that_girl

November 2009 filers

2,457 posts in this topic

ugh, my international driving licence (which is a translation of my frnech driving licence) wasn't enough for them, they want an original french translation >.<, where am I gonna find a stupid french translator here now >.<

I'd offer, but I don't think I count as 'official' ;)

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I'd offer, but I don't think I count as 'official' ;)

I wish >< . Drue told the lady he could get me a translator certificate in 24 hours via the web, so I could certify my own translation :devil: , but the lady was smart, and said I they wouldn't accept that :angry:

K1 Journey : Total length (from filing I-129F till Visa in hand) : 190 days (~6.3 month)

NOA1 issued : 11 - 09 - 2009 (6 days)

NOA2 issued : 02 - 26 - 2010 (109 days) (OMG!!!! was about time)

Interview date : 05 - 12 - 2010 (75 days) Approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~ Happily Married on June 5th 2010 ~~~

AoS / EAD Journey : Total length (from filing I-485 / I-765 till Green Card in hand) : 115 days (~3.8 month)

I-485 / I-765 sent : 06 - 21 - 2010

NOA1 for AoS & EAD : 07 - 02 - 2010 (11 days)

Biometrics walk-in : 08 -02 - 2010 (was scheduled for 08 - 20 - 2010) (31 days)

EAD card received : 09 - 06 - 2010 (17 days)

Green-Card received : 11 - 01 - 2010 (56 days)

~~~ Done with USCIS till October 20th 2012 ~~~

Lifting of Conditions (I-751) Journey :

I-751 sent : 09 - 25 - 2012

NOA1 received : 10 - 05 - 2012 (10 days)

Biometrics appointment : 10 - 26 - 2012 (21 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

HEISABLE....YOU DID IT!!!! All those months of waiting and you're finally there. Congratulations you must feel fantastic :)

Mrs. Dog, quick Brit question for you - did you ship much stuff and if so who did you use?

Gonna post in t'other forum about this but Parcel Monkey quoted me £200 for a single box!! Admittedly a v heavy box but still struck me as a bit rude...

Been at home with the parentals this week going through my stuff in the attic deciding what to take and what not to take...quite tough, as because my parents are separating what I leave behind may not be kept :( it was a good trip down memory lane though and I'm quite a sentimental soul so I'm keeping all my hundreds of photos - even if they make up most of the weight!! My 'my first haircut' certificate with a lock of my hair from Feb 85 was a particular highlight...

Oh and thought you'd like to see a pic of the dress I've bought for me and Jason's blessing here in the UK on August 21st...it's SO girly it practically needs a health warning :D

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/Pyg65Gepu4v6j5fpqEb8MgYi2bGZ7yD3GnjOa50Rsus?feat=directlink

Hope you're all good lovelies!!

yup i did and now visa in hand...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wish >< . Drue told the lady he could get me a translator certificate in 24 hours via the web, so I could certify my own translation :devil: , but the lady was smart, and said I they wouldn't accept that :angry:

I cannot stand hearing this! The driving place told me that we have to take a test to get a licence in SC, but said they weren't sure and to call the "international office in Rock Hill, SC, whose phone service just tells you to leave a message and they will call you back. Well, 7 days have passed and I'm still waiting for the call back! Can't stand it!

I went to get my SSN number last week. Went into the place, was told it would be a 2 hour wait, at least, no seat free! Couldn't face it, so I left! I live 30 miles from this SSN office, will have to steel myself to try again next week. And Mr Dog has to take the day off work to drive me, cos I can't drive myself as no licence, and it's $120 for a taxi there and back, no buses. Aargh!

Timeline

Just Crissie left (I think) from our gang now to get through! Happy Sunday everyone x

...and me. :o(

Still in AP and i'll have to watch the 'scheduled' date of the wedding pass from 3.5k miles away. :cry:

1990(-ish): Family Holiday to FL. Met Nicole & family.

1990(-ish) - 1992(-ish): A few return visits

08-09/2007: Go back to FL. Meet with 'the folks' & Accept that we both 'like' each other & start dating.

02/2008 - Present: ...go back to FL again a few times.

09/2009: Propose and she says 'Yes'! :D

11/06/2009: I-129F posted to VSC

11/07/2009: I-129F received at VSC

11/09/2009: NOA1

11/13/2009: Touch

12/2009: ...back to FL once again

03/08/2010: Touch & NOA2 (119 Days)

03/11/2010: NVC have my case

03/12/2010: NVC incorrectly assigned & dispatched case to Dublin, not London!

03/18/2010: Package arrived in Dublin

03/19/2010: Ring Dublin and get case transferred to London

04/01/2010: London Sent 'P3'

04/03/2010: I Received 'P3'

04/14/2010: 'P3' sent back to embassy

04/16/2010: 'P3' recieved at embassy

04/29/2010: Medical - Passed

06/17/2010: Interview - In AP (220 Days)

08/17/2010: AP Finished - Approved

event.png

event.png

Embassy interview on Wednesday. My fiance is soooo nervous. eep!

11/10/09 - K1 NOA1 date
4/22/10 - NOA2 mailed
7/21/10 - interview
8/27/10 - arrival in US
9/4/10 - wedding
10/2/10 - sent off AoS pack
12/27/10 - GC interview (approved)
10/09/12 - mailed application I-751
10/11/12 - NOA for I-175

4/23/13 - I-175 approved

Still in AP and i'll have to watch the 'scheduled' date of the wedding pass from 3.5k miles away. :cry:

My heart really goes out to you and your fiancee. I hope you hear something soon.

Edited by Crissie

11/10/09 - K1 NOA1 date
4/22/10 - NOA2 mailed
7/21/10 - interview
8/27/10 - arrival in US
9/4/10 - wedding
10/2/10 - sent off AoS pack
12/27/10 - GC interview (approved)
10/09/12 - mailed application I-751
10/11/12 - NOA for I-175

4/23/13 - I-175 approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

THANK YOU ALL..IF I GET MY VISA ON FRIDAY AND GET A SIT IN THE PLANE SUNDAY..I WILL BE LANIDING IN JFK MONDAY MORNING...feeling so great... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hooray! Are you here now, heisable?

Hello my friends ! :)

Congratulations, everyone !

AND ! We got married ! We are married ! (L)

New York City was a fairytale ! :luv:

Congrats! How lovely!

I hope you hear something soon. This is just silly. All our best wishes going out to you!

Hello everyone,

I finally did it. Me and Jum were married over the weekend. Here are 2 of the many many many pictures. Enjoy... :D

Congrats! What lovely pictures! You two look so happy and wonderful together.

Good luck! It's going to go fine, and we can't wait to hear the good news!

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

writing from my baby's pc now..journey was hectic because i had to do a stopover at doha for 8 ###### hours and did another bus ride from ny down to providence..but so happy to see her...loving it....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I cannot stand hearing this! The driving place told me that we have to take a test to get a licence in SC, but said they weren't sure and to call the "international office in Rock Hill, SC, whose phone service just tells you to leave a message and they will call you back. Well, 7 days have passed and I'm still waiting for the call back! Can't stand it!

I went to get my SSN number last week. Went into the place, was told it would be a 2 hour wait, at least, no seat free! Couldn't face it, so I left! I live 30 miles from this SSN office, will have to steel myself to try again next week. And Mr Dog has to take the day off work to drive me, cos I can't drive myself as no licence, and it's $120 for a taxi there and back, no buses. Aargh!

Unfortunately, the UK citizen have to take a test, cos you drive on the wrong way lol. Fot the SSN, it really sucks ... If you want, try to go to the SSN of Laurens, they kinda know about the K1 visa, cos I've been there lol.

I hope you get something soon :(

Hello everyone,

I finally did it. Me and Jum were married over the weekend. Here are 2 of the many many many pictures. Enjoy... :D

Lovely pictures :luv: wishing you all the happiness in life.

Good Luck for your fiance's interview :thumbs:

writing from my baby's pc now..journey was hectic because i had to do a stopover at doha for 8 ###### hours and did another bus ride from ny down to providence..but so happy to see her...loving it....

Welcome to America :)

Just bought my car yesterday :dance:, a Ford Explorer, big enough for the Doggies and to go up to NH for the August wedding, but it's in my hubby's name now (he loves it, and takes it to work now instead of his car :angry:, na it's fine with me, I'll make him pay me for driving it lol :devil:, jk jk ;)) cos I don't have my US driving license yet, stupid DMV, I'm still looking for a french translator ...

K1 Journey : Total length (from filing I-129F till Visa in hand) : 190 days (~6.3 month)

NOA1 issued : 11 - 09 - 2009 (6 days)

NOA2 issued : 02 - 26 - 2010 (109 days) (OMG!!!! was about time)

Interview date : 05 - 12 - 2010 (75 days) Approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~ Happily Married on June 5th 2010 ~~~

AoS / EAD Journey : Total length (from filing I-485 / I-765 till Green Card in hand) : 115 days (~3.8 month)

I-485 / I-765 sent : 06 - 21 - 2010

NOA1 for AoS & EAD : 07 - 02 - 2010 (11 days)

Biometrics walk-in : 08 -02 - 2010 (was scheduled for 08 - 20 - 2010) (31 days)

EAD card received : 09 - 06 - 2010 (17 days)

Green-Card received : 11 - 01 - 2010 (56 days)

~~~ Done with USCIS till October 20th 2012 ~~~

Lifting of Conditions (I-751) Journey :

I-751 sent : 09 - 25 - 2012

NOA1 received : 10 - 05 - 2012 (10 days)

Biometrics appointment : 10 - 26 - 2012 (21 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just bought my car yesterday :dance:, a Ford Explorer, big enough for the Doggies and to go up to NH for the August wedding, but it's in my hubby's name now (he loves it, and takes it to work now instead of his car :angry:, na it's fine with me, I'll make him pay me for driving it lol :devil:, jk jk ;)) cos I don't have my US driving license yet, stupid DMV, I'm still looking for a french translator ...

You don't need a US Drivers license to drive in America. In most states you can drive using your French drivers license for up to 1 year. South Carolina allows 5 years...

"(6) A citizen of a foreign jurisdiction whose licensing procedure is at least as strict as South Carolina's, as determined by the Department of Motor Vehicles, who is at least eighteen years of age, who is employed in South Carolina, and who has a valid driver's license issued by that jurisdiction may drive in this State for five years if the foreign jurisdiction provides a reciprocal arrangement for South Carolina residents. The provisions of this item also shall apply to the dependents of foreign nationals who qualify under this section."

So go ahead and have fun driving your car around.

Timeline

You don't need a US Drivers license to drive in America. In most states you can drive using your French drivers license for up to 1 year. South Carolina allows 5 years...

"(6) A citizen of a foreign jurisdiction whose licensing procedure is at least as strict as South Carolina's, as determined by the Department of Motor Vehicles, who is at least eighteen years of age, who is employed in South Carolina, and who has a valid driver's license issued by that jurisdiction may drive in this State for five years if the foreign jurisdiction provides a reciprocal arrangement for South Carolina residents. The provisions of this item also shall apply to the dependents of foreign nationals who qualify under this section."

So go ahead and have fun driving your car around.

Oh what a helpful, knowledgeable young man you are! THANK YOU! You are more knowledgeable than the people who work at SC Dept of Motor Vehicles!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.