10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, I have some news...not necessarily good news, but not necessarily bad news either...Well, as I stated earlier this morning, Gregory & his mom rode to Kingston early this a.m. to drop off the DS-230, pick up his passport and try and get his police certificate...Well things DID NOT quite go as planned: While they were on their way to the Embassy this morning the driver HIT A MAN that had run out into the street (according to Gregory after talking to the guy, it was obvious that he was mentally ill). When they braked to keep from hitting the guy, the car behind them ran into them (not too much damage!) Anyway, by the time they got to the Embassy it was 10 minutes after 10, and the lady at the window informed him that the window closed at 10 am. :angry: She told him that he could leave it with someone orhe would have to come back tomorrow to drop it off. He told her that he was unable to drop it off because he had to work, but he asked if his mother could drop it off in the morning and she said YES!! His mom is staying in Kingston until Saturday so, she's supposed to go there tomorrow a.m. to drop it off. He left the papers to pick up his passport with his mom, as he had to go with the driver of the car to try and get it in some semblence of order so they could get back on the road... I talked to him a few minutes ago, and he let me know that she was able to pick up his passport. As for the police certificate, he said he was going back to get that next week, along with his marriage form. I don't know....At this point, I'm drained, irritated, and just want it all to be done! :(

So sorry to hear what happend...glad to hear everyone is well!!!

as far as everything else...i'm not laughing at you...but girl i think we have been there at one time or antoher...and for a lot of us we are still going throug it!!!!welcome to the crazy immigration world!!!!

you just need to stay strong and let the chips fall where they may...he will get things done and you will have your interview in no time!!! :D

as for me ladies i am going to bed...have to work early...nite

Edited by nannygirl82

DECEMBER 11 will be 2 years for me and Tony (L):dance:

So.....Where's the party going to be????

At your house! :lol::devil: I invited 300 of my closest friends!!

Is there a "cutoff" date for the AOS paperwork? Like WHEN do you **have** to process the paperwork??? We met the "requirements" to get married, but when is the question.

Technically, you are supposed to file the paperwork within the 90 day time frame also. But I think some people on here waited longer and it was not a problem. I would get the paperwork in the mail as soon as you can.

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Happy Friday!! :dance: :energetic: :dance:

Well, I have some news...not necessarily good news, but not necessarily bad news either..
I know it's easy for me to say but....try not to worry. Everything will work out in the end. One day soon you will be looking back on this wondering why you were so stressed and angry....believe me you will. I think it's happened to all of us.
DECEMBER 11 will be 2 years for me and Tony (L):dance:

So.....Where's the party going to be????

At your house! :lol::devil: I invited 300 of my closest friends!!

I can hardly wait!!! :lol: :lol:

Kelly -- Maybe you should post your question in the 'AOS Forum.' Personally, I have never seen anyone (on VJ) having problems for filing late....as long as you got married within the 90 days I think you will be okay. That being said, I don't think I would wait a year.... :no:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Timeline

I feel like I haven't been here forever. Just checking in to say hello! :D

Hi Mamma Squitto! How is life treating you and the Mr?

Happy Thursday everyone!

Love the artwork Kim :thumbs: and the website is great :yes:

(gasp) Jme's Back!!! Yay!! How are you sis?

Squito and I are doing well thanks. We're planning our relocation and just working. Thanks for asking. :D

yuh read wat it seh unda my 3 hearts???? :crying::crying:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yuh read wat it seh unda my 3 hearts???? :crying::crying:

That is toooooooo funny :jest::lol::dance:

ain't it tho :yes:

Heeyyyy :)

Hey chica! We're looking at homes in Bristol...that neighbors your town right?

Timeline

Kelly -- Maybe you should post your question in the 'AOS Forum.' Personally, I have never seen anyone (on VJ) having problems for filing late....as long as you got married within the 90 days I think you will be okay. That being said, I don't think I would wait a year.... :no:

Hey thanks .... I just went onto the AOS info and someone had posted almost the same question ....so I have some more info to go by. There were 2 people on there that didn't file until 2 months after!! We'll be sending our stuff by the middle of Oct....

Thanks!

Filed: Other Timeline
I asked this question a couple days ago, but noone responded.....so I'm just checking to see if anyone can give me any type of advice because I've searched and searched and couldn't find any answers....

Is there a "cutoff" date for the AOS paperwork? Like WHEN do you **have** to process the paperwork??? We met the "requirements" to get married, but when is the question.

Any help/advise is greatly appreciated !!

kelly

I called the USCIS because we filed a bout a month late. The man told me that there was no rush as long as we were married with in the 90 days, but to do it as soon as possible. I guess that dosen't really :blush: answer your question.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

I asked this question a couple days ago, but noone responded.....so I'm just checking to see if anyone can give me any type of advice because I've searched and searched and couldn't find any answers....

kelly

I called the USCIS because we filed a bout a month late. The man told me that there was no rush as long as we were married with in the 90 days, but to do it as soon as possible. I guess that dosen't really :blush: answer your question.

THANKS, that info works for me !!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Mamma Squitto! How is life treating you and the Mr?

Happy Thursday everyone!

Love the artwork Kim :thumbs: and the website is great :yes:

(gasp) Jme's Back!!! Yay!! How are you sis?

Squito and I are doing well thanks. We're planning our relocation and just working. Thanks for asking. :D

I am doing well! Thanks for the gasp :lol:

kelly

THANKS, that info works for me !!

One thing I vaguely remember is that if you don't turn in your AOS paperwork by the deadline you will start accumulating "out of status" days. If you are out of status at all then you can't leave the country even on AP until your AOS is approved. Did that make sense?

Filed: Timeline

:D I am so impressed with Duane's artwork. Both of you make a great team.

Happy Wednesday!!! (Well.....I guess better late than never... :whistle: )

Been working ALL day on making Duane's website....I finally finished about 10 minutes ago........ :wacko:

I swear I thought I was going to kill him or divorce him today <_<:rolleyes: He was sitting behind me telling me what I needed to do and how to do it...I almost threw the computer at him!!! :P:whistle::wacko:

Anyhow......check it out if you have a chance and tell us what you think...we are hoping to get some hits and sales soon!!!!! Also...Duane named the website and you are going die when you hear what he named it!!

He named is "Embassy Art"........ :yes::yes::yes: How cute........

The website is: www.embassyart.homestead.com

Have a good night

Oh no thats awful! I am glad to hear that everyone is ok.

Ah well...this is par for the course in Jamaica...thank God no one was killed; pray for the best--it'll soon be done.

Ann

Well, I have some news...not necessarily good news, but not necessarily bad news either...Well, as I stated earlier this morning, Gregory & his mom rode to Kingston early this a.m. to drop off the DS-230, pick up his passport and try and get his police certificate...Well things DID NOT quite go as planned: While they were on their way to the Embassy this morning the driver HIT A MAN that had run out into the street (according to Gregory after talking to the guy, it was obvious that he was mentally ill). When they braked to keep from hitting the guy, the car behind them ran into them (not too much damage!) Anyway, by the time they got to the Embassy it was 10 minutes after 10, and the lady at the window informed him that the window closed at 10 am. :angry: She told him that he could leave it with someone orhe would have to come back tomorrow to drop it off. He told her that he was unable to drop it off because he had to work, but he asked if his mother could drop it off in the morning and she said YES!! His mom is staying in Kingston until Saturday so, she's supposed to go there tomorrow a.m. to drop it off. He left the papers to pick up his passport with his mom, as he had to go with the driver of the car to try and get it in some semblence of order so they could get back on the road... I talked to him a few minutes ago, and he let me know that she was able to pick up his passport. As for the police certificate, he said he was going back to get that next week, along with his marriage form. I don't know....At this point, I'm drained, irritated, and just want it all to be done! :(

Oh my goodness it is way too quiet in here lately :unsure: I had nothing to read today at work :crying: You guys need to chat some more.

Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow (Sun.) so I'll at least have one day out of this place! My last day off was Sept. 17 :ranting: Unfortunately it's supposed to rain all day today and it's only like 50 degrees outside :( I'm not ready for cold weather yet!!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh my goodness it is way too quiet in here lately :unsure: I had nothing to read today at work :crying: You guys need to chat some more.

Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow (Sun.) so I'll at least have one day out of this place! My last day off was Sept. 17 :ranting: Unfortunately it's supposed to rain all day today and it's only like 50 degrees outside :( I'm not ready for cold weather yet!!!

WOW...that is a long stretch to work!!! i hate working that long without any time off!!

it is very cold here as well...i left my windows open last night...and it was FREEZING this morning....not sure how mike will get used to the cold weather... :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WOW...that is a long stretch to work!!! i hate working that long without any time off!!

it is very cold here as well...i left my windows open last night...and it was FREEZING this morning....not sure how mike will get used to the cold weather... :wacko:

I can't imagine working that long and never getting a break! My goodness enjoy your Sunday. What are you going to do with your day off? ??Relax?? It is cold here and my house is like only 60 degrees brrr. Sunday is suppose to be nice here for the Bears Game thank goodness no rain is in the forecast. :luv:

I love Duane's Art Work!! :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

FYI....for you Chicago/Midwest people.....Beres Hammond is coming to the House of Blues on Sunday, January 14th.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.