Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Called for an appointment today for Bert. It took over 2 hours to get through, maybe because it is Monday.

She said to bring 4 pictures, completed medical form, appointment letter, passport, immunization record, $80 US for medical and $7000J for shots. NO specific time was given for appointment just go between 7:30 and 1.

oopps...almost forgot to tell mike to bring all that sutff :o:o ....his mom called and got a appointment for the 9th of october...not sure where he said...then she called kingston and the gave a time for the 22nd of October....i don't think so....so she will call tomorow for mobay...i will just be glad when this is all DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Called for an appointment today for Bert. It took over 2 hours to get through, maybe because it is Monday.

She said to bring 4 pictures, completed medical form, appointment letter, passport, immunization record, $80 US for medical and $7000J for shots. NO specific time was given for appointment just go between 7:30 and 1.

oopps...almost forgot to tell mike to bring all that sutff :o:o ....his mom called and got a appointment for the 9th of october...not sure where he said...then she called kingston and the gave a time for the 22nd of October....i don't think so....so she will call tomorow for mobay...i will just be glad when this is all DONE!!!

The girl I talked to was really nice. I told her the interview was on the 27th and she gave me the 13th which is 2 weeks so I was happy with that.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

The girl I talked to was really nice. I told her the interview was on the 27th and she gave me the 13th which is 2 weeks so I was happy with that.

2 weeks is good!!!! it should be there!!!

bellys girl - thisis what u need to bring

1 passport

2.appointment letter

3 4 pp pictures

4 immunization card

5 completed medical history form from pac 3

i u dont have ot go to kingston it can be done in montego bay it cost $95 usd for medical an u need to bring $8000 ja incase u nedd addational shots......i hope he has had chicken pox b4 (dat shot was costly)

i got there at 8 30 an left by about 12:00 ( however go planning to spend longer) as to wat they did first i got chest x ray then, they took blood, then they weighed an measured my height, then came the shots one in each arm, then finally a simle physical with the doc he looked in my ear litened to my hear lungs an stuff an the felt for ne in my stomach an dat was it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Goodnight all.

Oh and Rhonda good day! This is your time of the day.. I don't know how u do it you are so strong. I hope work goes fast for u tonigh and into the morning. :yes::whistle:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Oh and Rhonda good day! This is your time of the day.. I don't know how u do it you are so strong. I hope work goes fast for u tonigh and into the morning. :yes::whistle:

Thanks :star: I'm trying to hang in there. Working 7 days a week is killing me though :crying: It's not easy on the love life either (L):(

(((((Rhonda))))) are you out there? :P

I just missed you. I am here from 10pm - 6:30am. I check VJ once or twice a night. If you're on you can always e-mail me - I check that more often - and I'll come in and chat :yes:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
bellys girl - thisis what u need to bring

1 passport

2.appointment letter

3 4 pp pictures

4 immunization card

5 completed medical history form from pac 3

i u dont have ot go to kingston it can be done in montego bay it cost $95 usd for medical an u need to bring $8000 ja incase u nedd addational shots......i hope he has had chicken pox b4 (dat shot was costly)

i got there at 8 30 an left by about 12:00 ( however go planning to spend longer) as to wat they did first i got chest x ray then, they took blood, then they weighed an measured my height, then came the shots one in each arm, then finally a simle physical with the doc he looked in my ear litened to my hear lungs an stuff an the felt for ne in my stomach an dat was it.

Thanks for the info! :thumbs: Now another question I have for you "old heads" ( :P ), how soon in advance should he get the medical done? Should he get it done even b4 he gets the interview date, or should he wait until he receives the interview date, and THEN go to get it done?

And one more thing, Gregory wants to know if there is a specific window or place he is supposed to go to to drop of the DS-230? Are there specific signs that say something about K-1 visa or something? :unsure:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Thanks for the info! :thumbs: Now another question I have for you "old heads" ( :P ), how soon in advance should he get the medical done? Should he get it done even b4 he gets the interview date, or should he wait until he receives the interview date, and THEN go to get it done?

And one more thing, Gregory wants to know if there is a specific window or place he is supposed to go to to drop of the DS-230? Are there specific signs that say something about K-1 visa or something? :unsure:

ok he needs to wait till he wait till he gets his interview done..because then in order for him to get his medical he needs packet #4 which has is interview date to get his medical....he should TRY to get a medical date at least 2 weeks before interv iew to make sure it is there for the interview...

about dropping off the ds-230 not sure..mike took and told the guard what he needed to do and he told him where to go so that is all he needs to do!!!

:D good morning ladies!!!! :D

i had the strangest dream last night.......i was at this place looking for a place to get married at and the lady was looking through their calander and she said ok we have December 15th open a Friday...and i said ok perfect...so when i woke up this morning and looked on the calander december 15th really is a friday....so strange.... :huh:

Happy Tuesday!!!

Now another question I have for you "old heads" ( :P ), how soon in advance should he get the medical done? Should he get it done even b4 he gets the interview date, or should he wait until he receives the interview date, and THEN go to get it done?[/color] And one more thing, Gregory wants to know if there is a specific window or place he is supposed to go to to drop of the DS-230? Are there specific signs that say something about K-1 visa or something? :unsure:

He needs to get to the "Information Window" on the 2nd floor. They will direct him where to go.....then he just sits in that horrible "chair line"

Regarding the medical -- they will not give you an appointment any more than two weeks before your interview and you MUST have the 'Interview Letter' to present at the medical.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Dee - :lol: Maybe you should make an infopass appointment then write to letter to your congressman's office. Good luck.
Good idea. I'll check into it.

Dee -- I too think you should do this. Maybe that way you can get some information to help decide what to do next. It will take some time but it might be worth it.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

SAVANAHPHIL -- I found this in another forum....posted it there for you....

Are all adjustment of status applicants required to have a medical examination?

Most applicants for adjustment of status are required to have a medical examination. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by the USCIS. The examination must be documented using Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.

EXCEPTIONS:

2. Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

I can't believe nobody has been on here all day.....we really need Rhonda to get off the night shift :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.