Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just an FYI......my sister was re-hospitalized this morning......her temperature was a steady 103-104 and the doctor was afraid that the appendix fluid may be causing blood positioning or infection...... :o:o:huh::huh:

They are doing another CT scan later today and the surgeon "may" have to open her up again!!! :(

I will keep you posted so PLEAZ keep her in your thoughts and prayers.......

All the best for your sis

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok guys I'm in a panic...I was just talking with a lady on another forum who just completed the K-1 process about a 2 months ago...anyway, I was mentioning to her that I planned on going down to the Embassy for Gregory's interview when it's time, and she told me that they WOULD NOT allow me to go in with him...that I would have to wait at the door....she said that he has to show his passport and paperwork...but that the guards would prevent me from going any further....does anyone know if this is true?? I thought that I would be allowed to go in with him during the actual interview? I thought that that's what some of you said? I'm really confused, and I really need some answers...

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Timeline
Ok guys I'm in a panic...I was just talking with a lady on another forum who just completed the K-1 process about a 2 months ago...anyway, I was mentioning to her that I planned on going down to the Embassy for Gregory's interview when it's time, and she told me that they WOULD NOT allow me to go in with him...that I would have to wait at the door....she said that he has to show his passport and paperwork...but that the guards would prevent me from going any further....does anyone know if this is true?? I thought that I would be allowed to go in with him during the actual interview? I thought that that's what some of you said? I'm really confused, and I really need some answers...

Did she interview at the embassy in JA? I don't think anyone is this forum who interviewed at JA was separated or not allowed to go in together. If memory serves me right though I believe that one couple was interviewed separately but that was a long time ago. I believe everyone else went in together. I have heard of some embassies that don't allow the petitioner in; but that's not the case in JA unless it's a very recent development.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My heart (L) and thoughts go out to everyone who is experiencing family illness or loss.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok well she is SO wrong....Shar i think was the last one to have her interview there and her SO went with her i think...and everyone else who just had a interview Kim and Kelly both went in...i plan on going with Mike and why wouldn't they let me in...it is the American Embassy in JA....so i am not sure where she went but in JA they do..

thanks Michelle....it is a matter of hours...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:thumbs:

This is why you need to stick to the yardies thread for info........All embassies have different requirements and some embassies do not let let the American fiance in the building.....NOT the case in JA....In fact, they encourage and support ypour attendance since it gives them more validation of a "true" committed relationship.....Stay with us Yardies and you will never go wrong........... :thumbs:

They are trying to rule out something called "periotinitis"...It is an infection of the inside abdominal lining and can be life threatening...They would need to go back inside her and do another surgery if this is what is going on....... :(:( Not good news so I hope this gets better.....she is like a daughter to me since I raised her so I am worried like a worried Mommy now!!! :(:(

Do like Mindy and crazy glue yourself "shut" - as soon as she said she did that she got a mass of touches and an approval :lol:

Oh yes...Duane would LOVE that...he would be on the first plane back to JA if I cut him off...... :devil::innocent::devil::innocent:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Well, I feel a little better! Actually the lady that told me first started helping me with the process...her then-fiance (now husband) was from Jamaica as well...like I said, she is not too far removed from the process so I don't know...I will find out the details of what she is talking about and let you know what she said...

Edited by Belly'sGirl

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

thanks Michelle....it is a matter of hours...

I know how difficult it is to watch someone fade away. I lost my mom; she died at age 54; some time ago and it was heartbreaking to see her take her last breath. Thinking of the good times we had together brings me some solace.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had my interiew on August 8, my fiance came to the interview. No one stopped him from accompanying me, as amatter of fact almost all of the questions were directed to him .I was only asked 1or at most 2 questions.

Hope that helps.

shar

[

:

They are trying to rule out something called "periotinitis"...It is an infection of the inside abdominal lining and can be life threatening...They would need to go back inside her and do another surgery if this is what is going on....... :(:( Not good news so I hope this gets better.....she is like a daughter to me since I raised her so I am worried like a worried Mommy now!!! :(:(

So sorry to hear about your sis. I will keep her in my prayers.

Shar

Timeline

I had my interiew on August 8, my fiance came to the interview. No one stopped him from accompanying me, as amatter of fact almost all of the questions were directed to him .I was only asked 1or at most 2 questions.

Hope that helps.

That does help...if you remember the questions he was asked (and you too), could you post them? That would be great. I am compiling a "study sheet" for my fiance so that he can be as prepared as he can when the time comes! :thumbs:

shar

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline
Just an FYI......my sister was re-hospitalized this morning......her temperature was a steady 103-104 and the doctor was afraid that the appendix fluid may be causing blood positioning or infection...... :o:o:huh::huh:

They are doing another CT scan later today and the surgeon "may" have to open her up again!!! :(

I will keep you posted so PLEAZ keep her in your thoughts and prayers.......

I will keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers. (F)

I had my appendix taking out in 7th grade and they had just removed it in time. Then I was rehospitalized and everyone said I looked like death. They had not gotten out all the appendix fluid and I started to get gain green. I was reoperated on and was okay. I had lost 40 pounds at the time in 2 weeks. She will be very sore and weak and someone will have to wait on her hand and foot for a while. I missed 2 and half months of school due to the appendix. It also caused small intestint problems also. So I know what your sister is going through. I hope she doesn't end up with a big scare like mine on her belly.

May they find out the problem soon so she can have a speedy recovery. All the best and take care.

(F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Is this the song Baby Chams sings Ghetto Story? I need to get up to date with my Dancehall Music. :D

I need a trip to Jamaica :crying: !

i have 29 more days till the BIG day and 28 days till i see Mr. Mikey... :D:D:P mr. mikey it just reminds me of Cham's song...

Shauna-

I started to die laughing when I read this in your post......Last June when I was in Jamaica, I asked Duane to play the "Mr. Mikey" song.......he just stared at me with a puzzled look and then he started laughing hysterically......He said...."baby, the song says "ME SAY MIKEY"......and NOT Mr. Mikey"......oh well...I used to say "Bad man Flower....bad man pull up" so I guess I will never get it right...

it has been going on for 2 weeks...first she started refusing to eat and now it is just waiting...i know that sounds morbid but really that is what we are doing...yesterday she was responding to touch and people talking to her...today nothing just sleeping...it is really hard on my mom...she can't stand looking at her and not understanding why she isn't eating....and the lady at hospic explained it to us as her body just shutting down....

I am sooo sorry..I know how hard this must be for you and your family.....I will keep you in my prayers.....

:lol::lol: It was under his pillow. :luv: He said he just fell asleep and meant to put it on the nightstand. ;)

:lol::lol::lol: NO he didn't.........How freakin cute is that??????????? :P:P

..come on people....I want to be TOUCHED....... :lol::lol:
Then you gotta be like me and Mindy...play hard to get!! :lol::lol:

Hey Kim -- me and Elizabeth can teach you if you want :energetic:

Mindy, you are just too kinky :o:devil::P

Mindy, Oh my gosh, I thought your post said "touch" instead of "teach" :o:lol: I need to get my eyes checked :wacko:

she told me that they WOULD NOT allow me to go in with him...that I would have to wait at the door....she said that he has to show his passport and paperwork...but that the guards would prevent me from going any further....

Unless they've changed the rules in the last couple of weeks, this is completely UNTRUE! :no: It's basically just a large waiting room with a hallway leading off of it. In the hallway are various "windows" where the interviewers sit - picture a bank with the tellers sitting behind the glass. When they call your name you just walk up to window you're called to and talk to them through the glass. There is a little slot at the bottom to slide paperwork into. And like someone else on here said, most of the questions were directed at both of us or just myself (the US citizen). They encourage the US citizen to attend the interview - that's the best "proof of relationship" you can give them :yes: Try not to listen to all the different rumors you will hear.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

That does help...if you remember the questions he was asked (and you too), could you post them? That would be great. I am compiling a "study sheet" for my fiance so that he can be as prepared as he can when the time comes! :thumbs:

The questions were pretty basic. When did you meet? How/ where did you meet? How long have you known each other? How many times have you seen each other? Are either one of you married? Do you have kids? When are you getting married? When and how did you get engaged? Has the JA citizen ever been to the US? She noticed my engagement ring and commented on it. She also made Tony write my name on a piece of paper. We weren't prepared for this part and I had to whisper to him how to spell it correctly :blush: I think that's about it.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.