that_girl

November 2009 filers

2,457 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I hope and pray that you guys do not have to bear the brunt of the increase in fees just yet!

Everything about this immigration journey is so damn expensive.They have to cut us some slack here.

All the best sweety!

That is seriously weird! Why would they do that?Did you try calling and finding out?

I hope they do not perform a repeat act.

Good Luck!:)

You know one thing about the Cairo Consular office, the NEVER EVER answer the phone, and if the do by any luck, they tell you to e-mail your questions. But at lest they appear to be good with their e-mail response (about 4 - 5 days turnaround). So, yes we e-mailed them this morning but it is still a very puzzling action to be takec by a consular office. We are just hoping that it is a minor glich in someone's brain and not the entire consular.

HandA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I called DoS today. The only thing they have is that French consulate sent me the P3 on March 12.

Then, she said that they are waiting for the Affedative of Support. I was like :"huh? on the P3 it said I have to show it at the interview". So she said, :"oh ok". o.O

So they have no sign bout me returning the P3, and no interview date for me for me.

Oh well, I guess VSC has a french cousin, the stupid french consulate >.<

K1 Journey : Total length (from filing I-129F till Visa in hand) : 190 days (~6.3 month)

NOA1 issued : 11 - 09 - 2009 (6 days)

NOA2 issued : 02 - 26 - 2010 (109 days) (OMG!!!! was about time)

Interview date : 05 - 12 - 2010 (75 days) Approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~ Happily Married on June 5th 2010 ~~~

AoS / EAD Journey : Total length (from filing I-485 / I-765 till Green Card in hand) : 115 days (~3.8 month)

I-485 / I-765 sent : 06 - 21 - 2010

NOA1 for AoS & EAD : 07 - 02 - 2010 (11 days)

Biometrics walk-in : 08 -02 - 2010 (was scheduled for 08 - 20 - 2010) (31 days)

EAD card received : 09 - 06 - 2010 (17 days)

Green-Card received : 11 - 01 - 2010 (56 days)

~~~ Done with USCIS till October 20th 2012 ~~~

Lifting of Conditions (I-751) Journey :

I-751 sent : 09 - 25 - 2012

NOA1 received : 10 - 05 - 2012 (10 days)

Biometrics appointment : 10 - 26 - 2012 (21 days)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You know one thing about the Cairo Consular office, the NEVER EVER answer the phone, and if the do by any luck, they tell you to e-mail your questions. But at lest they appear to be good with their e-mail response (about 4 - 5 days turnaround). So, yes we e-mailed them this morning but it is still a very puzzling action to be takec by a consular office. We are just hoping that it is a minor glich in someone's brain and not the entire consular.

HandA

Hmm well amen to that sister!( or brother).So does Cairo have a packet 4?Or is it straight to the medical and interview now?

I called DoS today. The only thing they have is that French consulate sent me the P3 on March 12.

Then, she said that they are waiting for the Affedative of Support. I was like :"huh? on the P3 it said I have to show it at the interview". So she said, :"oh ok". o.O

So they have no sign bout me returning the P3, and no interview date for me for me.

Aww Naddy! You are obviously spot on about the Frenchie cousin,arrgh,it must be irritating ,slow and dumb about something they SHOULD know!

I hope,I feel that you will get an answer next week,no wait,early next week!

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Grrr! Hold out, dear! Maybe we should get Jess to send the French consulate some... coffee and croissants (instead of the bagels we used for the VSC folks)? And while we're at it, let's ship 'em off to Nigeria, Egypt and London so those folks all get it in gear as well.

Aww Naddy! You are obviously spot on about the Frenchie cousin,arrgh,it must be irritating ,slow and dumb about something they SHOULD know!

I hope,I feel that you will get an answer next week,no wait,early next week!

We should get Madame Cleo back to predict the P4 arrival dates! :lol:

Edited by that_girl

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

yup consulates can be brothers of vsc..###### egg heads

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is what sucks about every embassy having different rules. The embassy in Thailand is very well organized will a very well written P3 (the I134 was an original document that needed to be returned with the P3). I wish everyone could have had the same experience I did. Well I am bored. I have nothing to do anymore, so I will start getting ready to give knuckle sandwiches to the Embassies in Paris, London, Mumbai, New Zealand, and other places that I seem to have forgotten. However, I think that might cause a delay in their processing, but it will be a fun time had by all.

Anyways it looks like a June wedding for me. I was hoping to get married on 8/9/10, but I want to get Jum on my Medical Insurance. So I will marry Jum in June.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Grrr! Hold out, dear! Maybe we should get Jess to send the French consulate some... coffee and croissants (instead of the bagels we used for the VSC folks)? And while we're at it, let's ship 'em off to Nigeria, Egypt and London so those folks all get it in gear as well.

We should get Madame Cleo back to predict the P4 arrival dates! :lol:

Oh That_girl, you are getting to be as funny as Ms DogHandler, perhaps we may have to open our own Comedy Club and have Madame Cleo predict the enite K-1 process... Anyway, I don't understand why one Consular has to be different from another. Don't they all follow the same Foreign Policy from the same source (USA) and from the same book written by Henry Kissinger or whoever??:-) The Cairo Consulate website for example says that DS-160 on-line form has to be filled but the checklist on packet 3 never mentions about this on-line form... They also ask for evidence of engagment on packet 3, so if you don't have a photo does that mean that you are not engaged? I think this whole thing is designed to be stressful on people...

HandA

Honey, by my calculations you are at 141 days of waiting...and that is simply awful. If you haven't got it in 10 days, you must get your USC's congressman to put in an enquiry, as you are right up to the 5 month wait. Or, you can call and complain yourself. Keep us posted, we are all here for you, and feeling for you.

I just called the customer service hotline, and they told me they can't do anything until the 12th (it should be the 10th, but that's a Saturday). They also happened to mention that '5 months is an estimate. It can take 5, it can take 7.' geez!

If they're going to drag this out beyond the normal timeframe we'll have to abandon this route and move elsewhere. I know this is harsh, but it could start causing big problems--mainly my fiance's career and finances. He's finishing up a phd and can only put his life on hold for so long while he's waiting to move here. When I applied I estimated that it would take 5 months to get the petition approved, so so far we're okay. However, if this is going to drag on much longer I may end up back in the UK.

Anyway, we're still doing okay. Who know. Maybe something will come tomorrow. One day at a time, etc.

11/10/09 - K1 NOA1 date
4/22/10 - NOA2 mailed
7/21/10 - interview
8/27/10 - arrival in US
9/4/10 - wedding
10/2/10 - sent off AoS pack
12/27/10 - GC interview (approved)
10/09/12 - mailed application I-751
10/11/12 - NOA for I-175

4/23/13 - I-175 approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hey guys! Just got in, but wanted to let you all know as soon as possible: I AM IN THE US!!!!!!! Puppy was a hero and survived the cargohold!

POE was a breeze - when I got in, there were hundreds of people in the foreign citizens line, so I asked a guy in uniform if I could go with the US citizens. I gave him a very sad look and told him about my puppy in cargo and he let me :)

There were no question whatsoever, just about the dogfood I had on me - because of that I had a twenty minute wait in secondary customs. Otherwise, really no problem at all.

Now I am just waiting for my baby to come home on Sunday and we'll be reunited :) :) I am ridiculously (however you spell that) happy!!!!!!!

Lifting conditions: 2012-05-25

AOS process

• AOS package sent: 2010-06-24
  • NOA1 AOS/EAD/AP: 2010-07-02
  • Biometrics walk-in: 2010-07-14 (original appointment: 2010-08-05)
  • AOS transferred to CSC: 2010-07-29
  • AOS approved, card production ordered: 2010-08-26
  • Welcome letter received: 2010-08-30
  • EAD and AP approved: 2010-08-31
  • GC received!!!!!!!!: 2010-09-02

K1 process

• I-129F Sent: 2009-10-28
  • I-129F NOA1: 2009-11-05
  • I-129F NOA2: 2010-02-19
  • Received Packet3: 2010-03-09
  • Medical: 2010-03-17
  • Interview: 2010-03-24
  • Visa in hand: 2010-03-25
  • POE: 2010-04-01 (IAD)
  • Wedding: 2010-05-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello DogHandlet and the rest of Novemberite VSCs, I was in a hiberation mode after a VSC virus infection but thanx to the NOA2 vaccine and we just sent our Packt 3 last Sunday. But suprisingly, the Egyption consular unexplicably DHL back the entire package to my fiance yesterday with NO explanation or whatsoever :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: . We know someone opened the package and stapled everything together, but with no explanation and no note, someone at the consular decided to use our pre-paid DHL package and sent the enitre packge bak to us with NO explanation. I think someone is smoking so much Shuha in there and forgot what to do :bonk: :bonk: So we ended up DHLing everything again this morning and hopefully someone will straighten in out for us... :help: Other than we are happy to see the many progresses that are underway and good luck to all family memebers...

HandA

So good to hear from you! The Cairo Consulate :wow: they are TOTALLY BONKERS! They could run their own comedy club! They must have thought you were smokin the Shuha too and could "tune in to the vibes" on what was wrong with your packet 3.

We've heard it ALL now! You just have to keep laughing! I've been howling at the moon tonight I'm officially demented now!

Timeline

I just called the customer service hotline, and they told me they can't do anything until the 12th (it should be the 10th, but that's a Saturday). They also happened to mention that '5 months is an estimate. It can take 5, it can take 7.' geez!

If they're going to drag this out beyond the normal timeframe we'll have to abandon this route and move elsewhere. I know this is harsh, but it could start causing big problems--mainly my fiance's career and finances. He's finishing up a phd and can only put his life on hold for so long while he's waiting to move here. When I applied I estimated that it would take 5 months to get the petition approved, so so far we're okay. However, if this is going to drag on much longer I may end up back in the UK.

Anyway, we're still doing okay. Who know. Maybe something will come tomorrow. One day at a time, etc.

No, no, no, no, NO! BS. Go to congressman. You will get it the day after the congressman puts in his enquiry. Trust me, been there, got the T-shirt.

All you need to say is, VSC are not processing in date order, which is on their mission statement and which they claim they live and die by. There is enough evidence of the breach of their very own policies and procedures of that on VJ Igor's list alone.

Timeline

Hey guys! Just got in, but wanted to let you all know as soon as possible: I AM IN THE US!!!!!!! Puppy was a hero and survived the cargohold!

POE was a breeze - when I got in, there were hundreds of people in the foreign citizens line, so I asked a guy in uniform if I could go with the US citizens. I gave him a very sad look and told him about my puppy in cargo and he let me :)

There were no question whatsoever, just about the dogfood I had on me - because of that I had a twenty minute wait in secondary customs. Otherwise, really no problem at all.

Now I am just waiting for my baby to come home on Sunday and we'll be reunited :) :) I am ridiculously (however you spell that) happy!!!!!!!

Great news about the puppy. That's very reassuring for me. I had no idea dog food was the new contraband. Best of luck and warm wishes for your new life.

You can be one of the first to give us the heads up on AOS, but do switch of for a while and enjoy being free from all this for a few months x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Awesome!!

<3 swimminupstream

K1 Visa (VSC)

11/25/09 Sent application

11/30/09 Received application at VSC

11/30/09 NOA 1

12/03/09 touch

3/19/2010 NOA 2 (approval) :)

3/25/2010 NVC received case (case is an "expedited case"??)

3/26/2010 NOA 2 hardcopy received in the mail

3/29/2010 NVC forwarded case to Dublin- sent DHL

3/31/2010 Case was signed for at Dublin Consulate

4/13/2010 Packet 3 received

5/07/2010 Sent letter and email to embassy...no word on interview????

5/11/2010 Embassy called saying we did nots ubmit ds 230 with "notice of readiness"

5/11/2010 Mailed in ds 230

5/17/2010 Embassy called stating ds 230 was not the right "version" (got it off this site..fyi)

5/21/2010 Received the "right" version of ds 230/filled it out/sent it back to embassy

6/04/2010 Received interview date!! (finally)

6/08/2010 Interview at U.S Embassy/Dublin!!!!!!***approval pending receipt of a copy of divorce decree :( (one that is a certified copy)

6/17/2010 Visa arrived in the mail!!!!

6/19/2010 Joseph arrives in the U.S. :)

7/02/2010 Married!!! Honeymoon in Sanibel Island, Florida

8/24/2010 Uscis recieved AOS, EAD, AP packet

8/31/2010 NOA-Rejection notice...sent too much money, had to send correct amt

9/16/2010 AOS, EAD, AP recieved by USCIS with correct amt.

9/23/2010 recieved appt for biometrics (10/20)

10/04/2010 recieved RFE, forgot to sign a document. Signed and returned.

10/20/2010 Biometrics appt.

Congratulations on your arrival in US and best wishes for a happy future ! :)

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Are you going to go to the Cherry Blossom festival?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.