that_girl

November 2009 filers

2,457 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Oh Mrs.D I think we will miss each other by a whisker !Mine is US Airways and landing exactly 12 minutes after your's.But hopefully I can spot you there.You have got to be the tallest beautiful woman there,right? :yes:

I think South Carolina will have to just to make do with you and Naddy for now.I am going to the other Carolina,North!

But hell,we will be closer!

I almost forgot what I came here for posting.I got my passport in hand today,about 10 minutes back.God,I can actually touch my visa ;) ,mmm raunchy!

:rofl:

Oh geez, you crack me up!

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh Mrs.D I think we will miss each other by a whisker !Mine is US Airways and landing exactly 12 minutes after your's.But hopefully I can spot you there.You have got to be the tallest beautiful woman there,right? :yes:

I think South Carolina will have to just to make do with you and Naddy for now.I am going to the other Carolina,North!

But hell,we will be closer!

I almost forgot what I came here for posting.I got my passport in hand today,about 10 minutes back.God,I can actually touch my visa ;) ,mmm raunchy!

Oh you will miss Mrs D by a whisker!! Too bad for ya'all but good new for the airlines industry 'cause you two would've burn that sucka down!!! :help:

For me, Lady HnddA, who's not be confussed with Lady Gaga and who's not blessed with a lot of sense of humma, has some lose ends to tie in Cario so I may have to make a trip over there within the next 10 days to help here out... So, being a ture Africa-American warrior(born in Africa but raised in America), I am getting ready to invade the Egytian Empire and whisk my queen out in a Tojan Horse (F) The quencequence if I get caught in the battle as a POW, I know I will be subjected to one hundred Shisha puffs and a gallon of raw camel milk (off a camel's breast :o ) :P , because these are not covered by the Genve Convention :bonk: . But I am ready to do ANHYTHING for my queen... (L)(L)(L)

Wish me luck and I will check with the family periodically. Finally, welcome you all to AMERICA!!!

HandA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh you will miss Mrs D by a whisker!! Too bad for ya'all but good new for the airlines industry 'cause you two would've burn that sucka down!!! :help:

For me, Lady HnddA, who's not be confussed with Lady Gaga and who's not blessed with a lot of sense of humma, has some lose ends to tie in Cario so I may have to make a trip over there within the next 10 days to help here out... So, being a ture Africa-American warrior(born in Africa but raised in America), I am getting ready to invade the Egytian Empire and whisk my queen out in a Tojan Horse (F) The quencequence if I get caught in the battle as a POW, I know I will be subjected to one hundred Shisha puffs and a gallon of raw camel milk (off a camel's breast :o ) :P , because these are not covered by the Genve Convention :bonk: . But I am ready to do ANHYTHING for my queen... (L) (L) (L)

Wish me luck and I will check with the family periodically. Finally, welcome you all to AMERICA!!!

HandA

Mr HandA - You are wild as the hills! :rofl: Our spiritual leader - We will miss you! Don't get on the wrong side of the camels! Mrs HandA and her loose ends. I know the feeling. I've got more loose ends than I've got rope to tie them.

Anwesha - Finally, you have the visa in your hand! I'm still waiting for mine. As always, London is the slowest donkey at everything. I will look out for you at CLT. And for all of us still to travel - is that Icelandic volcano finished spewing its guts yet? I hate to think any of us could be scuppered if it's still "active". Last I heard it could be erupting for 3 years, and even last week all flights from Scotland were cancelled again for a couple of days cos of it. Does anyone know the latest?

Timeline

And for all of us still to travel - is that Icelandic volcano finished spewing its guts yet? I hate to think any of us could be scuppered if it's still "active". Last I heard it could be erupting for 3 years, and even last week all flights from Scotland were cancelled again for a couple of days cos of it. Does anyone know the latest?

Last update was that it was only spewing out steam and was no risk (for now). As for it spewing out ash again... i guess it depends on what mood it's in. ;)

1990(-ish): Family Holiday to FL. Met Nicole & family.

1990(-ish) - 1992(-ish): A few return visits

08-09/2007: Go back to FL. Meet with 'the folks' & Accept that we both 'like' each other & start dating.

02/2008 - Present: ...go back to FL again a few times.

09/2009: Propose and she says 'Yes'! :D

11/06/2009: I-129F posted to VSC

11/07/2009: I-129F received at VSC

11/09/2009: NOA1

11/13/2009: Touch

12/2009: ...back to FL once again

03/08/2010: Touch & NOA2 (119 Days)

03/11/2010: NVC have my case

03/12/2010: NVC incorrectly assigned & dispatched case to Dublin, not London!

03/18/2010: Package arrived in Dublin

03/19/2010: Ring Dublin and get case transferred to London

04/01/2010: London Sent 'P3'

04/03/2010: I Received 'P3'

04/14/2010: 'P3' sent back to embassy

04/16/2010: 'P3' recieved at embassy

04/29/2010: Medical - Passed

06/17/2010: Interview - In AP (220 Days)

08/17/2010: AP Finished - Approved

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got back May 24th with Fiancee. Things are going great. We are planning on getting married in June. I guess I'll be moving to the AOS forum now. Hope everyone else is doing well. :D

I-129f
11-03-2009 I-129F Sent out to VSC via USPS.
11-17-09 Check Cashed.
11-23-2009 NOA-1 Hard copy received.
2-26-2010 NOA-2 on USCIS Dashboard.
03-02-2010 NVC recieved our petition.
03-08-2010 NOA-2 hard copy received
03-08-2010 Snail mail notice from NVC
03-14-2010 Called Manila Embassy and scheduled interview.
03-15-2010 Fiancee going to apply for JP police certificate(race to get before interview).
4-6-2010 Fiancee went for first day at St. Lukes medical (please no sputum test).
4-7-2010 Medical complete all was successful. :D
4-20-2010 Police certificate received.
04-29-2010 Approved!!!
05-5-2010 Visa delivered.
05-7-2010 Cfo seminar complete/sticker received.
05-24-2010 POE Detroit. :D
06-08-2010 Married. :D

AOS
07-27-2010 Packet sent USPS.
08-08-2010 NOA1 I-485,I-765 arrive via usps.
09-?-? Forget the date but EAD and Interview notice received.
10-19-2010 Interview scheduled.
10-19-2010 AOS approved. :D
10-28-2010 Green Card received. :D (nothing to do but live for 2 years :D)

I-751
10-01-2012 Packet sent USPS.

Citizenship oath taken:. 2014-07-18

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

:rofl:

Oh geez, you crack me up!

Just being amidst true talent,some of you guy's funny genius must have surely rubbed off ! And Ewan did get his biometrics appointment pretty soon,that's great! So after that is the AOS interview the next step that remains?Also,one other thing,I have a ssn already,and I do intend on changing my name after marriage,so I will have to make another trip to the SSA office right?I mean,will I retain the number and just get a new card?Any help Megan,since you are the true American girl here :whistle:

For me, Lady HnddA, who's not be confussed with Lady Gaga and who's not blessed with a lot of sense of humma, has some lose ends to tie in Cario so I may have to make a trip over there within the next 10 days to help here out... So, being a ture Africa-American warrior(born in Africa but raised in America), I am getting ready to invade the Egytian Empire and whisk my queen out in a Tojan Horse (F) The quencequence if I get caught in the battle as a POW, I know I will be subjected to one hundred Shisha puffs and a gallon of raw camel milk (off a camel's breast :o ) :P , because these are not covered by the Genve Convention :bonk: . But I am ready to do ANHYTHING for my queen... (L)(L)(L)

HandA

Good Luck getting your lady HandA! I wish both of you luck and your description made me remember 'Buffalo soldier'.You sound like and must look like a true hero.Good luck getting your lady Stateside! :thumbs:

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Timeline

Just being amidst true talent,some of you guy's funny genius must have surely rubbed off ! And Ewan did get his biometrics appointment pretty soon,that's great! So after that is the AOS interview the next step that remains?Also,one other thing,I have a ssn already,and I do intend on changing my name after marriage,so I will have to make another trip to the SSA office right?I mean,will I retain the number and just get a new card?Any help Megan,since you are the true American girl here :whistle:

Yeah, from what I can tell, you can get a card after you've been in the US two weeks. Then, after the marriage, go back with the marriage certificate to get a new card (same number) in your married name. THEN, after EAD, you go get ANOTHER one that doesn't have the "Valid for work with DHS approval" restriction on it. By the end of this nonsense, the SSA people know you by name, I suppose!

From what I can tell, after we do the biometrics (June 10, the same day our lovely Miss Jess has her interview!) we can expect the EAD and AP within 4-6 weeks. Many K-1 AOS people are approved for the green card without an interview (I suppose because you prove the validity of your relationship at the visa interview) so hopefully that will happen to us, but honestly, I'm expecting an RFE for for proof of my citizenship, and the vaccinations (there is much debate about what to send for this, as the mystery POE envelopes have a way of not reuniting with the files at USCIS, and they are not super clear about whether the DS-3025 is sufficient proof of vaccinations, etc. Hopefully I'll be a guinea pig for this; I'll def. let you all know what happens). :bonk: Hopefully it's smooth and quick, because I'm getting a little jealous of my sweetie staying home to listen to cricket all day while I go off to be the breadwinner!

Edited by that_girl

I-129F

AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

LOL so funny :)

You were lucky then because there's a special program from National Geographic about the K-1 Visa and they mention that sometimes we can wait for 3 hours. OMG! I'll be tired when I get there and hopefully by the morning there's just a few people at the airport. :)

Timeline

Yeah, from what I can tell, you can get a card after you've been in the US two weeks. Then, after the marriage, go back with the marriage certificate to get a new card (same number) in your married name. THEN, after EAD, you go get ANOTHER one that doesn't have the "Valid for work with DHS approval" restriction on it. By the end of this nonsense, the SSA people know you by name, I suppose!

From what I can tell, after we do the biometrics (June 10, the same day our lovely Miss Jess has her interview!) we can expect the EAD and AP within 4-6 weeks. Many K-1 AOS people are approved for the green card without an interview (I suppose because you prove the validity of your relationship at the visa interview) so hopefully that will happen to us, but honestly, I'm expecting an RFE for for proof of my citizenship, and the vaccinations (there is much debate about what to send for this, as the mystery POE envelopes have a way of not reuniting with the files at USCIS, and they are not super clear about whether the DS-3025 is sufficient proof of vaccinations, etc. Hopefully I'll be a guinea pig for this; I'll def. let you all know what happens). :bonk: Hopefully it's smooth and quick, because I'm getting a little jealous of my sweetie staying home to listen to cricket all day while I go off to be the breadwinner!

You are well on top of this AOS business.

You are right - the biggest confusion, and the subject of many, many posts where people have been driven nuts - is the vaccination nonsense. Going to a civil surgeon for transcription, and some refuse to do the transcription, want to give you the shots again, charging a fortune etc. and if that's not enough, there is mass confusion about the ones which are age inappropriate where it states on the DS-3025 that you have file a waiver. This applies to me and I have no clue yet as to what waiver. So, yes, you can be our guinea pig, then I'm relying on our Naddy to hunt down the cheapest civil surgeon in SC, and one who knows the process.

Honestly, you would think we were all riddled with the plague and could unleash a pandemic of foot and mouth disease throughout America if those vaccinations are not transcribed properly! It is absolute nonsense, especially for people from countries which have vaccination requirements for all citizens from birth anyway!

And we hope Ewan has at least done the laundry and cleaned the house when his hunter/gatherer wife returns home at night!

Timeline

Honestly, you would think we were all riddled with the plague and could unleash a pandemic of foot and mouth disease throughout America if those vaccinations are not transcribed properly! It is absolute nonsense, especially for people from countries which have vaccination requirements for all citizens from birth anyway!

And we hope Ewan has at least done the laundry and cleaned the house when his hunter/gatherer wife returns home at night!

Yeah, seriously! All these plague-ridden immigrants stealin our jobz and such! :rofl:

Oh, yes, that Ewan's a darling. I think he just worries about not doing the cleaning or the laundry "right," and that I'll get mad at him. Silly puppy... But seriously, he's a right wonderful partner, giving me snuggles when I come home from a long day, pouring me a gin, and putting on "Curb Your Enthusiasm." Such a darlin'.

I-129F

AoS

Timeline

Yeah, seriously! All these plague-ridden immigrants stealin our jobz and such! :rofl:

Oh, yes, that Ewan's a darling. I think he just worries about not doing the cleaning or the laundry "right," and that I'll get mad at him. Silly puppy... But seriously, he's a right wonderful partner, giving me snuggles when I come home from a long day, pouring me a gin, and putting on "Curb Your Enthusiasm." Such a darlin'.

Sounds like a keeper to me Megan!As if laundry was not enough,doing it the right way!

Wow!

I miss John so much each time you say these things,lucky you (shaking fists) :whistle:

K-1 Visa

AOS

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

My humble blog:

event.png

Timeline

Sounds like a keeper to me Megan!As if laundry was not enough,doing it the right way!

Wow!

I miss John so much each time you say these things,lucky you (shaking fists) :whistle:

Only a month left until you're starting your life in the US together! When are John, et al coming to India?

I-129F

AoS

Timeline

Only a month left until you're starting your life in the US together! When are John, et al coming to India?

They are going to leave for India on the 20th,but there are a lot of layovers and all.I will be getting to see them on the 22nd afternoon.I saw John last on the 22nd of Aug,so it will be exactly 10 months..wow! :blush:

We will have an Indian celebration kinda thing,for my side of the family,I will post some pictures of it. :star:

I hope days speed by,or atleast seem to!

K-1 Visa

AOS

My humble blog:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well, me and Jum arrived in America today. It took less than 30 min to go through immigration and customs. Now I cannot sleep because I slept all day. Stupid 24 hours on a plane with no sleep. I will wait a few weeks before jumping into the AOS discussions. I just want to enjoy my time with Jum without the stress of USCIS. Good luck to everyone still waiting to enter the US. Hopefully I can fall asleep soon so I can show Jum around DC instead of just unpacking and rearranging.

They are going to leave for India on the 20th,but there are a lot of layovers and all.I will be getting to see them on the 22nd afternoon.I saw John last on the 22nd of Aug,so it will be exactly 10 months..wow! :blush:

We will have an Indian celebration kinda thing,for my side of the family,I will post some pictures of it. :star:

I hope days speed by,or atleast seem to!

10 months?! Lady you have amazing strength....there am I thinking six months is bad :( Me and J are trying to figure out if we can get him here before the big move, but the flight prices SUCK right now...you know, we chose November are our wedding date because last year flight prices (for our guests) were around the £320 mark direct...now I can't find anything for less than £500. Now a lot of my friends are a lot less likely to come, and can't blame them :(

But back to you my dear....VERY happy for you finally getting to see your man :) When's the big move?!

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.