so sorry.....my condolences to you and your family (F)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nanny, sorry about the passing of your grandmother...but her suffering is now over, and that is a reason to be thankful...

As for my previous posts about not being able to go in to the interview w/ your fiance, here is the lady's response to my question (mind you she went a couple of months ago):

Nope. You can't even enter the embassy. He will be allowed with his appointment paper and his passport. He will have to show these to security just to get in. Then, he will have to go through metal detectors, join a line (ha! in Jamaica, imagine that) and show that person the same stuff just to get to the window he needs to get to. There's no "room" per se. He will be called to a window (or several) to explain stuff and for his actual interview. You will be stuck outside, on the streets of Kingston, waiting. I, too, had read of others who went with their finances. Those are old posts. Security concerns limit the number of people allowed in government buildings to JUST those needing to be there. You are not of any help to him in this interview. Thus, you are not allowed.

Also, he won't get the visa right away. After the interview, he will have to go to the paymaster and pay the $40 delivery fee. They will deliver it to him in roughly 4 business days. So, if you go and wait, take into account weekends.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Nanny, sorry about the passing of your grandmother...but her suffering is now over, and that is a reason to be thankful...

As for my previous posts about not being able to go in to the interview w/ your fiance, here is the lady's response to my question (mind you she went a couple of months ago):

Nope. You can't even enter the embassy. He will be allowed with his appointment paper and his passport. He will have to show these to security just to get in. Then, he will have to go through metal detectors, join a line (ha! in Jamaica, imagine that) and show that person the same stuff just to get to the window he needs to get to. There's no "room" per se. He will be called to a window (or several) to explain stuff and for his actual interview. You will be stuck outside, on the streets of Kingston, waiting. I, too, had read of others who went with their finances. Those are old posts. Security concerns limit the number of people allowed in government buildings to JUST those needing to be there. You are not of any help to him in this interview. Thus, you are not allowed.

Also, he won't get the visa right away. After the interview, he will have to go to the paymaster and pay the $40 delivery fee. They will deliver it to him in roughly 4 business days. So, if you go and wait, take into account weekends.

I'm confused. Was she at the interview and they wouldn't let her in?? People go the Embassy everyday without appointments....there's an information booth. So you can get in there. Like everyone said, the consular officers also ask the USC questions.

Not sure how to cut and paste post but Wynterstail posted an e-mail directly from the Embassy dated September 27th.

Timeline

Good Morning everyone!

Sorry to hear of your loss (F) I will be praying for your family (L)

Kim~ Hope your sis is doing better!

I'm confused. Was she at the interview and they wouldn't let her in?? People go the Embassy everyday without appointments....there's an information booth. So you can get in there. Like everyone said, the consular officers also ask the USC questions.

Not sure how to cut and paste post but Wynterstail posted an e-mail directly from the Embassy dated September 27th.

This is cut and pasted from another thread by wynterstail from September 27...directly from the embassy themselves...

For those who have asked about whether they need to attend interview, I just received the following email from the Embassy:

Hi again:

I forgot to address the last part of your e-mail. While it is not a requirement, it is always helpful if the petitioner (the U.S. citizen) is here for the visa interview.

Immigrant Visa Unit

American Embassy

Kingston, Jamaica

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

This e-mail is unclassified based on the definitions provided in E.O. 1295

Maybe the lady wasn't allowed in for a personal reason that she is not letting on about...who knows...All I know is that I have NEVER heard about someone not being allowed into the JA embassy.

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline

Was this other chic an AMERICAN ???? If you are an American citizen you have EVERY RIGHT to get into "OUR" American Embassy (at least the one in Kingston) for whatever reasons!!!!!! That other person is nuts.....did she get approved? Did she not go AT all? If she did go, why was "she" turned away??? Did she ever venture onto "our" Yardie thread???

Craig WOULD HAVE BEEN denied, there's no doubt, if "I" wasn't there!!!!!!! When the other Yardie folks that have already been there/done that, a year or so ago, keep in mind that things have changed soooooo much since then and "I" highly recommend that you attend at least for that day !!! Trust me, I know that finances may be the issue, but ....the possibility of having him go through it alone, by himself AND the scrutiny they will put him through (nowadays) with you not being there.....ugh........???

Shauna....I'll check in wit ya lata...a BIG hug goes out to ya !!!! (L)

She's WACKED :wacko:

Like Kelly said, just on the principle of the matter -- if you are a U.S. Citizen there is no way they can not let you in....I think that woman is dreaming!! Look at the e:mail from September 27...can it be any more clear. The Embassy is saying the American should be there.....

Who is this woman???

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.